BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,559
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 214 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First time coming to this site- I am amazed at how "anonymous" people post about teenage girls using the word such as "convicts" or "thugs". For those of you on here that regurgitate this garbage, YOU ARE SHAMEFULL COWARDS. You should think about how kids regularly make dumb and stupid choices, and YES your kid makes them too.

BTW- WM has an extremely talented team that peeked to early. They should hold their heads up high for a great season. As for NPT, they seem to be peeking at the right time and certainly deserved the win yesterday. Not to many teams can comeback from a 5-0 deficit to win the game from a #1 seeded team. I wish MC and NPT a good game next week, represent Suffolk well.

Actually Ward Melville never peeked. The girls were never given a chance to peek. You say NP deserved to win I will say WM girls deserve a better coach . The Seniors especially deserve better, they do not deserve to go out like that.

Until I looked at it I never really knew just how bad it was. The record and history speaks for itself. Girls never had a chance. Just as all of the players and parents that have gone through the program have said "She will always find a way to lose".

But hey, I guess it's always the players....

..WM... Vs.. Opponent .........................Regular Season .......................Playoffs

2011 Vs William Floyd ......................... W 11 - 7 .................................. L 10 - 9

2012 Vs Bayshore ............................... W 10 - 8 .................................. L 11 - 5

2013 Vs Bayshore ............................... W 11 - 10 ................................ L 16 - 8

2014 Vs West Babylon ........................ W 17 - 4 ................................... L 17 - 10

2015 Vs Northport ................................ L 13 - 12 .................................. L 10 - 6

2016 Vs Northport ................................ L 8 - 6 ...................................... L 11 - 10

2017 Vs Northport ............................... W 13 - 6 .................................... L 8 - 7

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One year ago today was the shot heard around WANTAGH. Oh those poor girls, what they missed out on do to one very, very selfish person. Me me me, mommy mommy mommy.

She lost the game for them!! Nobody was sad to see her go! When an entire team hears the coach yell out a play including her and and she ignored it that's SELFISH! And don't think for one minute the MD coach doesn't see it, which is why she only got in 7 games when they were up by. 10+ goals. Attitude doesn't help make friends either, would not be surprised if she transfers and she won't be missed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One year ago today was the shot heard around WANTAGH. Oh those poor girls, what they missed out on do to one very, very selfish person. Me me me, mommy mommy mommy.

Really? Maybe it is time you get past it and move on. It seems like the current team has moved on and trying to bring home a championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow......when you win, the TEAM is 'talented', 'loaded', 'athletic' etc.......when you lose, the COACH is to blame? I wish you all lots of luck in college....it is a bumpy road and that mentality is not going to help you get through.

Undefeated season is not an easy task. Be proud of what you have accomplished. Put things in perspective and set an example for your daughter. What is being displayed on this forum is a shame - for BOTH teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Wantagh, most of you trolls on this blog had them dead and buried back in January. How we looking now ?? Bring it home girls !! GO WARRIORS !!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have a Life. Get over it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ignore the deranged pot stirrer who is ridiculously insulting an
outstanding WM team. Absurd. NP has great respect for that team
as everyone should and that's the truth. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time coming to this site- I am amazed at how "anonymous" people post about teenage girls using the word such as "convicts" or "thugs". For those of you on here that regurgitate this garbage, YOU ARE SHAMEFULL COWARDS. You should think about how kids regularly make dumb and stupid choices, and YES your kid makes them too.

BTW- WM has an extremely talented team that peeked to early. They should hold their heads up high for a great season. As for NPT, they seem to be peeking at the right time and certainly deserved the win yesterday. Not to many teams can comeback from a 5-0 deficit to win the game from a #1 seeded team. I wish MC and NPT a good game next week, represent Suffolk well.

Actually Ward Melville never peeked. The girls were never given a chance to peek. You say NP deserved to win I will say WM girls deserve a better coach . The Seniors especially deserve better, they do not deserve to go out like that.

Until I looked at it I never really knew just how bad it was. The record and history speaks for itself. Girls never had a chance. Just as all of the players and parents that have gone through the program have said "She will always find a way to lose".

..WM... Vs.. Opponent .........................Regular Season .......................Playoffs

2011 Vs William Floyd ......................... W 11 - 7 .................................. L 10 - 9

2012 Vs Bayshore ............................... W 10 - 8 .................................. L 11 - 5

2013 Vs Bayshore ............................... W 11 - 10 ................................ L 16 - 8

2014 Vs West Babylon ........................ W 17 - 4 ................................... L 17 - 10

2015 Vs Northport ................................ L 13 - 12 .................................. L 10 - 6

2016 Vs Northport ................................ L 8 - 6 ...................................... L 11 - 10

2017 Vs Northport ............................... W 13 - 6 .................................... L 8 - 7

And there it is.......
WM parents throwing coach under the bus.
Surprised it took so long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She lost the game for them!! Nobody was sad to see her go! When an entire team hears the coach yell out a play including her and and she ignored it that's SELFISH! And don't think for one minute the MD coach doesn't see it, which is why she only got in 7 games when they were up by. 10+ goals. Attitude doesn't help make friends either, would not be surprised if she transfers and she won't be
missed

Yo sound like such a [lacrosse] . Guaranteed your daughter would not see the field at all at Maryland you dope who I am sure had zero interest in your loser kid .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a bit of a cop out no? Your team goes 17-0, the players are great, lose a game, coach stinks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please Pat Hobbes! Get back to work and stop trashing the coach on your lunch break! None of us can stand you, glad to finally have you out of the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ignore the deranged pot stirrer who is ridiculously insulting an
outstanding WM team. Absurd. NP has great respect for that team
as everyone should and that's the truth. Get a grip.

Than you WM parent for telling us all about your talents as you troll as a NP parent, we won! ALL wanted to see us fail! Calling our girls thugs and convicts! Goodnight WM, you suck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Seahawks > Warriors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it go... now she's about to bring home the NCAA national championship..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it go... now she's about to bring home the NCAA national championship..

Trust me there was more than one cancer on that team and in the stands the past couple of years. You can obviously see that by some of the comments launched on BOTC a year later.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
My high school game of the day was Bayport-Blue Point versus Shoreham-Wading River in a battle of the hyphens. Another great one goal game and almost an improbable win for SWR. Down 8-4 SWR waged an incredible comeback to tie and send to OT. In my opinion the winning goal, off a free position shot for shooting space, was a giveback call for missing an obvious strike to the head against a BPP player. Still a great game, a good crowd and typical LI playoff atmosphere. Hats off to both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa over Oceanside

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm... your way off base! It was a clear shooting space call. Swr got all the calls late so stop crying you lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may have won but your girls r still thugs and thiefs. Winning a lax game doesn't change what they did.. does it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please Pat Hobbes! Get back to work and stop trashing the coach on your lunch break! None of us can stand you, glad to finally have you out of the program.

You seriously are the biggest loser dad! Keep blaming the coach for your kids inadequacies (it's like hot potato trying to watch them catch) OH and get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She lost the game for them!! Nobody was sad to see her go! When an entire team hears the coach yell out a play including her and and she ignored it that's SELFISH! And don't think for one minute the MD coach doesn't see it, which is why she only got in 7 games when they were up by. 10+ goals. Attitude doesn't help make friends either, would not be surprised if she transfers and she won't be
missed

Yo sound like such a [lacrosse] . Guaranteed your daughter would not see the field at all at Maryland you dope who I am sure had zero interest in your loser kid .

7 games lololol what a great experience but wait at least she got gear. #scrubsquad benchwarmers every team needs them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big time players all struggle when they go from being the go to player to a small piece in a new D1 puzzle. You are right, many of these kids will transfer down the D1 ladder or come home to a place like Adelphi or Post and become the go to person again. D1 and its 5 hours a day isn't for some kids who might be selfish and have trouble getting along. At the top programs its win at all costs which means the middle to bottom of the roster doesn't play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She lost the game for them!! Nobody was sad to see her go! When an entire team hears the coach yell out a play including her and and she ignored it that's SELFISH! And don't think for one minute the MD coach doesn't see it, which is why she only got in 7 games when they were up by. 10+ goals. Attitude doesn't help make friends
either, would not be surprised if she transfers and she won't be
missed

7 games lololol what a great experience but wait at least she got gear. #scrubsquad benchwarmers every team needs them.

Thanks for proving that you don't only sound like a [lacrosse] but in actuality you are a [lacrosse]. You should voice your opinion in public so I can let you know what a flaccid coward you are .I believe I know who you are so we will have a " conversation" next time I see you .You will deny posting this but just know you need to look yourself in the mirror .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa over Oceanside

Port over Syosset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may have won but your girls r still thugs and thiefs. Winning a lax game doesn't change what they did.. does it?

Hahahaha, you lost, go to a different web site, this one is for lacrosse. And winners still have something to play for! You should just grill up a couple of hot dogs, no practice right this weekend! Hahahahaha! See ya losers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big time players all struggle when they go from being the go to player to a small piece in a new D1 puzzle. You are right, many of these kids will transfer down the D1 ladder or come home to a place like Adelphi or Post and become the go to person again. D1 and its 5 hours a day isn't for some kids who might be selfish and have trouble getting along. At the top programs its win at all costs which means the middle to bottom of the roster doesn't play

True, Adelphi is in a totally different league than a legit D1 team. More like a participation trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please, gimme a break! SWR is notorious for their dirty thug play and then crybaby bullsh** (and worse) when they lose, in EVERY SINGLE girls sport they play. Those kids are all a disgrace to youth sports and that dumpy "athletic staff" lady who walks around shaking her head disapprovingly whenever they endure a deserving lose, chastising the opposing team and screaming "you f***ing suck" to the refs as they leave the field, epitomizes your entire classless community!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

missed

I'm looking forward to her watching her play tonight, Maryland easy over Penn State.. should be up by 10 at the start of the second half..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Had a rare chance to watch today's Northport-Ward Melville game as I'm chasing college games all spring. I'll be at the Final Four this weekend.

Ward Melville did not play like a #1 seed today. After a quick 5-0 then 6-1 lead Northport just wore them out with possession strength and draws. Northport getting it to 6-4 before the half was a momentum swing. It really seemed like possession in the second half was 20 minutes Northport to 5 minutes Ward Melville. The Ward Melville possessions were so quick to the goal that there was no sense of control or flow. Ward Melville only managed one goal in the second half on a wicked free position shot. Northport was the better team today despite the talent on Ward Melville.

#10 on Northport gets game ball today. Nice game on draw, maintained composure while under pressure late in the game and got ball to her teammates.

Baldbear...very accurate description of the game. Unfortunately the lack of possession time has been going on all season and never corrected. The philosophy of the coaches seems to be if you can put up numbers then you must be the package, despite the numbers being put up against weaker, less quality teams and low quality goals. No insight to look at the total package of the player and what they can contribute to the team. It is an unfortunate loss, many girls made mistakes, but as a coach the biggest mistake is not getting players to play as a team. Watching the game there are a number of girls that will just go to the cage regardless of the field set up, not having someone at X to back up, having 3-4 defenders on them and being told by the coach to pull out.... no sense of an offensive set at all. However, they are girls and need to be coached, sometimes pulled and sat for a little to understand the importance of playing like a team. Northport played like a team that day, everyone touching the ball. The selfish play came back to bite WM and the responsibility does fall on the coaches because it was welcomed and not rectified

As for the parent who comes on here and calls out other parents and players shame on you. We all know who you are and you should be embarrassed especially with the ties you have to this game and to girls lacrosse. It is juvenile. Northport came out the victor, it is over and please move on. You have many more years at WM so just enjoy it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any explanation as to why Long Island Girls lacrosse got the boot from msg varsity? Not one game televised? Only thing was gains for brains. No in season games, no playoffs?

What an absolute insults for girls sports.
Might be time to dump cable vision for good.

I see Fios has them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you look at past MSG varsity or New 12 Varsity carried very few girls games majority always went to Boys Lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because the girls game at the HS level is torture to watch!...
Most girls games were on late at night to help insomniacs..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They always had at least the playoffs, torture or not, why not give same billing at least for the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Ummm... your way off base! It was a clear shooting space call. Swr got all the calls late so stop crying you lost!

If you are referring to me I had no skin in the game so there were no tears.

As for shooting space the rule is: a defender covering the ball carrier with the opportunity to shoot must be within a stick’s length of the attacker. The defender was well within a stick length of the shooter. They should have called SWR for a card for a strike to the head just before this call and didn't. So the official gave them the call. It happens.

Fun to be back on LI and off to Gillette for the Final Four--so if you see a bald guy in a NCAA hat stop and say hello.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
They always had at least the playoffs, torture or not, why not give same billing at least for the playoffs.

Time Warner (now Spectrum, I guess) carries a lot of HS girls and boys games upstate. I was up there for NCAA Regionals and there were multiple games on at the same time. Is MSG Varsity not carrying games since the sale of Cablevison?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because the girls game at the HS level is torture to watch!...
Most girls games were on late at night to help insomniacs..

Watch last nites Port v Syosset game on Fios Monday and tell me that's not exciting. Amazing 3OT game. Back and forth, both teams played their hearts out. Game had everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are fun to watch, 3 shameless ball hogs w a coach who has no clue . Plenty of other talented kids on that team but the 3 ballhogs are complete black holes , gross .

What team are you talking about?

Who cares what team? Ball hog is a ball hog, blame the coach. If a player repeatedly runs to the goal every time she touches the ball and the coach does not correct the problem it is on the coach. Selfish play will rarely be rewarded with a championship.

It really doesn't matter what team they are talking about, selfish play is ugly and is detrimental to the team. Most teams will actually play better without the ball hogs. Not making the pass also hurts on the defensive end as well as in transition. When the selfish player does not pass the ball when it should be passed the entire flow is disrupted and opportunities are missed. Not passing when you should will also result in additional turnovers.

A team will always play better without selfish players.

Not sure what team the original poster was talking about but the above post was on point. Really hurt the TEAM. Will happen again next year due to the fact that the coaches and the parents of the selfish players do not even understand that it is a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are fun to watch, 3 shameless ball hogs w a coach who has no clue . Plenty of other talented kids on that team but the 3 ballhogs are complete black holes , gross .

What team are you talking about?

Who cares what team? Ball hog is a ball hog, blame the coach. If a player repeatedly runs to the goal every time she touches the ball and the coach does not correct the problem it is on the coach. Selfish play will rarely be rewarded with a championship.

It really doesn't matter what team they are talking about, selfish play is ugly and is detrimental to the team. Most teams will actually play better without the ball hogs. Not making the pass also hurts on the defensive end as well as in transition. When the selfish player does not pass the ball when it should be passed the entire flow is disrupted and opportunities are missed. Not passing when you should will also result in additional turnovers.

A team will always play better without selfish players.

Not sure what team the original poster was talking about but the above post was on point. Really hurt the TEAM. Will happen again next year due to the fact that the coaches and the parents of the selfish players do not even understand that it is a problem.

BTW, that is the biggest problem. The coaches, and parents of the selfish players don't get it. No idea what team the original post was referring to but two of our three are back next year. Not fun to watch at all, extremely frustrating all season long. Not sure that they even understand that it cost the team in the playoffs. Many of the players and some of the parents knew exactly how the season would end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches are a big problem at the high school level....posessions are important ...when you have a girl who loses all of the draws...by far not the tallest and vertical leap limited...why do you continue to use the same girl...politics? And btw the same girl at club plays defense??????

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 214 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard