Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have kids about 12 years apart. The first one started club in 6th grade and just played summer with maybe a local camp. The current one started in 1st grade, plays summers, plays fall, does privates and clinics and now is doing college camps and clinics. Its crazy the extra time and money required to have the same result as the first. And the scary thing is the lacrosse isn't noticeably better

I agree that it is hard to notice a difference over the years. But the lacrosse is in fact better. There is definitely an overall increase in the number of talented girls, but the girls are spread out over a much larger number of clubs. So the teams still look about the same, but I definitely see the difference when all that talent gets rounded up. For instance, the talent showing up at the college camps is miles deeper and the all star stuff like UA the talent depth is far superior than yesteryear. The top schools like Md and NC still get top girls and look only marginally better than years past. I also think that the game has also changed over the last 10-15 years, and that the top players now are much better (overall) than they used to be and the competition is greatly better in D1.