Originally Posted by Anonymous
CR is more powerful and richer than 90% of college coaches. She controls the largest club and the biggest tournament circuit. At her peak I think she had her hands in on 8 tournaments a year. My problem is its a double tax. She charges to play YJ's and then she charges full price to her teams to play in her tournaments and nobody has a choice. The lacrosse model is and remains broken. US Lax is a joke. The clubs run the college coaches and the sport

It is not a double tax. Her per team fee is comparable to the other major tournaments. She collects vs. another tournament sponsor, no more and no less. The YJ commitment and tournament fees are very reasonable to comparable clubs and less than most.

CR is more powerful and richer than 90% of college coaches. She controls the largest club and the biggest tournament circuit. At her peak I think she had her hands in on 8 tournaments a year. My problem is its a double tax. She charges to play YJ's and then she charges full price to her teams to play in her tournaments and nobody has a choice. The lacrosse model is and remains broken. US Lax is a joke. The clubs run the college coaches and the sport

not anymore, with the new recruiting rules the colleges are running camps/clinics all year round, raking in all sorts of cash and making the clubs much less relevant. If you want to get a good look that's the way to go, you can be the greatest player in the world and play on a team of ball hogs and never get noticed at a tournament, but that won't happen at a camp/clinic, for better or worse the college coaches get a real good look at you. Playing club ball before 7th-8th grade has now become nothing more than a reason for mom and dad to brag to friends and family, there is no value. Find Danowski or Starsia utube video where they say as much

But now the kids are locked in until 12th grade with the club since the verba'ls don't start until 11th. I know many didn't drop out before after they verballed in 8th, 9yh & 10th but now they have to stay because of verbal delay. The clubs didn't suffer one bit but now the college coaches are getting in on the money train with camps and clinics. Keeps getting more expensive.