Originally Posted by Anonymous
You keep saying these players are not owed anything but they should be entitled to fair and equal treatment. The petition that was sent to the NCAA I believe pointed out that the spring freshman D1 athletes were the only current NCAA athletes who were not granted another year of eligibility.

I’m not sure why you say “you keep saying “ ... there are multiple people in this discussion.

Also, I am not aware of the petition that you referred to.

In any event, Why would current spring sport athletes who are competing be granted an additional year. They have not lost their season. I guess if The NCAA views this spring as an abbreviated season and the want to grant the additional year that is up to the NCAA. But that situation is far different than a player being granted an additional year of eligibility because other players beat them out for playing time.

The petition is being spearheaded by Hasselback's mother. The father is on TV and has a voice so would I be surprised if it happened - No. The NCAA does not lways make common sense decisions.

I just don't know where this ends? If current freshmen are given an extra year, then why won't the next class deserve another year.. and then the one after that.... Every year we will have 5 classes of kids.

I agree, and her daughter is getting playing time. Her argument is that her daughter lost her senior year of HS. My daughter lost her junior year and is getting a half-assed senior year. Needs to end now, no more extra years.