BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Newsday's Boys Lacrosse Top 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1) Massapequa
2) Syosset
3) Chaminade
4) Ward Melville
5) Lynbrook
6) St. Anthony's
7) Northport
8) Smithtown East
9) Hills East
10) Carey

Massive matchup tonight. #2 in the nation, Massapequa, squares off against #4 in the nation, Syosset!!

Come on now how about this.

1) Massapequa
2) Syosset
3) Chaminade
4) St. Anthony's
5) Northport
6) Connectquot
7) Lynbrook
8) Smithtown East
9) Hills East
10) Ward Melville

Hon men. Carey, SWR, Smithtown West, CSH, West Islip, Sachem N.

Until tonight's game. If loser is Syo they go to #4. If Masapequa loses they just go to #2.

St. Anthonys above Northport and Lynbrook I can see. At least a valid argument can be made for it. But Connetquot at 6???? That's funny. You must be the coach. Ward Melville is still a top 5 team and there isn't a person in the country (outside of Connetquot) that would disagree. A fluke loss to an unproven Connetquot team doesn't drop them to 10 (or even below Connetquot). They are just too strong. Don't get me wrong, Conn is having a nice little season, but they need to win out to be considered a top 10 team and can't be before then. Set up a game with Yorktown. See how that goes.

If a team beats another team, head to head, they should be ranked higher. That is fair--from --WM parent. So, I have no issue with the number 10 slot.

We play chammy next week and then roll into May with a not great remainder of teams to play.

I suspect these rankings mean very little to the boys so I for one am happy to wait till the year is over before ranking teams. If quot or Northport can win in the playoffs against WM, SW, SE, Sachem N, and represent Suffolk against Syosset/Massapequa, they deserve being ranked higher.

That is the game suffolk teams should be watching tonight to see who is the likely Nassau class A opponent...

So wrong, the kids do care and follow lax power - net play - msgv.

Np or quot does not have to wait to be ranked higher than teams they beat. Wake up people. They beat them - done. No SOS needed. Will Syo be ranked over Pequa no.

Pequa
Syo
Chammy
St A
Quot
Nport

I picked the WM loss and I'm not from Northport. Played both. Sorry NP gets the nod. And I dont like them... I like WM, but you just start to slow... And you asked earlier yes Northport would have whooped Yorktown.

Give credit for what teams have done. WM hasn't done enough for top 5 on the island as of now.

Neither has Connetquot. You really believe that they're the 5th best team on LI?? Seriously?? They're not. Not yet. If they beat NP they may be top 10. And just because a team beats another team once does not make them better. By your logic the Knicks are a better team than the Hawks because they beat them two weeks ago. Please.

Who does connetquot play non-league? No one....they are a decent team but and have had some lucky wins...no blowouts by the way. Agree Northport has the edge over connetquot. Get over yourself thunderbird parents!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Massapequa
2) Syosset
3) Chaminade
4) Ward Melville
5) Lynbrook
6) St. Anthony's
7) Northport
8) Smithtown East
9) Hills East
10) Carey

Massive matchup tonight. #2 in the nation, Massapequa, squares off against #4 in the nation, Syosset!!

1) Massapequa
2) Syosset
3) Chaminade
4) St. Anthony's
5) Northport
6) Connectquot
7) Lynbrook
8) Smithtown East
9) Hills East
10) Ward Melville

Until tonight's game. If loser is Syo they go to #4. If Masapequa loses they just go to #2.

St. Anthonys above Northport and Lynbrook I can see. At least a valid argument can be made for it. But Connetquot at 6???? That's funny. You must be the coach. Ward Melville is still a top 5 team and there isn't a person in the country (outside of Connetquot) that would disagree. A fluke loss to an unproven Connetquot team doesn't drop them to 10 (or even below Connetquot). They are just too strong. Don't get me wrong, Conn is having a nice little season, but they need to win out to be considered a top 10 team and can't be before then. Set up a game with Yorktown. See how that goes.

If a team beats another team, head to head, they should be ranked higher. That is fair--from --WM parent. So, I have no issue with the number 10 slot.

We play chammy next week and then roll into May with a not great remainder of teams to play.

