BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,644
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 268 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
College coach telling the kids he's going to run them until they puke...that's a program that isn't winning much. Not sure you have any dealings with a D-1 program, because that just isn't happening. More likely, if your parents call to complain you'll never see the field. Then you're life will be made miserable until you leave the program. That's reality. Running til you puke is what HS coaches do.

Actually you're 100% wrong. Know first hand of a current top ten coach that ran his team this past fall until kids puked. Further, one kid passed out. He then punished the team with even more running because the one kid passed out. Oh and the initial running was just "conditioning". You Sir, have no idea what these Coaches are capable of.
Oh, did you see the big guy on side lines for Hop last night? You are aware that as little as a 3 or 4 years ago he made his players run from Homewood field to the USNA. Because he didn't like the way they were practicing. Get a map out and see how far that is??? Its about as far off as your understanding of how things ARE handled.

If you know first hand, name the school, or just more of your silliness and nonsense. You have no clue, as your entire post is NONSENSE. Your son is a self absorbed di*k bag just like you, therefore his HS coach told the college coach as such. Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OB is not top 10 but did make the semi-finals in Class C last year. Teams in a higher class that they beat include Hicksville, Friends Academy, Carle Place, Wheatley, Malverne, Calhoun, Herricks, Plainview. Newest Varsity program in Nassau, only been around a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here are my predictions for the top ten in Nassau

#1) CSH - sometimes little is better
#2) GC - just imagine if they could keep kids from Chaminade
#3) Syo - they will stick together like ig glue
#4) LV - will be better then expected
#5) 'Set - #26 and #61 apparently are very good
#6) Mass - lots of young talent
#7) Lyn - will be a tough out
#8) Want - getting closer every year
#9) Farm - lost a ton but always scrappy
#10) Oyster Bay - clear sailing to LIC

OB - seriously?? Just because they get into LIC by virtue of no other teams in Class D does not make them Top 10. EVERY other team in Class C is better than they are!

Thank you captain Obvious, it was a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have raised a serious topic, but have provided little detail. What is the issue with the coach? Are you saying he just doesn't like your son? That sounds very odd. I have encountered many coaches in my life. None have put personal likes or dislikes in front of a young man's education/future. Even those coaches who were complete ball breakers. There has to be more to this story. Can you elaborate?

This is a serious topic, HS coaches shouldn't play God with a kids future. Don't like a kid? Keep it to yourself. As for trying to sell a college coach on another player? Save that for another call.

Agreed. No idea what the answer is... Your F'ed either way a parent.
Only advice to help limit vindictive Coach, is have your SON ask HS coach, if he would offer college recommendation. If answer is YES, ask HS coach for permission to copy on College email correspondence...and/ or ask HS coach to copy (player) on email recommendations send to College Coach...
AND DO NOT experiment this with your son's first choice...

Not sure why the HS coach should hide the fact that a kid is a sh*t? You keep bringing up the shortcomings of the coach, address the kid's issues, not the adults.

Why do you assume the kid did anything wrong?

So holdbacks are OK? Listen I don't care about holdbacks, I don't do it and I don't care if you do it. But way too many parents on BOTC freak out about it, then they give a pass to the guy who does it, saying hey it's OK it made it more competitive. Either it's OK or it's not. Can't have it both ways. His actions and his kids actions showed all the other parents that a year can make a difference. How do you know someone didn't hold back their kid after seeing this?

you are starting an argument with yourself, nobody has said anything about hold backs so I do not understand your rant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coach telling the kids he's going to run them until they puke...that's a program that isn't winning much. Not sure you have any dealings with a D-1 program, because that just isn't happening. More likely, if your parents call to complain you'll never see the field. Then you're life will be made miserable until you leave the program. That's reality. Running til you puke is what HS coaches do.

Actually you're 100% wrong. Know first hand of a current top ten coach that ran his team this past fall until kids puked. Further, one kid passed out. He then punished the team with even more running because the one kid passed out. Oh and the initial running was just "conditioning". You Sir, have no idea what these Coaches are capable of.
Oh, did you see the big guy on side lines for Hop last night? You are aware that as little as a 3 or 4 years ago he made his players run from Homewood field to the USNA. Because he didn't like the way they were practicing. Get a map out and see how far that is??? Its about as far off as your understanding of how things ARE handled.

If you know first hand, name the school, or just more of your silliness and nonsense. You have no clue, as your entire post is NONSENSE. Your son is a self absorbed di*k bag just like you, therefore his HS coach told the college coach as such. Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Hey PUNK, you had better watch your step. I know one of the monitors on this board, not too hard to figure out who you are. You don't know me or my son. I'll tell you one thing, keep running your mouth and we're going to get introduced. I never said anything about your kid. As far as my posts are concerned above, 100% accurate. BTW, mines committed and had many choices, and his HS Coach loves him. Be careful there key board tough guy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're a clown! You know a monitor? I'm terrified! Loser, still haven't given one detail to verify you're bs post though. You posted the information then when you didn't like what you read got personal. What did you provide anyone here? Just your whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the Chammy site>>>>>

Breaking news from last nights Chammy sports meeting.!!It is being reported that Chammy will combine the frosh/JV players and have them play varsity this year and have the current Juniors/Seniors play the Chammy frosh schedule. The reason being since all Jr's/Sr's are committed to top D1 schools no use in playing the varsity schedule. The frosh/Sophs who also are all committed to top D1 schools will get some experience this year playing varsity schedule. Next year Chammy will play a full MLL schedule which will include professional box and field seasons. NCAA has ruled that because Chammy is the top rated school in the country all players will keep their amateur status. Chammy red will be the official color for USA lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Hey PUNK, you had better watch your step. I know one of the monitors on this board, not too hard to figure out who you are. You don't know me or my son. I'll tell you one thing, keep running your mouth and we're going to get introduced. I never said anything about your kid. As far as my posts are concerned above, 100% accurate. BTW, mines committed and had many choices, and his HS Coach loves him. Be careful there key board tough guy. [/quote]

Ah the irony - calling another guy a keyboard tough guy all the while invoking a threat of your own. As a third party watching this banter play out between you two, it's laughable that you did exactly what you criticized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey PUNK, you had better watch your step. I know one of the monitors on this board, not too hard to figure out who you are. You don't know me or my son. I'll tell you one thing, keep running your mouth and we're going to get introduced. I never said anything about your kid. As far as my posts are concerned above, 100% accurate. BTW, mines committed and had many choices, and his HS Coach loves him. Be careful there key board tough guy. [/quote]

Ah the irony - calling another guy a keyboard tough guy all the while invoking a threat of your own. As a third party watching this banter play out between you two, it's laughable that you did exactly what you criticized. [/quote]

Perfect post. I really love the "we're going to get introduced" line....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best midfield in Nassau is CSH and Smithtown East in Suffolk - includes faceoffs ...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh yeah...well I know someone who monitors this board so you are wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you're 100% wrong. Know first hand of a current top ten coach that ran his team this past fall until kids puked. Further, one kid passed out. He then punished the team with even more running because the one kid passed out. Oh and the initial running was
just "conditioning". You Sir, have no idea what these Coaches are capable of.
Oh, did you see the big guy on side lines for Hop last night? You are aware that as little
as a 3 or 4 years ago he made his players run from Homewood field to the USNA. Because he didn't like the way they were practicing. Get a map out and see how far that is??? Its about as far off as your understanding of how things ARE handled.

Hey PUNK, you had better watch your step. I know one of the monitors on this board, not too hard to figure out who you are. You don't know me or my son. I'll tell you one thing, keep running your mouth and we're going to get introduced. I never said anything about your kid. As far as my posts are concerned above, 100% accurate. BTW, mines committed and had many choices, and his HS Coach loves him. Be careful there key board tough guy.

Lighten up... Francis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Edward Snowden ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the coach who blacklisted also loves the blacklistee?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You two should fight after school, behind the building like most 6th graders do! Geez

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok that's it!!! to the monitors office with you!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that like a hall monitor?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you better watch your step. you looking to get introduced?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Putin?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one time, at band camp..I got introduced to the monitor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it the same as bathroom monitor.....and can a gender fluid person be a monitor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monitor lizards have long necks, powerful tails and claws, and well-developed limbs. Or...A monitor was a relatively small warship which was neither fast nor strongly armoured but carried disproportionately large guns (sounds like a few lax dads I know).....Or People who closely monitor themselves are categorized as high self-monitors and often behave in a manner that is highly responsive to social cues and their situational context. High self-monitors can be thought of as social pragmatists who project images in an attempt to impress others and receive positive feedback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Monitor is a newspaper that covers international and United States current events

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you better watch your step. you looking to get introduced?

2.make (someone) known by name to another in person, especially formally:

"I hope to introduce Jenny to them very soon"

synonyms: present (formally) · make known · acquaint with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No introduction needed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as far as introductions go...

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of shots and saves
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many soul to waste

And I was 'round when Jimmy Brown
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Chanenchuck
Washed his hands and held extra clinics

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my URL
But what's pissing you off
Is the nature of my anonymity

Please to meet you
hope you guess my name . . . .

or at least know a moderator that will tell it to you . . ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha....tremendous.

that ladies and gents is a TKO...down goes tough guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best post ever !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you believe HS coaches are irrelevant, you are not in the process. Common sense dictates that the coach you are PAYING is going to be biased in a positive manner toward the player. Basically a HS coach has no axe to grind with a kid, unless there is something going on, such as a disaster of a parent or the kid is a cancer on the team.
If the college coach already knew about these players why did he bother with the call to the coach? Sounds like he knew all he needed to know. The HS coach gave him his opinion and the college coach didn't like it? Sounds really odd to me. What HS are we talking about here?

Actually, done with the process. Of the 6 schools very interested, only ONE called the HS Coach. Again, if you read my post, I was talking about a HS Coach who has a profit motive, there are plenty. Some will be pissed that you chose to play travel over School Summer team. When the College Coach speaks to the Club Coach, he can let him know that the HS Coach has an axe to grind because you didn't pay to play!!! Get it now, Dummy?
For those kids whose parents are a problem, I assure you, if the College Coach thinks the kids skill set will help win games, he'll deal with it. Simply by telling his players if I get one call from one your parents, you'll ALL run till you puke everyday next week...

You brought all this up, then got defensive, I assume much like your BRAT of a son. I'm sure that is the issue. You should all go hug each other. GOT IT DUMMY! Do me a favor go [lacrosse]*k yourself you self absorbed jerk.

Listen DUMMY, I have no idea what your incoherent post even means... Don't worry about mine. Well adjusted young man, just like Dad. You? Not so much.

You're a cry baby, so is your son, that's why he got blacklisted. Funny if he's committed, no worries so name the HS he attends, or is your entire post BS just like your son's attitude. Next time STUPID don't post your kids emotional issues on BOTC, MORON

Hey PUNK! F78K off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're a clown! You know a monitor? I'm terrified! Loser, still haven't given one detail to verify you're bs post though. You posted the information then when you didn't like what you read got personal. What did you provide anyone here? Just your whining.

Hey PUNK, watch your step! We'll soon be introduced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monitor-Deluge guns are often fitted to fire boats, tug boats, and on top of large fire trucks for use in manual firefighting efforts, where they can be aimed and operated by one firefighter and are used to deliver water or foam from outside the immediate area of the fire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best post ever !

yup!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with the PUNK thing? Does that mean you're yelling?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

punk

/pəNGk/

noun

noun: punk; noun: punk rock; plural noun: punk rocks; plural noun: punks

a loud, fast-moving, and aggressive form of rock music, popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

•an admirer or player of punk rock, typically characterized by colored spiked hair and clothing decorated with safety pins or zippers.
noun: punk rocker; plural noun: punk rockers

North Americaninformal
a worthless person (often used as a general term of abuse).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

punk

/pəNGk/

noun

noun: punk; noun: punk rock; plural noun: punk rocks; plural noun: punks

a loud, fast-moving, and aggressive form of rock music, popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

•an admirer or player of punk rock, typically characterized by colored spiked hair and clothing decorated with safety pins or zippers.
noun: punk rocker; plural noun: punk rockers

North Americaninformal
a worthless person (often used as a general term of abuse).

I think he is in a band. Wants to be introduced

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it's a punk band?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got it.....PUNKY Brewster, darling of tv from the early 90's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C'mon people......Sympathy for The Devil, Punky Brewster, Dirty Harry.....haven't we gone off the rails here?!?!?!

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 268 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard