BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 148 of 220 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Glad it worked for you. Good for you!!!! Everybody is no so fortunate. You never know. Thanks for the great advice. (not) You do what you have to do and I will do what I have to do. Stop getting involved in everyone's business. Giving people good advise is a nice thing to do (by the way). I was not bashing them. I am aloud to voice my opinion.

Sorry your daughter sucks at Lax. Do what you have to do and hit the road. If she sucks now, shes gonna still suck on another team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok people like you aren't worth the breath I breath. Sorry see you soon.Btw nice disguise on who you are. Only person your fooling is yourself. Bye bye for now. Until we meet again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
With Yellow Jackets and Elevate both sending their second teams, why wouldn't TG send theirs? And if they claim Purple and White are on the same level, then they both should go. If I had a daughter on either of those teams, I would want an answer.

Just because YJ and Elevate are sending their teams doesn't make it right for TG purple and white. Again it would be a waste of time and money. These tournaments don't apply to them. Do you want to send the 2019 teams too, if YJ does, or if they're upset that they're not going? I think if you ask Bill he'll give you the same answer.

As stated earlier.......College coaches know that the better athletes are playing soccer, field hockey, gymnastics etc. Why waste time and money going to a fall tournament. Not going to run daughter ragged and try to fit a meaningless FALL lax tournament into her schedule.

Well, if your daughter plans on playing lacrosse in college she has to be seen and she's not going to be seen on a soccer field. You have to go to the showcases to be seen and that means missing a weekend of soccer, field hockey, swimming, gymnastics, whatever.

Yea.......During the summer. Point is do whats best for your kid. Some play other sports in fall.....some dont. Thats fine. People hear want to beat you over the head with their idea. Just do whats right by YOUR kid and things will usually work out for the better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok people like you aren't worth the breath I breath. Sorry see you soon.Btw nice disguise on who you are. Only person your fooling is yourself. Bye bye for now. Until we meet again.

Good Riddance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D dropped out of National Draw

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
omg!! who is writing this. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are a negative person and will have nothing but hardship in your life. For you to bash someone's kid that you dont even know is absoultely disgusting. Your gross. why dont you identify yourself you COWARD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters Up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
omg!! who is writing this. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are a negative person and will have nothing but hardship in your life. For you to bash someone's kid that you dont even know is absoultely disgusting. Your gross. why dont you identify yourself you COWARD.

I'm guessing yours isn't doing too well either!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]omg!! who is writing this. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are a negative person and will have nothing but hardship in your life. For you to bash someone's kid that you dont even know is absoultely disgusting. Your gross. why dont you identify yourself you COWARD.

I dont know if this is correct way to quote. But absloutely. That person and him/her daughter is probably like SATAN. You dont write stuff like that. Your a horrible person. Like stated big mouth. State your name. I can guarantee Negative Nancy's daughter is horrible and will not make it anywhere in life with a moter or father and/or like that. WOW. YOU should be the one to leave not the other write.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D dropped out of National Draw

No surprise Tournament Last year was nothing like it was in the past. There were not as many Coaches. It seems other Tournaments are becoming better for recruiting

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]omg!! who is writing this. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are a negative person and will have nothing but hardship in your life. For you to bash someone's kid that you dont even know is absoultely disgusting. Your gross. why dont you identify yourself you COWARD.

I dont know if this is correct way to quote. But absloutely. That person and him/her daughter is probably like SATAN. You dont write stuff like that. Your a horrible person. Like stated big mouth. State your name. I can guarantee Negative Nancy's daughter is horrible and will not make it anywhere in life with a moter or father and/or like that. WOW. YOU should be the one to leave not the other write.

Nice job w the quoting , now go back and practice on editing. Nice of you to go after his child , you must be a mini satan.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Larry thank you for pulling the thread yesterday. Some of the anonymous parents on here are out of their minds. Folks you are bad mouthing pre teen girls. Take a step back and see how disturbing that is. We all want the best for our girls ,where ever that may be. Parents shouldn't judge because it doesn't agree with their opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can there really be 27 girls on 2017 purple roster? nice job TG!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

27 girls on recruiting year roster - good luck getting playing time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 21 on Black I am sure they will move 3 up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably. Lol nothing surprising. You act like your shocked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keeping 27 on a roster during recruiting years does not help anyone. Not the club, not the girls and not the coaches. Let's hope for the sake of the kids that some are moved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will they move girls from purple to black (or white to purple) after rosters are posted?

Would they take that team of 27 and make a white team if they other girls who didn't accept invite come back after they make the 7th YJ team and don't want to play there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they move 3 up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, 21 is about the right roster size for a competitive travel team at recruiting ages. An actual commitment to showcasing the girls and fielding a competitive team? 27 is insane.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stinks....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would not be moving "up" as talent wise teams are equal (and my daughter IS on black beforevthe snark comments come). I feel terrible for her friends on purple, having been through the process 27 is just wrong to carry. It's truly not fair to the girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

because TG rosters usually have 24 players on them in all age groups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Rosters on some teams went up to 26-27 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
typical BS.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's either not a reason or a really bad one. I can see 24-25 kid rosters at elementary and middle school. They're not being looked at by college coaches yet and, as a club, you can't be sure which kids are going to excel. But High School aged teams, it's all about playing time and recruiting now, that's why you have paid and are paying the money. 20-21 kids tops; black, purple, white...shouldn't matter. Charge more if you have to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, 21 is about the right roster size for a competitive travel team at recruiting ages. An actual commitment to showcasing the girls and fielding a competitive team? 27 is insane.

It is fairly simple... Need extra girls to protect against those that walk away if they make the "right" YJ team. If none walk away, they did not have enough for a third team in this age group so why let the money walk away to another program? They are in the business of lacrosse folks, accept it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are you obsessed with the yg. YG is not to blame for every decision that is made for tg. This is the typical reason why people are leaving because of the scams. Just be honest. omg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is fairly simple... Need extra girls to protect against those that walk away if they make the "right" YJ team. If none walk away, they did not have enough for a third team in this age group so why let the money walk away to another program? They are in the business of lacrosse folks, accept it.

Terrible business model then...shortsighted. 2017 girls (Sophs) don't have much of a choice, almost no movement between clubs at this point. Any 2019 or 2020 parents looking on might take notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's either not a reason or a really bad one. I can see 24-25 kid rosters at elementary and middle school. They're not being looked at by college coaches yet and, as a club, you can't be sure which kids are going to excel. But High School aged teams, it's all about playing time and recruiting now, that's why you have paid and are paying the money. 20-21 kids tops; black, purple, white...shouldn't matter. Charge more if you have to.

Exactly, even the top purple players will now have playing time taken away. I can understand if they were cutting the dead weight and adding talent but that is not the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terrible business model then...shortsighted. 2017 girls (Sophs) don't have much of a choice, almost no movement between clubs at this point. Any 2019 or 2020 parents looking on might take notice.

yeah 2017's are probably stuck at this point. unless levy starts a 2017 team over at legacy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this means that 2018 are not safe. Same exact thing could happen next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all of BS's BFF's to support this great decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years 2015 rosters had 24 on each. We went to some tournaments with 3 subs. As the girls get older they have too many conflicts and start to skip the Virginia tournaments expesially after they verbally committ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey all you 2017 purple parents might want to join forces with 2017 mad dad because you have 31 kids on the roster

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Last years 2015 rosters had 24 on each. We went to some tournaments with 3 subs. As the girls get older they have too many conflicts and start to skip the Virginia tournaments expesially after they verbally committ

This is true. And it seems the injuries accrue and impact the players as well. I understand the concerns about not enough playing time, but honestly, in all my experience across multiple sports there seems to be more of an issue having enough subs than too many. The past two years of lax we had to borrow and lend players to the other TG team in order to field. Also, once you hit the showcase circuit the format is showcase, not tournament. So yes, everyone would prefer to win but the reality is it's more about getting all the girls out there to be seen, especially if they know a particular coach is coming to see them. Every coach on every team will work to get a player seen in that situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the line of BS, BS!!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 is more managable than 27! This is the big summer for these girls, SS said at the meeting coaches are looking at them now, going into junior year not senior year! If injuries and not enough subs are an issue shouldn't that have been a concern for black also? Last year purple had 20 and never needed any xtra players. Not like they cut those who didn't perform either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

This is true. And it seems the injuries accrue and impact the players as well. I understand the concerns about not enough playing time, but honestly, in all my experience across multiple sports there seems to be more of an issue having enough subs than too many. The past two years of lax we had to borrow and lend players to the other TG team in order to field. Also, once you hit the showcase circuit the format is showcase, not tournament. So yes, everyone would prefer to win but the reality is it's more about getting all the girls out there to be seen, especially if they know a particular coach is coming to see them. Every coach on every team will work to get a player seen in that situation.

hope you're right. had 19 on roster last year. cant imagine 27. don't mind that team got worse. only worried about play time and getting seen like you said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think BS is that ignorant thathe would hurt these girls. He has been receiving calls from coaches on some od the purple girls so he knows how important ir is for them to be seen. He knows a few do not belong on team and moved them to white as a courtesy for bei g w the prgram and paying for camps and clinics for the past 5 years. He had no choice but to take them when white folded, and thats where the big roster came from. I think he will make it clear what there role is and II doubt their parents will say anything as they are grateful their daughter is still in the prgram. Nothing anyone can do unitil we see what transpires next month at practice and who goes to the tournaments. In the meantime best of luck to those tryi g out for YJ this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Page 148 of 220 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard