Limited Spots Available for the Prime Time College Experience for 2019-2022 Grads! | The LI Elite 80 Showcase-Camps (Boys & Girls) Are Still Accepting Registrations

NOBODY DOES IT BETTER
Most Recent Posts
Boys 2022
by Anonymous. 10/21/17 11:44 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/21/17 11:42 PM
Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 10/21/17 11:34 PM
Boys 2024
by Anonymous. 10/21/17 11:14 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous. 10/21/17 10:59 PM
Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 10/21/17 10:51 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics1,207
Posts210,485
Members1,849
Most Online3,137
Oct 19th, 2017
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 174 of 179 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 178 179
#245636 - 10/09/17 12:30 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Depends on what your daughter is looking for. If it's playing time, probably a good choice. If it's winning, maybe not.

No different than the bottom 75 teams in D1.

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#245658 - 10/09/17 02:56 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What's everyone opinion about selecting a school that is just starting out as a program? 2018 AZ State, ECU, Hartford, Woffard. Not great academics at any of them but the programs seem motivated to ramp up through commits.

Does anyone know who is joining in 2019?

Tough way to go through life worrying about other peoples opinions. Do what you think is best for your kid.

Maybe someone knows which new schools are joining D1 in 2019 and 2020 seems like a fair question. And since so many schools have been coming online the last 5 years maybe some could offer some insight if their daughter arrived at the school a year in advance of the program launch or year 1?

Top Reply Quote
#245682 - 10/09/17 04:18 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe they are speaking about the younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

It wasn't just the younger kids at Lake Placid. Good try though.

Can we stop with the Lake Placid results...no coaches,middle of the summer, kids up there having fun...what next, reporting 4v4 indoor results?

You're right everyone played just to have fun. They're all winners. So sweet

Ok Mr/Mrs I play to win at everything i do...even playing my 4yr old in checkers.I bet your the clown cheering when your daughter scores the 20th goal in a 20-0 game against very inferior competition.Never said the kids weren't trying to win up in lake placid, but posters are using it as some meaningful barometer, which is pathetic.

You are wrong. I stop cheering after the 21st goal. That's the rule of thumb. Yes, you insuated that they were just having fun. Sorry UNC didn't win but they didn't...lol Checkers anyone??

Top Reply Quote
#245717 - 10/09/17 05:55 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe they are speaking about the younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

Can we stop with the Lake Placid results...no coaches,middle of the summer, kids up there having fun...what next, reporting 4v4 indoor results?

You're right everyone played just to have fun. They're all winners. So
sweet

If you are using results at lake placid as a barometer of future success of recruits and the programs they are going to you need a reality check. You can keep trying to hype up the recruits going to your kids future school all you want but most people that have seen the play at lake placid realize what a fool you are .I await you sarcastic witty reply .

Top Reply Quote
#245784 - 10/09/17 09:49 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are you saying? You think UNC have kids that are chubby and slow? Have you ever watched that team play and their commits. I have seen many of their commits play - not all but many. Have you?????

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#245835 - 10/10/17 09:30 AM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Powderfinger]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Depends on what your daughter is looking for. If it's playing time, probably a good choice. If it's winning, maybe not.

Wrong answer. The right answer is the academics. Lax ends, education does not.

No, not the wrong answer - the question was specific to lacrosse, not academics. The poster pretty much said all are even academically - "Not great academics at any of them..."

Top Reply Quote
#246090 - 10/11/17 02:56 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are you saying? You think UNC have kids that are chubby and slow? Have you ever watched that team play and their commits. I have seen many of their commits play - not all but many. Have you?????

Yes

Top Reply Quote
#246091 - 10/11/17 02:58 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes

sweet

If you are using results at lake placid as a barometer of future success of recruits and the programs they are going to you need a reality check. You can keep trying to hype up the recruits going to your kids future school all you want but most people that have seen the play at lake placid realize what a fool you are .I await you sarcastic witty reply .

It is a barometer and thank you for calling me witty!

Top Reply Quote
#246097 - 10/11/17 03:57 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes

sweet

Nitwit would be more appropriate.

Top Reply Quote
#246138 - 10/11/17 09:07 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes
I believe they are speaking about the
younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

sweet

Can't argue with stupid so I will let you continue to show your ignorance . Your kid obviously committed to BC , good luck with that . The girls their can't say enough great things about their experience.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#246144 - 10/11/17 09:40 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

No ranked wins? Your not paying attention. I do not have a kid who goes there, or who is committed there. I am a fan of TGs best player ever that goes there and I am very impressed with Kent and the coach. But here are the facts. BC won every single game last year, including beating all ranked top 20 teams, except for #1 Maryland and #2 NC. This includes wins against ranked opponents Navy (x2), Louisville, Virginia, Norte Dame, Syracuse, and USC. And many of those wins prior to Kent. But they are obviously better with her, but they still lost to Maryland with Kent, just as they did without her. But this can be said about any and all teams that lost to Maryland. Where exactly do you see any coaching mis-steps that has you arguing against the BC coach?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their, probably have never seen there team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're coach? (quote)

I don't know what is worse . . . your opinion or your grammar. You successfully used there, their, and they're incorrectly in the same paragraph. A+

Top Reply Quote
#246163 - 10/12/17 08:40 AM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone's daughter committed to a school before the school began play? Was it a positive experience or was the wait to play and then early losses tough to handle?

Top Reply Quote
#246170 - 10/12/17 09:27 AM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone's daughter committed to a school before the school began play? Was it a positive experience or was the wait to play and then early losses tough to handle?

My daughter committed to a school, different sport, that joined D1 the year before she joined. It was fine. They didn't suffer losses and began winning their mid-major conference their first year of eligibility. So, positive experience.

If your daughter likes the school (and that should be your first concern) and likes the rest (lax, distance, whatever else she values), then go for it.

Top Reply Quote
#246198 - 10/12/17 12:39 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know when the Nassau power conference teams will be announced? Last couple of years there have been teams moving up and teams tapping out

Top Reply Quote
#246203 - 10/12/17 01:13 PM Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know when the Nassau power conference teams will be announced? Last couple of years there have been teams moving up and teams tapping out

Suffolk should implement a power conference as well.

Mt Saini
ESM
BPBP
SWR
NP
WI
And a few others.

After the top 2 or 3 teams in each conference the level of play really drops off.

Top Reply Quote
Page 174 of 179 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 178 179
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Prime Time College Experience
Boy's LI Elite 80 Camp
Girl's LI Elite 80 Camp
Fall and Winter Jamborees/Tournaments!