Originally Posted by Anonymous
In my opinion True Illinois 2023AA is too low at 6. These boys are all true 13U players, no regrades. What is fact and not opinion is that they beat Team 91 twice in one day at Naptown (while their coach lost his mind and acted like a giant d-bag.) Once in pool play with a thrilling comeback victory 7-6 scoring with 10 seconds left, and a slow death strangling of their zone defense, in the championship game winning 7-1. That team is ranked #1? True 2023AA beat L.I. Express in MA the weekend before. They destroyed Tri-State twice by double digit goals in two tournaments. Mad Dog West, they have never played, but our boys just beat Mustangs from TX at Sandstorm, for the Championship in 2023 there, and they mopped the floor with Mad Dog West in semifinal. Igloo, they haven't played. No opinion on their spot in the rankings. I realize there is no respect for Midwest lacrosse on the east coast, but these boys have stacked wins going undefeated all summer playing:

Annapolis Hawks--blasted them the first time, beat them by 4 at Naptown
Tri-State--blasted them both times
Brotherly Love--5-0 for the Championship
Bethesda--5 goal win
Team Carolina--5 goal win
L.I. Express--1 goal win
Team 91--1 goal win and a 6 goal win later that day for the Championship
Laxachussetts--1 goal win for the Championship

I forget the others, they played a friendly round robin against ACS/Crabs and L.I.E. in November. Beat ACS and L.I.E. and drubbed MD Wolfpack 2022 on day one, day two they lost to ACS and LIE. It was a weekend of great competition. They are going to the World Series in July...hopefully their game will speak for itself.

If it is the exact same team that played Naptown last summer, they will have a good run if they are all age eligible...but keep in mind that some of the the teams you reference above have different WSYL teams

There is no way Ture doesn't have holdbacks. They had kids with more hair on their legs than most men. Unless the kids hit puberty in 5th grade they have a few kids that will not be at WSYL.

That said they are well coached but without the big middie and the one that hit puberty at 8 years-old they are not beating Team 91.

There's no way it's the exact same team, and I have friends who play for True and know how they operate. Our 2023 former teammate played as a 2024 for Naptown.