BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 190 of 327 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susan, most of these morons come on here and brag about how they are on the number one team in the country and how unbeatable they are. This past weekend at Primetime and The Rivalry were showcases...we all saw the college coaches there. Hopefully each and every girl on a roster played close to 50% of the time. These coaches are looking for some individual talent...a college coach may see a defensemen shut down a strong attackman but that team may still score during that possession. Do you really think they care who wins the game?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susan, 99% of the comments on this thread are by the SAME people, less than 10% of the YJ community, and probably from the same age group...certainly majority do NOT air laundry on this site. Unfortunately, those few make us all look like idiots. My daughter is a 2018 Blue player, we DONT feel this way... our girls socialize with yours at these tourneys, right after our games. We love playing M & D and other top teams, great competition, win or loose its always a great game. We enjoyed both days of play this past weekend at the showcase, hope you did as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Susan, 99% of the comments on this thread are by the SAME people, less than 10% of the YJ community, and probably from the same age group...certainly majority do NOT air laundry on this site. Unfortunately, those few make us all look like idiots. My daughter is a 2018 Blue player, we DONT feel this way... our girls socialize with yours at these tourneys, right after our games. We love playing M & D and other top teams, great competition, win or loose its always a great game. We enjoyed both days of play this past weekend at the showcase, hope you did as well.

Oh Yeah 17 MILLION page views on this thread and its just a few crazies... give me a break!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Really? 99% from the same person(s)? Do you have access to the sever logs? Susan, who ever you are....these posts are from more people than hair I had on my head when I was 15.....as the poster above said, 17 million plus from the same person(s) is totally non-sensical and I have the raw data to back up my statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then as always, move on to another club if you are that miserable.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice job by the YJ's scheduling games to start at 4:55 at Prime time. Really good planning with only one field with lights and the sun had already set.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice job by the YJ's scheduling games to start at 4:55 at Prime time. Really good planning with only one field with lights and the sun had already set.

Sunset Wednesay on LI 4:40

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?

Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.

Elevate's top 2018 team, Blue Team I think, did not play any of the top teams at the tournament. They played the lower tier teams. Not sure why their top 2018 team doesnt try and compete with the better clubs.

Winning games and playing lower level teams is not the point of a recruiting tournament. 2018 elevate parents were not happy that they spent a day beating up on low level club teams so they can go 4-0 with no college coaches watching. Elevate parents who want college coaches to see their kids need to make sure their kids teams are playing quality teams. Even if they lose they will get noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.

Elevate's top 2018 team, Blue Team I think, did not play any of the top teams at the tournament. They played the lower tier teams. Not sure why their top 2018 team doesnt try and compete with the better clubs.

Winning games and playing lower level teams is not the point of a recruiting tournament. 2018 elevate parents were not happy that they spent a day beating up on low level club teams so they can go 4-0 with no college coaches watching. Elevate parents who want college coaches to see their kids need to make sure their kids teams are playing quality teams. Even if they lose they will get noticed.

How do parents "make sure their kids teams are playing quality teams"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have them play on a better club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going 4-0 playing weak teams makes them the best of the worst. On the other hand, how would they fair against the top teams in the age group? Likely a blowout the other way. Hard for kids to look good in a blow out loss. Only the very top players on the very top teams in 2018 are getting a sniff right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was a YJ run tournament and they set the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friends daughter plays on that Elevate team. Said the day was a complete waste. Not one compettive game, not one college coach on a sideline. She seemed livid. Said her daughter started at 7 AM and then had to stay to fill in for older gils team who were short girls which they had no interest in doing but felt obligated to do and they didnt get home until lie 10 PM after starting at 6 AM that day. Said many parnts were NOT happy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friends daughter plays on that Elevate team. Said the day was a complete waste. Not one compettive game, not one college coach on a sideline. She seemed livid. Said her daughter started at 7 AM and then had to stay to fill in for older gils team who were short girls which they had no interest in doing but felt obligated to do and they didnt get home until lie 10 PM after starting at 6 AM that day. Said many parnts were NOT happy!

Yes, my friend said the same. She said while they have had girls recruited from Elevate in older ages it is becase the girls are just very good players but she said it seems that helping girls with the process seems new to them and it appears that Elevate is learning how to do this as they go. Guess you have to start somewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have them play on a better club.

Like the 2017 Blue's schedule at Rivalry??? That was bad too, should have been in the Skywalkers, Capital, M&D, Steps, TLC and Rev group. You're at the mercy of the organizers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my friend said the same. She said while they have had girls recruited from Elevate in older ages it is becase the girls are just very good players but she said it seems that helping girls with the process seems new to them and it appears that Elevate is learning how to do this as they go. Guess you have to start somewhere.

What do you expect when the Elevate "Director of Recruiting" is a young woman who 1) never played college lacrosse due to injury, 2) hasn't graduated from college yet herself, and 3) has very few connections, not to mention life experiences. Her father gave her the DOR job so that he could keep the $$ in the family. Does this dilute the brand?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, my friend said the same. She said while they have had girls recruited from Elevate in older ages it is becase the girls are just very good players but she said it seems that helping girls with the process seems new to them and it appears that Elevate is learning how to do this as they go. Guess you have to start somewhere. [/quote]

What do you expect when the Elevate "Director of Recruiting" is a young woman who 1) never played college lacrosse due to injury, 2) hasn't graduated from college yet herself, and 3) has very few connections, not to mention life experiences. Her father gave her the DOR job so that he could keep the $$ in the family. Does this dilute the brand? [/quote]

Eeesshhh is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it's true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you expect when the Elevate "Director of Recruiting" is a young woman who 1) never played college lacrosse due to injury, 2) hasn't graduated from college yet herself, and 3) has very few connections, not to mention life experiences. Her father gave her the DOR job so that he could keep the $$ in the family. Does this dilute the brand? [/quote]

Eeesshhh is that true?
[/quote]

You guys are really laughable. It's actually funny reading this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true that another daddy coach was added to one of the 2019 teams? If this is true what team is it.

Mitchell is a new daddy coach, replacing Bert. This coming summer, every coach and assistant coach of the top three 2019 teams will be a daddy or mommy coach.

Carro, PM and Lonigra are legit coaches and are the farthest thing from daddy/mommy coaches.
A legit coach has either coached HS, College or played the game at a higher level. A daddy/mommy coach is one who has no legit coaching or playing experience. Just someone who wants to make sure his kid starts and plays all of the time.

True like the new 2020 sausage coach

What the heck is a sausage coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you expect when the Elevate "Director of Recruiting" is a young woman who 1) never played college lacrosse due to injury, 2) hasn't graduated from college yet herself, and 3) has very few connections, not to mention life experiences. Her father gave her the DOR job so that he could keep the $$ in the family. Does this dilute the brand?

Eeesshhh is that true?
[/quote]

You guys are really laughable. It's actually funny reading this.
[/quote]

This the yellowjacket way. Trash and demean - that's their style. I wouldn't expect anything less from this classy bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true that another daddy coach was added to one of the 2019 teams? If this is true what team is it.

Mitchell is a new daddy coach, replacing Bert. This coming summer, every coach and assistant coach of the top three 2019 teams will be a daddy or mommy coach.

Carro, PM and Lonigra are legit coaches and are the farthest thing from daddy/mommy coaches.
A legit coach has either coached HS, College or played the game at a higher level. A daddy/mommy coach is one who has no legit coaching or playing experience. Just someone who wants to make sure his kid starts and plays all of the time.

P.M. is a daddy coach from G.C. who coached 2015 blue because his daughter was on it, that team had so much talent it didn't need a coach,Lonigro is a complete joke, my daughter had her as a coach one miserable year, she could,t teach kids how to slide properly, totally in it so she can control how much playing time her kids get, if your on that team beg to get off it. Carro is the only real coach out of the 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
says the elevate director or his gropies ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has been a coach and teacher for only about 30years. Varsity football and lacrosse of all levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
says the elevate director or his gropies ...

Elevate has cooler sweatshirts and they are getting window stickers this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

P.M. is a daddy coach from G.C. who coached 2015 blue because his daughter was on it, that team had so much talent it didn't need a coach,Lonigro is a complete joke, my daughter had her as a coach one miserable year, she could,t teach kids how to slide properly, totally in it so she can control how much playing time her kids get, if your on that team beg to get off it. Carro is the only real coach out of the 3

PM isno trim GC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad Carro doesn't do much coaching anymore so your left with that smithtown east Dad. Far from desirable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far from the truth my daughter is on that 2015 team that have been together for the last 8 to 9 yrs. how do u think they got that good by osmosis. They got that good by having good coaches both at the school and travel level. And by the way he doesn't even live in gc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far from the truth my daughter is on that 2015 team that have been together for the last 8 to 9 yrs. how do u think they got that good by osmosis. They got that good by having good coaches both at the school and travel level. And by the way he doesn't even live in gc
Pretty fair chance they were born with incredible ability

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad Carro doesn't do much coaching anymore so your left with that smithtown east Dad. Far from desirable.

Leaves the coaching to daddy coach who is there only to protect his daughter from being moved off and to fill the team with his home town team . Amazing how obvious it is yet the parents with kids on that team are too afraid to say anything because they are desperate to have their kids on blue .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great guys , great coaches, you are lucky to have them both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lesson learned?

This was a YJ run tournament and they set the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would help your case a lot if you knew what you were talking about. When you come out of the gate completely misinformed, you look foolish.

PM is from Mt. Sinai, not GC. He coaches boys varsity at Comsewogue. He had a daughter on the 2015 Blue Team that he coached and now has 2 daughters and a niece on the 2019 B Team that he's taking over, so no matter what anyone on this thread says, he is the epitome of a "daddy coach". The 2019 players and parents can judge for themselves what caliber of coach he is and how much nepotism plays into his handling of the team.

As for your comments about KL, since she only coached that YJ C Team last year, you've probably outed yourself, but since it seems like you're leaving, who cares, right? That said, you know perfectly well that her daughter wasn't on her team last year, so she had no control over her playing time. Did it influence team placement? Maybe, but let's see the 2015 summer team rosters shake out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be bringing my 10 yr old to her first tryout in a few weeks.. what can I expect.. (I know It costs us 1 ball on top of the $50)
Drills?
Small sided play?
Shuttles?

Its at an indoor facility, so Im not sure the space available for a fullfield scrimmage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the talk of friends and family, town interests and daddy coaches, at what point does CR need to step in?
Some of the kids start to stick out like a sore thumb on some of the teams. Has a coaches' daughter ever been move down? Does daddy coach get moved down too? Someone needs to evaluate the evaluators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the talk of friends and family, town interests and daddy coaches, at what point does CR need to step in?
Some of the kids start to stick out like a sore thumb on some of the teams. Has a coaches' daughter ever been move down? Does daddy coach get moved down too? Someone needs to evaluate the evaluators.

CR only steps in when the checks don't clear!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they don't, speak with your feet if you are so offended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry dad, looks like we hit a sore spot, or thumb.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be bringing my 10 yr old to her first tryout in a few weeks.. what can I expect.. (I know It costs us 1 ball on top of the $50)
Drills?
Small sided play?
Shuttles?

Its at an indoor facility, so Im not sure the space available for a fullfield scrimmage

First off let your daughter know that this is for fun no matter what team she is selected for. It is an indoor tryout so for the most part stick skills will most likely be one of the top things she will be judged on. Can she use her off hand? These are a few things that will be looked at. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree if you are not happy there are plenty of other options available. Just remember "The grass isn't always greener"

Like Reply Quote
Page 190 of 327 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard