BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,546
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: ESM Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know we all want to look at the world with those rose colored glasses but sports is tough. Sports used to be a conduit for life. It helps you over come adversity. It helps you learn how to deal with many different people & personalities.

I understand Coaches say, teammates say, even parents say tough things. We may not like it but I was always taught there was a time and place for everything. Just as I am a proponent of "hey, your kid is great at my house you really taught them manners." Funny you hear as a response 8 of 10 times , "that isn't the case in my house." Well they did listened and followed through at the right times. They applied the lessons learned!

I have absolutely no connection to the situation but see way to much coddling. When did it become a soft world. You got called out, okay; you got called a name, sucks, yeah sure. But Move on! It is not how you fall but how you get up!!! So get the up.

I thought LI lax was like Texas football or Texas cheerleading I guess not. I am not really an ends justify the means person but if all a coach did was call the girls some names and pointed out a few players. Don't see the big deal.

Oh and for those that say they are girls, I say why treat girls any different than boys. Just because you called them a name doesn't mean you don't respect and like/love them. I am quite sure we have all called our parents, family members and close friends bad names. doesn't mean we didn't love and care for them.

Hey I have a few nieces and nephews I called "little [lacrosse].. plenty of times and deservingly so. But I love them dearly and would do anything for them.

The most important part of your post was when you said you "have absolutely no connection to the situation". If you did, and your daughter was the subject of this behavior, which is more than name calling, your post would be completely different. I agree with much of what you said, but it doesn't really apply here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Hop. please check out the last poster. that's all I was trying to say. he just worded it much more eloquently than I ever could. Well put sir. as a retired coach I couldn't agree more.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Hey Hop. please check out the last poster. that's all I was trying to say. he just worded it much more eloquently than I ever could. Well put sir. as a retired coach I couldn't agree more.

I agree with much of that post as well but also agree with the responding post. I guess the old adage of "it's in the details" applies here. I'm not sure we can all get the gist of the details flying over it at 10,000 feet. The investigators, parents and coaches have a better take on all this and will be the players in this moving forward. Not us.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah you're probably right. I was just pointing out how well explained the "old" coach's opinion that's all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the girls, I would like to say congratulations and that you have made our school very proud. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and quite an accomplishment. You will all cherish this for the rest of your lives. Whether you played in the games or not you should be proud. Good luck in states!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone looked into the AD's past with LIU Post? There is a reason he does not want conflict.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who's their AD?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone looked into the AD's past with LIU Post? There is a reason he does not want conflict.
now your really grasping at straws!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not fully aware of [lacrosse] the players are being treated everyone is dancing around the topic and not providing any details so yes I'm gonna defend the coach until I hear an example of her bullying

I was told by a friend that has kids on the ESM program that the coach singled out a couple of girls after a loss and called the girls pu$$se$ . If it is true and she called my daughter that I wouldn't be on here talking about it I would be in the AD office with the coach and my daughter getting to the bottom of it.

This comment allegedly made by the coach was from two years ago. They looked into it two years ago and was found to be untrue. When there is talk of an "investigation" not one player on the current team has been questioned about whether they have witnessed anything inappropriate . My daughter told me this has by far been the best year on the team-not just because of how well they are doing but it's been the most fun with all the players and coaches really having a great time all while working hard on the field. What kind of an investigation calls players from two years ago and asks if the coach said mean things? The past is the past. And if a parent is alleging bullying and abuse why wouldn't you pull your child away? They are a great bunch of girls who have so much fun together and are so close. A few parents have tried to sabotage this team and I couldn't be more happy for the girls that they were able to block it out and do so well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
me too

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so thwas incidents aren't from this season?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
so thwas incidents aren't from this season?

What?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry was typing fast. it meant to say these incidents aren't from this season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outsider reading this the only conclusion is that they played like a team, believed in themselves, believed in their teammates & believed in their coaches and won the Long Island Championship because of it. No parent complaining was going to stop them from doing it. Teams and leaders win now go bring home the title. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outsider reading this the only conclusion is that they played like a team, believed in themselves, believed in their teammates & believed in their coaches and won the Long Island Championship because of it. No parent complaining was going to stop them from doing it. Teams and leaders win now go bring home the title. Good luck.

Oh so full of crap.
Here is another conclusion Mrs "Outsider" lol.
The ESM coach played the same kids that are her pets ALL GAME LONG same as the rest of the season, screamed at them on the field same as the rest of the season and beat a WANTAGH team that didn't play nearly as well as they should have.
Easy as that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so full of crap.
The ESM coach played the same kids that are her pets ALL GAME LONG same as the rest of the season, screamed at them on the field same as the rest of the season and beat a WANTAGH team that didn't play nearly as well as they should have.
Easy as that.

Sounds like the coach played the correct kids because they won it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM = SMH you girls won and go represent Long Island no matter what your dysfunctional parents have to say about it. I thought watching the Smithtown East parents fighting among themselves were entertaining this is simply amazing and sad put your differences aside and be proud and loud for your children causing getting back ain't easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so full of crap.
Easy as that.

At the expense of the other 13 kids on the team. Winning at any expense...your right that morons like you think that's what it's about. Read the posts you idiot. You just don't get it and never will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so full of crap.
Easy as that.

It's a shame you feel that way and can't give credit to your own team's hard work. ESM played great and beat a great Wantagh team. It's even more of a shame that you can't be happy for these players because you're letting your own personal feelings get in the way. Did you see how happy they all were after that game? These girls all genuinely care and support each other from the youngest to the oldest. Sometimes we parents get in the way. Just let them enjoy this great season and this weekend. just for a few more days can we just be supportive and wish the girls the best? I guarantee you none of them will forget these past two weeks and will remember them fondly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so full of crap.
Easy as that.

She didn't scream at them. Watch the game on MSG. Even when mistakes happened she handled it fine and that's why the girls shook it off and continued to play great. enough with the screaming accusations. Each game was filmed. Get the link and go watch each game and you will see she didn't yell and scream.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so full of crap.
Easy as that.

At the expense of the other 13 kids on the team. Winning at any expense...your right that morons like you think that's what it's about. Read the posts you idiot. You just don't get it and never will.
Wake up and watch the other games coaches play the game to win and there are not many subs in most of the tight games you moron. Unless your at practice everyday working with the kids day in a and day out how would you ever know why she plays the kids she plays? She won a championship idiot, now go and cheer for your kids or just go to a corner and stew while your yes your child's team wins a state championship and you just drove 289 miles to be bitter. Three days to States and this is how you act pretty sad. I wish it was just some sh** h**d trying g to stir the pot but your hatred seems to be sincere. Good luck ESM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just caught bits and pieces of an ESM game against shoreham. looks like a well coached team. I didn't hear any screaming and yelling but then again the audio on msg varsity is terrible it's like the microphone is out in the parking lot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so full of crap.
Easy as that.

Wake up and watch the other games coaches play the game to win and there are not many subs in most of the tight games you moron. Unless your at practice everyday working with the kids day in a and day out how would you ever know why she plays the kids she plays? She won a championship idiot, now go and cheer for your kids or just go to a corner and stew while your yes your child's team wins a state championship and you just drove 289 miles to be bitter. Three days to States and this is how you act pretty sad. I wish it was just some sh** h**d trying g to stir the pot but your hatred seems to be sincere. Good luck ESM

So true WI only plays 13-14 kids that's just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymousl
Unregistered
Anonymousl
Unregistered
A
sorry was typing fast. it meant to say these incidents aren't from this season?

From two and three years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow two and three years ago huh? and most of those girls are in college and as the coach wins a LI championship that's when parents from two and three years ago want her fired? WOW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's go ESM! Come back with a state title!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
games today or tomorrow? I wish them the best of luck. I live outside the district and support the team and your coach. best of luck in state championship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
games today or tomorrow? I wish them the best of luck. I live outside the district and support the team and your coach. best of luck in state championship!

you obviously don't know anything about the coach's behavior over the last few years. good luck to the girls for sure though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow two and three years ago huh? and most of those girls are in college and as the coach wins a LI championship that's when parents from two and three years ago want her fired? WOW

another one who's lucky that your kid hasn't been hazed and abused by a coach and thinks it's all about winning in HS. you don't get it either but you're certainly not alone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

another one who's lucky that your kid hasn't been hazed and abused by a coach and thinks it's all about winning in HS. you don't get it either but you're certainly not alone!

It is all about winning...go get your participation medal at Gymboree! BABY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop now this is getting ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
listen I was the original poster who asked how two or three years later this is finally being brought up. not here to insult u or make light of your case either. was your daughter a starter abd is she playing lacrosse still? also not a dig or an insult just asking bcuz as a former coach I've coached with some great coaches and some nightmares and I've had some great players and parents and some nightmare players and parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is all about winning...go get your participation medal at Gymboree! BABY

You're a moron

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop now this is getting ridiculous

it's far from ridiculous. it's serious and fortunately it will be corrected soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM up 11-4 in second half of state semi-s vs watertown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is it going upstate!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Sorry guys I mistakenly anointed ESM as State Champions. One more to go tomorrow. Wishful thinking on my part as all Suffolk teams advance to the finals!!
Good luck girls!!!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh I thought they played already too. Lol. I'm rooting for them also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just opened up Newsday this morning and was happy to see the ESM girls win states!!!! I live outside the district but if I didn't and had a daughter I would've loved to have had her play for that team. looks like a great bunch from top to bottom. hope msg varsity shows the game this week. congrats girls!!! there were people rooting against you.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Girls NYSPHSAA Championship games are being played today. Good luck to West Islip, ESM and Mt. Sinai.
Suffolk County could sweep the finals with wins today.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard