BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,959
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 72 of 220 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is TV the only town in Suffolk who has players?

1st time @ TG. Thought there was plenty of talent trying out. They can't all be from TV.

May you are watching too much TV.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am no genius but I assume they seem cliquey because they live in the same town, their kids have played together since 2nd grade...etc...I also assume they are on the black team because they have some lacrosse talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a TV parent and I can tell you at least from the 2021 class tryouts we had about 7 girls there. Can't speak to the other age groups. There are plenty of excellent lax players throughout the whole island which is why we have so many trainers and travel teams making money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
cliquey....if you did not have TV kids you would not win .

That's funny, they won for a few years before the 3V invasion. They actually looked weaker and less competitive against the top teams this past year than ever before. Some of the girls are very skilled, do you really believe that that many girls from one town really outshine the rest of the girls from the island? It is some political connection that has them there, which in the end is very bad for team chemistry, at least for the girls not from 3V.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I believe team was more competitive 2 years ago then it was last year. too many from 1 town never a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a 3V parent and someone is definitely stirring the pot. First of all, we never refer to ourselves as "TV" which is a huge clue someone else posted that. Secondly, we would never post something so obnoxious. Our wins were due to a team effort by all the girls on the team. Do not get sucked in by these post and i can assure you there is no connection to the Smith family. Each year the girls have to try out for their spots. Keep in mind that there are other 3V girls that have tried out in the past and made white or purple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the YJ how many of those girls are from Mt.Sinai? They must be all good players to make the top teams for TG & YJ seems like someone is very unhappy about their little darling not making it on Black. There are lot of good girls lax programs out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a 3V parent and someone is definitely stirring the pot. First of all, we never refer to ourselves as "TV" which is a huge clue someone else posted that. Secondly, we would never post something so obnoxious. Our wins were due to a team effort by all the girls on the team. Do not get sucked in by these post and i can assure you there is no connection to the Smith family. Each year the girls have to try out for their spots. Keep in mind that there are other 3V girls that have tried out in the past and made white or purple.

When did 3V become such a hotbed for girls lacrosse? Their so called best player ever went onto a very average 4 years at ND .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that is why you are a "tool" and you really just do not see the big picture in this whole lacrosse world....if my lacrosse skills somehow got me into ND and I got a degree from ND man I would be pretty happy. Maybe you do not know how difficult a college ND is to get into. The top 25% of kids accepted into ND have at least a combined SAT score (for critical reading & Math) of 1520 out of 1600. To any sane parent, getting their daughter into a school with academic standards as high as ND because they play lacrosse would be fantastic...and you are worried about "my town is better than your town" [lacrosse]...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When did 3V become such a hotbed for girls lacrosse? Their so called best player ever went onto a very average 4 years at ND .

That's a ridiculous statement. Please don't turn this into a 3V thread...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey does anyone know how the teams will be made up this year either by grade or grade and birthdate I just saw a post for title 9 lacrosse and it said current fifth graders born after aug 1st 2002 would be 2021. My daughter just tried out for 2020 based on her grade but her birthdate would qualify her as 2021. Can she still play on 2020 or will they change that? Anyone with any information on this topic it would be greatly appreciated. What will happen now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they expect a large turnout for their new teams for 2021? My daughter plans on trying out for this group and I am hoping its very competitive. Do they expect a smaller turnout because of the East Meadow soccer tournament?

I would expect them to easily field two teams at that age as they have in the past. This years 2020 group was very good but started out with many players who were on black 2019 the year before as well as some purple players. For this year I think there are several kids who played up a year, who will be sliding down to their own age. Several players played up for the purple team who should have a decent shot at black and I think there was one player on black 2020 who will be moving to 2021. All that said, the talent always seems to show up for this club for the first year. The TG may not host 5 teams for the age group, but they will put together a competitive black team.

Lots of movement from 2020 Black few from that team going over to YJ. Team tired one or two players going to goal mentality and real tired of the Huntington loud mouth daddys who just never shut up!

I'm pretty sure close to all the 2020 black girls were at try-outs! Therefore, not the huge
movement to YJ you seemed to think was going to happen! Also seemed to be some other girls with talent! Should only make that team better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would take ND in a heartbeat. Who ever is getting all over the TV girls have no clue. Thses girls work and train during the winter and not with TG. They are a good bunch of girls that love the sport and happen to be pretty good at it as well. You would love to have thses girls on your team because they would bring a new level that your kid is not used to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey does anyone know how the teams will be made up this year either by grade or grade and birthdate I just saw a post for title 9 lacrosse and it said current fifth graders born after aug 1st 2002 would be 2021. My daughter just tried out for 2020 based on her grade but her birthdate would qualify her as 2021. Can she still play on 2020 or will they change that? Anyone with any information on this topic it would be greatly appreciated. What will happen now?

TG fields teams by graduation year not birthdate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would actually be better if all LI clubs went by birthdate (like soccer and softball do) rather than graduation year as it would put us on equal terms with the MD clubs.
I mentioned this previously but it still annoys me, but not as much as the MD parents and their holier than thou attitude that made me actually root for the YJ against M&D Black!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would take ND in a heartbeat. Who ever is getting all over the TV girls have no clue. Thses girls work and train during the winter and not with TG. They are a good bunch of girls that love the sport and happen to be pretty good at it as well. You would love to have thses girls on your team because they would bring a new level that your kid is not used to.

Agreed, ND is a great school and if lax got her there, good for her.I would have to say that probably 90% of the girls on all these higher level club teams train hard over the winter. Someone complained they don't like the chemistry of the team because it was one town heavy, you can't then tell them and everyone else that they would love this to happen to their team. People seem to feel the girls are clique -y (I can't spell it either). Who would love to be left out of a clique? The cliques happen on many teams, not just town overloads. If it just a clique that exists off field, who cares, but often these things find their way on to the field, looking for each other, looking other girls away. That's where a good coach needs to recognize and step in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would actually be better if all LI clubs went by birthdate (like soccer and softball do) rather than graduation year as it would put us on equal terms with the MD clubs.
I mentioned this previously but it still annoys me, but not as much as the MD parents and their holier than thou attitude that made me actually root for the YJ against M&D Black!

I think US Lacrosse passed a rule that all youth lacrosse should go by birthdates similar to soccer two years ago. Problem with going by birthdates doesn't work for the college coaches. When they go to a game to recruit they want to know that every player they are watching will graduate in the same year so they can fill spots that they have opening on thier rosters.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think US Lacrosse passed a rule that all youth lacrosse should go by birthdates similar to soccer two years ago. Problem with going by birthdates doesn't work for the college coaches. When they go to a game to recruit they want to know that every player they are watching will graduate in the same year so they can fill spots that they have opening on thier rosters.
When BOTC had our meetings with US Lacrosse about ten days back, their representatives were emphatic that they have made it clear to all of the regional members that birth date based groupings (U-age groups) are what has been recommended. To some extent, US Lacrosse was surprised that we even raised the issue since this discussion is already closed from their perspective.

Clubs that are not following the U-age model are not in step with what US Lacrosse has specifically recommended.

We also asked US Lacrosse representatives why they have gone to a 24-month age group window as opposed to mandating 12-month windows. BOTC was told that the New [lacrosse]/East Coach area could easily support a 12-month windows (every age group) however with the growth of the game limited in other areas of the country, using a 24-month window allows for the creation of more teams and tournaments elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stir the pot some more... Keep Hating. You are a fool.

Here is what "Average" looks like.

At Notre Dame

Four Year Starter.
Three Time All American.
Two Time Captain.

finished her career at Notre Dame:

first in games played (77), second in goals (162), seventh in points (188), fifth in ground balls (137), first in draw controls (165) and second in caused turnovers (113) ... selected to the preseason Tewaaraton Trophy Watch List.

Go back under the rock that you crawled out from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stir the pot some more... Keep Hating. You are a fool.

Here is what "Average" looks like.

At Notre Dame

Four Year Starter.
Three Time All American.
Two Time Captain.

finished her career at Notre Dame:

first in games played (77), second in goals (162), seventh in points (188), fifth in ground balls (137), first in draw controls (165) and second in caused turnovers (113) ... selected to the preseason Tewaaraton Trophy Watch List.

Go back under the rock that you crawled out from.

After reading your reply I wonder if the original poster was being sarcastic or is really just a moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
When BOTC had our meetings with US Lacrosse about ten days back, their representatives were emphatic that they have made it clear to all of the regional members that birth date based groupings (U-age groups) are what has been recommended. To some extent, US Lacrosse was surprised that we even raised the issue since this discussion is already closed from their perspective.

Clubs that are not following the U-age model are not in step with what US Lacrosse has specifically recommended.

We also asked US Lacrosse representatives why they have gone to a 24-month age group window as opposed to mandating 12-month windows. BOTC was told that the New [lacrosse]/East Coach area could easily support a 12-month windows (every age group) however with the growth of the game limited in other areas of the country, using a 24-month window allows for the creation of more teams and tournaments elsewhere.

So, graduation year would be more likely to pit like age girls against one and other than what US Lax is proposing? US Lax cosistently baffles me with some of their actions/inaction.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So, graduation year would be more likely to pit like age girls against one and other than what US Lax is proposing? US Lax cosistently baffles me with some of their actions/inaction.
US Lacrosse has been explicitly clear that they want tournaments and teams organized around U-age groups and has issued specific guidelines on the construction of those age groups for U/11, U/13, and U/15.

Graduation year and school grades are both EXACTLY what US Lacrosse wants to avoid. This will expunge all of the hold-back and left-back discussions and move to a birth date system. US Lacrosse wants the entire universe to move to birth date validation. College recruitment, showcases, and all related events sanctioned by US Lacrosse will be moving to this model.

To further underscore this point, US Lacrosse has told BOTC that all new player registrations will include birth date. This is precisely why US Lacrosse continues to press High School (Varsity/Junior Varsity) students to have their US Lacrosse registrations remain current.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
US Lacrosse has been explicitly clear that they want tournaments and teams organized around U-age groups and has issued specific guidelines on the construction of those age groups for U/11, U/13, and U/15.

Graduation year and school grades are both EXACTLY what US Lacrosse wants to avoid. This will expunge all of the hold-back and left-back discussions and move to a birth date system. US Lacrosse wants the entire universe to move to birth date validation. College recruitment, showcases, and all related events sanctioned by US Lacrosse will be moving to this model.

To further underscore this point, US Lacrosse has told BOTC that all new player registrations will include birth date. This is precisely why US Lacrosse continues to press High School (Varsity/Junior Varsity) students to have their US Lacrosse registrations remain current.

One problem is on Long Island NCPAL does not want to go to the U age system

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure as it extinguishes the hold back left back conversation it promotes a 24 month age gap.

At town and local tournaments this could be fine; but at top level tournaments this is a bigger issue. An issue that should not be, I cant believe that a team from Texas/Utah/Kentucky/Florida that currently fields a team wouldn't field a team if they kept it at a 12 month range. We all know that is false.

Instead these teams will be loaded with those as close to the date as possible. I understand when a date is picked there will always be someone older and younger but to span 24 months leaves me to think more foresight needs to be taken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do you think we'll hear about tryout results? Sunday night?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we found out yesterday. Our daughter made 2019 white.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they really start sending emails?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they really start sending emails?

No, that's somebody trying to be a bad comedian...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do you think we'll hear about tryout results? Sunday night?

Last year the emails started around 10 am on Sunday and the younger teams went out around 2 or 3 pm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They go by HS graduation year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word on why the 2018 Black players didn't try out for Top Guns this year? Was it just two girls or more?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 emails are out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 & 2018 emails out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 emails are out
2017 & 18 emails out 2 hours ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 emails are out

2017 went out last night too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to play on the 2017 white team for the Top Guns? Or should a girl play on a "lesser" club's A or B team? Is there any movement potential between white, purple or black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received results last night

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question???

How many new girls if any were added to the 2017 Black?

uote=Anonymous]Received results last night [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams for 2021?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to play on the 2017 white team for the Top Guns? Or should a girl play on a "lesser" club's A or B team? Is there any movement potential between white, purple or black?

Tough decision. There is definitely movement between the teams. We have been with TG for 4 years and some years there is more movement than others. The important thing for your daughter is exposure this year if she wants to continue playing at college level. Doesn't matter is she is on 2nd or 3rd team if she is still getting exposure. Also have to consider the overall organization and what kind of networking they have. Good luck with your decision.

Like Reply Quote
Page 72 of 220 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard