Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good to see there is lots of love being shown in YJ land
Wake up, the U15 tournament is a joke. Most of the top teams not even going. Hav e fun competing against yourselves.

Okay then which tournament has all the best teams going. US lacrosse does a nice job trying to hold a competitive tournament with pool play that matters into a seeded tournament . Some of the so called better clubs do not go using varying pathetic reasons when everyone knows that the age based tournament levels the playing field and they do not want to be embarrassed.
The " better clubs" don't go because it's not a recruiting event and has no college coaches attending, thais the whole reason for playing club to begin with. The only clubs that care are the ones from areas where lacrosse is just emerging, and Long Island where parents care about bragging rights. my daughter competed in it a few years ago, it's a cute little tourney with no real value as far as recruiting, or as far as determining a real national champ. without the major Mid-Atlantic clubs attending it's meaningless.

Completely disagree , first if all the best clubs went there would be more college coaches. If being recruited is the only reason your kid plays club lacrosse that is a sad statement. My kid plays because she likes playing, because she likes hanging out with her friends on the team, to learn and play in competitive games, to have fun and on and on and if it helps her get into a school the n even better. Keep using the same old excuses but I guess your kid only plays in recruiting tournaments then and not school ball or local tournaments or a winter league . We here on Long Island get it may be difficult for you MId Atlantic studs to compete when you have to play age appropriate.
It's your prerogative to disagree, but I don't think you know much about recruiting, and nothing about my daughter. most coaches have attended the I.W.L.C.A. events, camps, clinics, and of course just finished there seasons, and would like to go home and see there family for the last month of the summer before having to start up fall ball in late August, so the U-15 is never going to become a big deal unless they move the date. My daughter loves lacrosse more than life. She has been playing since the 3rd grade in P.A.L. Travel since the 6th grade, summer ball after travel, fall ball, then winter, clinics and camps both on Long Island and off of it. Varsity starter since freshman year. She volunteer coaches both teams and individuals. I think if your spending about $3,000.00 a year for your daughter to hang out with her friends and "learn" the game of lacrosse i think that A. you're daughter isn't that good and she's playing on one of those 5th or 6th elite Y.J. teams,or B. you're trying to lie to everyone, including yourself, about how much you want to brag about being a U-15 champ mom.