Originally Posted by Anonymous
This talk about the YJ being the best club is laughable. The best club is Stars/Capital. Stars was in the previous two championship games with teams comprised solely of rising freshmen, unlike the YJ jackets who had rising SOPHOMORES.

Stars only goes to 8th grade, and then most of those girls go to Capital. If Capital had sent their 2015, they would have smoked everyone.

Let's be honest, Stars are rarely if ever mentioned in discussions about the "Best Clubs".

On this board, because it is biased towards LI teams. Stars/Capital is one of the best programs out there every year. And they don't have any thugs.

So, take away the whole NY/LI bias. I don't think Stars/Capital would be top 3 in Maryland.

You're the one who originally Stars/Capital "the best club" though, you seem to have already discounted them to "one of the best".

Stars/Capital are DC/VA kids - not MD.
I must interject, when I first started on B.O.T.C. it was a site for people to discuss long Island lacrosse and I remember reading that someplace on the site. I know that through the regular course of events teams from other states get mentioned, but in my mind this in no way changes the purpose of the board witch is to discuss Long Island Lacrosse. It is not slanted towards Long Island, It was made for Long Island. I for one, will be happy to discuss other teams from other states, and enjoy and welcome seeing posts from parents from other states, but please don't confuse the intent of the blog. Quite frankly if there is any bias in media outlets that were supposed to be entire lacrosse community it is defiantly slanted twards the Maryland, D.C. area in Lacrosse Mag. They are very pro Maryland because it is published in Baltimore. Inside Lacrosse should be called Inside Male Lacrosse because they barely mention the girls game at all. So to sum up my opinion, Sage please dont expand the site to include Maryland and D.C. lets keep this one just for us Islanders.