Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Honest question as we are new to this. If you go to the Yellow Jacket alumni tab on their website, it says almost 65-75 kids have committed in each of the last three years. Does that mean almost every single kid is playing in the college listed or at the very end they just list the college the girls are attending. The list kind of implies that no kid chooses not to play in college and that everyone from the 3rd team is playing in college? Would love to know what percent of the 75 actually are on college teams and what percent got money. It is a very impressive number of girls

I posted the following in July of 2014 and I will follow up after each season. This is based on the 2013 YJ Class. I can't help you with your money question but this will help regarding the playing question. Hope it helps.

*****From July 2014 Post*****

I'm picking this thread to list the following because it is the 2014 Spring girls and there has been some discussion about age, playing time, etc.

The following is a breakdown of the Class of 2013 YJ commits and their playing time in their first year of playing college lacrosse. The list was 66 girls (from the website) of all YJ teams across all college divisions. (Disclaimer--I was a YJ parent and my daughter is not represented by this group. I read the YJ thread and things seemed nicer back in the day).

I broke it down as follows: (Strictly by games played)

1) "Impact" player played most games
2) "Played" is about 50% of games with statistical contribution
3) "Not Significant" played in a handful of games with little statistical contribution
4) "Did Not Play"--self explanatory but injury or transfer a possibility

45% of the 2013 commits were "Impact" players
11% of the 2013 commits "Played"
36% of the 2013 commits were "Not Significant"
8% "Did Not Play"

Just food for thought. If I can remember I'll try to follow this class to 2017.

the reeal question is are they still there in 2016 & 2017?