BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have you ever tried to catch a mouse? Thats what its like out maneuvering a small quick attackman, unless you corner him!

I played D1 25 years ago (yeah, I'm old). I HATED covering small quick players at mid or attack. Also, gentlemen there is a difference between fast and quick. Obviously, athletic gifts are always helpful. I was an athlete with a less than stellar stick. In today's game, I would have played LSM. Times change.
LSM nowadays have better stick skills than the attack I played against when I was in college, 27 years ago. My 8th grade team would probably beat my HS team with the current rules.

Eh, you'd be surprised. I played in college back around the turn of this century (guess I'm a bit younger than you guys, ha!), and I still play in a few club leagues in New [lacrosse] (teammates are mostly recent D1 grads along with a number of current players).

Aside from more expensive equipment and much deeper college rosters, the game really hasn't changed too much.
When I played my job was crease defense. Anyone who came near the cage with the ball got leveled. No one step rule for body checks. As long as the player was looking at you, you could hit them. That was a different game than is played today.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you ever tried to catch a mouse? Thats what its like out maneuvering a small quick attackman, unless you corner him!

I played D1 25 years ago (yeah, I'm old). I HATED covering small quick players at mid or attack. Also, gentlemen there is a difference between fast and quick. Obviously, athletic gifts are always helpful. I was an athlete with a less than stellar stick. In today's game, I would have played LSM. Times change.
LSM nowadays have better stick skills than the attack I played against when I was in college, 27 years ago. My 8th grade team would probably beat my HS team with the current rules.

Eh, you'd be surprised. I played in college back around the turn of this century (guess I'm a bit younger than you guys, ha!), and I still play in a few club leagues in New [lacrosse] (teammates are mostly recent D1 grads along with a number of current players).

Aside from more expensive equipment and much deeper college rosters, the game really hasn't changed too much.
When I played my job was crease defense. Anyone who came near the cage with the ball got leveled. No one step rule for body checks. As long as the player was looking at you, you could hit them. That was a different game than is played today.

I hear you. Our coach taught us a cheat slide for dodging wing attackmen and also from X. We'd skip the crease slide and come from strong side middie. It was simply meant to surprise and we loved it. Basically it was a free shot on a guy, really got him thinking about the hit rather than scoring for rest of the game. If a guy was doing damage, we'd use it. Different game then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear you. Our coach taught us a cheat slide for dodging wing attackmen and also from X. We'd skip the crease slide and come from strong side middie. It was simply meant to surprise and we loved it. Basically it was a free shot on a guy, really got him thinking about the hit rather than scoring for rest of the game. If a guy was doing damage, we'd use it. Different game then.
If you did that know, 2 minute unreleasable. It is a much different game. My kid's travel team would be able to keep up with my varsity team based on Stick skills. The only thing we would have is size and speed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank goodness it is a different game today than played back then. College coaches and NCAA is doing everything they can to take the violence out of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quack

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of club team looking for 2 D players? Preferably Nassau based?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 34 out of Garden City may be looking. I know nothing about them. But heard they are looking. Do your home work on any team you consider. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 24 out of Garden City may beclooking not 34. Last post was a typo. I know nothing about them. Do your homework for any team you consider. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since most the Catholics school have their invites out, which towns will be impacted the most. Which Catholics benefit the most?

(looking for Quality not Quantity)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 24 out of Garden City may beclooking not 34. Last post was a typo. I know nothing about them. Do your homework for any team you consider. Good luck.

I think the Recon B team is looking for Players and the 91 "Academy" (C) team are also looking. 91 is out of Farmingdale though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since most the Catholics school have their invites out, which towns will be impacted the most. Which Catholics benefit the most?

Smithtown/91 faceoff mid is going to Chaminade, that puts a big crimp on their future. Half the Garden City team took the test, so most of their better players may be going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown/91 faceoff mid is going to Chaminade, that puts a big crimp on their future. Half the Garden City team took the test, so most of their better players may be going.

One player does not make a program successful or not. Fogos in grades above and below can get the job done. Now, half the GC team is another issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get your facts straight, he is NOT going to Chaminade!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does Bayshore lose so many, heard a ton were leaving? Always thought they would've had good '17, '19, '21 grades. What happened. Those were supposed to be big years. (Not to mention the big '18 goalie and '20 attack). Talk about what could have been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does Bayshore lose so many, heard a ton were leaving? Always thought they would've had good '17, '19, '21 grades. What happened. Those were supposed to be big years. (Not to mention the big '18 goalie and '20 attack). Talk about what could have been.

Hate to be the one to say it, but look at the demographics of Bay Shore from now compared to 2000 or earlier. You'll have your answer as to why kids leave the school district.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares,

Best message board comeback of all time. "No one cares," said the guy who cared enough to post that no one cares. I guess you do care, then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One player does not make a program successful or not. Fogos in grades above and below can get the job done. Now, half the GC team is another issue.

umm.....they have two other committed fogos ahead of him, don't think he will be missed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prob close to 1/2 GC lax boys take chaminade test every year ...not a big deal, a fraction will go... just wait till Sept before spreading rumors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC loses several quality players each year....more than any other town. If all those kids stayed in GC you would see a noticeable difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such thing as the Chaminade test. There is a test for the Catholic High Schools, but no guarantee of entry into Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

umm.....they have two other committed fogos ahead of him, don't think he will be missed.

umm.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear umm.... you should know that this 13 year old is a lot more than a fogo. No one knows what the future holds, lets see what this kid looks like when he is 15 or 16. He is a good player and a great friend and teammate to those he plays with and will positively affect any high school he goes to whether he plays football, lacrosse or nothing at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right he's going to St. Anthony's, lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear umm.... you should know that this 13 year old is a lot more than a fogo. No one knows what the future holds, lets see what this kid looks like when he is 15 or 16. He is a good player and a great friend and teammate to those he plays with and will positively affect any high school he goes to whether he plays football, lacrosse or nothing at all.

I'm sure he is, but to make a comment that one kid leaving for a private school will put a "big crimp" in the future of a successful HS program is a little much, especially when the team has such depth. Good luck to the boy, I'm sure he'll do well wearever he goes/ plays and Stown will be fine with or without

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure he is, but to make a comment that one kid leaving for a private school will put a "big crimp" in the future of a successful HS program is a little much, especially when the team has such depth. Good luck to the boy, I'm sure he'll do well wearever he goes/ plays and Stown will be fine with or without

Fair enough. Thank you, I understand what you are saying. East is a tremendous program with a great coach and awesome young men. Some random person who does not know the kid or his family started this conjecture. Hopefully this topic is ended. I thought persons posting were supposed to stay clear of starting threads in which kids can be easily identifiable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid taking his spot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Implying what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey MOM Your embarrassing yourself and your boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not the mom, like people said, who cares? stop talking about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey MOM Your embarrassing yourself and your boy

Nice. Shaming the "Mom" after demeaning the kid. You are piece of work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all the mom's fault!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Lifetime/Bravo/MTV start filming "The Mommies of LaxBros?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Lifetime/Bravo/MTV start filming "The Mommies of LaxBros?"

LOL Love it!!!! Maybe they can do an investigative show on whats in the solo cup also...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[lacrosse] bag is going to blame it on a mom...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy how parents think a 8th grade kid is special, big public schools adjust to kids leaving for Catholic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[lacrosse] bag is going to blame it on a mom...

Moms come on here trying to create buzz about their kid, doesn't take a genius to figure that out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when is BOTC going to shut down this thread that is clearly about one kid? isn't that in their rules???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or they come on here to see what the [lacrosse] bag dads, who are trying to live vicariously through their kid, have to say. They don't call it "mommy ball" now do they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Carolina defeats 91 Blaze today after being down four goals.

Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard