BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,269
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What a fantastic and exciting championship game. Congratulations to Heros for the win and M&D for a well played game. Heros up 4-0 early. M&D battled back and forced OT. Couldn’t have asked for a better finish to the season. Good luck to Heros in the National championship to win it for the mid Atlantic.

Agree! A great matchup with two competitive and athletic teams. Can Hero’s win the repeat natty? We will find out next weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a fantastic and exciting championship game. Congratulations to Heros for the win and M&D for a well played game. Heros up 4-0 early. M&D battled back and forced OT. Couldn’t have asked for a better finish to the season. Good luck to Heros in the National championship to win it for the mid Atlantic.

Agree! A great matchup with two competitive and athletic teams. Can Hero’s win the repeat natty? We will find out next weekend.

I think they do. Someone said it before but, we should appreciate the level of talent in the 29 mid atlantic class. Heros wins semis and finals 7-6 to two great teams in Coppermine and Heros.

Both games I watched kids hugging and congratulating each other. There is tremendous respect from the girls toward each other. Pretty awesome to see.

Good luck to heros next weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the rumors??? Which coaches are gone, what girls are moving, and the like? 🍿

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the rumors??? Which coaches are gone, what girls are moving, and the like? 🍿

Season isn’t even over yet…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meh, rumor season already started. Let’s hear em!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 5 best players on the best teams are going to teams in the B division. fool

Still got 20-25 games left, I’d wait on spreading rumors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, ok fool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 5 best players on the best teams are going to teams in the B division. fool

Still got 20-25 games left, I’d wait on spreading rumors.

I heard those girls made a super team, held them all back and entered the 30 B division. Has to be the same rumor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they do. Someone said it before but, we should appreciate the level of talent in the 29 mid atlantic class. Heros wins semis and finals 7-6 to two great teams in Coppermine and Heros.

Both games I watched kids hugging and congratulating each other. There is tremendous respect from the girls toward each other. Pretty awesome to see.

Good luck to heros next weekend!
Look out for 91..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros, NXT or 91 in that order can win it all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tradition has lost to multiple teams and yet is still ranked higher than those teams 🤔
Tradition has lost to multiple teams and yet is still ranked higher than those teams 🤔

Said it once (well several times) and I’ll say it again. The rankings heavily favored LI teams this fall. And it’s run out of LI. It’s a joke! But not surprising.

The 3 best teams are in Maryland. And are 1,7,9 and should be 1,2,3.

The rankings are ratings/rankings are average goal differential plus average opponent strength score. The bias you speak of is not in that equation.

In the fall, there are not enough common opponents between the regions, therefore, the system has to imply a strength rating to the "top" teams in LI. The system clearly gave them a higher strength rating this fall then they deserved. It will all work out by end of summer once there are more common opponents. I.e. once LI decides to travel south to play mid Atlantic teams.
What if the long island team wins the NGLL??

They won't
But what if..

To whomever was posting about the LI team, this didn't age well. Per the brackets, highest they could place will be 3rd.
Curios to see the Heroes/NXT score. IMO, Hero's and M&D black are best teams at this age level across all of the regions, hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said it once (well several times) and I’ll say it again. The rankings heavily favored LI teams this fall. And it’s run out of LI. It’s a joke! But not surprising.

The 3 best teams are in Maryland. And are 1,7,9 and should be 1,2,3.

The rankings are ratings/rankings are average goal differential plus average opponent strength score. The bias you speak of is not in that equation.

In the fall, there are not enough common opponents between the regions, therefore, the system has to imply a strength rating to the "top" teams in LI. The system clearly gave them a higher strength rating this fall then they deserved. It will all work out by end of summer once there are more common opponents. I.e. once LI decides to travel south to play mid Atlantic teams.
What if the long island team wins the NGLL??

They won't
But what if..

To whomever was posting about the LI team, this didn't age well. Per the brackets, highest they could place will be 3rd.
Curios to see the Heroes/NXT score. IMO, Hero's and M&D black are best teams at this age level across all of the regions, hands down.

Heros by 5 at least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Heros! Well deserved win in the NGLL National Championship.

Shifting gears. For those of you who tried out for AS. How did it go? Thoughts on overall process?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shifting gears. For those of you who tried out for AS. How did it go? Thoughts on overall process?

It was long (too long) and honestly there were some of the best players in the '29 mid Atlantic that didn't get a call back. Really shocking. Started with 80-90 kids called back maybe 50. I know they are independent evaluators but, in this format, I am not sure the best team will be representing Maryland. Someone who knows the Maryland teams well, I can say they missed badly on some of the girls they let go home at call backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a valuable experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a valuable experience

You fail to give detail why....geee....did LittleSuzy not make it through first cuts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was long (too long) and honestly there were some of the best players in the '29 mid Atlantic that didn't get a call back. Really shocking. Started with 80-90 kids called back maybe 50. I know they are independent evaluators but, in this format, I am not sure the best team will be representing Maryland. Someone who knows the Maryland teams well, I can say they missed badly on some of the girls they let go home at call backs.
i thought team was not announced yet? are you saying that the ones dismissed early are cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
= Parent who calls club director every week to "catch up"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i thought team was not announced yet? are you saying that the ones dismissed early are cut?

Yes, that’s how these usually go based one experience with my older kids. Usually the kids they call back are those who made the first “cut”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
= Parent who calls club director every week to "catch up"

Can you give us more specifics or at least tell us the club smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The experience is not the tryouts, it is the tournament, and it should be epic judging by the other rosters. Looking at the talent that participated, both MD teams should be strong. No clue if they do A/B, or even teams, but a lot of talent to go around. Yes, there were a few girls who got cut that are amazing players, but the ones at the end are excellent for sure. There was one coppermine and one m&d that got cut that are amazing players and it was a raw deal. Teams should be a lot of heros green, some m&d, some coppermine, with sprinkles of integrity, mdu, and blc, maybe a SW or two. Only two goalies showed up, but they both played awesome, so teams should be set to compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The experience is not the tryouts, it is the tournament, and it should be epic judging by the other rosters. Looking at the talent that participated, both MD teams should be strong. No clue if they do A/B, or even teams, but a lot of talent to go around. Yes, there were a few girls who got cut that are amazing players, but the ones at the end are excellent for sure. There was one coppermine and one m&d that got cut that are amazing players and it was a raw deal. Teams should be a lot of heros green, some m&d, some coppermine, with sprinkles of integrity, mdu, and blc, maybe a SW or two. Only two goalies showed up, but they both played awesome, so teams should be set to compete.

I agree with this statement. All the m&d (3) and Coppermine (3) girls that didn’t make call backs are very good players. The Coppermine girls shocked me. Arguably their top 2 players got sent home. Heros and M&D both had 9 girls make call backs. Which isn’t surprising given both teams had excellent seasons. It will be interesting to see how the teams shake out. Any girl that attended tryouts could have made another regional team. The talent level in Maryland is unmatched.

If your DD doesn’t make it there is nothing to hang their head about. There are several hundred NGLL club girls alone at this age in MD. To take a chance and put yourself out there against great competition is something to be proud of. Hopefully, when the teams are announced, this board remembers these are 13 year old girls. This isn’t the end of their journey regardless of the outcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, Hero's and M&D black are best teams at this age level across all of the regions, hands down.

Hands down? M&D has 1 win in its last 6 matchups with Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UGH! Enough...tell me your a Coppermine parent without telling me your a Coppermine parent. Your team dads are all over this forum posting and replying and starting drama. Let it go. Start your own back of the cage where you can talk about how great Coppermine is. No one cares here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, Hero's and M&D black are best teams at this age level across all of the regions, hands down.

Coppermine is an excellent team and all 3 are arguably the top 3 in the country with NXT right there with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is so much talent in MD and it showed as expected at MS tryouts. Defense had the largest number of participants with midfielders very close. 2 of the coppermine players cut were midfielders and the 3rd was a defender. One of the M&D players cut was also a midfielder. M&D also had an attacker and a defender cut. This makes sense considering the representation of each group. Yes, the coppermine and M&D midfielders who were cut are good but it was very competitive and the ones who made the cut are no less deserving just because they don’t play for coppermine or M&D.

And coppermine had several girls make the cut, some were midfielders who are extremely talented and deserving to make the cut. There is a ton of talent on that team but it’s wrong to say that the top 2 players didn’t make the team. Who determined who their top 2 players are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is so much talent in MD and it showed as expected at MS tryouts. Defense had the largest number of participants with midfielders very close. 2 of the coppermine players cut were midfielders and the 3rd was a defender. One of the M&D players cut was also a midfielder. M&D also had an attacker and a defender cut. This makes sense considering the representation of each group. Yes, the coppermine and M&D midfielders who were cut are good but it was very competitive and the ones who made the cut are no less deserving just because they don’t play for coppermine or M&D.

And coppermine had several girls make the cut, some were midfielders who are extremely talented and deserving to make the cut. There is a ton of talent on that team but it’s wrong to say that the top 2 players didn’t make the team. Who determined who their top 2 players are?

The OP said "arguably" the top 2. So just their opinion. However, you are absolutely correct about the talent that showed up. Those who made the call back were well deserving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this statement. All the m&d (3) and Coppermine (3) girls that didn’t make call backs are very good players. The Coppermine girls shocked me. Arguably their top 2 players got sent home. Heros and M&D both had 9 girls make call backs. Which isn’t surprising given both teams had excellent seasons. It will be interesting to see how the teams shake out. Any girl that attended tryouts could have made another regional team. The talent level in Maryland is unmatched.

If your DD doesn’t make it there is nothing to hang their head about. There are several hundred NGLL club girls alone at this age in MD. To take a chance and put yourself out there against great competition is something to be proud of. Hopefully, when the teams are announced, this board remembers these are 13 year old girls. This isn’t the end of their journey regardless of the outcome.

Emails have came out! Congrats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UGH! Enough...tell me your a Coppermine parent without telling me your a Coppermine parent. Your team dads are all over this forum posting and replying and starting drama. Let it go. Start your own back of the cage where you can talk about how great Coppermine is. No one cares here.

You seem well adjusted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine determines who the top girls are? You didn't know? They know who the best team is (Coppermine) and who the top girls are on Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine is an excellent team and all 3 are arguably the top 3 in the country with NXT right there with them.

Coppermine and its parents are a blemish on the rear of lacrosse in this area. How long before kids and parents realize their kids won’t get recruited because Coppermine has no relationships, where is Jeanine Tucker that they trotted around like the second coming?! She’s nowhere to be seen, probably enjoying a drink in Virginia Beach or wherever she is with not a care in the world. Their 28 team could not beat Crush to repeat as Natty winners - 29 program is a ticking time bomb while parents enjoy their over priced drinks at Valley Inn

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #440406 Yesterday at 09:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another dad that thinks he knows how recruiting works. Coppermine players that are good will be fine. Sw players will be fine now that Michael has passed. Programs that have good players find homes all the time. It’s not about a person calling a school and getting a player there. Good luck to your daughter at whatever club she is at. And the Valley Inn is awesome !

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #440407 Yesterday at 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha - yeah I'm sure college coaches won't recruit top players on one of the most competitive teams in the country. That makes a lot of sense.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #440409 Yesterday at 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine and its parents are a blemish on the rear of lacrosse in this area. How long before kids and parents realize their kids won’t get recruited because Coppermine has no relationships, where is Jeanine Tucker that they trotted around like the second coming?! She’s nowhere to be seen, probably enjoying a drink in Virginia Beach or wherever she is with not a care in the world. Their 28 team could not beat Crush to repeat as Natty winners - 29 program is a ticking time bomb while parents enjoy their over priced drinks at Valley Inn
Oh my god- are you ok?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #440428 Yesterday at 11:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just stop all the Valley Inn detest? I mean, really, who doesn't want to enjoy a refreshing orange crush on a beautiful day outside? And their lobster burrito is absurd. #nohate #preppypeoplehavefeelingstoo

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #440431 Yesterday at 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the thing....some of these clubs only care about getting you recruited and not necessarily if it is the right fit for the player. My daughter did not play for a "top" team and had no problem being recruited - it's about putting yourself out there and not depending 100% on the club - your daughter has to do the work and find out where SHE wants to go. Coppermine is doing all the right things by getting their name out there to ALOT of facilities. Parents are too hung up on the word "best" - it is really irrelevant

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #440465 Yesterday at 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the thing....some of these clubs only care about getting you recruited and not necessarily if it is the right fit for the player. My daughter did not play for a "top" team and had no problem being recruited - it's about putting yourself out there and not depending 100% on the club - your daughter has to do the work and find out where SHE wants to go. Coppermine is doing all the right things by getting their name out there to ALOT of facilities. Parents are too hung up on the word "best" - it is really irrelevant
Yes this!
also to this - "Coppermine and its parents are a blemish on the rear of lacrosse in this area. How long before kids and parents realize their kids won’t get recruited because Coppermine has no relationships, where is Jeanine Tucker that they trotted around like the second coming?! She’s nowhere to be seen, probably enjoying a drink in Virginia Beach or wherever she is with not a care in the world. Their 28 team could not beat Crush to repeat as Natty winners - 29 program is a ticking time bomb while parents enjoy their over priced drinks at Valley Inn"
Ok King Richard - Are you one of the losers that's talking about recruitment for college regarding 7th grade girls. You all tend to crop up here from time to time. What a joke. Your poor daughter. And poor you. i would seek professional help like yesterday to manage this sentiment and goal you have towards youth lacrosse and what it will bring YOU. Good luck with that. It is truly parents like YOU on ANY team that is the blemish to "lacrosse in the area" and quite frankly youth sports all over..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #440471 Yesterday at 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes this!
also to this - "Coppermine and its parents are a blemish on the rear of lacrosse in this area. How long before kids and parents realize their kids won’t get recruited because Coppermine has no relationships, where is Jeanine Tucker that they trotted around like the second coming?! She’s nowhere to be seen, probably enjoying a drink in Virginia Beach or wherever she is with not a care in the world. Their 28 team could not beat Crush to repeat as Natty winners - 29 program is a ticking time bomb while parents enjoy their over priced drinks at Valley Inn"
Ok King Richard - Are you one of the losers that's talking about recruitment for college regarding 7th grade girls. You all tend to crop up here from time to time. What a joke. Your poor daughter. And poor you. i would seek professional help like yesterday to manage this sentiment and goal you have towards youth lacrosse and what it will bring YOU. Good luck with that. It is truly parents like YOU on ANY team that is the blemish to "lacrosse in the area" and quite frankly youth sports all over..

Maybe the moderator will let me post go through this time.

This is really a shame that the boards are filled with people putting down 13 year old girls. Coppermine is a great program. So is heros and M&D. These girls are in 7th grade and the goal is to ensure they love the game and it is fun. Too many girls, especially in MD, are burned out way too early because the game becomes more than it is, it’s just a game. It should be fun!

To the girls who made AS. Congratulations! To the girls who didn’t, it’s not the end of your journey. I know some people don’t realize this but no one will ever care about who made the 7th grade team. Or who made red versus yellow. Keep your DD working hard and having fun! Just hope she loves the game enough to continue to play in high school. Don’t ruin it because you are trying to make the journey a job.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #440472 Yesterday at 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are AS rosters posted anywhere? Congrats to the girls who made the teams - should be a fun experience.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #440478 Yesterday at 10:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just stop all the Valley Inn detest? I mean, really, who doesn't want to enjoy a refreshing orange crush on a beautiful day outside? And their lobster burrito is absurd. #nohate #preppypeoplehavefeelingstoo

I think you’re one of my people. See ya on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard