Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do yellow jacket coaches have a choice of where they want their teams to train in winter or does the club tell them where to go and when? Do all teams train or do only the motivated coaches do it. New to this, thanks

Only the Blue teams train together over the winter in the younger grades. The 2021 practices on Saturdays and they are going to do some agility and strength training together on Thursday Nights. But no other girls from that age are allowed to participate in either activity.

So if you are not on Blue chances are you will not be coached until Spring and you will only get 10 practices. But there are some optional clinics you can pay for. Go to the YJ site and look up clinics.

Not entirely true either.. my daughter plays on a (Gold) 2nd team, and her coach has arranged for training at an indoor facility. It’s not a state of the art facility, (not free either), but it’s a good chance for the girls to get together and work on stick work, partner passing & wall ball. Most motivated coaches are probably getting together to practice in some way. The unfortunate thing is, if your stuck on a team with an unmotivated coach you can’t do much about it. But as was said above there is (or was) some club sponsored clinics open to all that were available. I can’t comment on quality of those as I haven’t attended any.

That is good to hear. I assume you are probably a team who is a little older as the 2nd teams of 2021,2022 and 2023 don't have that as their coaches are college students. The 2021 gold team is on their 3rd different head coach, so I don't have high expectations (though last year when we had an established coach, things were not very good).