Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let me throw this question out there...This kid was ranked the #7 recruit in the country in his class by Inside Lacrosse and was the only Long Island player listed in the Top 25. Was this recognition based more on his high school or club experience?
Ranking had nothing to do with where this boy wound up - in fact probably the other way around - knowing that Duke was one of several in the picture helped his ranking. Most of these boys on the list were already committed (announced or not yet announced) to top tier programs before the list even came out which leads me to believe the joker who puts the list together is just following where the commitments have been or where they are expected to be. All about page views from you lemmings who love to follow that crap. Rankings are probably the worst thinkg that could have happened to this sport - both high school teams and individual players.

You having to be joking about the ranking thing!!! Do you honestly think these kids announce to the world whose interested in them???
Absolutley they do. Read the article that went along with the rankings. If the kid had not committed there was usually some blurb about which schools are still in the running for the kid's "services". Think the parents or coaches didn't plant that seed?

Obviously this is new to you. Kids don't go around saying who they have offers from BEFORE they accept - only after - hence the article you're referring to.

The "Joker" Ty Xanders is one of the most watched commentators in HS lax. Everyone cares what he says. He is at every recruiting venue evaluating players. If you didn't make the list, stop crying

Not physically possible. The year before I don't think any 2015 express players made it and that team was much better than the cudas.