BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 115 of 128 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about all of the cliches, but at the end of the day, if you are worried about a one year age spread, you're probably more suited for rec., even though they have age spreads too, it will perhaps give your kid that chance to seem like the best one out there, or maybe not, and you can start complaining about the A's, B's, and C's. Have fun with it, but don't plan on taking it to seriously. If he ends up being really really good, you'll end up in the competitive club format for real one day, and will no longer be a holdback complainer, and will probably be a die hard Crab-er. We'll see you later, or maybe we won't.
[/quote]

The ones worried about a one year spread are you prefirst/reclass apologists. You cant have your son compete against the same age children in Youth lacrosse. Do you even think thru your apologist excuses,

Whats next..That it makes us complainers children stronger going against older children. LOL..Heard that one too. Yet you apologists cant even have your child play against children their own age.

Crabs until the club explosion a few years ago had two youth teams ..U13AA and U15AA . Great teams and on age. It was a VERY rare day that a first year U13 ( technically a U12) or First year U15 ( technically a U14) made either of these AA team. It was almost always the second year kids of U13,U15. Yet you new to the Crabs parents want to tell us that it makes no difference having an advantage of a year.
Now tell me again why you apologist parents children get an advantage the rest of us dont?? [/quote]

Couldn't it possibly be that you just don't like that club, and this is the talking point (the big bad holdbacks) that seems to stick with your base, at least on an anonymous forum? If you are going to make an argument that these kids are taking advantage during youth ball, because they don't want to play against kids their own age, you should probably pick a club that doesn't commit the entire squad to College ball every year. I mean, doesn't your theory essentially dissolve once they hit High School and keep achieving? Holdback or not, you have to play kids 2-3 years older in HS and College at some point. What is it that you are seeing, but HS coaches and College recruiters are missing? It can't just be your disdain for the club that they are missing, because that wouldn't fit your agenda. They must all be holdback sympathizers, and the entire NCAA lax circuit is really led by a nefarious lax overlord, bent on beating up little kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spoken like a true cheating Holdback parent... Loser. I'm sure you held them back because of the academic challenges the simpleton was having in school, or was it they socially couldn't handle it so they had to stay back, or was it your boy just couldn't keep up competitively on the field and play with his peers (Yeah, that sounds about right). Don't worry son you are GREAT just as long as you are playing with the little kids, and mommy and daddy will make sure of it. That's right that's real life. "If you can't compete just repeat." And Again, And Again. You'll get it son.

He is as dumb as a bag of bricks, I'll give you that, but he's our boy, and we love him. We are hoping he can sandbag his homework just enough to pass, but get approved for another year back. But on the field, he'll take all comers. His Mom and I do get a kick out of him stomping the crap out of those little snot pickers like flies on a windshield up and down the field every weekend, though. Life has it's little pleasures every once in a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't it possibly be that you just don't like that club, and this is the talking point (the big bad holdbacks) that seems to stick with your base, at least on an anonymous forum? If you are going to make an argument that these kids are taking advantage during youth ball, because they don't want to play against kids their own age, you should probably pick a club that doesn't commit the entire squad to College ball every year. I mean, doesn't your theory essentially dissolve once they hit High School and keep achieving? Holdback or not, you have to play kids 2-3 years older in HS and College at some point. What is it that you are seeing, but HS coaches and College recruiters are missing? It can't just be your disdain for the club that they are missing, because that wouldn't fit your agenda. They must all be holdback sympathizers, and the entire NCAA lax circuit is really led by a nefarious lax overlord, bent on beating up little kids.
[/quote]

SPOT ON! Well said. The poster obviously has true animus for Crabs and this is the only avenue of attack he can muster. As stated previously, if you would like for your son to receive outstanding training and to be positioned to play at a great college, Crabs is second to none in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how Crabs gets all this hate because they are the most successful one out there. Clubs like Madlax have more holdbacks than Crabs, but don't get the hate because they aren't as successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ship has sailed! You are beating a dead horse. GET OVER IT! College coaches want to know when players are available to them and grade based teams provide the answer. All of the whining and complaining on this thread is not going to change this reality. When your child reaches high school, maybe you will give it a rest and move on.

Now it is the college coaches excuse. That actually had some validity when Colleges were recruiting 9th graders. Those days are over. First day of 11th grade is the official recruiting day to make an offer. Of course most colleges will be watching 10th graders and some 9th graders.
There are ZERO college coaches attending 8th grade events now. ZERO unless their son or friend is playing. Which means to you Youth lacrosse apologists ......You apologists need to come up with another excuse.

