BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cant we all just get along, it was a great weekend and the kids had fun and had a competitive game. Lets leave it at that. just to disclose, I am a parent from Lax Army

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most likely the so called favorites are the best kids on the team. Get used to it if your kid is a good player but not great...its the real world not fantasy land....Best Play 2nd best sits..
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just head posts on the HS thread about the 91 orange coach who they say now coaches hs Beware of this guy. 91 orange knows this guy plays favorites and obv his son on team 91 orange feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard Thompson Brothers are going to be at the 91 Minicamp next week..
Kids love those guys !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush 2020 beat team long island 11-9 in finals of lax splash. Scores here:
http://www.alohatournaments.com/Boys11_12A.aspx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are 2019 teams in 11/12 bracket. Most 2019s are already 13. Am I missing something

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush 2020 beat team long island 11-9 in finals of lax splash. Scores here:
http://www.alohatournaments.com/Boys11_12A.aspx

11/12 is 2020 wrong page

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They show 2019 teams in that bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are 2019 teams in 11/12 bracket. Most 2019s are already 13. Am I missing something

Here are the age break downs taken from the site...

Roster Rules

No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
No High School players are allowed on any team at any time. This includes Fresh/Soph, JV and Varsity players. Any team competing with High School players will forfeit all games in the tournament and will not be allowed to advance to the playoff rounds.
7/8 players must be born after August 31, 2004.
9/10 players must be born after August 31, 2002.
11/12 players must be born after August 31, 2000.
13/14 players must be born after August 31, 1998.
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit all opportunity to advance to the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those cut off dates are U.S. lacrosse age group rules

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster Rules

No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
No High School players are allowed on any team at any time. This includes Fresh/Soph, JV and Varsity players. Any team competing with High School players will forfeit all games in the tournament and will not be allowed to advance to the playoff rounds.
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit all opportunity to advance to the playoffs.

Long Island time for change. Starts with you tourney organizers/club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster Rules

So what you are saying is that A kid born Sept 2000, who is only 3 months from being 14, is permitted to play 11/12 in this tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, that is what U.S. Lacrosse says.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster Rules

So what you are saying is that A kid born Sept 2000, who is only 3 months from being 14, is permitted to play 11/12 in this tournament

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster Rules

Yes

who is checking to see if that 7th grader played JV this season? a 13 year old 7th grader or 8th grader is plausable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is everything that is wrong with summer tournaments.

My son was born in March of 2001 and plays on a 2019 team for the summer. According to this bracket methodology, he could play on a 2021 team. That is all well and good except the fact that he is 5'7 and weighs 160 pounds.

What happens in these tournaments? Parents accuse the bigger kids of driving their parents to/from the events, smaller kids (who are age appropriate) get chippy with the larger kids and the pre-puberty kids react and chaos ensues. It is a recipe for disaster, but no one seems to care.

Bottom line is US Lacrosse needs to take a page out of the NCYFL book and go to picture i.d. cards and end this nonsense once and for all. I know it will never happen but one can dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster Rules

Yes

The ages above are what US lacrosse defines as U9, U11, U13, U15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster Rules

Yes

The ages above are what US lacrosse defines as U9, U11, U13, U15

Yes but any one under the age can always play/ parents prerogative - but don't call U13 11/12... it is really 12/13 I don't think anyone has a problem with that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates or results from the JDRF to talk about? A and B division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about a 7th grader playing JV?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about a 7th grader playing JV?
If you played any high school lax (JV or varsity) as a 7th or 8th grader are you allowed to still play age under US lacrosse guidelines?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because there was no MS team due to budget cuts. And I don't think they should have been allowed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is everything that is wrong with summer tournaments.

My son was born in March of 2001 and plays on a 2019 team for the summer. According to this bracket methodology, he could play on a 2021 team. That is all well and good except the fact that he is 5'7 and weighs 160 pounds.

What happens in these tournaments? Parents accuse the bigger kids of driving their parents to/from the events, smaller kids (who are age appropriate) get chippy with the larger kids and the pre-puberty kids react and chaos ensues. It is a recipe for disaster, but no one seems to care.

