Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok, I'll start by saying I'm not a Maryland or NY parent. Following the MD Terps 2018 tourney and the Crabs 2018 team took the title. Congrats.

Can anyone explain to me how Sweetlax with 10, count them 10, D1 early verbals gets man handled by the Crabs not once but twice 7-2 (pool play) and 7-4 (title). I know the Crabs are a great team, but everyone billed these Sweetlax players as the greatest on the planet.

Curious how full starting lineup of Hop, UVA, Cuse commits can't hang with the Crabs.

Because Sweetlax has decided to make a defacto National team where guys from hundreds of miles away are part of the "team". But those guys don't attend every tournament, so Sweetlax looks a lot different when it's just their core team from NY.

In other words, the 10 D1 commits they have is a smokescreen. Most of those guys are mercenaries who have only played a handful of times with Sweetlax. Some have only played once with Sweetlax.

I imagine the Sweetlax team that played this weekend didn't have those mercenaries with them. Don't get me wrong - they are a very good club. But their D1 commit list is completely skewed by guys who aren't really playing for them.