I suspect these rankings mean very little to the boys so I for one am happy to wait till the year is over before ranking teams. If quot or Northport can win in the playoffs against WM, SW, SE, Sachem N, and represent Suffolk against Syosset/Massapequa, they deserve being ranked higher.

That is the game suffolk teams should be watching tonight to see who is the likely Nassau class A opponent...

Np or quot does not have to wait to be ranked higher than teams they beat. Wake up people. They beat them - done. No SOS needed. Will Syo be ranked over Pequa no.

Pequa
Syo
Chammy
St A
Quot
Nport

I picked the WM loss and I'm not from Northport. Played both. Sorry NP gets the nod. And I dont like them... I like WM, but you just start to slow... And you asked earlier yes Northport would have whooped Yorktown.

Give credit for what teams have done. WM hasn't done enough for top 5 on the island as of now.

Neither has Connetquot. You really believe that they're the 5th best team on LI?? Seriously?? They're not. Not yet. If they beat NP they may be top 10. And just because a team beats another team once does not make them better. By your logic the Knicks are a better team than the Hawks because they beat them two weeks ago. Please.

Just crown WM Mythical Champions of The Three Village Kingdom and make this Joker happy. No need to play any games, WM is the best, just ask this guy and he will tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Massapequa
2) Syosset
3) Chaminade
4) Ward Melville
5) Lynbrook
6) St. Anthony's
7) Northport
8) Smithtown East
9) Hills East
10) Carey

1) Massapequa
2) Syosset
3) Chaminade
4) St. Anthony's
5) Northport
6) Connectquot
7) Lynbrook
8) Smithtown East
9) Hills East
10) Ward Melville

Pequa
Syo
Chammy
St A
Quot
Nport

Connetquot is not ready to be ranked that high. Well see after NP. Syosset could have easily won the game yesterday. They controlled most of it. Went off sides durine overtime to force a turnover. They can easily win next round. They are equal with Pequa. Hope they pull it off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree NP is better than Quot but I did put quot over them by one. Undefeated means something. Doing what you need means something. I also only put syo,at 2 that was a quality loss. WM is a great team but didn't do what they had to. Not top 5 until you prove yourself to do so. Yorktown would be spanked by most of that top 5. Again wm you start to slow. And who cares where you are now it is at the end that matters. Give the teams that deserve the ranking now there time. The race isn't top 5 now it is who is top 20.

You know I have my thoughts
Wm
Hhhe
Lynbrook
Carey
Smith E (I think west will beat them)

Gc
Whitman
Many asset
Port Wash
SWR

Csh
Sachem north
West Islip
hhhw

Mt Sinai/Bay Shore/harbor fields

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport 13
Sachem North 8

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC making a run now. They are underrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, They're not v good. Syo/Pequa way better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. They are getting hot at the right time and playing great lax. They are better than Smithtown, Northport, Connetquot right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. They are getting hot at the right time and playing great lax. They are better than Smithtown, Northport, Connetquot right now.

LYNBROOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has GC played any of the teams that you mention?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they have not, but opinions are like A..holes ...everybody has 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. But they've never played my undefeated 5th grade PAL team either. That doesn't mean they're not better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. But they've never played my undefeated 5th grade PAL team either. That doesn't mean they're not better.

I have seen GC play SYO and Mass and I have seen NP play Syo - based on those games that I have seen I would say NP and GC would be a very close game and like most of these games this year F/O and Goalie play would determine the outcome at this point you can not say GC would beat them but rather that they could beat them. Instead of GC worrying about Suffolk A's they really need to worry about Nassau B's for the time being. Having seen every Nassau A, CSH, SET, WM, NP, Chaminade I still think Lynbrook is the best team on LI....IMHO they would give MASS and SYO a run for their money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen GC play SYO and Mass and I have seen NP play Syo - based on those games that I have seen I would say NP and GC would be a very close game and like most of these games this year F/O and Goalie play would determine the outcome at this point you can not say GC would beat them but rather that they could beat them. Instead of GC worrying about Suffolk A's they really need to worry about Nassau B's for the time being. Having seen every Nassau A, CSH, SET, WM, NP, Chaminade I still think Lynbrook is the best team on LI....IMHO they would give MASS and SYO a run for their money

GC may have an ugly slow offense but their Defense is superb and I think will keep it close enough for the offense to have enough moments to win the big games. Two of their defenders are not only amongst the best on the island but the best anywhere. having two of that quality is a big deal in high school lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM beats chammy 7-5. Honestly was close, but WM was clearly in control all game....how does that change the the rankings if at all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi When Npt played Syosset Npt fogo could not play. Made a huge difference in that game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM beats chammy 7-5. Honestly was close, but WM was clearly in control all game....how does that change the the rankings if at all?

Game was competitive, would not say WM in control until the very end. Both teams will need to tighten it up if they want to win a championship. Chammy just a bit more careless with the ball at times. WM Goalie and #10 both looked very good. Do not think either team played to their potential but is was a hard fought competitive game. WM can win the County but will need to bring more fire power if they want to win the Long Island Championship and compete for The State Title.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi When Npt played Syosset Npt fogo could not play. Made a huge difference in that game

Again..... 10 goal difference ? I don't think so. The f/o being there wasn't going to close up the gap that much .
And again if you want to keep saying who wasn't there then every team has same problem every game, Syosset missing injured starting defense and middies all season too
You play with what you have , no excuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again..... 10 goal difference ? I don't think so. The f/o being there wasn't going to close up the gap that much .
And again if you want to keep saying who wasn't there then every team has same problem every game, Syosset missing injured starting defense and middies all season too

What happened to the Connetquot kid who was cross checked in the back of the head against Sachem? It looked like a very cheap and dangerous check. Does anyone know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the Connetquot kid who was cross checked in the back of the head against Sachem? It looked like a very cheap and dangerous check. Does anyone know?

No excuses, coach. You play with who you have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game was competitive, would not say WM in control until the very end. Both teams will need to tighten it up if they want to win a championship. Chammy just a bit more careless with the ball at times. WM Goalie and #10 both looked very good. Do not think either team played to their potential but is was a hard fought competitive game. WM can win the County but will need to bring more fire power if they want to win the Long Island Championship and compete for The State Title.

From my vantage, WM was pretty much in control all game. Agree it was competitive, but never had the feeling that Chammy was going to make any run...

Agree on firepower but Chammy has a pretty good D. I think there only loss was pequa by a couple early in the season. So, again, how do ranking change?

WM losses to both Northport and quot by a goal. The quot game was double OT and in Northport, two last minute goals won the day for that squad.

If I were ranking, would move WM up a few spots (with Northport above WM, quot one below WM) and Chammy falls further down a few...rest stays as is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC worries about Suffolk (and Nassau) As and out-of-state programs early in the season so when it is time to worry about Nassau Bs (now) they are prepared and ready. Next two weeks will answer this question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my vantage, WM was pretty much in control all game. Agree it was competitive, but never had the feeling that Chammy was going to make any run...

Agree on firepower but Chammy has a pretty good D. I think there only loss was pequa by a couple early in the season. So, again, how do ranking change?

WM losses to both Northport and quot by a goal. The quot game was double OT and in Northport, two last minute goals won the day for that squad.

If I were ranking, would move WM up a few spots (with Northport above WM, quot one below WM) and Chammy falls further down a few...rest stays as is.

How can you move Wm above Quot, a team that is undefeated (I don't care the schedule)and beat them.

St Anthony's last 3 out of 4 games will tell where they belong. Worried off The Jerico last 4 games are brutal. Should be fun to watch it all play out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you move Wm above Quot, a team that is undefeated (I don't care the schedule)and beat them.

St Anthony's last 3 out of 4 games will tell where they belong. Worried off The Jerico last 4 games are brutal. Should be fun to watch it all play out.

Schedule matters to everyone that does not live in the Connetquot district. Ward Melville is a better team that lost in 2 overtimes. The playoffs will be quick for Connetquot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Schedule matters to everyone that does not live in the Connetquot district. Ward Melville is a better team that lost in 2 overtimes. The playoffs will be quick for Connetquot. [/quote]

Connetquot plays Sachem North, Bayshore and Northport in the next week. With the exception of WM, they've had a cupcake schedule. If they win out, I'll say their top 5 on the island behind Mass, Syosset, Lynbrook and Cham.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If quot wins they deserve to move up, not sure how the poster is putting chammy in top 5. Did you see the game yesterday?

Chammy a good team, but not as good as WM...so says the box score. No overtime needed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuses, coach. You play with who you have.

I'm a parent inquiring about the condition of a player. It was a brutal hit to the back of the head, if anyone knows how he is doing, please post. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope he's fine of course.
Is this your only source to check?
That's terrible that you have to ask here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree NP is better than Quot but I did put quot over them by one. Undefeated means something. Doing what you need means something. I also only put syo,at 2 that was a quality loss. WM is a great team but didn't do what they had to. Not top 5 until you prove yourself to do so. Yorktown would be spanked by most of that top 5. Again wm you start to slow. And who cares where you are now it is at the end that matters. Give the teams that deserve the ranking now there time. The race isn't top 5 now it is who is top 20.

Wm
Hhhe
Lynbrook
Carey

Gc
Whitman
Many asset
Port Wash
SWR

Csh
Sachem north
West Islip
hhhw

What was that you were saying, West will be East,ha! Guess you should not be ranking teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wm
Hhhe
Lynbrook
Carey

Gc
Whitman
Many asset
Port Wash
SWR

Csh
Sachem north
West Islip
hhhw

What was that you were saying, West will be East,ha! Guess you should not be ranking teams

Carey not a very good team. Lost to a weak Wantagh team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wm
Hhhe
Lynbrook
Carey

Gc
Whitman
Many asset
Port Wash
SWR

Csh
Sachem north
West Islip
hhhw

This list needs to be updated. NG as it stands. Carey should not be here? SE should be 1st? Bay Shore?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
carey isn't a contender. having a close game vs garden city doesn't vault you up there. gc has weakest team in a very long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wm
Hhhe
Lynbrook
Carey

Gc
Whitman
Many asset
Port Wash
SWR

Csh
Sachem north
West Islip
hhhw

This list needs to be updated. NG as it stands. Carey should not be here? SE should be 1st? Bay Shore?

this list was the schools from 6 -20 with 3 added as honorable mention. Substitute Sachem East for Bay Shore, why because they beat them. See how that works.

Here is my latest

Pequa
Syo
Nport
Quot
WM
Cham
St Ant
Port Wash
Smith E
Hhhe
Lynbrook
SWR
Whitman
West Islip
Manhasset
GC
Csh
Sachem north
hhhw
Sachem East
Mt Sinai
harbor fields

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wm
Hhhe
Lynbrook
Carey

Gc
Whitman
Many asset
Port Wash
SWR

Csh
Sachem north
West Islip
hhhw

this list was the schools from 6 -20 with 3 added as honorable mention. Substitute Sachem East for Bay Shore, why because they beat them. See how that works.

Here is my latest

Pequa
Syo
Nport
Quot
WM
Cham
St Ant
Port Wash
Smith E
Hhhe
Lynbrook
SWR
Whitman
West Islip
Manhasset
GC
Csh
Sachem north
hhhw
Sachem East
Mt Sinai
harbor fields

That's a funny list! After pequa, you have a mess going on! Port and Cham for instance belong much further down, as will quot once they lose. Lynbrook and East move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wm
Hhhe
Lynbrook
Carey

Gc
Whitman
Many asset
Port Wash
SWR

Csh
Sachem north
West Islip
hhhw

Here is my latest

Pequa
Syo
Nport
Quot
WM
Cham
St Ant
Port Wash
Smith E
Hhhe
Lynbrook
SWR
Whitman
West Islip
Manhasset
GC
Csh
Sachem north
hhhw
Sachem East
Mt Sinai
harbor fields

That's a funny list! After pequa, you have a mess going on! Port and Cham for instance belong much further down, as will quot once they lose. Lynbrook and East move up.

I agree Lynbrook could be higher just couldn't see where. Northport belongs a top the list for now so does Quot. Unless you are talking Port Washington. Which East do you speak of ? HHH or Sachem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC is very beatable. They are down but will still win the conference. You can't say enough about good coaching. Other than GC that conference is up for grabs. Would not be surprised to see a complete mix up from GC down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
chaminade JV could beat 90% of these teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They could beat some and at a scrimmage they have. Not 90% not even close but definitely could beat some

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like you're bragging about your 9 year Olds travel team. Please stop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport 9
Connetquot 8

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4