@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 6th Grade Boys (2030 Grads) for the Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Season.
Went to North east select tryout Saturday….
Prob 50 kids
Mostly igloo legacy S2S.
Then Jesters Rebels Moose lax and few random helmets
5 goalies
S2S Goalie was good

Lots of good talent was there mix of clubs

Saw moose lax and Jesters had some good kid

Being run by igloo legacy insure they made up most of team
What is the NE Select ? New tournament ?
National Team for igloo and legacy kids. Money grab
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Another pay to play team. Silly dads posting my son made the team lol
A

My friends son was there ,
Paid $75 and at the end they asked back for the pinnies!

Who asks back for pinnies after kids sweat in them ??
A

My friends son was there ,
Paid $75 and at the end they asked back for the pinnies!

Who asks back for pinnies after kids sweat in them ??

Stop!?
Rebels team pulled out of Columbus Day tournament??!

Any word ???
Heard tough time fielding team

Kids left
Rebels run a great program. Cant imagine they cant field a team
Okay Mike!
Columbus Day lineup is competitive
Team 91, Legacy, igloo, dukes, primetime. Solid start to the season for those programs not shying away from competition.
Both 91 teams in same bracket. Also, where is express? Agreed - looks like a solid lineup of teams.
Both 91 teams in same bracket. Also, where is express? Agreed - looks like a solid lineup of teams.

Like to see how the lions holdup

Can see right away where they stand
Where is Express? Will the Cyclones actually play the Lions? Lions goalie went to Express so they may find themselves outclassed without a goalie. Good to see teams challenging themselves out of the A brackets to AA.
We lost to the lions twice last season in tournament finals. They were good however without major improvement in my opinion they are no match for cyclones or the admirals.
We lost to the lions twice last season in tournament finals. They were good however without major improvement in my opinion they are no match for cyclones or the admirals.

They lost 3 starters including goalie
And not adding anyone of caliber

Prob with being a B team tough to draw kids to a B team even with a good coach
Looks like legacy was given an easy march to the finals on Mondays Columbus Day tournament
Looks like legacy was given an easy march to the finals on Mondays Columbus Day tournament
They did that with all their age brackets bunch of P T
Really? I seem to recall Duke’s Elite 2030 beating Legacy over the summer…quite easily actually.
Unless dukes elite 2029 has become dukes elite 2030, which is a strong possibility, they never beat legacy.
NAL, June - BLC won. Duke’s beat Legacy. You and your boy must’ve missed it.
100% fact, watched w my son.
There were some cheap shots thrown by the Legacy players at the end too, Legacy coach handled it well.
100% fact, watched w my son.
There were some cheap shots thrown by the Legacy players at the end too, Legacy coach handled it well.

Shockingly, no one cares. Literally no one but you.
Typical FLID response
You jumped on a youth sports forum and took the time to respond “no one cares”…clown show, bro
I was there as well and SHOCKINGLY, I care! The kid w the dirty hit was the coach’s son, hence, why the coach reamed him out and made him apologize.
Guess those kids aren’t used it leaving the island and playing real teams.
As a coach, I respect that those Dukes families are traveling up to Columbus day. Great competition, and thats what I want to see.
Agreed. Not easy traveling to LI to play some of the best in youth lax! Good luck to all
What happened to the Rebels Aces?
Fell apart like every other Rebel team.
Fell apart like every other Rebel team.

What a mess they promise the world then falls apart
They were supposed to play in the Columbus Day Tourney but backed out, feared being exposed ?
They are in Tri star prob bring in older kids
Congrats to Legacy! They beat Cyclones 8-7 at Columbus Dat tourney in Central Islip and beat Igloo Black Ice 6-3 at the Fall Jam in Farmingdale. They clearly are the best team on Long Island right now!
Good team, well coached, fun to watch
Congrats to Legacy! They beat Cyclones 8-7 at Columbus Dat tourney in Central Islip and beat Igloo Black Ice 6-3 at the Fall Jam in Farmingdale. They clearly are the best team on Long Island right now!

This sounds like an advertisement 😂 Plays a game or two in the fall and declares to be the best
Legacy 2030 greatest team ever assembled? Looks like it…
Legacy is awesome. Great culture and awesome team. Number 1 forever.
Legacy is awesome. Great culture and awesome team. Number 1 forever.

I do agree, as somebody who never was a part of Legacy, that they are a great organization and produce many college recruits. That is a fact. However, the bigger clubs just attract better players and not from LI l, everywhere. So don’t worry about #1, be happy that you’re part a great culture and trust the process.
I think the previous post was an attempt at sarcasm. Legacy has one of the worst cultures and sets of parents in the country. This team is decent, strong coach, but has no depth. They play stall ball and run the clock down. This style won’t play well as they move south and face real teams. Hopefully we’ll see what they can do at the NAL. Not expecting much.
Travel South? Lololol
Outside of NextLevel, the top 2030 teams are in NY/LI/PA #facts
NL will be waiting at NAL. Could be double digits
Travel South? Lololol
Outside of NextLevel, the top 2030 teams are in NY/LI/PA #facts
Clippers are taking over.
What happened to next level at NAL’s?
The anticipation is killing me! Let it out, weirdo
It’s a question weirdo….asking because someone on the board said they were going to be there.
Who cares. NL can’t compete with legacy.
NAL is on 11/11. Couple weeks away. We will know more then. Legacy should give them a game.
Looks like rebels aces still has a team ????

Beat 2way and shore

But lose to Jesters
Rebels are a solid team. Good Fogo and attack..
2way Carolina is the B team and so is S2S. Not really sure rebels proved anything this weekend other than they have been relegated to the B bracket for life.
Rebels had a short bench which leads to a lot of playing time. 2 and 1 on the day, not a bad showing. B team for life is a dense comment..
2Way Carolina had 5-6 of their AA players on the team at TriStar. Apparently the 2Way AA team dropped out last minute because they didn't have the numbers so they allowed those players available to play for the Carolina team.
Rebels never leave the island; all talk. Director is a total dweeb
2way Carolina is the B team and so is S2S. Not really sure rebels proved anything this weekend other than they have been relegated to the B bracket for life.

it was Shore AA stingers

don’t report false facts

it was Shore AA stingers

don’t report false facts
Doesn’t mean they are a true AA team also playing in a B bracket
Shore guy missed the point, S2S is a B team even if they write AA next to their name. One of the worst 30 teams on the island. 2way Carolina is also a B team, and it doesnt matter if they brought a few of their A team players, they still [Censored]. Rebels only proved they cant play in A or AA brackets. Time to fold your Aces.
Stingers have beaten AA teams and are in the Aa
Tournaments. And a great organization
Not sure what team you are on

Maybe express schwarlje who brought down
Kids to tri star who weren’t even on the team !
Who played for another team !!!
The classic AA, A debate lol.
Give it a rest, Stingrays lost to rebels and then beat 2 b teams, barely. Let’s be real, S2S is a second tier team, they havent beat anyone of relevance. Express didnt bring kids down, they are just better.
No debate, stingrays are a B team
I have to agree, as I’ve seen them play multiple times; S2S just don’t strong. Credit to them for playing in tougher brackets, they just don’t have the talent
Stingers have beaten AA teams and are in the Aa
Tournaments. And a great organization
Not sure what team you are on

Maybe express schwarlje who brought down
Kids to tri star who weren’t even on the team !
Who played for another team !!!

False.
In looking at all the comments it seems then that there are only 3 AA teams then -

Legacy, Cyclones, Igloo Black Ice.

Express S along with many others have yet to beat the above so does that mean they are not a AA team also?

Still good lacrosse played by some of the A/B teams (however you think of it) but in watching all these teams it's clear the above teams' athletic talent is a notch above.
One of the middy scoring goals is not on the team
Pure fact

He was There just for the tournament…..

Not a good look for express
All the games were close games ….
That’s what you want!
AA or A doesn’t mean much unless your AA beating A teams by 15 goals
You want good training and that your kid is seeing field time
Losing 4 games by 1 goal is much more appealing then beating checkmate by 12 goals

Nobody will Remember who the top teams is 5 years from now
Stingray parents have to relax. They are a glorified B team. And as others have stated, who cares, just enjoy your kid. But please don’t come on here making accusations about express or kids, that’s a bad look. The Stingrays will never beat Express. It will never happen. So please stop worrying about Express and just enjoy close games with like teams; Rebels Jesters Igloo B recon 91 Lions etc. Own your teams ability and know your place.
He plays college, I think it’s Duke!
Pure fact

Pure fact

Pure fact

Every boy who was at Tristar is on that team. But thanks for thinking you know things you do not.

They also only Lost by one goal to Black Ice at Tristar. They were also missing 3 players and 1 goalie.
They were missing 3 players and a goalie.. Excuses Excuses..How about you lost to a better team.
Lot of excuses for the stingrays
…..and so it begins. Have older boys playing lax as well as a 2030. It gets worse going forward. Playing older kids, kids from the AA/AAA. (Yes I typed AAA…ego’s?) kids jumping teams (most likely to express or 91 bc they are the brands that seem to dominate li lax) it will lead to flying kids in from other states to play. Kids being offered scholarships. I’ve learned it’s about the team you are playing for keeping their brand at the highest level they can at whatever cost. And brands that are clawing to stay in the game. (My sons were not cut, yet watched many that were. Just to point out that I’m not a bitter parent who got cut from a top team)
I’ve learned it’s about my sons’ playing time, coaching, development. The last sentence is truly what matters… because once the boys hit high school, they can shine on their own….if they have the talent.
Enjoy the journey. If your child will eventually be a D1 they will show that. If you’re happy that your kid is playing an awesome sport, then just enjoy the journey, try to keep an amazing parent culture, smile, laugh, enjoy the tent time, and let the kids enjoy the experience of having a “team culture” . What will be will be.
Most importantly… don’t be an Meany0le on the sideline. It’s still youth lacrosse.
NAL - any idea how they split Blue and Red bracket? Assuming dads in Red will say Red is better and those in Blue will say Blue is better, but does anyone have any real insight?
NAL - any idea how they split Blue and Red bracket? Assuming dads in Red will say Red is better and those in Blue will say Blue is better, but does anyone have any real insight?

Why are Rebels not at NAL?
Rebels dont have a team in this age group, Aces folded. Legacy top LI team at NAL, so their bracket is better. Shame they arent playing NL.
The rebels still have the aces. I do not think they are allowed to play NAL. They may not be a member.
Rebels dont have a team in this age group, Aces folded. Legacy top LI team at NAL, so their bracket is better. Shame they arent playing NL.

Rebels have 4 teams at this age group...
if they have 4 teams

owner should be arrested for stealing money !!!
Will BBL black be their national team? They did that recently
BBL loves to mix and match. Not sure there are many that don’t. Don’t expect to see many teams with matching helmets.
The rebels still have the aces. I do not think they are allowed to play NAL. They may not be a member.

Can confirm they have Aces - they played at Mercer this past weekend also brought up a 31 lol to play with them from their AA team guess they needed the help but got the chip!
That NJ tournament Rebels-Aces played in offered some really weak competition. I know they were never big on competing off the island but I guess that’s where they are as a program.

Rebels older 2025 are there so that can’t be it
Here’s the answer: they are afraid. Rebels Aces are not good anymore.
How about them Stingrays! Thanks for going 0-3 against bad teams! Case closed, you [Censored]
How about them Stingrays! Thanks for going 0-3 against bad teams! Case closed, you [Censored]

How about them admirals getting to march to the semifinals because they got to play them stingrays first game in the NAL
Quick update. Stingrays tied BBL so they were 0-2-1.
Another update: Sweetlax Florida won the Saturday Red Division, and the Sunday bracket going 6-0-1. Beat Long Island Express (6-3), Thunder Blue (10-6), Legacy Admirals (8-6), tied MadDog Nationals (4-4), beat Prime Time (4-3), beat Dawgs Lacrosse (6-4) and finished Sunday beating MadLax Capital 6-2 for the Sunday Championship…..

Great weekend of lacrosse….
No way. They must have been cheating with older players, obvious sarcasm.
Sweetlax is a joke! Players moving from field to field age group to age group all weekend. Time to crack the whip on these cheaters. You cant get caught and then come on here and brag, losers
Who caught Sweetlax doing this ? Obviously the tournament directors did not catch them..
Always someone that wants to cry cheating take your L and get better! Win and Lose with dignity!
Whining Long Island parents! Sweetlax isn’t cheating. Just like when a parent said the Navy team had a bunch of reclasses. Unsurprisingly the Long Island teams have been struggling since the age verification process started this fall. We will see all summer who are the cheaters and I guarantee it won’t be Sweetlax! Florida has some of the best Midfielders in the country and before anyone asks my kid doesn’t play for them. One thing I can say is that outside of Express Long Island parents are the worst hands down!
Sweetlax are cheaters. Parents were introducing themselves on the sidelines. Nice to meet you, my son is number …. I would understand if that was the first game as SL is more of a National team but this was during game 4 vs ML. Embarrassing
Wow this thread got detailed on the fake cheating rumors. Any good teams going to Club Nationals
Rhino and 3D National will be there. Sports Engine (Tourney App) has the tournament up but doesn't have any teams showing.
11 teams in 2030 Division. Teams show if you look on the Sports Engine on a computer

3D National
Caroilna Minor Yellow (NC)
Mad Dog National Black
Northeast Select
Red Hots National
Rhino ATL
Supreme Nationals
Sweetlax Navy
Team 91 National Stars
UNRL Nationals
West Coast Starz
Isn't this tournament run by Madlax. Surprised to see none of their teams participating.
Isn't this tournament run by Madlax. Surprised to see none of their teams participating.

Supreme Nationals = Madlax
What are the travel costs like for this florida tournament over a holiday break?
Money is no object in the world of lacrosse
Eating some humble pie but we’ll get 91 in the championship when we pull some of our guys back from the 29s
Eating some humble pie but we’ll get 91 in the championship when we pull some of our guys back from the 29s

meaning what??
Who is “we” you are referring to? Provide some context, spanky
SweetLax always brings in some “ringers” and possibly older players for championship games like at NLF last summer, and Naptown.
Who is “we” you are referring to? Provide some context, spanky

This is def a national argument between 91 and northeast Lmaoo

Paid 4k to travel to FL to play LI kids
Spanky was spot on We brought in our 29s and slammed 91 in the championship Back on top!
Beat 91 in the final as predicted above Few ringers def helps Better luck next year 91
Any proof to the allegations? You don’t have any, because it didn’t happen, nor did it happen this summer. We will take the allegations as a compliment. See you in the summer
These rankings are a joke
Totally scaled toward 91

Cyclones lost to legacy but still ahead of them

Lions had 2 wins one against a
30/31 team and they ranked 31

These rankings don’t hold the weight they use to
These rankings are a joke
Totally scaled toward 91

Cyclones lost to legacy but still ahead of them

Lions had 2 wins one against a
30/31 team and they ranked 31

These rankings don’t hold the weight they use to

The rankings don’t work that well until there is a large body of work. Wait till July then look.
Rankings don’t mean anything, who cares. With that said, Cyclones regardless of losing one game to Legacy are the better team.
Better team when the ball runs through 2 players
Right attack and coaches son at x
And have prob best FOGO but that will change with the new rules

I’m sticking with Legacy being all around better team
Gonna disagree, 91 def has more talent across the board, legacy has a few very strong players but their coaching is what wins those close games. As they get older legacy will struggle as those studs will have a harder time doing it themselves. 91 plays as a team, legacy just holds the ball and drowns the clock
I agree w the 91 over Legacy argument. And 100% they hold the ball and lull you into mistakes. That’s good coaching. Talent-wise though? 91 has it across most positions, Legacy not so much
These rankings are a joke they keep updating them in winter
With the national teams what a waste can’t have them in it
91 gets ranked high ???
Rebels are a a mess and ranked high
91 Lions b team played a 30/31 team and his ranked pretty high
Agree rankings are a joke because of National team inclusion. 91 should be 1 or 2 based on games played. They have played BLC to close games and will do the same with NL. SL cheats, national team, kids from all over the country and of the 2029 grad year. Legacy deserves to be in top 3-4 and Dukes should round out the 5. Outside of that there is nothing of merit. NAL in June will be the determining factor of where teams really line up.
These rankings are a joke they keep updating them in winter
With the national teams what a waste can’t have them in it
91 gets ranked high ???
Rebels are a a mess and ranked high
91 Lions b team played a 30/31 team and his ranked pretty high

91 employee runs the rankings
I don't understand the sweetlax detest in here.

As a SL parent there is so much mutual respect when interacting with almost all of the teams we see at these events. Especially the Long Island families from the Legacy group & Mad Dog families. I can understand the dislike for the SL Navy thing to a degree, but when we went to NAL as separate teams from Florida & Upstate the teams still competed very well.

At this point there are not many surprises, almost all of the top players have played with and or against one another all over the place. Guesting on a team, PLL Jr.s, circuit or in the big events like Naptwon, NLF, NAL, Club Nationals etc.

Meeting many of these families again and again and knowing the great players that play for 91, Mad Dog, NE Select, Legacy, Dawgs, Madlax, Prime Time etc etc. That's literally the best part of doing all of this.

As far as the "cheating" thing. Feel free to ask about a specific player or two. Would be happy to clear the air for you with a birth-date.
This is the exact response I’d expect from a creepy SL parent. Bring your weird open-minded views to another forum. Gross!
This is the exact response I’d expect from a creepy SL parent. Bring your weird open-minded views to another forum. Gross!

It’s totally a mom or soft new-to-the-team dad
what teams are in spring season launch
legacy …
This will be a big year for kids moving ….few unhappy igloo kids and 91 ……..
Gong to be a long spring and summer if they are unhappy already..

Chasing the perfect happiness than doesn’t exist

Yup! Daddy Coaches start to catch up on the bigger programs. Kids will move to other teams and parents will start to "get it". If your kid is good it doesn't matter which team he plays for. If he is that good. .... You shouldn't be paying!!!!! I think I saw an IG post the other day that True Blue got two guys in the running for tewaaraton award.

It's easier then you think to create a AA team that will compete with all the other guys! The big clubs don't want you to believe it!
91 has no problems, great coaching, and great culture. Igloo def has issues with a coach, he was fired from the 32s.
Save your money and buy your kid a Dirt bike!
How many kids are on the rosters..
All kids sign up for these teams and go there and do nothing …. Score 1 goal when they are up by 10
Big contributors…. Those two teams have had the same main kids do all the work and scoring since they started
Good Training but you will never be a contributor
So what are the expectations for 6th grade coaching? Keep reading “dad” coaches. Do you want college coaches? HS coaches? Who do you expect to take on this thankless underpaid chore OTHER than a parent? What is your involvement? I mean yes, BOTC criticism is extremely important to the development of your Un athletic child, but who else will motivate your sloth of a child who has two left feet, is woefully undersized and pudgy with no hand eye coordination? Come on “daddy’s “ let’s hear it!
Dad coach here.. yikes.. lol that wasn’t nice.

I’ve had the most issues with parents of kids that have been behind (for various reasons) from a lacrosse development POV so there is some level of reality on the above though. I’ve posted on here previously and will state it again. If you think you can create a model where paid coaches are the standard (not the exception as they are today) in MS and below you just don’t understand the broad coaching landscape much.
What travel team are using dads as coaches. I realize some dads are not very good coaches but some are. I guess its the luck of the draw
S2S sending out emails still looking for a goalie ???
It’s march and still looking to add kids ??
Is this normal ?
Normal? No
Desperate? Most definitely
Think they’re looking for a whole new team
they fell apart…..
Rebels also
good kids are playing up whoever stayed
Yet they still have a B team
The Rebels did NOT fall apart. You must be that dissatisfied with your club that you need to bring down others. That team is getting coached and the athletes like each other. We do not have one issue on this team.
47 kids!
rebels still around ….
all better kids left
goalie fogo attack

still have 2 better kids but team not what it use to be
Yet they still have a B team

There’s a constant rebels hater on some of the threads. They have 4 teams on the island at the 2030 age group. The few “coup hoppers” that came and left the aces team, are now someone else’s problem.
who has 47 kids
Did Rebels best player leave for Legacy ?
Who’s the Rebels best player ???
I remember when the Aces were good and the director, I mean, a parent would proclaim dominance, offer to “play anyone, anywhere”…
Boy how times (and teams) have changed.
Rebels parents typically see the light by 5th-6th grade and move on to a better program. 31 team is decent, but once they lose their two best to 91 its over.
I remember when the Aces were good and the director, I mean, a parent would proclaim dominance, offer to “play anyone, anywhere”…
Boy how times (and teams) have changed.

That person was probably one of the few that left (Club hoppers). This group of parents is happy, kids getting better and coached by some of the best. St. Anthonys Varsity coach, Port Washington Varsity Coach and a Boston Univ alum. None with kids on the team. I'm sure they willl be tested this year playing in NAL twice, but thats how they will continue to get better.
If these high school and college coaches are soo good they aren’t spending most of their time with these club kids that just fact
Last comment is probably coming from a club jumper. Someone always a negative comment. Be happy for a bunch of kids that all get along and are getting better!!
Last comment is probably coming from a club jumper. Someone always a negative comment. Be happy for a bunch of kids that all get along and are getting better!!
Rebels detest comes from the director and team parents who came on here and declared dominance constantly. Now that mediocrity has shown itself, Rebels supporters have resorted to “they are happy kids, having fun”
What happened over there? Geez…
What’s the AA tier at this age? 91, Express, Legacy, Igloo, S2S, Rebels? Assume these teams consolidate all the top talent and then become 2/3 top teams going into 7th grade.

A/B tier True Blue, MooseLax, Jesters and each of the B teams of the clubs above? Would think this tier lose the top 2/3 kids on each teams to teams in the AA tier going into 7th grade.

True Blue seems to be getting great press recently on some of their alumni, MooseLax riding the wave of their 2029 team success. Jesters has a social media post every 20 minutes, hard to tell what’s happening there. Will see if these teams improve with bench players coming down from the teams above.
What’s the AA tier at this age? 91, Express, Legacy, Igloo, S2S, Rebels? Assume these teams consolidate all the top talent and then become 2/3 top teams going into 7th grade.

A/B tier True Blue, MooseLax, Jesters and each of the B teams of the clubs above? Would think this tier lose the top 2/3 kids on each teams to teams in the AA tier going into 7th grade.

True Blue seems to be getting great press recently on some of their alumni, MooseLax riding the wave of their 2029 team success. Jesters has a social media post every 20 minutes, hard to tell what’s happening there. Will see if these teams improve with bench players coming down from the teams above.

Turtles? They have improved so much. Deserve to be on the list.
All other club teams will always be below 91!
After last practice 52 kids!
MooseLax and Turtles prob in the A tier, then the others in the B tier. Will be a lot of movement this year. All of those A or B teams have a few players that play at the AA level, this is the year moves happen
Rebels have fallen off, 91 B and jesters both beat them
S2s slowly falling as well

I would put 91b / jesters and mooselax above those two

True blue is barely a B team , main kids left 2 years ago for igloo and jesters

30s has a lot of talent in the group good kids on every team
5 dad coaches on the team
Everything goes through one coaches son

Sounds like the team I want to be on
Legacy looked like a top 10 team today!!
LMfao arent there only 10 teams?
I would put mooslelax jesters 91 b above turtles and rebels

Those teams are struggling

Legacy had hard time in Maryland
Legacy got smoked by Next Level, 16-3…still top 10?
Legacy team is terrible!
Legacy is not terrible. False information. Jealous..
16-3 sounds terrible!!!
Reading this topic is horrendous- all insecure lost dads/directors spreading bad information about 11 year old lacrosse clubs. Use this forum to discuss tournaments and opportunities for young kids to get better. The individuals posting the negative bs are sad sad people. These same individuals are also easy to identify if you have been around them over the years. You know who you are and need to accept that you cannot change your own below average youth sports experience. Let them be kids because most likely you will be not be happy with how this plays out. Your kid will detest you for it years down the road. Wake up!
People who make fun of teams or call them soft or say they are terrible all have one thing in common. They have children who were either:
1. Cut from the team
2. Tried out and didn’t make the team.
3. Didn’t try out for the team because they won’t make it.
4. Have a personal vendetta against a coach or owner or parents from the team they are bashing.
These are undeniable truths.
Of the things I listed, 4 is the most pathetic. At least 1,2, and 3, I could sort of feel bad for them. They are just making excuses to try to make themselves and their children feel better about where they currently stand in this silly little world of travel lacrosse.
The above post was clearly written by a parent who was picked last in every sport or pick-up game Soft
Agreed. No one needs Dads coming on here and pontificating as to the fairness of anonymous comments…if you don’t like it, just ignore.
Get off your moral soapbox and hit the wall w your son
91 Cyclones 10 - 0 to Admirals…. What happened
The above post was clearly written by a parent who was picked last in every sport or pick-up game Soft

Ha! Just catching up on this.. is this the dad that wears club gear head to toe at tourneys? Watches every minute of Tuesday afternoon practices from park lot? It is isn’t it? U know who u are lol.. so good
Cyclones played very well. Legacy did not.
Wasn’t really a game. That being said.. it’s only March. A lot more lacrosse to be played.

Cyclones also easily beat next level 10-3 and dukes 9-4 the day before.
Wasn’t really a game …. But they never subbed defense or attack ….
Have to love the club rankings , need to win by 10
Playing time is not guaranteed.
Cyclones handled Next Level but did not beat Duke’s 9-4 and certainly wasn’t easy. Final was 6-4, with the Cyclones goalie making some incredible saves towards the end. Great day for 3 really good teams preparing for the season…
Nice try FLID
Playing time isn’t guaranteed , i agree
11-0 win you think the coaches would sub out starters

Lots of kids on the bench on cyclones
91 Cyclones 10 - 0 to Admirals…. What happened

Wonder if the admirals goalie dad is going to do a highlight reel with this game. lol
Sounds about right for cyclones they have all these kids on sidelines and don’t sub defense or attack
Just to win by 10.

Must be good for the kids who played 3 mins
Why throw FLID in at the end. Your sons team was outmanned, it happens.
Club rankings for 2030s is ridiculous, marketing machine with math that favors blowing teams out.
Rankings are ruining the game

Who cares who’s rank 1
When half the teams played less then 5 mins
All the offense came from 3 kids

It’s All a waste the wins losses
Should be makkng kids better
Shame on the parents who continue to support other kids playing lax while their son watches
Club rankings for 2030s is ridiculous, marketing machine with math that favors blowing teams out.

Isn't it a max of 10 on calculations? For example if a team wins by 15 I thought it defaults to 10 as a max amount of goal differential?
You get credit for 10 goals differential max, which maximizes the impact on the winning team’s rating.
If you are winning by 10
You are playing the wrong team….

It’s all about the bumper sticker for most,
That would be most on cyclones
NL parent here, great to see the banter between LI teams. Just based on recent experience, 91 sideline there were no issues. Legacy parents were complete lunatics, and thats across the board. Myself and a few others had to move 3 times as to just watch the game in peace. The yelling and constant insults to opposing players and their own for that matter was despicable. 91 game in PA was fun to watch as there were no loud mouths. Hoping Legacy improves for the NAL, otherwise we have no reason to play them.
I was at the Legacy NL game and didn’t notice any of this from the Legacy parents. The 91 “game” in PA was a scrimmage/play day with 91 and Dukes. Also, NL isn’t going to NAL. This seems like someone posing as a NL parent trying to stir the pot. These are all great teams and good luck to all.
91 parent looking for a tussle!
…or, maybe you are posing as an unbiased spectator, when in reality, you are a Legacy parent?
Legacy parents are they obnoxious, that’s a fact. At NAL last year, I’ve witnessed their boys take cheap shots in game they lost…doesn’t mean anything other than I believe the NL parent.
Rosters are out for the LILJ All 91 Games.
Rosters ???
It’s the whole cyclones team and legacy and a few
S2S

As an igloo parent not saying my son belongs on the team but definitely some black ice kids do
How do they choose these kids?
Where is the list ? Congratulations to all that made it.
very simple formula, play for 91 or Legacy! The rest aren't good enough
How do they choose these kids?

Tryouts. I am sure a significant portion of all other teams did not participate.
No tryouts, picked by coaches, as of now, this age group has only 3 teams included. Guessing more kids will be added.
There are no tryouts.

In the first year they send notices to coaches and coaches are supposed to pick a couple of kids. Some coaches don’t respond at all, and others give 10-15 names vs giving 3-5.

Additionally, if you have attended one of their events in the past you get an invite and “make the team”.

$350 a kid x 50 kids per grade x # of grades
Spring Lax Jam…..

Knew to this , sons Squirrel team is playing
Supreme Elite??

Are they from the island ?
I know jesters and legacy but never heard of Suprem elite
From a look at their IG account supreme_elite_lacrosse and the kids helmets, it seems to made of players from Rebels, 91 and Admirals.
So it’s a national team?

Seems odd for 91 kids to be on it when it’s a 91 tournament
I think it's more of a bunch of families that got together to enter tournaments when their own teams are not playing - As long as you have someone to coach and the money to enter. GIven it's a combo team of Admirals, Cyclones/91B, Rebels it will probabaly be pretty good. Most of those team won't play until the May Spring tourney.
Cyclones are in the 29 bracket, guessing Lions players and a mix of others.
So it’s a national team?

Seems odd for 91 kids to be on it when it’s a 91 tournament

Not a national team. A dad-created team to just play in more tournaments. Majority Lions kids with a few Cyclones.
No cyclones
It’s a 91 tournament and lions are not in it but their kids are paying $$$ to be in the tournament under a random team ???

Seems odd why pay 91 all the Tuition then
It’s a 91 tournament and lions are not in it but their kids are paying $$$ to be in the tournament under a random team ???

Seems odd why pay 91 all the Tuition then

Bc when you pay tuition for 91- you only get to play in the designated 5 tournaments they enter. Nothing more. B coach doesn’t even make the practices let alone more tournaments than listed. So parents take it into their own hands to enter more
91 best product and value on the street. Jealousy gets you.....a participation trophy
91 best product and value on the street. Jealousy gets you.....a participation trophy

If you’re actually playing. Otherwise your teammates earned the trophy for you but keep your magnet on mom’s car.
agreed if you are a starter it’s a good place to be
if you are one of the 9 middies
4/5 attack an
or the 5/6/7 pole its a waste
they only sub after up by 10
blame the club rankings for that

better off going somewhere else and really contributing unless you like the car magnet and t shirts better
Correct
All B teams in Spring Lax Jam? Where were AA and A teams this weekend?
Aren’t the Jesters Black a AA team ?

Aren’t the Jesters Black AA ? They were in a the tournament and lost to this team Supreme Elite.

Aren’t the Jesters Black AA ? They were in a the tournament and lost to this team Supreme Elite.

I don’t really consider them a true AA
Jesters beat Supreme Elite in pool play but lost to them in championship game.
Jesters played Legacy B, they won by a goal
My son turtles team played mavericks

Mavericks goalie played legit all day
Made ton of saves
Kudos for him
He’s the reason games was close other wise they got dominated by every team with time of possession

Can’t always go by box score

Watched the Supreme team , was curious who they were

They had a Bunch of Legacy admirals ( which was weird playing legacy B teams and only winning by 2!)

They had a few lions kid ( Strange again since it was a 91 tournament)

Rebels helmets as well looked like

Not a good look for legacy AA kids playing against A kids and winning by 2

And. Being a holiday weekend lots of teams Short players
RIght on Marericks goalie - played outstanding all day and kep them in games wihch otherisse would have been 5-6 goal losses. Supreme team seemed to sleepwalk through then tunred it on in the final game - Admiral kids took over mostly in that final game and goalie played better.
How many admirals on supreme I didn’t see any helmets. And only 2 91 helmets. They look looked good, not a lot of kids on the bench. Looked ok with good faceoff kid and goalie. Are they a real program?
How many admirals on supreme I didn’t see any helmets. And only 2 91 helmets. They look looked good, not a lot of kids on the bench. Looked ok with good faceoff kid and goalie. Are they a real program?

I have heard that the person that started the Supreme Elite team has a lot of connections and is considering making this a legit program. Also that was that teams first time playing together, I bet they can turn it on real quick.
Admirals kids did not wear their helmets - most were in the plain white ones and maybe a local PAL one here/there - maybe 4-5?
Exactly what LI needs, another average lacrosse team
Exactly what LI needs, another average lacrosse team
I wouldn't say that they would be average. Are you playing for one of those average teams ?
Holy C**p! Why is everyone so angry on this site. The point of travel lacrosse is to make the boys better. The overwhelming majority will not play D1, if the make the D1 team will never see the field. The majority will play D2 or D3 and got a smallish athletic scholarship. The majority of money for college will come as academic money. Let the kids have fun and get better
This parent’s kid is obviously struggling to make a team
This event is run by LILJ which is no better than a paid marketing firm for mediocre lacrosse players who like to see their names and pictures on the LILJ IG page....Anything run by LILJ for boys is a joke . The family who runs LILJ ran FLG boys club into the ground and now tries to make money with these "showcases" among other things for boys. They also are trying to do high school rankings now lol.....they know nothing about boys lacrosse on long island and are just fed information from a few coaches that they know in exchange for propping up some of the coaches boys and club teams (and making them IG "famous") . Complete joke and money grab .
Another tournament next week cyclones are in it but no lions
Are they paying the similar price ?
Comparing apples to oranges never works. Cyclones obviously want to get better and compete. Outside of maybe 1-2 Lions, the rest are there for a play date.
Another tournament next week cyclones are in it but no lions
Are they paying the similar price ?

I mean, tons of teams enter different tournaments. Parents also have no control over what tournaments the team enters. You can see the tournaments those teams are entered in on the website.
Lions coaches aren’t around till June when the season is pretty much over ….
good coaches just all coach multiple teams
And have other priorities training etc

That’s what you get from the B team
All focus goes on the cyclones

No great coach coached more then 1 team…
It’s too hard , never mind coaching multiple teams
Why is everyone so angry on this site. The point of travel lacrosse is to make the boys better. The overwhelming majority will not play D1, if the make the D1 team will never see the field. The majority will play D2 or D3 and got a smallish athletic scholarship. The majority of money for college will come as academic money. Let the kids have fun and get better
Thanks, Mother Theresa. The point of this site is for people to come on here and complain about what they think is wrong. Sounds like your kid is on the bottom half of a B team roster, and you are disgruntled that picking daisies between whistles is his favorite pastime. Outside of Rebel parents nobody on here thinks their kid is going D1 or getting money. We all enjoy watching our kids, but it's good to keep the competitive juices flowing among adults. Enjoy the bouquet your kid picked for Mother's Day.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum