BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 214 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Lacrosse ends people." Punctuation counts, people.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came to the site looking for a instructional clinic for 1st grade daughter in Nassau... this has got to be one of the most intense threads on the web!!! some of you guys need a hobby

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The difference between teams 1-8 and then 9-20 is huge then when you get outside the top 25 its pretty even and pretty ugly. With the info posted above the rich will remain rich and we shouldn't expect any newcomers to crash the top tier party.

How can that be? There are so many great players going to all of the schools outside of the Top 10 (yet the Top Teams are the top teams year after year). The IL Young Guns Top 40 list is a joke (yet the majority of the players are going to Top 10 Programs) Under Armour is a joke and political as well (what schools do the majority of those players go to?) And don't even get me started on the recruiting process, what a joke that is. In order to get offers from the top teams you have to have connections. You can't get "the looks" if you are not tied in politically. Girls lacrosse is the most political sport out there, ability counts for nothing, its all about who you know.

My daughter didn't have a single offer from a Top 10 team but I know she is better than all of those other girls. Our club director sucks, that is why other girls were recruited over my daughter.

Let's hope this is a joke and not serious. Your entire premise is wrong but my guess is you are simply trying to stir the pot. If i could hit the ignore button for you like on other sites, I would.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came to the site looking for a instructional clinic for 1st grade daughter in Nassau... this has got to be one of the most intense threads on the web!!! some of you guys need a hobby

We're intense and you're looking for training for a 6yo. Right. Hello Pot, I'm Kettle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC and Navy both showed that coaching plays a major role in the success of these teams. We all know the teams that are packed with top talent each year yet always underachieve.

BC couldn't beat anybody for the first half of the season, did Walker suddenly learn how to coach midway through the season or did the lefty hockey player come and change the dynamic of the team? I'm betting it was the latter. Walker is a half step ahead of Halfpenny and O'Leary when it comes to managing a game, which means she would be more prone to figure out how to lose a big game than how to win a big game and I will stand by that until one of them proves me wrong

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC and Navy both showed that coaching plays a major role in the success of these teams. We all know the teams that are packed with top talent each year yet always underachieve.

BC couldn't beat anybody for the first half of the season, did Walker suddenly learn how to coach midway through the season or did the lefty hockey player come and change the dynamic of the team? I'm betting it was the latter. Walker is a half step ahead of Halfpenny and O'Leary when it comes to managing a game, which means she would be more prone to figure out how to lose a big game than how to win a big game and I will stand by that until one of them proves me wrong

BC had a winning record before Kent joined the team. Walker is a great coach and recruiter, she took that program over in 2013 and every year has gotten better. She finally has her full recruiting classes and the teams are starting to perform, the 2018 class for next year is stacked. BC is a team that is stealing recruits from UNC,Maryland, Duke etc. I cant wait to see them play Stony Brook this fall. Talking about the lake placid tourney BC went 4-1, with the one loss coming to UNC by 1, WITHOUT ANY PLAYER FROM THE 2017 CLASS. This team has a bright future and It annoys me that there are still people saying otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC had a winning record before Kent joined the team. Walker is a great coach and recruiter, she took that program over in 2013 and every year has gotten better. She finally has her full recruiting classes and the teams are starting to perform, the 2018 class for next year is stacked. BC is a team that is stealing recruits from UNC,Maryland, Duke etc. I cant wait to see them play Stony Brook this fall. Talking about the lake placid tourney BC went 4-1, with the one loss coming to UNC by 1, WITHOUT ANY PLAYER FROM THE 2017 CLASS. This team has a bright future and It annoys me that there are still people saying otherwise.

Thank you Mr. Walker, but I'm pretty sure that at one time BC had dropped out of the top 20 and didn't have a win against a ranked team. Original poster said BC and Navy had great coaching and I was wondering at what point in the season did BC coach become great? oh after Kent got their...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC couldn't beat anybody for the first half of the season, did Walker suddenly learn how to coach midway through the season or did the lefty hockey player come and change the dynamic of the team? I'm betting it was the latter. Walker is a half step ahead of Halfpenny and O'Leary when it comes to managing a game, which means she would be more prone to figure out how to lose a big game than how
to win a big game and I will stand by that until one of them proves me wrong

You guys really need to stop w the we almost beat the UNC recruits at Lake Placid thing , it means nothing. I think AK is a decent coach and she has done a good job getting some LI kids but honestly that team was very average and just happen to make a run at the NCAA tournament just like Navy. It's not like they played great at the ACC tournament .The thing about AW is she does not have the best rep amongst her players and many are intimidated by her , it's one of those situations when you ask how do you like playing lax at BC the reply is usually "it's okay" type thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Mr. Walker, but I'm pretty sure that at one time BC had dropped out of the top 20 and didn't have a win against a ranked team. Original poster said BC and Navy had great coaching and I was wondering at what point in the season did BC coach become great? oh after Kent got their...

No ranked wins? Your not paying attention. I do not have a kid who goes there, or who is committed there. I am a fan of TGs best player ever that goes there and I am very impressed with Kent and the coach. But here are the facts. BC won every single game last year, including beating all ranked top 20 teams, except for #1 Maryland and #2 NC. This includes wins against ranked opponents Navy (x2), Louisville, Virginia, Norte Dame, Syracuse, and USC. And many of those wins prior to Kent. But they are obviously better with her, but they still lost to Maryland with Kent, just as they did without her. But this can be said about any and all teams that lost to Maryland. Where exactly do you see any coaching mis-steps that has you arguing against the BC coach?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their, probably have never seen there team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No ranked wins? Your not paying attention. I do not have a kid who goes there, or who is committed there. I am a fan of TGs best player ever that goes there and I am very impressed with Kent and the coach. But here are the facts. BC won every single game last year, including beating all ranked top 20 teams, except for #1 Maryland and #2 NC. This includes wins against ranked opponents Navy (x2), Louisville, Virginia, Norte Dame, Syracuse, and USC. And many of those wins prior to Kent. But they are obviously better with her, but they still lost to Maryland with Kent, just as they did without her. But this can be said about any and all teams that lost to Maryland. Where exactly do you see any coaching mis-steps that has you arguing against the BC coach?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their, probably have never seen there team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're coach?

Ranked wins before Kent got their was the comment...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to guess that his or her daughter did not receive an offer from the BC Coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy, bitterness, ignorance and a strong desire to promote and or justify one's daughters "club team, college, position etc" as the best.

Many on this site will try to tear down any and all players, clubs, colleges, devisions, rankings, all star teams etc.... in an effort to elevate, promote, justify or validate their daughter in some way.

Through your words and behavior many of you are responsible for the toxic environment that has permeated this sport.

Be happy if your daughter is healthy and able to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grammar?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their(there), probably have never seen there(their) team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're(the not they are) coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What High Schools are playing in winter leagues this year? Which League?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy, bitterness, ignorance and a strong desire to promote and or justify one's daughters "club team, college, position etc" as the best.

Many on this site will try to tear down any and all players, clubs, colleges, devisions, rankings, all star teams etc.... in an effort to elevate, promote, justify or validate their daughter in some way.

Through your words and behavior many of you are responsible for the toxic environment that has permeated this sport.

Be happy if your daughter is healthy and able to play.

When all else fails to elevate your daughter ... Point to spelling and grammar in order to show that you are intellectually superior to the Neanderthal parent of the gifted athlete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grammar?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their(there), probably have never seen there(their) team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're(the not they are) coach?

It was playing with the misuse of "oh after Kent got their". For the previous post, Get it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grammar?

I guess you didn't have any real rebuttal to the post so attack the grammar. You sound rather petty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC couldn't beat anybody for the first half of the season, did Walker suddenly learn how to coach midway through the season or did the lefty hockey player come and change the dynamic of the team? I'm betting it was the latter. Walker is a half step ahead of Halfpenny and O'Leary when it comes to managing a game, which means she would be more prone to figure out how to lose a big game than how

You guys really need to stop w the we almost beat the UNC recruits at Lake Placid thing , it means nothing. I think AK is a decent coach and she has done a good job getting some LI kids but honestly that team was very average and just happen to make a run at the NCAA tournament just like Navy. It's not like they played great at the ACC tournament .The thing about AW is she does not have the best rep amongst her players and many are intimidated by her , it's one of those situations when you ask how do you like playing lax at BC the reply is usually "it's okay" type thing.

I think BC is above average, my daughter plays at cuse and They whooped us. The UNC recruits look like they are a little chubby and slow spare a few kids. But ya I agree BC is legit, you just seem like you dont know much about lax, average teams dont just make a run all the way to the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC couldn't beat anybody for the first half of the season, did Walker suddenly learn how to coach midway through the season or did the lefty hockey player come and change the dynamic of the team? I'm betting it was the latter. Walker is a half step ahead of Halfpenny and O'Leary when it comes to managing a game, which means she
would be more prone to figure out how to lose a big game than how

I think BC is above average, my daughter plays at cuse and They whooped us. The UNC recruits look like they are a little chubby and slow spare a few kids. But ya I agree BC is legit, you just seem like you dont know much about lax, average teams dont just make a run all the way to the end.

So what you are saying is these fantastic BC recruits lost to a bunch of fat chicks , okay . BC lost to Duke and VaTech among others so let's not pretend AW is Cathy Reese . Again ask the players how they like playing for her ,say what you want but you will hear a lot of "it's okay".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said the team was average, but the coach is average at best, loads of talent on the team, same can be said for ND, Florida and a few others, plenty of talent, but their coaches can't seem to find a way to win either. Cuse is a perfect example, the beat up BC early in the year and the were beat up by BC later, did Walker suddenly learn how to coach or was it Kent joining the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UNC kids are chubby and slow? Where do you get that from? Ortega, mastroianni, etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are speaking about the younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC players get better while there for 4 years - that says a lot about the coach. Many juniors and seniors really stepped up last year. In fairness they were also one of the highest scoring teams in the NCAA and that is largely about coaching as well - ie scored nearly 20 against Syracuse and USC in the NCAA tournament. Historically they have not gotten the # of top players that other programs have - hard to do tremendously well without great talent. Hard to argue that the 2018-2020 recruiting classes are very solid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's everyone opinion about selecting a school that is just starting out as a program? 2018 AZ State, ECU, Hartford, Woffard. Not great academics at any of them but the programs seem motivated to ramp up through commits.

Does anyone know who is joining in 2019?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are speaking about the younger recruits who were up at Lake Placid.

It wasn't just the younger kids at Lake Placid. Good try though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's everyone opinion about selecting a school that is just starting out as a program? 2018 AZ State, ECU, Hartford, Woffard. Not great academics at any of them but the programs seem motivated to ramp up through commits.

So go to the Back of the academic website...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we stop with the Lake Placid results...no coaches,middle of the summer, kids up there having fun...what next, reporting 4v4 indoor results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on what your daughter is looking for. If it's playing time, probably a good choice. If it's winning, maybe not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we stop with the Lake Placid results...no coaches,middle of the summer, kids up there having fun...what next, reporting 4v4 indoor results?

Exactly ,it's just desperation when you are using playing the UNC recruits at Lake Placid as a measuring stick to determine how good your recruits are .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right everyone played just to have fun. They're all winners. So sweet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So go to the Back of the academic website...

That is what is wrong with this site. A guy or woman comes on her and asks a question and you want to discount his question and blow him off. I hope your daughters biggest accomplishment in life is getting into the women's pro league.

My answer to the question would be to pick a school that is a good fit for your daughter. If you can get top tier lacrosse and a good education do it. If you have to choose, take the better education.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Depends on what your daughter is looking for. If it's playing time, probably a good choice. If it's winning, maybe not.

Wrong answer. The right answer is the academics. Lax ends, education does not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mr/Mrs I play to win at everything i do...even playing my 4yr old in checkers.I bet your the clown cheering when your daughter scores the 20th goal in a 20-0 game against very inferior competition.Never said the kids weren't trying to win up in lake placid, but posters are using it as some meaningful barometer, which is pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough way to go through life worrying about other peoples opinions. Do what you think is best for your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Wrong answer. The right answer is the academics. Lax ends, education does not.

Whats the answer if my kid isn't that smart and just wants to play lacrosse? She is already set up with a trust fund, won't have to work a day in her life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No different than the bottom 75 teams in D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough way to go through life worrying about other peoples opinions. Do what you think is best for your kid.

Maybe someone knows which new schools are joining D1 in 2019 and 2020 seems like a fair question. And since so many schools have been coming online the last 5 years maybe some could offer some insight if their daughter arrived at the school a year in advance of the program launch or year 1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mr/Mrs I play to win at everything i do...even playing my 4yr old in checkers.I bet your the clown cheering when your daughter scores the 20th goal in a 20-0 game against very inferior competition.Never said the kids weren't trying to win up in lake placid, but posters are using it as some meaningful barometer, which is pathetic.

You are wrong. I stop cheering after the 21st goal. That's the rule of thumb. Yes, you insuated that they were just having fun. Sorry UNC didn't win but they didn't...lol Checkers anyone??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right everyone played just to have fun. They're all winners. So
sweet

If you are using results at lake placid as a barometer of future success of recruits and the programs they are going to you need a reality check. You can keep trying to hype up the recruits going to your kids future school all you want but most people that have seen the play at lake placid realize what a fool you are .I await you sarcastic witty reply .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you saying? You think UNC have kids that are chubby and slow? Have you ever watched that team play and their commits. I have seen many of their commits play - not all but many. Have you?????

Like Reply Quote
Page 65 of 214 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard