BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring League Registration
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he means you to arrive by 7
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not really. Smash by 7.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won 2018 Jesters/91 Orange game ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won 2018 Jesters/91 Orange game ?

6-4 Orange, Jesters 3-1 at half. Great game. Some very strong players on both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo beats 91Orange 2021 10-2 and the goals Orange scored were in last 2 minutes of game. I know it's only Spring and 2021 does not matter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo beats 91Orange 2021 10-2 and the goals Orange scored were in last 2 minutes of game. I know it's only Spring and 2021 does not matter

Not an Igloo parent here...they are hands down the best team in that age bracket. They are well coached and inspiring to watch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's getting your bell rung....No shocker to hear though as Igloo is tough to beat. I am sure it will spark a conversation....Was this their first head to head this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an Igloo parent here...they are hands down the best team in that age bracket. They are well coached and inspiring to watch.

inspiring /ɪnˈspajɚrɪŋ/adjective

Webster's definition of INSPIRING

[more inspiring; most inspiring]

:causing people to want to do or create something or to lead better lives

■
an inspiring leader

■
His generosity is inspiring.

■
an inspiring [=inspirational] true story of one family's struggles to overcome poverty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack the Poster's use of vocabulary if you can't argue the facts - still a 10-2 loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really...Just saying that hearing the outcome of a 5th grade lax game doesn't make most people want to live a better life, i.e. inspire them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess no one recalls the score at the end of the 1st half was 2-0

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

■
an inspiring leader

■

■
an inspiring [=inspirational] true story of one family's struggles to overcome poverty

Okay...that comment inspired me to write this:

'an inspiring true story of one team's struggle to overcome the haters like you'...how's that for word usage? I guess you missed the OR's in your posted definition...OR decided to pick one source to reference.

So grasp the concept that Igloo seems to have 'created something' (a great team & environment) that many would 'want to do'...and your just envious that they're happy while achieving success.

Also, can a team not be an inspiring leader or role model for other teams to look up to? Sure it can. Does your favorite college team or MLL not create any type of inspiration?

Yes...inspire...I guess once Merriam got involved, Merriam cleaned up Webster's definitions. Kind of like those nice people out there who love the sport and have to clean up after jerky people like you.

From Merriam-Webster:

in·spire
verb \in-ˈspī(-ə)r\

: to make (someone) want to do something : to give (someone) an idea about what to do or create

: to cause (something) to happen or be created

: to cause someone to have (a feeling or emotion)

Now, look up the word touché.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo beats 91Orange 2021 10-2 and the goals Orange scored were in last 2 minutes of game. I know it's only Spring and 2021 does not matter

■
an inspiring leader

■

■

'an inspiring true story of one team's struggle to overcome the haters like you'...how's that for word usage? I guess you missed the OR's in your posted definition...OR decided to pick one source to reference.

So grasp the concept that Igloo seems to have 'created something' (a great team & environment) that many would 'want to do'...and your just envious that they're happy while achieving success.

Also, can a team not be an inspiring leader or role model for other teams to look up to? Sure it can. Does your favorite college team or MLL not create any type of inspiration?

Yes...inspire...I guess once Merriam got involved, Merriam cleaned up Webster's definitions. Kind of like those nice people out there who love the sport and have to clean up after jerky people like you.

From Merriam-Webster:

in·spire
verb \in-ˈspī(-ə)r\

: to make (someone) want to do something : to give (someone) an idea about what to do or create

The funny thing is that you are so arrogant, that people think you are the above word if you replace the letter t with d.
No apostrophe needed either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

■
an inspiring leader

■

■

From Merriam-Webster:

in·spire
verb \in-ˈspī(-ə)r\

Obviously Igloo is the best team on Long Island at the this age group. But why is it always taken in the context that numbers 2-5 are bad. They are all very teams, filled tons of talented 11 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The more you write the more you just make the point that you are a little too invested in 5th grade lacrosse....If you are inspired now just wait until middle school!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that's inspiring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

■
an inspiring leader

■

■

From Merriam-Webster:

in·spire
verb \in-ˈspī(-ə)r\

Obviously Igloo is the best team on Long Island at the this age group. But why is it always taken in the context that numbers 2-5 are bad. They are all very teams, filled tons of talented 11 year olds.

You really need to stop claiming to be a non igloo parent and then claim they inspire you. You want to pump up your team and your kid then do it, don't try to act like other parents are actually inspired by your team. We are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure your not....come on guy. When you lost in the shamrock shootout, a tournament, it was blah blah it's one game now you win one spring league game and your the second coming. Typical igloo deny the losses but flood this sight with one win....wait til laxfest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AA telling himself how inspiring he is....classic

■
an inspiring leader

■

■

From Merriam-Webster:

in·spire
verb \in-ˈspī(-ə)r\

You really need to stop claiming to be a non igloo parent and then claim they inspire you. You want to pump up your team and your kid then do it, don't try to act like other parents are actually inspired by your team. We are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is why Igloo parents are not liked. They talk it up with wins that mean nothing and ignore loses that are more important. It has nothing to do with them being a great 5th and 6th grade combo team. Funny how they are a great combo team but some of the Igloo players don't standout in the PAL games.

Sure your not....come on guy. When you lost in the shamrock shootout, a tournament, it was blah blah it's one game now you win one spring league game and your the second coming. Typical igloo deny the losses but flood this sight with one win....wait til laxfest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they are a U10 and U11 run org, big deal, they not playing on LI except for Lax Fest. I really wish everyone would go that way. Although, we would actually have to talk about lacrosse on these forums if that happened... Very surprised no U9 team was formed and this club didn't continue to build on it's success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Igloo is hands down the best team, they should be playing in the 2020 A bracket this summer. What's the point of playing teams they know they are so above? After all, it's not just about winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play against kids closer in age to them? Never!!! They like having the age advantage.
If Igloo is hands down the best team, they should be playing in the 2020 A bracket this summer. What's the point of playing teams they know they are so above? After all, it's not just about winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Igloo is a 2020 team. They play in 2021 although they have older kids on the team who are in 6th grade who do not qualify as true 2021 players.
Let the year play out....They know they have older players on the team. Period. Just go out and beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is 2020? How does the league allow them to play 2021 then? Did I miss a rule change?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is 2020? How does the league allow them to play 2021 then? Did I miss a rule change?

Columbo is on BOTC. I love it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who knows this league , know there are teams always playing up or down , they are all competitive so why make that statement? It not like igloo is playing farmingdale 2021 or some other random town , they play other travel teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you look at their schedule they want nothing to do with all this petty whining. They are playing off the Island all summer except for lax fest. So go fire up your petitions to make sure they play in the 2020 group. Laughable, just show up and play some 'youth' lax. This all works itself out in 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed about just wanting to play. Just don't make the statement that you are THE BEST in 2021 when you do not qualify in that age group and other teams, TRAVEL TEAMS, are completely and legitimately age eligible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go again with the whining. Must be a parent on team that can't beat Igloo and coming up with conspiracy theories.

If you look at your team's roster I am sure you have kids older than the oldest kid on many of these teams - including Igloo.

We should be happy our kids are healthy and playing a game with their friends they enjoy.

There are posters on this board who promote their children's team and others who knock kids and programs. Which one are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe as a person you have to start to read your posts with the idea that kids are reading them. We have a responsibility to the youth players to act like role models and I don't see how your comment is productive, fact based, or even self fulfilling in any way. there are plenty of great teams out there. And In my opinion 91, Igloo, Express and many others all have extremely talented boys. Until they reach manhood these games truly don't mean much; besides creating a safe, and fun environment for the kids to play competitive lacrosse. If you can't control your comments to positive concepts about your son's team and players then why are you writing on another teams blog? Just to bash kids and teams from other organizations to make yourself feel better, maybe! I'm not trying to be rude, but my son saw this message and thread and was wondering why someone hates him so much! Please I beg you to grow up and realize that your responsibility as a parent is show how grow ups deal with things, not how things that truly don't matter in the grand scheme of life get blown out of proportion. So respectfully asking you to please stop the negative comments. You don't know who your hurting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you look at their schedule they want nothing to do with all this petty whining. They are playing off the Island all summer except for lax fest. So go fire up your petitions to make sure they play in the 2020 group. Laughable, just show up and play some 'youth' lax. This all works itself out in 9th grade.

Maybe on the HS JV team it does, but not in travel or the showcases. The holdback game played in MD PA Mass and other places in 8th grade makes things very interesting. You'll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe on the HS JV team it does, but not in travel or the showcases. The holdback game played in MD PA Mass and other places in 8th grade makes things very interesting. You'll see.

I do not know why they would want to play 2021 if they already know they will beat those teams. The better teams play up- just common sense- not forcing them to do so- but why play beneath them, unless they want to just win for the sake of winning. Maybe in MD, PA, VA they will see the competition they are looking for in 2021, as those teams are are older in age and will be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
using all of your logic in any game that a team is playing up the other then in essence is playing down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe as a person you have to start to read your posts with the idea that kids are reading them. We have a responsibility to the youth players to act like role models and I don't see how your comment is productive, fact based, or even self fulfilling in any way. there are plenty of great teams out there. And In my opinion 91, Igloo, Express and many others all have extremely talented boys. Until they reach manhood these games truly don't mean much; besides creating a safe, and fun environment for the kids to play competitive lacrosse. If you can't control your comments to positive concepts about your son's team and players then why are you writing on another teams blog? Just to bash kids and teams from other organizations to make yourself feel better, maybe! I'm not trying to be rude, but my son saw this message and thread and was wondering why someone hates him so much! Please I beg you to grow up and realize that your responsibility as a parent is show how grow ups deal with things, not how things that truly don't matter in the grand scheme of life get blown out of proportion. So respectfully asking you to please stop the negative comments. You don't know who your hurting.

#1 this isn't an igloo thread #2 one of your parents came on here to brag about an "inspiring" spring league win #3 maybe you should be responsible and not allow your child to read these posts since everyone is like this

Point is igloo may have been the best last yr but they haven't won a tournament this yr yet so let's wait and see what happens at laxfest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree...I would never let my kids read the stuff on these posts...That in itself is damaging...especially a 10 year old.

WTS...I think igloo has talented kids...I also think this little banter has sparked a flame in which these 2021 teams will now be gunning for these poor kids and looking to beat them at all costs. Sometimes its better to not gloat....You create a disliking for your organization and I am sure its not what the coach wants and you're really doing a injustice to the kids. Good luck with your future games....After all the smack I just read you better not lose....I will be checking up. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree but you have one fact wrong. Almost all the Igloo kids are already 11 years old. I think only about 3 or 4 or even only two left that are still 10. I hope the Igloo parents don't deny this.

I agree...I would never let my kids read the stuff on these posts...That in itself is damaging...especially a 10 year old.

WTS...I think igloo has talented kids...I also think this little banter has sparked a flame in which these 2021 teams will now be gunning for these poor kids and looking to beat them at all costs. Sometimes its better to not gloat....You create a disliking for your organization and I am sure its not what the coach wants and you're really doing a injustice to the kids. Good luck with your future games....After all the smack I just read you better not lose....I will be checking up. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inspiring???? You are an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 5/6 grade team (most of them already 11 years old) is closer in age to 91 2020 Crush then to 91 2021 Heat or any other 2021 team. When Igloo beats top teams that are similar age to them it will be nice but still not "inspiring".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is comical. You know ALL the ages of all teams on Team 91 and Igloo? I would like to see your spreadsheet too!! All these negative comments on 10/11 year old kids is disturbing. Why not just watch and talk about some good lacrosse instead of bantering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can one of you send me a reminder when my sons birthday is, hes the middle of 3, born 2003 ... thanks guys.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard