Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo beats 91Orange 2021 10-2 and the goals Orange scored were in last 2 minutes of game. I know it's only Spring and 2021 does not matter

Not an Igloo parent here...they are hands down the best team in that age bracket. They are well coached and inspiring to watch.

AA telling himself how inspiring he is....classic

inspiring /ɪnˈspajɚrɪŋ/adjective

Webster's definition of INSPIRING

[more inspiring; most inspiring]

:causing people to want to do or create something or to lead better lives

■
an inspiring leader

■
His generosity is inspiring.

■
an inspiring [=inspirational] true story of one family's struggles to overcome poverty

Okay...that comment inspired me to write this:

'an inspiring true story of one team's struggle to overcome the haters like you'...how's that for word usage? I guess you missed the OR's in your posted definition...OR decided to pick one source to reference.

So grasp the concept that Igloo seems to have 'created something' (a great team & environment) that many would 'want to do'...and your just envious that they're happy while achieving success.

Also, can a team not be an inspiring leader or role model for other teams to look up to? Sure it can. Does your favorite college team or MLL not create any type of inspiration?

Yes...inspire...I guess once Merriam got involved, Merriam cleaned up Webster's definitions. Kind of like those nice people out there who love the sport and have to clean up after jerky people like you.

From Merriam-Webster:

in·spire
verb \in-ˈspī(-ə)r\

: to make (someone) want to do something : to give (someone) an idea about what to do or create

: to cause (something) to happen or be created

: to cause someone to have (a feeling or emotion)

Now, look up the word touché.

Obviously Igloo is the best team on Long Island at the this age group. But why is it always taken in the context that numbers 2-5 are bad. They are all very teams, filled tons of talented 11 year olds.

You really need to stop claiming to be a non igloo parent and then claim they inspire you. You want to pump up your team and your kid then do it, don't try to act like other parents are actually inspired by your team. We are not.