Originally Posted by Anonymous
2019 too. Seems like a pattern here.

Are you talking about 2019 Top Guns? I can assure you that nobody was moved to LA after being committed

2018 TG has a girl going to Stony Brook. When she commited, she was on Purple. She was moved to Black after she commited to make it look good.

I think it would actually make the club look better if more purple players were to commit to top 25 teams, but I don't think that they're smart enough to realize that

Quantity of commits always goes to YJ's hands down but after the top handful of girls, most girls are going to schools that anyone can play at

That comment is so short sighted. You seem to be under the assumption that every girl wants to play D1. The smart girls find a school that has a major that they are interested in, has a reputable school for that department, checks the flexibility of the lax program with it's players to see if they will allow for outside requirements, and ensures they are a good fit with the schedule and coach. There are a ton of crappy D1 programs out there and too many girls are going to them just so they can say they are D1. Many of these programs own these girls and restrict the majors they can declare; hence, that is why 90% of women's lacrosse players at top programs have undeclared majors.

Is that what you want from your daughter? To come out of school having very few employment options other than travel lacrosse coach? At least you can tell everyone that she plays D!, right? Good luck with that. My daughter received multiple D1 offers, but she went with a top D2 program that fit her post-collegiate needs. Does that make her any less of an athlete? Nope. It makes her smarter than most.