Bottom line is US Lacrosse needs to take a page out of the NCYFL book and go to picture i.d. cards and end this nonsense once and for all. I know it will never happen but one can dream.

How can your kid born in 2001 play 2021 based on the stated age rules? He plays 2019, which is correct if he is in 7th grade. What are you seeing here that leads you to believe he can play 2021? Your math is wrong by a lot. Even if he failed a grade twice, he could still not play in this particular tourney as a 2021 because the age rules prevent that from happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because there was no MS team due to budget cuts. And I don't think they should have been allowed.

please clarify, what we are talking about here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scroll up and look again. In that tournament the age requirements are so screwy you can have an old 5th grader (11 year old) born before August 31 2002 on the field with a young 8th grader (13 year old) born after August 31 2000.

My son plays on an eighth grade team where some kids would fall into this group and they have not been left or held back.

If you entered this event as a straight 2021 you would most likely have gotten destroyed.

My point is the system is so broken it is laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scroll up and look again. In that tournament the age requirements are so screwy you can have an old 5th grader (11 year old) born before August 31 2002 on the field with a young 8th grader (13 year old) born after August 31 2000.

My son plays on an eighth grade team where some kids would fall into this group and they have not been left or held back.

If you entered this event as a straight 2021 you would most likely have gotten destroyed.

My point is the system is so broken it is laughable.

I don't see the problem though. Isn't this type of age-based tourney what all the LI'ers want? The ages are within 24 months of each other.

The bigger issue lies in the grade-based tourneys. In those you will see a gap wider than 24 months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ages within 24 months?! The maturity and human development gap can be twice that of the age difference, especially when puberty comes into play.

Play in your exact age until you get to JV and varsity, nationally.

Does it take a child to getting gravely injured to fix this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid makes JV lacrosse and plays as a 7th or 8th grader you feel he should not play US lacrosse at his age bracket. That is absurd. Punish a kid for being good enough to make it and play. SO a kid that is on the team but doesn't play what should he do .if he only gets in the last minute of a JV lacrosse game because the lead is 8 or more goals with 5 minutes to play, you want him to not play in his age group either that is pathetic. That kid will never see the field all summer then, is that fair..Think about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid makes JV lacrosse and plays as a 7th or 8th grader you feel he should not play US lacrosse at his age bracket. That is absurd. Punish a kid for being good enough to make it and play. SO a kid that is on the team but doesn't play what should he do .if he only gets in the last minute of a JV lacrosse game because the lead is 8 or more goals with 5 minutes to play, you want him to not play in his age group either that is pathetic. That kid will never see the field all summer then, is that fair..Think about it

Yes I think it is ridiculous but many tournaments state and I thought us lacrosse did as well if you play HS ball you are essentially disqualified from us lacrosse age play.

There was a some controversy with 2017 about this very issue 2 yrs ago. Not sure it was ever cleared up. Not sure any one followed it.

What I think is more ridiculous is a 7th or 8th grader on JV not playing but 3 minutes. Why bother, because your town doesn't have MS ball. For bragging rights. Wonder how that test was administrated. The county should lump all these kids together at certain times of the year and the county or section should administer the test. Maybe at Farmingdale or suffolk cc or Nassau cc or Adelphi or Dowling or even stony brook Wonder how many would pass then?

The state should also give more than a 3 day grace period to see if the player dare I say child is ready. For god sake there is a month before mS even starts and This year there was still snow on the ground. The rule prevents the right thing from happening. kids couldn't move back down if they wanted or it was the right thing. Another broken part of sports. Just put a policy in place and not look at the right way to go about it. When was the last time that was challenged or reviewed by the state. I mean really challenged.

Only then the true deserved only the true elite should make it. And what does that test really have to do with specific sports anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree if your kid only plays a few minutes and it's not even in every game why put him on the team unless of course politics take place as usual. I'm sure it happens everywhere. The test should be done in one place I agree. SOme of these kids haven't even reached puberty yet and I'm sure they look it. Why put your kid out there if he is not ready. Did the coaches or the parent's even think about the chances of them getting hurt..Ego's by the parents not the kids. That's the shame of it. You can tell which ones belong and which ones don't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as the test this year when did the snow start to melt and when was it conducive for the outdoor stations. I think mid April not End of Month Feb.

I think there should be a town MS tournament in October maybe two or three weekends (heaven forbid the football players catch wind). have the boys play and you see who you have and evaluate them for the sport specific skills. If you pass the maturation portion and are skilled enough in a coaches eye why all the jibber jabber.

never happen I know but dare to dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree if your kid only plays a few minutes and it's not even in every game why put him on the team unless of course politics take place as usual. I'm sure it happens everywhere. The test should be done in one place I agree. SOme of these kids haven't even reached puberty yet and I'm sure they look it. Why put your kid out there if he is not ready. Did the coaches or the parent's even think about the chances of them getting hurt..Ego's by the parents not the kids. That's the shame of it. You can tell which ones belong and which ones don't

You know the statement of [i][b]plays only a few minutes
holds true for travel teams. Why are you on a team if your son is not playing. Why get upset about his time because you paid thousands, I get it, but were you foolish to think otherwise. Instead work hard with him or put him on a different team. Find a team where he is a leader and playing a great portion of the time. Don't you owe that to him.

I am sick of hearing the bitching the excuses. Sure each team needs subs or 2nd/3rd line middies but if you are not seeing playing time maybe double check your son's skill and ability before you blame politics maybe take a little self reflection. Does pride get the way so much that you will make or son suffer on a team he doesn't belong on.

It is earlier in the season be a good parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you talking about play time? That has nothing to do with it. Parents are holding kids back so that they have an advantage on the Lacrosse field. You are putting kids on a field that could be a year and half older than the kids they are playing. NOT talking about the JV and Varsity level. It is dangerous to have a 5th grader playing against an 7/8th grader. A lot happens to a kid in that time frame. Lacrosse should work like Football. Play your age/weight and prove your age and weight. If you don't make weight, then move up. Takes some time, but it is definitely the right way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you talking about play time? That has nothing to do with it. Parents are holding kids back so that they have an advantage on the Lacrosse field. You are putting kids on a field that could be a year and half older than the kids they are playing. NOT talking about the JV and Varsity level. It is dangerous to have a 5th grader playing against an 7/8th grader. A lot happens to a kid in that time frame. Lacrosse should work like Football. Play your age/weight and prove your age and weight. If you don't make weight, then move up. Takes some time, but it is definitely the right way to go.

The conversation morphed to a new topic. why are you on a team that son doesn't see the field and play.

I am sure many out there see families on teams and you ask yourself why are they there. When their child can be elsewhere actually playing. I guess it is what is best for each child and family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express 2019 Wolverines coaches were replaced. Any truth to this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it was the terps 2019 coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Express 2019 Wolverines coaches were replaced. Any truth to this?

guess you will see tomorrow? Do they need players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it was the terps 2019 coaches.

JA? then who is coaching that team? JT?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why change coaching staff at this point? Team has been together since the fall and just before the start if summer travel season they get rid of the whil coaching staff on 2019 Terps.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the entire staff, only one coach. The two coaches that were on the field were always there. They (the terps) look like a solid B team and should compete. I hope they (express and the coach) reconcile and play nice for this season. I think the club owes that to the kids that were looking forward to a fun season. But that is the way it goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the entire staff, only one coach. The two coaches that were on the field were always there. They (the terps) look like a solid B team and should compete. I hope they (express and the coach) reconcile and play nice for this season. I think the club owes that to the kids that were looking forward to a fun season. But that is the way it goes.

Terps looked good but I was very disappointed in the drop off of talent from the A to B.It was like watching a full year difference in age. First time I realized how much slower the game is. Hopefully there will be more competition in our next tournament. I hope he comes back to coach, he was great with the kids.

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard