BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Re: Girls 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here he goes again. Let's restate it. Worry about ONLY your kid. We do not want or need your patronizing "advice."

Dry up.

Blow away.

Everyone is so lucky to have you to speak for the general "We". There was no "advice" in the post. You seem to have some real issues.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with him. Worry about your own daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an innocent bystander, can someone explain the hostility towards M&D 2021?

They rarely get beat. That's why all of these dads trash them. Can't just be happy for a bunch of 8th grade girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They rarely get beat. That's why all of these dads trash them. Can't just be happy for a bunch of 8th grade girls.

The kids are fine. It's the Dads that are the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its just those adults who can't or didn't succeed in sports in their youth living through their kids....happens in every sport be it club soccer, club lax, AL baseball or AUU bball..ignore them and they eventually go away. You can usually tell the parents who were successful or at least enjoyed sports as a kid, they are the ones just hanging behind everyone on the side lines quietly just watching

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is better Stars or M&D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its just those adults who can't or didn't succeed in sports in their youth living through their kids....happens in every sport be it club soccer, club lax, AL baseball or AUU bball..ignore them and they eventually go away. You can usually tell the parents who were successful or at least enjoyed sports as a kid, they are the ones just hanging behind everyone on the side lines quietly just watching

Some of this statement is actually accurate. Look no further than your own sideline---your own household---for some of the guys that are not "just quietly watching."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's not just a lacrosse guru, he's a psychologist as well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hanging behind everyone on the sidelines quietly just watching? Like you on this forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hanging behind everyone on the sidelines quietly just watching? Like you on this forum?

Exactly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If their aligned? The Stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters gonna hate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few answers and a comment. Stars no comparison to mnd. No one likes mnd because of the parents, not the girls. Arrogant and condescending at every age group, not just 21s.

Comment:
The spring league in BALTIMORE used to be competitive, now they want as much $ as possible and the league is unwatchable or worthless, take your pick. It used to be called "premier" and they took that away. Way too many teams and would rather scrimmage to get better with other competitive teams. Playoffs will be the only competitive games somewhere down the road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few answers and a comment. Stars no comparison to mnd. No one likes mnd because of the parents, not the girls. Arrogant and condescending at every age group, not just 21s.

Comment:
The spring league in BALTIMORE used to be competitive, now they want as much $ as possible and the league is unwatchable or worthless, take your pick. It used to be called "premier" and they took that away. Way too many teams and would rather scrimmage to get better with other competitive teams. Playoffs will be the only competitive games somewhere down the road.

Unwatchable? Do you actually attend these games as a fan? I mean, are you going to multiple games each weekend?

As for "worthless," you are entitled to your opinion, but keep in mind, this is a micro-sport that is largely geographically based. This is especially true when it comes to club lacrosse. You take your competition in whatever form it comes, wherever you can get it. The fact is, the "bad" teams around here are actually good or very good teams nationally, and these teams that are not worthy from your perspective, are loaded with future college lacrosse players.

Calm down. This is just girls lacrosse. It is not important in any way, shape or form, other than fun, building team and leadership skills, maybe getting a few bucks off college, or most importantly to use as leverage to get into a college you want to go to that you might not otherwise have gotten into.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Careful. Don't insult these clubs that can't score more than a goal or two in a game. People are sensitive here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Careful. Don't let these guys know these are teenage girls playing a game and that success in lacrosse comes in many shapes and forms and some people have no interest in looking to recapture the glories (or lack of) of their youth and instead are focused on raising kids that do not major in lacrosse. People are sensitive here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Unwatchable is correct. If you have any compassion for the girls getting crushed you would agree.
2) Worthless is also correct. Losing by 15 helps nobody. Lose by 5, then okay both teams got something out of it.
3) And yes some people do watch more than one game. Is it unheard of to have more than one daughter? Or a daughter who wants to see her friend play?
4) The league should have more divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to get together and compare notes with some of you clowns in 15 years and see exactly where our daughter's respective lacrosse careers got them, and didn't get them. Since that is not going to happen, I will have to be content with shaking my head at how you people let your ego, ignorance, and insecurity infect this experience. You don't get it, and you aren't going to get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Unwatchable is correct. If you have any compassion for the girls getting crushed you would agree.
2) Worthless is also correct. Losing by 15 helps nobody. Lose by 5, then okay both teams got something out of it.
3) And yes some people do watch more than one game. Is it unheard of to have more than one daughter? Or a daughter who wants to see her friend play?
4) The league should have more divisions.

Can you say, "Total Loser"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unwatchable is correct. If you have any compassion for the girls getting crushed you would agree.

Aw. You're a sweet guy worrying about the fragile egos of other people's children. Worry about your own blockheaded kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to get together and compare notes with some of you clowns in 15 years and see exactly where our daughter's respective lacrosse careers got them, and didn't get them. Since that is not going to happen, I will have to be content with shaking my head at how you people let your ego, ignorance, and insecurity infect this experience. You don't get it, and you aren't going to get it.

So because a girl works hard to play on a top team means that they are solely relying on their "lacrosse career"? Maybe, just maybe, a lot of these girls see lacrosse as a means to get into the best possible school they can, and thus bust their asses to be the best they can be. And maybe, just maybe, they don't enjoy playing in games where they win 15-0, 20-1, etc.....Not only because it's boring for them, but they feel bad for the other team which many time includes friends of theirs. And maybe, just maybe, the girls on the top clubs thrive on the competition of playing against each other and are in fact also friends off the field. The girls are going into high school. Some of them are already committed to college. Many of them will soon. I haven't seen anyone on here bragging about their daughter or their daughter's teams. There have only been fair questions about why are some of these teams in the A division. It does benefit teams to play against better teams if they can compete with them. While I won't use the word worthless, very little is gained by either team in a blowout. This has nothing to do with parents pushing their daughter's "lacrosse career" or their ego, ignorance or insecurity. There is a place for most of these girls to play lacrosse in college if they want to. Whether they are on an A team or B team. The egos that "infect this experience" are those of the club owners of these B level teams that charge exorbitant prices and make promises that they can't deliver on.

I'm not sure why people think having more divisions is a bad idea. The boys league has 4 divisions for 2021's. Elite, AA, A and B. The Elite is invitation only based on the prior year's performance in the league. You don't see 15-0 or worse games there. Is that really a bad idea?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy gibberish. Again, don't waste your time feeling bad for other people's kids and I will try my darnedest to not feel sorry for yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So because a girl works hard to play on a top team means that they are solely relying on their "lacrosse career"? Maybe, just maybe, a lot of these girls see lacrosse as a means to get into the best possible school they can, and thus bust their asses to be the best they can be. And maybe, just maybe, they don't enjoy playing in games where they win 15-0, 20-1, etc.....Not only because it's boring for them, but they feel bad for the other team which many time includes friends of theirs. And maybe, just maybe, the girls on the top clubs thrive on the competition of playing against each other and are in fact also friends off the field. The girls are going into high school. Some of them are already committed to college. Many of them will soon. I haven't seen anyone on here bragging about their daughter or their daughter's teams. There have only been fair questions about why are some of these teams in the A division. It does benefit teams to play against better teams if they can compete with them. While I won't use the word worthless, very little is gained by either team in a blowout. This has nothing to do with parents pushing their daughter's "lacrosse career" or their ego, ignorance or insecurity. There is a place for most of these girls to play lacrosse in college if they want to. Whether they are on an A team or B team. The egos that "infect this experience" are those of the club owners of these B level teams that charge exorbitant prices and make promises that they can't deliver on.

I'm not sure why people think having more divisions is a bad idea. The boys league has 4 divisions for 2021's. Elite, AA, A and B. The Elite is invitation only based on the prior year's performance in the league. You don't see 15-0 or worse games there. Is that really a bad idea?

Good grief. Get over yourself. Feel bad for the other team? LOL. You idiot. She ain't that special and neither are you. If you don't like it, go play rec. Tool. When they say parents ruin sports, they are talking about you, you phony. Shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't if be great if your kid could get into the best possible school they can by spending all this time and money on something related to academics? I have news for you, they can. As for the committed kids, it does not take too much academic effort or talent to get into Florida or Maryland so if that is TRULY the goal, it should not be a huge issue.

But this really isn't about the kid, is it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK. This guy has said 10 times he is not happy with the mismatches. OK, we get it. We heard you. 10 times. So, time to move on. As to why the teams play at whatever level they do, you are not entitled to an answer and you are not going to get one. Stay curious my friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Not only because it's boring for them, but they feel bad for the other team which many time includes friends of theirs."

Wow. Who said first world problems couldn't be brutal. They are bored and full of pity? Poor little snowflakes. Maybe you can skip a clinic and get them some counseling. LOL. You guys are unbelievable. Un. Be. Lievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Not only because it's boring for them, but they feel bad for the other team which many time includes friends of theirs."

Wow. Who said first world problems couldn't be brutal. They are bored and full of pity? Poor little snowflakes. Maybe you can skip a clinic and get them some counseling. LOL. You guys are unbelievable. Un. Be. Lievable.

So you personally enjoy watching games that end with 15-20 goal spreads? What exactly do you enjoy about them? Does your daughter enjoy playing in them? If so, what does she enjoy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does she enjoy? She's a bit of a mean kid and what she enjoys is how bored and sad your snowflake is.

Seriously dude, get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you personally enjoy watching games that end with 15-20 goal spreads? What exactly do you enjoy about them? Does your daughter enjoy playing in them? If so, what does she enjoy?

There you go again. Worried about everybody else.

Worry about your own kid. Loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear the NGLL is giving out participation trophies this year. So your daughter will be happy even though her team was outscored 150-10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry about my daughter, she is happy regardless. Worry about your own stupid kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear the NGLL is giving out participation trophies this year. So your daughter will be happy even though her team was outscored 150-10.

I think only one of the two of us worried about trophies and we all know who that is. Like I said above, I would love to compare outcomes with you in 15 years. At least you'll have her trophies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D dad's true colors come shining through. I hope this post doesn't make your daughter sad. LOL. Sooooooo predictable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you assume you are responding to an M&D dad? You are the only person constantly bringing them up. Is that because this is the former goalie's dad that frequents this place?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor M&D dad. Staying up late and everybody is ganging up on him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you should quit and demand a refund. Maybe just do intrasquad scrimmages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, we plan to give M&D a run this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my first post, I have been reading the forums for a couple day now and am kind of surprised. All of this takes away from the game, boys and girls there daddy or mommy on a computer talking trash about each other kids and their team. I though only New [lacrosse] parent acted like this. I'm not a person to give everyone a trophy but I'm not a person that call kids playing a sport worthless, and you may not have directly but basically some one here did. And not a big fan of M&D parents on the side line, but every team has a parent or two that go over the edge some time, I myself know I have. My daughter let me know that it's not cool when I do, mostly at bad calls by refers. This game is a small community and pretty soon your daughters or sons are not going to be known for how he/she plays but for how bad their parents actions on the side line are. Like the reputation of M&D parents, I know many of them, very nice people but over the years people aren't just taking about how good M&D is but how bad the parents are. And I use M&D as an example because they seem to be the target right now. I like when my daughter plays them, they have a team that is fun to watch. If you're up 15-5 you shouldn't be saying anything at all. It's not a everyone get a trophy thing is a respect thing for the sport and others. And respect to the team that just took the 15-5 loss and still didn’t quit. Kids see your actions and would you like your kids treating other kids like this, that's up to you guys as a parent. Look forward to see you at the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my first post, I have been reading the forums for a couple day now and am kind of surprised. All of this takes away from the game, boys and girls there daddy or mommy on a computer talking trash about each other kids and their team. I though only New [lacrosse] parent acted like this. I'm not a person to give everyone a trophy but I'm not a person that call kids playing a sport worthless, and you may not have directly but basically some one here did. And not a big fan of M&D parents on the side line, but every team has a parent or two that go over the edge some time, I myself know I have. My daughter let me know that it's not cool when I do, mostly at bad calls by refers. This game is a small community and pretty soon your daughters or sons are not going to be known for how he/she plays but for how bad their parents actions on the side line are. Like the reputation of M&D parents, I know many of them, very nice people but over the years people aren't just taking about how good M&D is but how bad the parents are. And I use M&D as an example because they seem to be the target right now. I like when my daughter plays them, they have a team that is fun to watch. If you're up 15-5 you shouldn't be saying anything at all. It's not a everyone get a trophy thing is a respect thing for the sport and others. And respect to the team that just took the 15-5 loss and still didn’t quit. Kids see your actions and would you like your kids treating other kids like this, that's up to you guys as a parent. Look forward to see you at the field

Very well said. And I will add, your daughters read this forum. If you think they don't, your are sorely mistaken. They talk about this forum among their friends and teammates. They wonder which post was made by their mom or dad. They wonder if they are the one being trashed and talked about. How do I know? Because my daughter told me so. She told me the conversations she and her teammates have. She told me how they pull this forum up on their phones during the school day to see what has been said about them. She told me girls Snapchat screenshots of posts to friends on other teams. She has told me how, even though names are not used, they can figure out easily which player/coach/parent is getting trashed. And the question they ask is why do moms and dads act like this. Well done parents. You have shown your maturity levels are much lower than your daughters. Even your DAUGHTER shakes her head at your behavior.

Go ahead parents, respond to this with some witty "well if your daughter didn't suck so bad, we wouldn't talk about her.", or something similar. Make fun of this post and tell me if I don't like it, don't read it. Prove me right. Prove your DAUGHTER right. Keep embarrassing her, your 13yr old daughter.

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard