Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why should the bottom girls be nervous ? According to everyone YJ sucks. Make up your [lacrosse] minds . If a kid in any team is a ship jumper , then who needs them . I played high level collegiate sports unlike most of you weekend warriors and you can never rely on weak ego driven people. There is always a reason to leave a team , whether it be a coach, parents, lack of talent etc. Good players make the kids around them better and not the other way around . There are 3 to 4 legit teams on LI. Pick one and make them better . Don't wait for another team to do all the hard work and then jump on their bandwagon . Work harder and play hard. Sometimes you eat the lion and sometimes it eats you. Good luck to all the kids this fall and maybe all stay healthy .

There are quite a few very good players on the YJ blue team that barely get any playing time, a couple have left. There are also girls who have been promoted up, but "jumped ship", and I hear are very happy. I would expect more of the same this year after another season of the team as a whole getting worse, not better. It
s not about working harder when the coach plays favorites and is clearly not in control of the team. Sometimes a new team where you are appreciated and valued can make all the difference. Especially at this age. Luckily now LI has several great options other than YJ. Now, some girls that may be at the bottom of the pecking order on teams like TG and Igloo may get bumped, but that's life. Good luck to all the girls and families doing what feels right.