Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couldn't it possibly be that you just don't like that club, and this is the talking point (the big bad holdbacks) that seems to stick with your base, at least on an anonymous forum? If you are going to make an argument that these kids are taking advantage during youth ball, because they don't want to play against kids their own age, you should probably pick a club that doesn't commit the entire squad to College ball every year. I mean, doesn't your theory essentially dissolve once they hit High School and keep achieving? Holdback or not, you have to play kids 2-3 years older in HS and College at some point. What is it that you are seeing, but HS coaches and College recruiters are missing? It can't just be your disdain for the club that they are missing, because that wouldn't fit your agenda. They must all be holdback sympathizers, and the entire NCAA lax circuit is really led by a nefarious lax overlord, bent on beating up little kids.

SPOT ON! Well said. The poster obviously has true animus for Crabs and this is the only avenue of attack he can muster. As stated previously, if you would like for your son to receive outstanding training and to be positioned to play at a great college, Crabs is second to none in Maryland.[/quote]

So you are ok with certain children 8th grade and less having an advantage in youth while others dont get it?? And your reasoning is that in High School, all will even out due to going against 2-3 years older players ?

So why do we need to give certain children an advantage then in youth?? Since they will be on a grade based HS team and go to college anyway ?? LOL.. Hilarious! Do any of you have any reasoning that is actually thought out and makes sense. The reason you dont is that there are not any valid reasons. If there were all youth sports would be grade base and let select kids play down.

These constant excuses are just a way for you to justify letting select children get an advantage others dont at a youth level.
And your lame I dont like the Crabs is just that. Lame. I think lacrosse is becoming something it shouldnt be with grade base and no age limit in youth. My son played on the Crabs years ago when they were age. On the youth level he got cut three years and made it last year. Very little said by me or anyone at the tryouts that was cut. It seemed fair . If he would have been a year older than most of others he would have easily made the team every year.