Once again..You apologists always try to bring in High School and College lacrosse when talking about this youth issue.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SPOT ON! Well said. The poster obviously has true animus for Crabs and this is the only avenue of attack he can muster. As stated previously, if you would like for your son to receive outstanding training and to be positioned to play at a great college, Crabs is second to none in Maryland.[/quote]

So you are ok with certain children 8th grade and less having an advantage in youth while others dont get it?? And your reasoning is that in High School, all will even out due to going against 2-3 years older players ?

So why do we need to give certain children an advantage then in youth?? Since they will be on a grade based HS team and go to college anyway ?? LOL.. Hilarious! Do any of you have any reasoning that is actually thought out and makes sense. The reason you dont is that there are not any valid reasons. If there were all youth sports would be grade base and let select kids play down.

These constant excuses are just a way for you to justify letting select children get an advantage others dont at a youth level.
And your lame I dont like the Crabs is just that. Lame. I think lacrosse is becoming something it shouldnt be with grade base and no age limit in youth. My son played on the Crabs years ago when they were age. On the youth level he got cut three years and made it last year. Very little said by me or anyone at the tryouts that was cut. It seemed fair . If he would have been a year older than most of others he would have easily made the team every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No other sport uses grade classification. None.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SPOT ON! Well said. The poster obviously has true animus for Crabs and this is the only avenue of attack he can muster. As stated previously, if you would like for your son to receive outstanding training and to be positioned to play at a great college, Crabs is second to none in Maryland.[/quote]

Spot on? Who talks like that? You sound like some Admin puke from an OGA who is an Anglophile. Let me break it down for you very simply. Your 15 year old son is better than the 13 and 14 years olds he is playing only because he is older. Simple as that. Everything else you are spouting is nonsense. Early recruiting was the catalyst for this holdback craze and that era has come to an abrupt halt. Hope your kid already signed his NLI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SPOT ON! Well said. The poster obviously has true animus for Crabs and this is the only avenue of attack he can muster. As stated previously, if you would like for your son to receive outstanding training and to be positioned to play at a great college, Crabs is second to none in Maryland.

Spot on? Who talks like that? You sound like some Admin puke from an OGA who is an Anglophile. Let me break it down for you very simply. Your 15 year old son is better than the 13 and 14 years olds he is playing only because he is older. Simple as that. Everything else you are spouting is nonsense. Early recruiting was the catalyst for this holdback craze and that era has come to an abrupt halt. Hope your kid already signed his NLI.
[/quote]

I don't know what you just said exactly and don't feel like looking it up, but my 15 year old is better than the 17 year olds he plays against, and he plays for the club your kid can't make, so f you and the horse you rode in on, and the whole Calvary behind you. And the NLI has nothing to do with early recruiting, so irrelevant to your rant. Oh, lastly, new season just started, grade-based, just for you, sweetie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No other sport uses grade classification. None.

Hence, greatest game on two feet, ding dong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are ok with certain children 8th grade and less having an advantage in youth while others dont get it?? And your reasoning is that in High School, all will even out due to going against 2-3 years older players ?

So why do we need to give certain children an advantage then in youth?? Since they will be on a grade based HS team and go to college anyway ?? LOL.. Hilarious! Do any of you have any reasoning that is actually thought out and makes sense. The reason you dont is that there are not any valid reasons. If there were all youth sports would be grade base and let select kids play down.

These constant excuses are just a way for you to justify letting select children get an advantage others dont at a youth level.
And your lame I dont like the Crabs is just that. Lame. I think lacrosse is becoming something it shouldnt be with grade base and no age limit in youth. My son played on the Crabs years ago when they were age. On the youth level he got cut three years and made it last year. Very little said by me or anyone at the tryouts that was cut. It seemed fair . If he would have been a year older than most of others he would have easily made the team every year.

[/quote]

Even they have a heart, so there's that.
This isn't a community service honey, this is a private HS development program, yes, starting at youth, as advertised clearly. You're being the ex that won't just go away! Look, it's just not a thing, it was just never a thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ship has sailed! You are beating a dead horse. GET OVER IT! College coaches want to know when players are available to them and grade based teams provide the answer. All of the whining and complaining on this thread is not going to change this reality. When your child reaches high school, maybe you will give it a rest and move on.

Now it is the college coaches excuse. That actually had some validity when Colleges were recruiting 9th graders. Those days are over. First day of 11th grade is the official recruiting day to make an offer. Of course most colleges will be watching 10th graders and some 9th graders.
There are ZERO college coaches attending 8th grade events now. ZERO unless their son or friend is playing. Which means to you Youth lacrosse apologists ......You apologists need to come up with another excuse.

Once again..You apologists always try to bring in High School and College lacrosse when talking about this youth issue.

Fart noise, burp, snot rocket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know what you just said exactly and don't feel like looking it up, but my 15 year old is better than the 17 year olds he plays against, and he plays for the club your kid can't make, so f you and the horse you rode in on, and the whole Calvary behind you. And the NLI has nothing to do with early recruiting, so irrelevant to your rant. Oh, lastly, new season just started, grade-based, just for you, sweetie.
[/quote]

Lol.....sure. Make up some more stories why don't you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 15 year that plays for Crabs is playing against 17 year olds. Enjoy grade based play while you can because it is coming to end. Even elite clubs are going to make the switch at some point. Don't worry you can always forge their birth certificate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash not every kid that plays for crabs is a hold back! I know my kid is there for the top notch coaching. He is not a holdback he works very hard and they have the best practices, camps and tournaments around! That is why we stay. The worst part about playing for the crabs is listening to BS parents from the other teams. Asking for birth certificates and if our kids drive themselves to practice. Ridiculous, many kids are talented without having to repeat a grade.
Make sure when you're pointing fingers to count how many hold backs are on your team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash not every kid that plays for crabs is a hold back! I know my kid is there for the top notch coaching. He is not a holdback he works very hard and they have the best practices, camps and tournaments around! That is why we stay. The worst part about playing for the crabs is listening to BS parents from the other teams. Asking for birth certificates and if our kids drive themselves to practice. Ridiculous, many kids are talented without having to repeat a grade.
Make sure when you're pointing fingers to count how many hold backs are on your team!

Here we go...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two 2022 crabs players went to Team91 2022 last year and quickly figured out their Crabs coach was not so bad compared to the Team91 2022 coach. One of them actually went back to Crabs 2022 before 91 even played their second summer tournament! The other decided to not play club lacrosse this year. A stellar example of how the grass is not always greener in other pastures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a hard look at 2020 Crabs team - a ton of reclassed kids. Great coaching - right. Did they win a tournament this summer? Their opponents have gone through puberty now. Sorry - gig is up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a hard look at 2020 Crabs team - a ton of reclassed kids. Great coaching - right. Did they win a tournament this summer? Their opponents have gone through puberty now. Sorry - gig is up.

That team went like 40-4 last year, at literally every best event! Nobody even disputes their top 5 National status. Not even a nice try, brother. Hittin some of grandpa's old cough medicine, were ya?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them play Looney's in philly, I think they lost by 1. One of the best lacrosse games I've seen at that level. If they are bad, not sure you are in touch with the game. All you had to say was your kid can't make that team, and we would have understood, because, you know, they are really really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post all day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost at Crabfeast (their own tournament) to the Hawks. Doh! Fat Crab almost exploded into a million little pork rinds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost at Crabfeast (their own tournament) to the Hawks. Doh! Fat Crab almost exploded into a million little pork rinds.

Only reason to worry is if they ever had to stoop and see your kid on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when these kids just keep achieving year after year, what's your fallback? You once tried to pretend that one of the best teams teams in the country wasn't that good. That's what you got?? Awesome. Losers like you prove how great they are, if you don't get some azzplugged losers on here, that's when to worry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post all day.

Again says the as*wipe who lives neat the city dump down by the river. What an idiot you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post all day.

Again says the as*wipe who lives neat the city dump down by the river. What an idiot you are.

I was curious so I looked at IL top 50 2020s... (6) Crabs, (6) FCA, (3) Looneys, (2) Hawks, (1) 91 MD... 18/50 ... not bad at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post all day.

Again says the as*wipe who libe left behindves neat the city dump down by the river. What an idiot you are.

I was curious so I looked at IL top 50 2020s... (6) Crabs, (6) FCA, (3) Looneys, (2) Hawks, (1) 91 MD... 18/50 ... not bad at all.

All Holdbacks except 2..It works folks..Get on the bandwagon or be left behind

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post all day.

Again says the as*wipe who libe left behindves neat the city dump down by the river. What an idiot you are.

The State of Maryland calls them 10th graders. Didn't know azzhat butthurt terdcutters on anonymous forums had precedent over the Authorities Having Jurisdiction. I think we'll go with the State and stick to calling the adults names, rather than the children. It's your own dumbazz fault if you don't give your child opportunities afforded by the State. Sounds like it's all your fault that your cheeks are swollen and your ego is splattered. Hating on kids is the worst form of projecting your own failures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post all day.

The State of Maryland calls them 10th graders. Didn't know azzhat butthurt terdcutters on anonymous forums had precedent over the Authorities Having Jurisdiction. I think we'll go with the State and stick to calling the adults names, rather than the children. It's your own dumbazz fault if you don't give your child opportunities afforded by the State. Sounds like it's all your fault that your cheeks are swollen and your ego is splattered. Hating on kids is the worst form of projecting your own failures.

Hating on kids??? Holding back works. Why is that hate? More parents should do it..Frankly I recommend ALL parents that intend to have their son play lacrosse in HS either do a prefirst or reclass him. It works!!!

UA team from Balt is over 50% of holdbacks. It works!! How is that hate??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can't make the team playing against your age group - sure - why not drop down a grade or two so you look like a stud. Beeeeecccaaauusseeee its weak!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can't make the team playing against your age group - sure - why not drop down a grade or two so you look like a stud. Beeeeecccaaauusseeee its weak!

This is the other as*wipe who lives near the city dump down by the river. You idiots really stick together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If its true that 16/18 MD kids are holdbacks, then its very hard to dispute that the older kids have an incredible advantage over the younger ones in any given graduation year. The younger ones will have to wait a year or two to "round out" recruiting classes in Junior/Senior years or hope that sophomore summers go VERY well and that they have matured by then. Interesting. I bet in the end the good ones never get missed and that the process is just harder for younger kids. Such is life I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, how does your theory play out in HS, since they are playing against Juniors and Seniors, many which held back also, so 2-3 years older, and still achieve success? What are you seeing that decades of scouts and colleges missed? For over a decade, every class has success in HS and College, so I think you can eat a bag of di$ks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I am seeing is a bunch of spoiled private school kids whose parents have taught them to do anything and everything to gain an advantage over their peers. Honor, character, sportsmanship.... nah... that's for suckers....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is complaining....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I am seeing is a bunch of spoiled private school kids whose parents have taught them to do anything and everything to gain an advantage over their peers. Honor, character, sportsmanship.... nah... that's for suckers....

That fork in the road, about 20 years ago, when you went right, yeah, life was to the left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show your kid that you need a good education to get a good job and not follow in your foot steps and complain about kids that are "spoiled private school kids". If you had spent as much time trying to get ahead at work and/or get a better job as you do complaining about hold backs then perhaps your kid could go to a private school and gain an advantage over his peers. That's what life's all about ...... taking advantage of the opportunities in front of you and not complaining how you've been screwed.

A sign of a good parent is one who gives their children opportunities they themselves never had as a child. It seems you are not one of those parents!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show your kid that you need a good education to get a good job and not follow in your foot steps and complain about kids that are "spoiled private school kids". If you had spent as much time trying to get ahead at work and/or get a better job as you do complaining about hold backs then perhaps your kid could go to a private school and gain an advantage over his peers. That's what life's all about ...... taking advantage of the opportunities in front of you and not complaining how you've been screwed.

A sign of a good parent is one who gives their children opportunities they themselves never had as a child. It seems you are not one of those parents!!

Prefect point I agree. That is why I started give my son HGH when he was 13. I also paid for the answer to the SAT. He is so far ahead I just do not know what to do with myself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you worry about me - I'm doing just fine, my kids are doing just fine and we didn't have to game the system to get ahead. Hey after your double holdback can't into the school he verbally committed to in the 8th grade you can always do a PG year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could the administrator of this forum please create a new thread devoted to the topic of holdbacks? It seems every thread on the Maryland forum is littered with this discussion. If you created a new "Holdback Discussion" thread, those of us who are interested in our own teams and leagues could stay informed, without having to weed through all of this nonsense. Those interested in tilting at windmills could continue their discussion in their own thread regarding holdbacks. The rest of us would like the threads regarding our specific teams and leagues to go forward without any more debate about the rule that was changed FOUR YEARS AGO and that WILL NOT BE CHANGED ANY TIME SOON. This would truly be a public service. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Page 115 of 128 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard