BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 72 1 2 69 70 71 72
Re: (NA) Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a either or situation.Nike had hundreds of colleges there for the rising junior.That was good for my boys. At Nike colleges watch the Colsy, Millions and best players so it gets eyes on.Was impressed with level of play at Nike. Team approach made it different from other situations. But there are other summer tournaments, showcases, prospect days. NB my guys didnt do but no detest. Friends kids did do and they had ok. There is value in what is done and in number of events. But limited summer weeks. Cant do it all and who could would be a fortune. Hope this helps and dont listen to detesters. If colleges see your kids why not, hope this experience helps.

Thank you for the insight. Did your sons play for LE or elsewhere?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do guys think of New Balance All America team/tryouts over Nike? Nike seems basically all Leading Edge. The New Balance isn't as blatant but seems mostly BBL and Tri-State. IF you aren't on either of those clubs are you wasting your time and money?
My son was on the Highlight team going into his Junior year - but we skipped the tryouts last year when it became New Balance. He was already recruited D1 and we opted to save our money. If you son is going into his Junior year it might be worth a look - but the same coaches will be at all the summer tournaments.

Thanks for story. My kid did both. Nike was much better. More recruiting coaches. Better time on calendar. And played against best from across country. Worked for us. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the New Balance tryouts this weekend. Great turnout from a ton of different clubs - BBL, LE, MadDog, Tri-state, Patriot, 2Knights, etc. Checked last year's roster - less than half of the kids who made the team were BBL.

Spoke to some folks that attended the Nike tryouts. Sounds like it was just a Leading Edge practice for the most part. Very few non-LE kids there.

If you're LE, I'm sure the Nike experience will be fun. If you're not an LE family, New Balance appears the way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the New Balance tryouts this weekend. Great turnout from a ton of different clubs - BBL, LE, MadDog, Tri-state, Patriot, 2Knights, etc. Checked last year's roster - less than half of the kids who made the team were BBL.

Spoke to some folks that attended the Nike tryouts. Sounds like it was just a Leading Edge practice for the most part. Very few non-LE kids there.

If you're LE, I'm sure the Nike experience will be fun. If you're not an LE family, New Balance appears the way to go.

The Nike will be Leading Edge. That is a NLF tournament basiclly. I am sure they hope non-leading edge kids show to tryout because 2026 is not their strongest class. Towermen waters down edge and bbl a bit in 2026. New balance wil be mainly bbl and towermen because they are coaching 2026. Tri state had coahes there as well so they will have representation for nj. They will also probably have atleast one player from some of these nj clubs; mad dog, riot, 2 knights, brotherhood if enough players from those nj clubs attended yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just checked the BS recruiting page, looked pretty good.
Not on the level of LE certainly, but there were some pretty good schools there.

Do 3d kids get recruited well, I couldn’t find a commitment page.

How does tristate generally do, I thought they placed kids pretty well.

My experience is that tri-state and BBL do very well with commitments, maybe a slight edge to tri-state, but certainly no downside to playing for BBL vs, tri-state. Not a LE fan, but they do have the best results in NJ. 3D is a newer program in NJ, so probably not a long track record locally, but their New England and National teams have been consistently strong.

3d Nj is coming into their own in Nj. In 25 they have better commits than Tri State in 25 class so far and are behind BBL and LE 25 class obviously. But not bad as #3 in 2025 to date.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair.However, if there was a scrimmage score would be Nike 30 NB 3 right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2026 would depend if BBL and Towermen players are on Nike LE team again? If not, it would be close. LE will get all their producers on team but bbl and towermen don’t push their top players to play new balance. Wish LE had the guts to play NJ.com teams in regular tournaments so we don’t have to pen these silly threads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha. I love the [Censored] talk. There's actually LE kids on the NB teams too. If you take top BBL, Towermen, Tri-state, AND LE kids they are much stronger than a LE-only team. NB is the closest thing we have to a true All-NJ team. Last year an LE kid was the MVP of the NB senior game and there were other top LE kids on the team too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL players makes sense to do. Risiing juniors 200 colleges in attendance, NLF all stars there. Chance to be seen and play against the best. On the level of top showcase of summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha. I love the [Censored] talk. There's actually LE kids on the NB teams too. If you take top BBL, Towermen, Tri-state, AND LE kids they are much stronger than a LE-only team. NB is the closest thing we have to a true All-NJ team. Last year an LE kid was the MVP of the NB senior game and there were other top LE kids on the team too.

Trying to positive. Last year at least in 2025 it was kids who couldn’t make nike at the other one. For the senior game both are good. But Nike is the superior event if comparing. Not sure what happened but Nike closed this debate years ago.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the tryout calendar the CR infomercial is complete, back to our original programming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noticed some of the better names in 2026 that were on the NB team last year not there this year. From what I am hearing they didn't tryout.. wondering if they went to Nike tryout or what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noticed some of the better names in 2026 that were on the NB team last year not there this year. From what I am hearing they didn't tryout.. wondering if they went to Nike tryout or what

Maybe if Nike would post who made their teams we would know.

NB invitiees were notified last Tuesday morning. Almost a week later and still no Nike?

If the tryouts were the only factor in determining the teams, you'd think Nike would be able to post within a day or two.

If it takes over a week to post the results, you have to wonder what other factors are involved in the decision making process.

Like Reply Quote
Page 71 of 72 1 2 69 70 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard