Originally Posted by Anonymous
So let me get this correct if one team happens to beat the other at one particular event that makes them "the best". Who cares its about KIDS playing and learning and developing skills. These teams could all go out and play each other and win and loose on any given day.

It's a TOURNAMENT! Emphasizing on Long Island and NY teams. Let's call it the LI Cup. If you don't want to play that's fine. It's a suggestion for a format. Why do they have champions at the end of tournaments? LI teams always dodge each other. It's not a death match just a freaking tournament. I won't ask who your child plays for but do they play on a travel team. If yes why? Do you accept the shirt or award they give at the end or give it back if your team wins a tournament. Why do they keep score? All games could end in a tie and everyone get medals. This isn't developmental. We are talking about the lacrosse hot bed of the country that has the most competitive club team field in the country. That's why I am SUGGESTING this type of tournament.

read this again now hear ever so faintly in the background:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword: His truth is marching on.
(Chorus) Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.

Ahhh a literary genious. Now thats good. Howe in the world did you figure that one out. Hope you get it for i believe you also picked up on my reference to Swift in my previous reply. This is fun. Alex M

I am all for a tournament. As long as at the end of it, we all get a breif moment to lick our wounds and/or pound our chest then go about letting the boys become closer (regardless of teams).

I believe Dune Dawgs threw it out to the 2019 teams a few weeks back.