BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Girls 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm surprised about all the movement this year now that tryouts are over. Teams were not set as a poster had mentioned about a month ago. Good luck to everyone!

Only the delusional or clueless would expect a rising 7th grade team to be set. In fact very few clubs actually "set" or lock their rosters. At least very few clubs advertise that they have closed off their roster. Why would you want to advertise that little fact? You would literally eliminate a revenue stream. How many people do you think would be showing up at the mnd 2022 tryouts if they heard that the mnd black team was set? It's $50 and a dream for these parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct Danielson! it is all a money grab.... EVERY CLUB!! We are the sheep going to slaughter for the coveted 20- 25% you get for a scholarship or to wear the clubs swag on the sidelines. I too am guilty, but thee is no other option for competitive lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct Danielson! it is all a money grab.... EVERY CLUB!! We are the sheep going to slaughter for the coveted 20- 25% you get for a scholarship or to wear the clubs swag on the sidelines. I too am guilty, but thee is no other option for competitive lacrosse.

So then stfu and enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of a club looking for 2022 goalie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D has open spots for 2022 goalies. Email both black and red coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure TLC still wants a goalie for the red team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros White was looking also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure all teams would prefer to carry two goalies per team. Most websites have coaches emails. Shoot them one. My guess would be a supplemental tryout would be granted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC red already has two goalies

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They took 2 but looking for upgrade I hear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They took 2 but looking for upgrade I hear

This is a total example of what a moron with internet access is capable of. I guess TLC red only has one goalie now and nobody who has any sense will even think about talking to them since they seem to have such a cavalier attitude about getting rid of players. Listen, you hear that? That's one of your goalies hitting the road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great. Thanks for the info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a total example of what a moron with internet access is capable of. I guess TLC red only has one goalie now and nobody who has any sense will even think about talking to them since they seem to have such a cavalier attitude about getting rid of players. Listen, you hear that? That's one of your goalies hitting the road.

With that attitude, I bet TLC is glad you are hitting the road too. You must be the dad who pulled his goalie mid season from another club and landed her at TLC? You should be thanking them for taking you, not bashing them. Good luck fining yet another home. Hope you don't up and leave another team mid season when things aren't going your way. I feel sorry for your daughter great rep you are giving her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With that attitude, I bet TLC is glad you are hitting the road too. You must be the dad who pulled his goalie mid season from another club and landed her at TLC? You should be thanking them for taking you, not bashing them. Good luck fining yet another home. Hope you don't up and leave another team mid season when things aren't going your way. I feel sorry for your daughter great rep you are giving her

Well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers roster shows they picked up players from CA, MI, and PA. I guess the club's reputation isn't as bad as this forum likes to think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers roster shows they picked up players from CA, MI, and PA. I guess the club's reputation isn't as bad as this forum likes to think.

not uncommon for MD clubs to pick up girls from out of state for the high school years. They will get seen by more college coaches in the tournaments that MD teams play in than if they stayed with the current teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the girls that live in MD and have now been bumped from the team are thrilled about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does that work - they can't practice with their team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i guess Skywalkers is tired of waiting until high school to be good and wanted to compete now. Can't blame them. Tired of not getting to the dance floor!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are going to be thrilled about that, girls not attending practice during the week but getting playing time during the weekend. That's going to be a disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
probably play in the summer tourneys only?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes it OK then playing only in the summer. In a year or two the summer games are the ones that the college coaches will be attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are going to be thrilled about that, girls not attending practice during the week but getting playing time during the weekend. That's going to be a disaster.

they are only playing during the summer when they can stay in md and attend all practices

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i guess Skywalkers is tired of waiting until high school to be good and wanted to compete now. Can't blame them. Tired of not getting to the dance floor!

thanks for your input coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are only playing during the summer when they can stay in md and attend all practices

That's still taking playing time away from girls who worked hard and attended all practices every week throughout the fall and spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's still taking playing time away from girls who worked hard and attended all practices every week throughout the fall and spring.

This is the Mark Millon Team 91 model on the boys side. He flies in kids from Texas for big games on the weekends during the spring and for summer tournaments. The MD parents hated it. They lost a third of their team when tryouts came around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers is not the only MD club with out of state players. It's common across the board. If its taking playing time from your daughter, tell her to work harder to keep her spot. Embrace the competitive factor it brings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the Mark Millon Team 91 model on the boys side. He flies in kids from Texas for big games on the weekends during the spring and for summer tournaments. The MD parents hated it. They lost a third of their team when tryouts came around.

this is in no way the Mark Millon model. These girls are not flown in for fall or spring games, they will reside in md once they are out of school in the spring and then be able to practice with the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMO, this is not fair to the Maryland players who are/were committed to the team (year round) and attend all practices. Just shows what money can buy you. IMO, there is a lot to be said for team chemistry. Value the players who are committed and have been for years. Some coaches only play to win, while others actually invest in players who are dedicated and value a team player mentality and building chemistry/team bonding. At some point swapping out players every season is to the team's detriment. All things to think about when choosing a club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMO, this is not fair to the Maryland players who are/were committed to the team (year round) and attend all practices. Just shows what money can buy you. IMO, there is a lot to be said for team chemistry. Value the players who are committed and have been for years. Some coaches only play to win, while others actually invest in players who are dedicated and value a team player mentality and building chemistry/team bonding. At some point swapping out players every season is to the team's detriment. All things to think about when choosing a club.

Name one team in the 2022 "A" level that has the exact same roster now as it ended with in July. Every year rosters get changed by players leaving and new players making the team. This may force other players to have to go to the club's B team. The out of state girls that were invited to join the club will not be playing until summer. They will need to earn their playing time just like every other player.

BTW every coach plays to win. that doesn't mean they forsake team chemistry or team bonding to do so. If you want fairness go back to rec ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are Family all my out of state players and me. New Skywalkers jingle. They still wont win any tournaments. Oh i forgot they are great in high school they lose on purpose when they are younger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are Family all my out of state players and me. New Skywalkers jingle. They still wont win any tournaments. Oh i forgot they are great in high school they lose on purpose when they are younger.

I would explain the Skywalker club philosophy to you but i don't think your Hero's mentality would be able to comprehend it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would explain the Skywalker club philosophy to you but i don't think your Hero's mentality would be able to comprehend it.

Ding Ding....Insecure Hero's dad wants to make sure little snowflake doesnt havent to compete with anyone outside of Howard county.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the 2017 fall club bashing season is beginning. Welcome back Heros dad. Thanks for taking the conversation about out of state players to your level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Heros dad paid attention and looked beyond his little snowflake - he would notice that there are out of state girls on older heros teams.
If you don't like your club being open to girls from outside your neighborhood - there are plenty of other clubs out there. I bet the flamingos and Bitmore are all local girls - enjoy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's too bad that those out of state girls won't have to run the hill at St Paul's in practice after they lose over the weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's too bad that those out of state girls won't have to run the hill at St Paul's in practice after they lose over the weekend!

They are lucky. Now they have run the hill while carrying sand bags and one of the coaches is chasing them with a cattle prod.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Heros dad paid attention and looked beyond his little snowflake - he would notice that there are out of state girls on older heros teams.
If you don't like your club being open to girls from outside your neighborhood - there are plenty of other clubs out there. I bet the flamingos and Bitmore are all local girls - enjoy.

Why is this guy so interested in precipitation??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That didnt last long .

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard