BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 83 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the anger people. West Islip had a great year.Can any other team say they went undefeated for the entire season all the way to the state championship final game?? It was a great experience for them and one they will remember always stop sh*tting on it. As for CSH and Manhasset, congrats to those girls as well. Enjoy your children and stop acting like idiots

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA is a huge joke. Evaluators were not even watching. The YJ crew was in a pow wow joking and laughing most of the day. I think calls and emails to Corrigan Sports and Under Armour are overdue. Boycott their products and tell everyone you know to do the same. That should get their attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA should have been run better. No reason for ALL of the YJ girls to be on the same team, did not allow passing to open players. Now it's clear why the "LI ALL AMERICAN" has not sent out invites to the to the best sophmores and freshmen. Say what you want but stats don't lie. If it's supposed to be comprised of the best varsity players and you have rostered girls who barely played vs girls with hard earned stats then it's clear this is a YJ money grab. What a shame, could have been good for Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA should have been run better. No reason for ALL of the YJ girls to be on the same team, did not allow passing to open players. Now it's clear why the "LI ALL AMERICAN" has not sent out invites to the to the best sophmores and freshmen. Say what you want but stats don't lie. If it's supposed to be comprised of the best varsity players and you have rostered girls who barely played vs girls with hard earned stats then it's clear this is a YJ money grab. What a shame, could have been good for Long Island.

Stats lie all the time! Stats don't take into account level of competition, Quality of team, position or what the players role was on the field. Many of the TOP players (most recruited) are NOT the highest STAT grabbers! Post's like this really show the ignorance that is prevalent with parents. There are so many parents who have no competitive athletic background and base their evaluation of their child on their own limited knowledge (a little knowledge is dangerous). Where I agree there is always a level of politics in every tryout and if that could be eliminated it would even the playing field for some of the girls on the bubble (the top kids are easy picks), but the biggest problem with most tryouts is the parents lack of ability to evaluate the talent and level of play of their own child. Be honest with yourself and your child, set the right expectations. Most won't or don't have the ability to do that, so it's easier to call FOUL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really? which team was that? My daughter played with 2 other YJ's. Obviously she wasn't on the team with ALL the YJ's and she did just fine with all the non YJ's.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really? which team was that? My daughter played with 2 other YJ's. Obviously she wasn't on the team with ALL the YJ's and she did just fine with all the non YJ's.

My daughter was on a team with 4 or 5 Yellow Jacket players and it worked out fine. In fact, she made a new friend and, oh no - it was a yellow jacket smile Relax - the kids all like each other. the parents are the ones with the issues. Some real, some imagined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA Tryouts are so biased it is not even funny. Some kids are not even trying out because of the bias. People should contact Under Armour directly. The people running it for them Corrigan Sports is not helping the situation at all. Yesterday was laughable at how poorly it was run. At least humor us a little bit and let the YJ directors at least make believe they have a clip board and a pen in their hand and are taking notes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was on a team with 4 or 5 Yellow Jacket players and it worked out fine. In fact, she made a new friend and, oh no - it was a yellow jacket Relax - the kids all like each other. the parents are the ones with the issues. Some real, some imagined.

There you have it- on a team w 4/5 YJ. I saw that many on every team, and they naturally passed to each other, and if you were playing together for years you would too. But they also had a go to the goal mentality which is frustrating when you see open players calling for the ball. Maybe your daughter is happy not touching the ball and is there "for the experience", but I thought it looked like a YJ showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was on a team with 4 or 5 Yellow Jacket players and it worked out fine. In fact, she made a new friend and, oh no - it was a yellow jacket Relax - the kids all like each other. the parents are the ones with the issues. Some real, some imagined.

There you have it- on a team w 4/5 YJ. I saw that many on every team, and they naturally passed to each other, and if you were playing together for years you would too. But they also had a go to the goal mentality which is frustrating when you see open players calling for the ball. Maybe your daughter is happy not touching the ball and is there "for the experience", but I thought it looked like a YJ showcase.

Maybe your daughter should've worked harder on integrating into the team she was assigned to. My daughter got plenty of touches on the ball. Lemonade out of lemoms, ya know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if there were 4 or 5 on every team than which was the ALL YJ team? You people are comical, first you complain that there are too many YJ on one team, then you complain that they are too evenly distributed and are dominating each team? Which one is it? Ask yourself this; If your daughter makes it, are you still going to call Corrigan sports and tell them it was bias and she needs to be removed from the roster? BTW there have been plenty of great non YJ kids make the teams in the past who have had successful tournaments and enjoyed themselves.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know of a Varsity and JV Summer League other than the Farmingdale one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With Florida mandating all girls lacrosse players to ware helmets, does anyone think any team outside of Florida will be willing to play Florida's teams.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
With Florida mandating all girls lacrosse players to ware helmets, does anyone think any team outside of Florida will be willing to play Florida's teams.

First I've heard of this. Tell me more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know of a Varsity and JV Summer League other than the Farmingdale one?

Dowling has one - 5 weeks, July and first week of August. The Smithtown girls link on the left has the details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dowling has one - 5 weeks, July and first week of August. The Smithtown girls link on the left has the details.

Sorry, link on the left is Boys, try smithtowngirlslax.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Inside Lacrosse

It’s official: helmets have been mandated in the state of Florida.

On June 10, the Florida High School Athletic Association ruled that all participating members of the FHSAA will have to wear helmets in 2015. These participating FHSAA programs will be the only teams in the nation state-mandated to wear this form of protective head gear.

“The board did vote on mandating a helmet for the 2015 season,” Alex Ozuna, an Assistant Director of Athletics and the lacrosse administrator for the Florida High School Athletic Association, confirmed Wednesday. “A board member brought up this recommendation to the board for an action item. It was discussed during the operations committee, and we had individuals from US Lacrosse present to kind of give the committee a background on where they currently are in the process of standardizing specifications for a soft helmet for the girl’s game.”

Ozuna continued: “The item was taken to the Board of Directors. The whole entire board reviewed and took into account what was said by the individuals from US Lacrosse and decided that because it is a major safety issue in our state — they took into account how long the process has been for US Lacrosse to get to this point — and moving forward that they wanted to go ahead and take the steps now instead of having to wait one, two, possibly three years for an actual product with the specific standardize specifications that US Lacrosse was going to implement.”

Melissa Coyne, the Women’s Game Director at US Lacrosse, was one of two US Lacrosse representatives present at the FHSAA board meeting and was disappointed in the decision to mandate helmets in a sport that has no standard or definition for what a women’s lacrosse helmet is. “The mandate is very vague. Just simply, that they would mandate women’s lacrosse players to wear a helmet. They did not indicate at any point during that meeting what that would be.”

Coyne continued, “Obviously, that caused concern amongst a lot of members attending the meeting and for US Lacrosse, as well. I find it to be extremely irresponsible for any governing body to suggest an equipment intervention that has not been tested for nor is relevant in the game it’s going to be used… I’m disappointed they would make such a short-sighted and vague mandate.”

The decision comes at a time that many close to the sport have advocated that player safety calls for head protection and that helmets are a necessary leap to ensure that all participants are out of harm’s way as it pertains to concussions and head trauma injuries. However, many others have jumped on the opposition’s side of the argument: mandating helmets in the women’s game will only make matters worse.

The NCAA Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports is among them.

In a position statement dated December 2013, the NCAA addressed misperceptions regarding helmets and their prevention of concussions among student-athletes. “It should be noted that there is no helmet that can prevent a concussion,” the statement reads before touching base on what many have argued the premiere reason against helmets in women’s lacrosse: putting helmets on female players will only make the game more physical. The statement reads:

“When considering the use of this optional equipment during practice or permitted competition, athletes and coaches should take the time to read the qualifying statements provided with such a product addressing its limitations, particularly to prevent serious head injuries. Wearing such a device may provide a false sense of security in the area of concussion protection by the player, their coaches and their parents. In addition, placing headgear on a student-athlete may indirectly justify striking them in the head by opponents, especially in sports where this has never been the intent (for example, soccer, basketball, women’s lacrosse).

Moreover, a false sense of security in the area of concussion protection increases the likelihood that players, coaches, and parents will consider the medical condition to be adequately addressed and may place less importance upon avoiding head impact, reporting concussion symptoms, and returning to play prior to full recovery following a concussion.”

Also among those in favor of keeping the game helmet-free, the FHSAA girls lacrosse advisory panel comprising high school coaches within the FHSAA schools and an official. “The vote was strictly just the board members of the Florida High School Athletic Association. This topic was presented to our girls lacrosse advisory panel,” Ozuna said of the board’s vote against the advisory committee’s decision. “The panel did turn down this request to mandate helmets — so, they denied the recommendation; but, this recommendation was brought up by a board member at our board meeting and that’s what was voted on.”

In a historic move for the sport of women’s lacrosse, the decision made by the FHSAA already has the lacrosse community abuzz with questions: What were the factors behind this decision? Will this impact participation numbers in the country’s fastest-growing sport?

But, namely, the initial reaction has been: What type of helmet will be worn by these players?

The FHSAA cannot answer that question right now.

“The vote happened yesterday (Tuesday), so as a staff right now we’re just looking into a number of different things. We’re not quite sure where we’re going quite yet,” Ozuna said in regard to what type of helmet will be worn since no equipment provider in the sport offers a women’s lacrosse helmet, nor has US Lacrosse announced specification standards for what a women’s lacrosse helmet should be. "It’s a little premature to kind of guess where we’re going to go — whether it’s a soft or hard. If it’s a soft helmet, which helmet would it be? We’re not there yet. We’re looking into it.”

It is with that decision — that there has been no specific piece of equipment taken into account with this mandate — that disappoints the governing body for the sport the most. Expressed Coyne:

“US Lacrosse had no input into this decision. We were afforded very little time to talk or present on the subject other than within the operation committee. We were not consulted previous to this meeting. I had a single conversation with Alex Ozuna in which I laid out what US Lacrosse has been doing in women’s game safety and the head gear standard. He was very understanding of where we were and asked Bruce [Griffin; US Lacrosse’s Health & Safety Director] and I to come to attend the meeting to present that to the committee — which we did; but, we were not afforded that some opportunity at the board level. A discussion was limited to 20 minutes. It was taken up mostly by the [board member] who proposed the mandate. It seemed as if the members of the board had no interest in hearing what we had to say, which is disappointing.

…We honestly believe that players who want additional protection should be able to wear it — it’s our intention to make that standard optional. We understand that there will be state associations that want to mandate it and, in this case, we were hoping to work with the FHSAA… There is nothing out there that is designed for the women’s game and I see a tremendous amount of liability for that association should they provide some type of head gear for the girls not designed for the game and a young woman is to be injured. I would imagine that that would create a very interesting situation for them.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

First I've heard of this. Tell me more.

It's not finalized yet!!! It's a stupid rule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are they not mandating that girls soccer players where helmets? There is a higher rate of concussion in that sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://www.change.org/petitions/flo...um=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

This link is to a petition that you can sign that a high school girl in florida started to repeal the helmet decision. Get involved!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Under Armour girls results posted yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weren't they supposed to be posted within 48 hours of the tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rosters were made a couple weeks ago, should be announced any day now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rosters were made a couple weeks ago, should be announced any day now.

player 1 to 20 YJ
player 21, 22 TG
player 23 Liberty
player 24 Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the All American selections this year? Wont name names but we all know. 29 goals? Ridiculous. Carol Rose as the former chair of the US Lacrosse All American Selection Committee possibly affecting that selection? Among others? What's going on here for all these years is disgusting. It's time for a change. Email US Lacrosse acarpenetti@uslacrosse.org and tell them. Email LIMLF at ajrit5@aol.com and tell them that your sick and tired of the coercion and political favoritism taking place on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Inside Lacrosse

It’s official: helmets have been mandated in the state of Florida.

On June 10, the Florida High School Athletic Association ruled that all participating members of the FHSAA will have to wear helmets in 2015. These participating FHSAA programs will be the only teams in the nation state-mandated to wear this form of protective head gear.

“The board did vote on mandating a helmet for the 2015 season,” Alex Ozuna, an Assistant Director of Athletics and the lacrosse administrator for the Florida High School Athletic Association, confirmed Wednesday. “A board member brought up this recommendation to the board for an action item. It was discussed during the operations committee, and we had individuals from US Lacrosse present to kind of give the committee a background on where they currently are in the process of standardizing specifications for a soft helmet for the girl’s game.”

Ozuna continued: “The item was taken to the Board of Directors. The whole entire board reviewed and took into account what was said by the individuals from US Lacrosse and decided that because it is a major safety issue in our state — they took into account how long the process has been for US Lacrosse to get to this point — and moving forward that they wanted to go ahead and take the steps now instead of having to wait one, two, possibly three years for an actual product with the specific standardize specifications that US Lacrosse was going to implement.”

Melissa Coyne, the Women’s Game Director at US Lacrosse, was one of two US Lacrosse representatives present at the FHSAA board meeting and was disappointed in the decision to mandate helmets in a sport that has no standard or definition for what a women’s lacrosse helmet is. “The mandate is very vague. Just simply, that they would mandate women’s lacrosse players to wear a helmet. They did not indicate at any point during that meeting what that would be.”

Coyne continued, “Obviously, that caused concern amongst a lot of members attending the meeting and for US Lacrosse, as well. I find it to be extremely irresponsible for any governing body to suggest an equipment intervention that has not been tested for nor is relevant in the game it’s going to be used… I’m disappointed they would make such a short-sighted and vague mandate.”

The decision comes at a time that many close to the sport have advocated that player safety calls for head protection and that helmets are a necessary leap to ensure that all participants are out of harm’s way as it pertains to concussions and head trauma injuries. However, many others have jumped on the opposition’s side of the argument: mandating helmets in the women’s game will only make matters worse.

The NCAA Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports is among them.

In a position statement dated December 2013, the NCAA addressed misperceptions regarding helmets and their prevention of concussions among student-athletes. “It should be noted that there is no helmet that can prevent a concussion,” the statement reads before touching base on what many have argued the premiere reason against helmets in women’s lacrosse: putting helmets on female players will only make the game more physical. The statement reads:

“When considering the use of this optional equipment during practice or permitted competition, athletes and coaches should take the time to read the qualifying statements provided with such a product addressing its limitations, particularly to prevent serious head injuries. Wearing such a device may provide a false sense of security in the area of concussion protection by the player, their coaches and their parents. In addition, placing headgear on a student-athlete may indirectly justify striking them in the head by opponents, especially in sports where this has never been the intent (for example, soccer, basketball, women’s lacrosse).

Moreover, a false sense of security in the area of concussion protection increases the likelihood that players, coaches, and parents will consider the medical condition to be adequately addressed and may place less importance upon avoiding head impact, reporting concussion symptoms, and returning to play prior to full recovery following a concussion.”

Also among those in favor of keeping the game helmet-free, the FHSAA girls lacrosse advisory panel comprising high school coaches within the FHSAA schools and an official. “The vote was strictly just the board members of the Florida High School Athletic Association. This topic was presented to our girls lacrosse advisory panel,” Ozuna said of the board’s vote against the advisory committee’s decision. “The panel did turn down this request to mandate helmets — so, they denied the recommendation; but, this recommendation was brought up by a board member at our board meeting and that’s what was voted on.”

In a historic move for the sport of women’s lacrosse, the decision made by the FHSAA already has the lacrosse community abuzz with questions: What were the factors behind this decision? Will this impact participation numbers in the country’s fastest-growing sport?

But, namely, the initial reaction has been: What type of helmet will be worn by these players?

The FHSAA cannot answer that question right now.

“The vote happened yesterday (Tuesday), so as a staff right now we’re just looking into a number of different things. We’re not quite sure where we’re going quite yet,” Ozuna said in regard to what type of helmet will be worn since no equipment provider in the sport offers a women’s lacrosse helmet, nor has US Lacrosse announced specification standards for what a women’s lacrosse helmet should be. "It’s a little premature to kind of guess where we’re going to go — whether it’s a soft or hard. If it’s a soft helmet, which helmet would it be? We’re not there yet. We’re looking into it.”

It is with that decision — that there has been no specific piece of equipment taken into account with this mandate — that disappoints the governing body for the sport the most. Expressed Coyne:

“US Lacrosse had no input into this decision. We were afforded very little time to talk or present on the subject other than within the operation committee. We were not consulted previous to this meeting. I had a single conversation with Alex Ozuna in which I laid out what US Lacrosse has been doing in women’s game safety and the head gear standard. He was very understanding of where we were and asked Bruce [Griffin; US Lacrosse’s Health & Safety Director] and I to come to attend the meeting to present that to the committee — which we did; but, we were not afforded that some opportunity at the board level. A discussion was limited to 20 minutes. It was taken up mostly by the [board member] who proposed the mandate. It seemed as if the members of the board had no interest in hearing what we had to say, which is disappointing.

…We honestly believe that players who want additional protection should be able to wear it — it’s our intention to make that standard optional. We understand that there will be state associations that want to mandate it and, in this case, we were hoping to work with the FHSAA… There is nothing out there that is designed for the women’s game and I see a tremendous amount of liability for that association should they provide some type of head gear for the girls not designed for the game and a young woman is to be injured. I would imagine that that would create a very interesting situation for them.”

Is US Lacrosse the "National Body" or just an organization in the sport. I didn't think they (USL) had any jurisdiction on the sport and what HS do; they suggest that is all.

It is the purely each states decision on what they will do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the All American selections this year? Wont name names but we all know. 29 goals? Ridiculous. Carol Rose as the former chair of the US Lacrosse All American Selection Committee possibly affecting that selection? Among others? What's going on here for all these years is disgusting. It's time for a change. Email US Lacrosse acarpenetti@uslacrosse.org and tell them. Email LIMLF at ajrit5@aol.com and tell them that your sick and tired of the coercion and political favoritism taking place on LI.

Did someone's daughter not get all American and now daddy's panties are in a bunch!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did someone's daughter not get all American and now daddy's panties are in a bunch!!!

No not at all. The kids who don't deserve it but get it anyway pisses me and a lot of others off. It's obvious and finally going to end.

You still didn't explain how a kid with 29G 10A wins All American over the Bellport kid with 77 goals and 20 assists? Bell port kid plus SC Allstars not YJ. I'm waiting for the explanation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No not at all. The kids who don't deserve it but get it anyway pisses me and a lot of others off. It's obvious and finally going to end.

You still didn't explain how a kid with 29G 10A wins All American over the Bellport kid with 77 goals and 20 assists? Bell port kid plus SC Allstars not YJ. I'm waiting for the explanation.
How much did HS Coach Fight for Girl, did Coach put her in for consideration before season started, How well does Coach get along with others Coaches. Also Scoring a lot of goals does make you an All American

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How much did HS Coach Fight for Girl, did Coach put her in for consideration before season started, How well does Coach get along with others Coaches. Also Scoring a lot of goals does make you an All American

So it's not your performance or ability but how much influence your coach has? MY POINT EXACTLY! It should be about the kids not the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

F&F even in this, you wonder why everyone kisses that big [lacrosse]? Here is another example just like the Brine and Under Arm teams and the placement and seedings she gets at tournaments when she brings 30 teams. Good to be king and for anyone not on the top blue team you should stop feeding the money monster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this serious, no offense but not even sure which Bellport kid you are talking about and if you are going to use stats to pick AA then the kid you are talking about is down on the list behind many YJ kids that did not get AA. While I agree many more deserving kids than who you are talking about but I do not see you complaining about the non YJ kid whos numbers are not very good either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're complaining someone didn't have enough goals to be deserving of AA? What about the defenders who don't score goals or the midfielders? In your mind it's the number of goals that makes an AA? Seriously? It's amazing the amount of cry babies that post here.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You're complaining someone didn't have enough goals to be deserving of AA? What about the defenders who don't score goals or the midfielders? In your mind it's the number of goals that makes an AA? Seriously? It's amazing the amount of cry babies that post here.

Amen! No one is winning any game without defense, and yet everyone from Newsday, to awards, to select tryouts, overlooks these players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this serious, no offense but not even sure which Bellport kid you are talking about and if you are going to use stats to pick AA then the kid you are talking about is down on the list behind many YJ kids that did not get AA. While I agree many more deserving kids than who you are talking about but I do not see you complaining about the non YJ kid whos numbers are not very good either.

Honestly you people are clueless. Stats? points? really? That's what you think makes you worthy of AA? Let me get this straight. If you are a great Player on a great team who plays the best competition and you run the score up, you and your team are lambasted for poor sportsmanship, But you will have great stats. If the coach doesn't run up the score and takes said great player out or makes sure everyone gets a chance to score, the great player isn't worthy because she doesn't have great stats. The kid on a below average team, who plays poor competition(i.e. Bellport) is able to rack up the points against one of the weakest schedules in the division is more worthy? Look at the kids who made AA, their best games weren't against weak competition. In addition the better teams usually have more players who can score therefore even the best player won't get all that many scoring opportunities. None of this even takes into account the defensive side of the ball, which btw is REALLY important! Nice try though!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The stats are BS --coaches put down what they want to satisfy theier's favorites!!! Or who's parents suck up or pays the most!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly you people are clueless. Stats? points? really? That's what you think makes you worthy of AA? Let me get this straight. If you are a great Player on a great team who plays the best competition and you run the score up, you and your team are lambasted for poor sportsmanship, But you will have great stats. If the coach doesn't run up the score and takes said great player out or makes sure everyone gets a chance to score, the great player isn't worthy because she doesn't have great stats. The kid on a below average team, who plays poor competition(i.e. Bellport) is able to rack up the points against one of the weakest schedules in the division is more worthy? Look at the kids who made AA, their best games weren't against weak competition. In addition the better teams usually have more players who can score therefore even the best player won't get all that many scoring opportunities. None of this even takes into account the defensive side of the ball, which btw is REALLY important! Nice try though!!!!

come on man .....any girl on belport should have to score 1000 goals to make AA with the schedule they play..... they play nobody.. and if she is that good , how come they havent made the playoffs her entire career

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

come on man .....any girl on belport should have to score 1000 goals to make AA with the schedule they play..... they play nobody.. and if she is that good , how come they havent made the playoffs her entire career

Bellport girl getting AA is more of a joke then this board sometimes!! Sorry!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this thread was initially refering to the new "Long Island All American" game that looks to have almost every player on the '17 team(s) from YJ. I have 2 daughters, one plays offense, one defense. The offensive player is tall, solid and tough with excellent stas. The defensive player is slender, quicker and has better stick skills. Both will agree that the defense is rarely recognized, but then again your coach would have to actually keep stats of ground balls or turnovers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour roster is up on the website, lots of deserving girls... Definitely a few questionable selections.. 3 goalies btw.. Never saw that before..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour roster is up on the website, lots of deserving girls... Definitely a few questionable selections.. 3 goalies btw.. Never saw that before..

Roster has 25 girls. Not 24 as it's supposed to.

Page 34 of 83 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard