BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have any issue with a kid doing a PG year. If it can help you prepare for college, what's wrong with that? I'm here to tell you its not easy to balance college and lax. Might not be that hard for the most gifted academic kids, but not for most. If a PG year gives your son that boost academically, I think it's great. After all, isn't all of this about pursuing the best education? However if the Duke kid is 20, sounds like he was most likely a holdback and a PG. Legit college freshman are 18. Some still 17 in fall semester.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my point is he his already old for is grade Feb birthday, then a PG year, PLEASE HOW SYUPID IS THIS KID,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my point is he his already old for is grade Feb birthday, then a PG year, PLEASE HOW SYUPID IS THIS KID,

He's at Duke and playing lax. your on a message board for 8th grade lax. Who is more stupid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The young man wanted a great education. Therefore he elected to do a year at a prep school. Look at the Duke roster, many kids took a prep year. A Duke education is worth an awful lot, how much is Professional Lax paying these days?? Lacrosse is a means to an end EDUCATION wise, not a sport you are going to get rich playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have any issue with a kid doing a PG year. If it can help you prepare for college, what's wrong with that? I'm here to tell you its not easy to balance college and lax. Might not be that hard for the most gifted academic kids, but not for most. If a PG year gives your son that boost academically, I think it's great. After all, isn't all of this about pursuing the best education? However if the Duke kid is 20, sounds like he was most likely a holdback and a PG. Legit college freshman are 18. Some still 17 in fall semester.

Was not a hold back just a PG. Had a birthdate last week. Some players who committed early have some bumps along the way not saying he did or didn't. Sometime a PG is the only way to get/stay where you want to go.

Funny how Jan/Feb was old for a grade year in my time. Now Oct/Nov is old.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The young man wanted a great education. Therefore he elected to do a year at a prep school. Look at the Duke roster, many kids took a prep year. A Duke education is worth an awful lot, how much is Professional Lax paying these days?? Lacrosse is a means to an end EDUCATION wise, not a sport you are going to get rich playing.

It would be interesting to see the pay scale of players 4-6 years out of the sport. 2011 and prior.

Will they be any significantly higher than the median scale for any college graduate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids that are born in the earlier part of the year will be 19 in their freshman lax year at college. Doing one pg year is not that big of a deal. If he had repeated 8th grade, than chose a pg year- and was 21 at time of freshman year- that is something to talk about. I suspect, you will see some of the 8th grade holdbacks being asked to pg in the future as well. Will be interesting to see if they want to give up ANOTHER year of their life at that point. It will certainly be a much longer road for these kids to get to college. I suspect- some will be burnt out from an extra two years of schooling before they even start their freshman classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding your son back in 8th grade for an advantage on the athletic field is a shameful act. Let the boy grow and mature. So he doesn't verbal to Duke in 9th grade...so what? If he's good enough, he will go where he wants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats fine then let US Lacrosse adopt the same system that USA Hockey uses which is birth year base. That way Little Johnny has to play against boys his own age / year of birth them mom and dad can have him repeat all the grades he wants to .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax smoked Crabs and only lost to Dukes barely in the summer with the best player injured. And they have the best goalie, attack men, in the country.

If by barely you mean losing by 5 in the finals of young guns, than yes Madlax barely lost to Dukes. FWIW, the Madlax goalie wouldn't have made Dukes and the goalies for Laxachusetts, Team 91 and the Express were more impressive than that kid. The amount of total BS uttered by insecure parents is staggering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Team 91 2019 and Rising Sons 2020 for winning the respected divisions at the Philadelphia Indoor Box Championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Team 91 2019 and Rising Sons 2020 for winning the respected divisions at the Philadelphia Indoor Box Championships.

I guess the 91 2020 team wasn't there to beat the 91 2019 team again this winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the 91 2020 team wasn't there to beat the 91 2019 team again this winter.

Uncalled for- both 91 teams are great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons played B lolollool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it uncalled for? 2020 beat 2019 a few weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
right they should have played with 2019AA teams, your right.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone concerned with the 3D administration & staff pushing for reclassification? Telling all us parents that we are putting our kids at a disadvantage? Was very taken back. I know it's done often but I thought it was not looked upon in a good way by professionals.

When and where did you hear 3d "pushing" for reclassification?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone concerned with the 3D administration & staff pushing for reclassification? Telling all us parents that we are putting our kids at a disadvantage? Was very taken back. I know it's done often but I thought it was not looked upon in a good way by professionals.

Not the original poster, but at the 3D camp in Fl, they came right out and said it to players and parents. Plus it's in their 3D Camp book, when is the best time to reclass as opposed to when it might be too late. They fully support reclassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding your son back in 8th grade for an advantage on the athletic field is a shameful act. Let the boy grow and mature. So he doesn't verbal to Duke in 9th grade...so what? If he's good enough, he will go where he wants.

Agreed. Is your son mentally challenged? Hold him back. Is he unable to standout on the field of play? Too bad. That's called natural selection. Learn to work harder, not cheat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 beat 2019 91 in box not field completely different thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 91 box team had one of the best players in NJ playing with them who is old enough to be 2018, so not completely fair to chest thump for beating 2019. Not a 91 parent, just providing info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The majority of people who bash holdbacks only do so BC they can't afford pvt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 91 box team had one of the best players in NJ playing with them who is old enough to be 2018, so not completely fair to chest thump for beating 2019. Not a 91 parent, just providing info.

And 91 Orange 2019 has a hanful of 2018 aged kids that play for them all the time.
So yes it's more than completely fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have the money,and have a boy with late birthday, i ask him what he thinks about reclassifying, he said they are all cheaters and people that don't want to work hard. spoiled little beep beep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The majority of people who bash holdbacks only do so BC they can't afford pvt

Or they are self made men who know challenging a boy will help forge a man of character. When these kids are faced with adversity in the future, how will they react. "Daddy, help me!!"

My son welcomes the challenge of playing against little babies who had to be held back to compete. I will not discourage him from letting them know what losers they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster, but at the 3D camp in Fl, they came right out and said it to players and parents. Plus it's in their 3D Camp book, when is the best time to reclass as opposed to when it might be too late. They fully support reclassing.

I too was there, what they said was if (yes if) a coach said to a player I have no spot for you as a 2017 (I'm picking a year) but I would if you were a 2018, it s then up to the player and parent to determine what s best.
On their website they address reclassifying (it's a reality lets face it) and what they state is when it would be best for players to do so.
They do not support it and are not against it, they are stating the facts.
Fact is, it's not illegal, it's not cheating, it is a reality, which many might not like, but it still happens.
Cheaters are those that put players who are not of a graduating class on a team and tell the parents when registering for tournaments to lie. See it all the time, it's an ugly reality of travel lacrosse and marketing. They want to win so they can sell you on their organization.
The number of reclassified players is not large enough to have the amount of conversation surrounding it.
What's next attacking parents who have the funds for private training or sport specific athletic training.
Our children need to learn that the world may not always be fair, and there is nothing they can do about it other then being hard working.
And, No, I am not a parent of a reclassified player, just someone who s realistic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If 2019 plays 2020 20 times 2019 wins 19 times so big mouth call our coach and set it up. We will play USBOXLA rules and you won't have a man up advantage for 6 minutes. We will bring a short bench and a guarantee we beat you on the scoreboard as well as mentally and physically. Remember when you respond that the score was 8-2 when the Refs felt bad for you guys and gave you a man up advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If 2019 plays 2020 20 times 2019 wins 19 times so big mouth call our coach and set it up. We will play USBOXLA rules and you won't have a man up advantage for 6 minutes. We will bring a short bench and a guarantee we beat you on the scoreboard as well as mentally and physically. Remember when you respond that the score was 8-2 when the Refs felt bad for you guys and gave you a man up advantage.

Am I right to understand the 91 box teams aren't really the same as their outside teams?

not sure where this venom is coming from, just thought the inside and outside teams were a bit different and the outdoor teams were quite friendly to each other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Am I right to understand the 91 box teams aren't really the same as their outside teams?

not sure where this venom is coming from, just thought the inside and outside teams were a bit different and the outdoor teams were quite friendly to each other

The teams are mostly the same, just not the whole roster and guest players for a tournament here and there. As for the teams being friendly, they are- kids have no issues and get along fine, the parents with big egos are the ones with the issues. Everyone needs to check their egos and tempers- it's a game, just a game one one single day. Many more games, tournaments and camps in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And 91 Orange 2019 has a hanful of 2018 aged kids that play for them all the time.
So yes it's more than completely fine.

That can't be. Only Philly and Baltimore use overaged players. The Long Island teams would never stoop to such levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are so confident 2019 91 Box has hold backs why don't you provide us with info or stop making blanket accusations. Again set it up and we will see who comes out on top. Shut up and put up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you people take this to the 91 thread and let the rest of the nut jobs start hating on another topic, thx in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you people take this to the 91 thread and let the rest of the nut jobs start hating on another topic, thx in advance

LOL, that thread has turned into a girls bitching site.

You do have to admit the 2020 2019 $ 2018 91 boys teams are some of the best teams. Wonder what would happen if they ever blended the teams to play for fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team looking for a defenseman in 2019 age ggroup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone believe in the Old Farmers Almanac?

It says stormy rain for the atlantic coast Mar 22-23. Just in time for the Shamrock Shootout.

The almanac has been very accurate this winter so far. Which is worse - Mud and rain or freezing snow?

Both dangerous for our boys.

They need to stay healthy for the summer.

Do you think they would postpone the event???????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed invites went out my son didn't make the cut but we have a great experience in Florida with the 3D Tryout. Well run and best coaching I've ever seen. Even got to speak to Mr. Reed him self a pure gentlemen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son didn't make Jake Reed either. But loved the clinic last month in Fla. Great coaching and he played some of his best lacrosse ever. Some of the strongest players we know didn't make the cut either. Must be some team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed invites went out my son didn't make the cut but we have a great experience in Florida with the 3D Tryout. Well run and best coaching I've ever seen. Even got to speak to Mr. Reed him self a pure gentlemen.

My sons also went and both were not advanced. I am curious to know, of the LI players who were down there, how many were invited on to attend Jake Reed. My sons spoke with friends who were down there at the same time and they were NOT advanced either.

There was so much talent there from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone believe in the Old Farmers Almanac?

It says stormy rain for the atlantic coast Mar 22-23. Just in time for the Shamrock Shootout.

The almanac has been very accurate this winter so far. Which is worse - Mud and rain or freezing snow?

Both dangerous for our boys.

Isn't the Shamrock the weekend of the 14th-15th?

They need to stay healthy for the summer.

Do you think they would postpone the event???????

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard