BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 51 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xander's should start posting DOB when he sucks up to fat crabs players in recruiting rundown.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Despite the uncanny ability of holdback complainers to hold on so tightly to a position, would any single one of their players get better at lacrosse if they went by birth-year-buddies system tomorrow? In spite of their own argument, a couple hold backs forced up would actually get better, their own kids' bracket would get diluted, and their own development would systematically slow down. Once diluted, younger better kids would move up from below, and they would quickly realize the really good kids one year behind are really freakin good too! What then? No playing up? Birth-year-buddies for life!

Once again you argue from the (weak) position that by playing down you are somehow doing the rest of us a favor and helping us get better. Ok then, following your logic, by playing down, against easier competition, aren't your kids then getting..worse? This dilution talk is just a red herring. It's not about any one single player getting better, it's about all players being compared to their actual peers, unless being compared to smaller, slower, weaker kids is the only way your kid can stand out.

#walkedrightintothatone

I said the hold backs would get better if they moved up.
#didntread
#youragendaornoagenda

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the dads of avg club players on avg club teams are still whining about holdbacks when most of the kids on the clubs mentioned above played varsity as freshman (against much older players) and are committed to top schools..

My son is on a top team and played varsity, and I am (as is he) still sick of hold backs who need to be older just to compete. Worse still are parents of hold backs who think their son will actually play in college, who think being recruited is the end. It is just a beginning. Without the age benefit, your average hold back will not see the field.

The end game is recruiting, not playing time. Playing time is great, but if your son gets into a great school because of lacrosse and never plays a minute that's fine. Remember pro lacrosse pays enough to gas up the car.

Ok, if that's what you want for your kid. I don't know why one shouldn't be trying to get a great education and actually play. Those are people who are special and will be successful in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heres a new idea, STFU

Why don't you make me, tough guy. Just sit your visor-wearing, tank top-sporting, jean shorts-rocking self down and have another Busch Light. Then climb back in your IROC and head back to your car port.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Despite the uncanny ability of holdback complainers to hold on so tightly to a position, would any single one of their players get better at lacrosse if they went by birth-year-buddies system tomorrow? In spite of their own argument, a couple hold backs forced up would actually get better, their own kids' bracket would get diluted, and their own development would systematically slow down. Once diluted, younger better kids would move up from below, and they would quickly realize the really good kids one year behind are really freakin good too! What then? No playing up? Birth-year-buddies for life!

Once again you argue from the (weak) position that by playing down you are somehow doing the rest of us a favor and helping us get better. Ok then, following your logic, by playing down, against easier competition, aren't your kids then getting..worse? This dilution talk is just a red herring. It's not about any one single player getting better, it's about all players being compared to their actual peers, unless being compared to smaller, slower, weaker kids is the only way your kid can stand out.

#walkedrightintothatone

#didntread
#youragendaornoagenda

Yes, everybody knows that, yet you do the opposite, sad. That's your only counterpoint?

Wanting a level playing field is not an agenda, I think most would agree it's a pretty reasonable expectation. The whole premise of sport is fair competition, not a difficult concept. You seek to subvert all of that and browbeat those who call you on it...now that's an agenda.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the dads of avg club players on avg club teams are still whining about holdbacks when most of the kids on the clubs mentioned above played varsity as freshman (against much older players) and are committed to top schools..

My son is on a top team and played varsity, and I am (as is he) still sick of hold backs who need to be older just to compete. Worse still are parents of hold backs who think their son will actually play in college, who think being recruited is the end. It is just a beginning. Without the age benefit, your average hold back will not see the field.

The end game is recruiting, not playing time. Playing time is great, but if your son gets into a great school because of lacrosse and never plays a minute that's fine. Remember pro lacrosse pays enough to gas up the car.

Ok, if that's what you want for your kid. I don't know why one shouldn't be trying to get a great education and actually play. Those are people who are special and will be successful in life.

Best quote ever! These people are so desperate to say their kid went D1 they'll do anything. Son was recently at a committed camp, friend's roommate was already 20. Held back and PG'd to get into a top 30-35 D1 Lax school with a good academic ranking. Another kid already had a receding hairline. Have no idea how old he was. I just don't get it. Could have gone on age and probably made a great D3 team with a great academic rating. The kid would be graduating in two years and probably have played a lot. Now the kid will probably be 25 before he hits the real world. If god forbid he gets hurt, then he redshirts and graduates at 26? To what end? What did you win? What did the kid win? At 26 you should be looking to advance in your career, start a business, buy a house, finish grad school. What are these people thinking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best quote ever! These people are so desperate to say their kid went D1 they'll do anything. Son was recently at a committed camp, friend's roommate was already 20. Held back and PG'd to get into a top 30-35 D1 Lax school with a good academic ranking. Another kid already had a receding hairline. Have no idea how old he was. I just don't get it. Could have gone on age and probably made a great D3 team with a great academic rating. The kid would be graduating in two years and probably have played a lot. Now the kid will probably be 25 before he hits the real world. If god forbid he gets hurt, then he redshirts and graduates at 26? To what end? What did you win? What did the kid win? At 26 you should be looking to advance in your career, start a business, buy a house, finish grad school. What are these people thinking?

Then there's us, living the dream, at work checking and commenting on an anonymous lax forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heres a new idea, STFU

Why don't you make me, tough guy. Just sit your visor-wearing, tank top-sporting, jean shorts-rocking self down and have another Busch Light. Then climb back in your IROC and head back to your car port.

I'm so tired of people shedding car ports in a negative light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#walkedrightintothatone

#didntread
#youragendaornoagenda

Yes, everybody knows that, yet you do the opposite, sad. That's your only counterpoint?

Wanting a level playing field is not an agenda, I think most would agree it's a pretty reasonable expectation. The whole premise of sport is fair competition, not a difficult concept. You seek to subvert all of that and browbeat those who call you on it...now that's an agenda.

What's not fair about pairing talent in a private club based on skill, within an age range that closely emulates the hs experience? Seems fair to me, since you have to sign up for exactly what is being advertised. It is developmental and preparatory. What are you trying to accomplish, fair play based on birth year? Cool, go do that, it's called rec. I loved rec, played and coached rec for years, great building blocks, great memories. Why should that model follow a more advanced preparatory private league? You just want very expensive rec ball? You should start a very expensive rec league, free country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are thinking how nice it will be to say at cocktail parties that Ashton has committed to play lacrosse at Marist, need to justify 14 years of private school tuition somehow.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#walkedrightintothatone

#didntread
#youragendaornoagenda

What's not fair about pairing talent in a private club based on skill, within an age range that closely emulates the hs experience? Seems fair to me, since you have to sign up for exactly what is being advertised. It is developmental and preparatory. What are you trying to accomplish, fair play based on birth year? Cool, go do that, it's called rec. I loved rec, played and coached rec for years, great building blocks, great memories. Why should that model follow a more advanced preparatory private league? You just want very expensive rec ball? You should start a very expensive rec league, free country.

So holdbacks play down because that's the appropriate talent level for them? Ok, I'm good with that. Supports what we've been saying all along, Talented players play up, other kids have to find another way to look talented.

Club is not about emulating the HS experience. You don't see upper classmen playing on JV teams...not allowed.

It's about developing advanced skills, strong competition, and providing a vehicle for kids to be evaluated and recruited. Holdbacks don't want competition, they want to 'look' good. Part of the recruiting evaluation is physical maturity, Holdbacks gaming the system there.

#nolegtostandon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#walkedrightintothatone

#didntread
#youragendaornoagenda

Level playing field costs about $100 and is right down the street.
The $2,000 playing field is a little harder, and don't feel obliged to participate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#walkedrightintothatone

#didntread
#youragendaornoagenda

Level playing field costs about $100 and is right down the street.
The $2,000 playing field is a little harder, and don't feel obliged to participate.

Harder for whom? Certainly not the holdbacks who depend on the fact that it's easier. Kind of silly to lecture the parents who's kids actually are on the harder path.

You keep talking about competition, getting better, blah blah blah, but you do the exact opposite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's not fair about pairing talent in a private club based on skill, within an age range that closely emulates the hs experience? Seems fair to me, since you have to sign up for exactly what is being advertised. It is developmental and preparatory. What are you trying to accomplish, fair play based on birth year? Cool, go do that, it's called rec. I loved rec, played and coached rec for years, great building blocks, great memories. Why should that model follow a more advanced preparatory private league? You just want very expensive rec ball? You should start a very expensive rec league, free country. [/quote]

So holdbacks play down because that's the appropriate talent level for them? Ok, I'm good with that. Supports what we've been saying all along, Talented players play up, other kids have to find another way to look talented.

Club is not about emulating the HS experience. You don't see upper classmen playing on JV teams...not allowed.

It's about developing advanced skills, strong competition, and providing a vehicle for kids to be evaluated and recruited. Holdbacks don't want competition, they want to 'look' good. Part of the recruiting evaluation is physical maturity, Holdbacks gaming the system there.

#nolegtostandon[/quote]

Wait, my kid's school recommended he do prefirst, it's actually part of the curriculum, unless you get permission to skip (he was 6, hadn't started lacrosse yet). He's in 4th grade now. Should he sign up for 5th grade lacrosse? They didn't ask age, there was a grade box to fill in? Pretty sure like 90% of the kids at tryouts were private school kids, many are from his school, they are all in his grade. All of his 4th grade classmates seem to be signing up for 4th grade for some reason. Can you help, this is so confusing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#nolegtostandon[/quote]

Wait, my kid's school recommended he do prefirst, it's actually part of the curriculum, unless you get permission to skip (he was 6, hadn't started lacrosse yet). He's in 4th grade now. Should he sign up for 5th grade lacrosse? They didn't ask age, there was a grade box to fill in? Pretty sure like 90% of the kids at tryouts were private school kids, many are from his school, they are all in his grade. All of his 4th grade classmates seem to be signing up for 4th grade for some reason. Can you help, this is so confusing.

[/quote]

Your condescending tone and sarcastic approach are consistent with the holdback/double holdback parent. Another 20 year old freshman in the making.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my house in Bermuda has a car port. I keep my boat there when not in use.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Your condescending tone and sarcastic approach are consistent with the holdback/double holdback parent. Another 20 year old freshman in the making.[/quote]

OOOH, let's throw double hold back in there to make it sound nefarious. Dude, are you serious, you think every private school and every prefirst program participant are thinking about sports! How about education system evolving, unlike the third world government system! Oh well, tryouts are being advertised, looks like another year of the successful and growing grade based private club system. See you later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bet the 20 year old freshman plays ahead of your 19 year old freshman...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This holdback guy is chasing his tail and clearly never took a logic class in HS, or college, if he even attended. There is zero collective benefit to your playing your son down other than he is miserable in school and needs a second chance (valid) or you want him to look better vs. younger less mature competition. Spare us the argument of how its good for us, because it isn't while the kids are maturing. By the time they become jr.s your little/big johnny's advantage will be diminished. Just crawl back in your hole and keep your head down and hope you don't get called out and keep patting yourself on your back and saying "thanks" when everyone tells you how good your son looks because it is fleeting and ephemeral and you know it and the sad thing is, he probably knows it to and will require therapy at some point in his life for the false sense of confidence you enabled--great work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]bet the 20 year old freshman plays ahead of your 19 year old freshman...[/quote

I'd take that bet. But more importantly, I bet the 19 year old will be a better hire in the future. I like to hire people who earned a position with hard work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This holdback guy is chasing his tail and clearly never took a logic class in HS, or college, if he even attended. There is zero collective benefit to your playing your son down other than he is miserable in school and needs a second chance (valid) or you want him to look better vs. younger less mature competition. Spare us the argument of how its good for us, because it isn't while the kids are maturing. By the time they become jr.s your little/big johnny's advantage will be diminished. Just crawl back in your hole and keep your head down and hope you don't get called out and keep patting yourself on your back and saying "thanks" when everyone tells you how good your son looks because it is fleeting and ephemeral and you know it and the sad thing is, he probably knows it to and will require therapy at some point in his life for the false sense of confidence you enabled--great work.

In my area, it is very common for public school kids to repeat if they transfer into private, even if they don't play a sport. Public school education is basically third world. I get your argument as it pertains to grade-based youth sports, but the smart ones just continue to play up, and then in HS you just play your grade. You worry about yourself, not what some public school parents think about your educational path. Because private school kids have no track record of success in college ball, right? College ball is all public school kids. Yup, you got us there, dude, I got nothing..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your condescending tone and sarcastic approach are consistent with the holdback/double holdback parent. Another 20 year old freshman in the making.[/quote]

OOOH, let's throw double hold back in there to make it sound nefarious. Dude, are you serious, you think every private school and every prefirst program participant are thinking about sports! How about education system evolving, unlike the third world government system! Oh well, tryouts are being advertised, looks like another year of the successful and growing grade based private club system. See you later.
[/quote]

it's actually very simple, he should sign up for the correct age as recommended by US lacrosse. Unless there's something wrong with him he will make friends on an age appropriate team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your condescending tone and sarcastic approach are consistent with the holdback/double holdback parent. Another 20 year old freshman in the making.

[/quote]

it's actually very simple, he should sign up for the correct age as recommended by US lacrosse. Unless there's something wrong with him he will make friends on an age appropriate team. [/quote]

No, he should sign up however the league has it set up, tell them to follow the US lax guidelines. Your argument is with the rules, not some 9,10,11 year old kid that doesn't even understand why he's getting the stink eye from some 40 year old parent. You get 50 private school kids at tryouts, there isn't going to be some unwritten public school parent rule that they can be expected to follow. All that being said, sure, playing up is a great way to get better under the current rules, but not a mandate because you say so. Argue with the league, not the participants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

it's actually very simple, he should sign up for the correct age as recommended by US lacrosse. Unless there's something wrong with him he will make friends on an age appropriate team. [/quote]

You need to find an age-appropriate activity, then maybe you will meet some friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush scared to play at Crabfeast. Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush scared to play at Crabfeast. Sad.

Crush hasn't gone there in four years. As stated Predictions ?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to find an age-appropriate activity, then maybe you will meet some friends.[/quote]

So there's something wrong with him, sorry I didn't know.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is edge actually going to show up this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've learned that fighting the holdback debacle is a never win debate. In the end the great players will be great and the average will remain average despite one or two years of holding back. You can't buy talent and it will all play out the way it is supposed to in the end. My older sons 20 year old freshman teammates who were HS studs are now standing on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Eite 120 event being held today in Baltimore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my area, it is very common for public school kids to repeat if they transfer into private, even if they don't play a sport. Public school education is basically third world. I get your argument as it pertains to grade-based youth sports, but the smart ones just continue to play up, and then in HS you just play your grade. You worry about yourself, not what some public school parents think about your educational path. Because private school kids have no track record of success in college ball, right? College ball is all public school kids. Yup, you got us there, dude, I got nothing..

Maybe where you are from the public schools are lacking but we have reviewed the objective real life data in our area and public are generally superior in the academic course offerings at higher levels because private schools can not scale to that level, SAT scores are comparable and in many cases higher, college admittance and retention is comparable (not just admittance as little Johnny has to work and fit in once accepted) for the top 1/3 of most public schools (outside of inner cities). Not to mention that they are not filled with individuals such as yourself making sweeping statements with no basis. If your kid can not be in the top 2/3 academically in a public school than the private school small class size and hand holding are the best thing for them. There are a myriad of other intangibles that make one a better choice over the other but academics is not necessarily one of them. Please do some research.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Eite 120 event being held today in Baltimore?

A list controlled by RM and his inner circle. No chance of anyone outside of his political circle attending as he controls entrance for anything in the Baltimore area NLF related and he is a protective sort. More of the same. Anyone can call themselves the "Elite".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last we heard they were planning to "bring it".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe where you are from the public schools are lacking but we have reviewed the objective real life data in our area and public are generally superior in the academic course offerings at higher levels because private schools can not scale to that level, SAT scores are comparable and in many cases higher, college admittance and retention is comparable (not just admittance as little Johnny has to work and fit in once accepted) for the top 1/3 of most public schools (outside of inner cities). Not to mention that they are not filled with individuals such as yourself making sweeping statements with no basis. If your kid can not be in the top 2/3 academically in a public school than the private school small class size and hand holding are the best thing for them. There are a myriad of other intangibles that make one a better choice over the other but academics is not necessarily one of them. Please do some research.

So you are just a world class cheapskate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were not good last week. Watched a game and they didn't win a draw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were not good last week. Watched a game and they didn't win a draw

Isn't the fogo going to Hopkins?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow are you bad at this! nowhere was money mentioned but since you can't think of anything else just pull an insult out of your .....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you seriously saying someone who chooses to send their kids to public schools on LI is a "cheapskate"??!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you seriously saying someone who chooses to send their kids to public schools on LI is a "cheapskate"??!

Says the guy who said the other kid must need his hand held.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On LI there are many factors, if one is from a top notch public there is no reason to go Private unless dad or big brother did. Some, yes some of the LI publics absolutely have better academics than the privates. but to each their own!

Page 43 of 51 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard