BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,212
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 82 1 2 79 80 81 82
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Saint Joe’s prep for winning the Central league last night.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Joe’s Prep just beat Marple, the #1 team in the country, according to Dads on this forum
Guess it’s Downingtown Easts world now 😂😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to Saint Joe’s prep for winning the Central league last night.

How’d they do against Springfield this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Joe’s Prep just beat Marple, the #1 team in the country, according to Dads on this forum
Guess it’s Downingtown Easts world now 😂😂

I don’t think you Guys understand, DEast put a 22 burger on Sun Valley, clearly a juggernaut. They should be lauded for that schedule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sun Valley is known as the Lawrenceville of Monroe County

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m am looking at the NXT ratings on Philly lacrosse dot com. 7 out of the top 15 teams has a majority of players who are post grad or post grad age on their team. Of those, the “juniors” are also senior age or older. This is a joke. How do the normal teams compete with this. If your son is turning 19 his senior year, he should not be allowed to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m am looking at the NXT ratings on Philly lacrosse dot com. 7 out of the top 15 teams has a majority of players who are post grad or post grad age on their team. Of those, the “juniors” are also senior age or older. This is a joke. How do the normal teams compete with this. If your son is turning 19 his senior year, he should not be allowed to play.

The rule is if you turn 19 after September 1st you are eligible to play. that is PIAA and Inter-Ac rule. And not sure what you mean by "majority". Most of those teams may have 4-5 kids that would turn 19 their senior year. And that would be on the high side of players. Most reclass kids are late spring, early summer so will turn 19 after the season. There are the exceptions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you provide a reference source for 7 out of 15 teams comment. How do you know this on age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading scorers for #1 and #2 teams just turned 18. Nice try. Still trying to rationalize why you are too cheap to invest in your son’s future I see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top 5 haverford, saliesanums, lasalle, malvern, marple

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you provide a reference source for 7 out of 15 teams comment. How do you know this on age?

I assume is stating the Inter-Ac schools, ANC, and Sals - any school that you can reclass at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marple does have losses to Garnet Valley and St Joe's Prep, even with a win over Radnor, I would think they would get knocked back in the rankings. Phillylacrosse.com rankings look pretty accurate:
1) Haverford School
2) Malvern Prep
3) Sallies
4) LaSalle
5) Radnor
6) Springfield
7) EA
8) SCH
9) Hill School (not much intel on them)
10) SJP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got to give props to the accurate Saliesanium or Marple dad,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You left DEast off your list…so you’re obviosly reasonable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t get it, they obviously can’t be that bad, you can only play the teams on your schedule, correct? Sure they have some close games but doesn’t everyone at this point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Credit to them for sure, yes. But they are not one of the top teams in PIAA, which some Dad on here is desperate for you to believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t get it, they obviously can’t be that bad, you can only play the teams on your schedule, correct? Sure they have some close games but doesn’t everyone at this point?

Not the toughest schedule but probably better then every team in the PIAA D1 with the exception of Radnor, Springfield, and Marple. I think LaSalle and St. Joe's are better but no shame in an undefeated record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got to give props to the accurate Saliesanium or Marple dad,

Leave the Sallies dad's alone. This forum needs at least a few folks who can spell the school name correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the toughest schedule but probably better then every team in the PIAA D1 with the exception of Radnor, Springfield, and Marple. I think LaSalle and St. Joe's are better but no shame in an undefeated record.

That schedule is really bad. D East usually plays Springfield in non-conference, not sure why Springfield played D West this year instead. The rankings with a strength of schedule included in it (similar to the old Laxpower.com website is laxnumbers.com. They have Downingtown East at #18 in Pennsylvania (which is privates and publics included). If you take out the private schools from the rankings, it looks like they are 10th, with Radnor being #1, Springfield at #2 and Marple at #3.

https://laxnumbers.com/ratings.php?y=2024&v=3453

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

That schedule is really bad. D East usually plays Springfield in non-conference, not sure why Springfield played D West this year instead. The rankings with a strength of schedule included in it (similar to the old Laxpower.com website is laxnumbers.com. They have Downingtown East at #18 in Pennsylvania (which is privates and publics included). If you take out the private schools from the rankings, it looks like they are 10th, with Radnor being #1, Springfield at #2 and Marple at #3.

https://laxnumbers.com/ratings.php?y=2024&v=3453[/quote]

TO be technical, I meant D East would be 10th in their PIAA Rankings (obviously some of those PIAA teams are private schools)...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

https://laxnumbers.com/ratings.php?y=2024&v=3453

TO be technical, I meant D East would be 10th in their PIAA Rankings (obviously some of those PIAA teams are private schools)...[/quote]

An algorithm never put a championship ring on anyone’s finger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://laxnumbers.com/ratings.php?y=2024&v=3453[/quote]

TO be technical, I meant D East would be 10th in their PIAA Rankings (obviously some of those PIAA teams are private schools)...[/quote]

An algorithm never put a championship ring on anyone’s finger.[/quote]

Who determines/chooses a teams schedule, the coach or the AD?

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 updated tie Fords and Salliesanum, LaSalle, Marple, Malvern. Malvern chance to advance if they beat Salliesanum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Marple lose to GV and Prep?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kharma is a Bi*#h ANC…maybe stop trying to injure local players and good things will happen to you again. Until then: Westtown are
champs!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prep beat Roman 31-2 ?!? Is there some bad blood there for some reason? I get that they are somewhat close in geographic proximity but are they really rivals? Seriously... After getting up by 25 goals or so maybe call off the dogs. Bad look for the coaching staff to keep pouring it on, particularly against an inner-city school like Roman where I'd be willing to bet 99% of the kids never played prior to high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prep beat Roman 31-2 ?!? Is there some bad blood there for some reason? I get that they are somewhat close in geographic proximity but are they really rivals? Seriously... After getting up by 25 goals or so maybe call off the dogs. Bad look for the coaching staff to keep pouring it on, particularly against an inner-city school like Roman where I'd be willing to bet 99% of the kids never played prior to high school.

I agree. That is ridiculous. That is more embarrassing for SJP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classless Prep as usual..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANC has no depth and 4 injured players; that’s Westtown’s only chance to win the FSL, congrats!
First win in 10yrs and you jump on this forum? Lolol
Ask your coach why he left his last job #stealing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update tie between LaSalle and Fords, Malvern, Salliesanum, Marple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern beats St Ants, loses to Haverford twice. Haverford beats Malvern twice, loses to St Ants.
Malvern beats Salesianum.
Lasalle up 5-0 on Radnor, wins 9-8 In 3OT
HS lax is wild and I’m all for it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if anyone would let his/her child play at Temple University. My daughter was recruited there and got a good amount of money. I hear great things about the school and the coach, but I am concerned about the reports of increased crime especially in North Philly. Would like any insights you can provide. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what anybody else things. It's your daughter, not ours. This board is filled with bozo's (I mean that in the nicest way possible).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if anyone would let his/her child play at Temple University. My daughter was recruited there and got a good amount of money. I hear great things about the school and the coach, but I am concerned about the reports of increased crime especially in North Philly. Would like any insights you can provide. Thanks
That's a tough one. Bonnie Rosen is a great coach and a great person. The neighborhood is not the best and has gotten worse over the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those boys from jersey are gonna get birddog'd in round 1. let's go boys!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a tough one. Bonnie Rosen is a great coach and a great person. The neighborhood is not the best and has gotten worse over the last few years.

It definitely has gotten worse but Temple's numbers are not down for admissions. And everyone I know who's kid goes there, loves and feels fine on campus. If your daughter loves it, the coach loves her go for it. And Congrats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH ‘31 100
Jersey Express 0

You heard it here first

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It definitely has gotten worse but Temple's numbers are not down for admissions. And everyone I know who's kid goes there, loves and feels fine on campus. If your daughter loves it, the coach loves her go for it. And Congrats!
Agree on the feedback on the campus and congratulations. Temple's enrollment is down 22% from fall 2019 to fall 2023. It is still a nice size school. They have a very strong campus police department which does a nice job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is anybody looking for college advice from this guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is anybody looking for college advice from this guy?

Unlikely this is BM chippin 2031 laxers.

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 82 1 2 79 80 81 82
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard