BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hi newer to lax parent with a 2021. We live in NJ/PA area. We are NOT in a hotbed area, but on A team of viable club. Looking for info on Showcases. I asked in the 2021 thread but too much bickering to notice my question. Particularly what showcases are worth it - we are not recruiting yet but getting feet wet. Also looking at participation as a way to have 1:1 against some great competition. NXT Summer Showcase, FL$, Brine, UA tryouts, Super Saturday Winter Blitz by Sinc Sports, etc. are these all money grabs ? Are any necessary ? ANY insight/opinions/wisdom very much appreciated.

We found Brine was not worth the money (in our opinion).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi newer to lax parent with a 2021. We live in NJ/PA area. We are NOT in a hotbed area, but on A team of viable club. Looking for info on Showcases. I asked in the 2021 thread but too much bickering to notice my question. Particularly what showcases are worth it - we are not recruiting yet but getting feet wet. Also looking at participation as a way to have 1:1 against some great competition. NXT Summer Showcase, FL$, Brine, UA tryouts, Super Saturday Winter Blitz by Sinc Sports, etc. are these all money grabs ? Are any necessary ? ANY insight/opinions/wisdom very much appreciated.

Based on my daughter's experience so far (she's a 2020), showcase events are not necessary. We are not at all in a hotbed area, as in a two hour flight from Baltimore. Her club does travel to some summer and fall recruiting tournaments in the Northeast which helps the girls get some exposure for recruiting, but we can't get to as many as teams from the NE. This fall my daughter's team played clubs from NJ, PA, LI and DC area - good teams that do place girls in top college programs, but not the same caliber as YJ Blue and M&D Black - and still there were a lot of coaches from top programs on the sidelines. Some programs that my daughter emailed before the tournament watched her play and reached out to her coach afterwards, and some programs that she had not contacted reached out. Some girls will not generate any or much interest in 9th grade, but will in 10th grade.

Based on the events you asked about, I am only somewhat familiar with Brine and UA. Brine is considered lower tier even where we live. Girls from the top club and high school teams usually do not bother trying out. UA draws stronger players, and maybe is worth trying out for if your region is known for having college coaches at tryouts. We have heard Elite 120 is worthwhile and draws a lot of college coaches, so we registered for that one (this was back in October - it may be too late to get invited for 2017, but you can check with your club about nominations).

Look into Maximum Exposure camp. My daughter went this past summer and really enjoyed it. She only got on the radar of a couple of coaches while there, but she had a lot of fun and it provided her with an idea of how she stacked up against good players from well known clubs. It is a 4 day, 3 night resident camp that is equivalent in cost to some two day showcases that do not include meals or housing. I've also heard good things about Triple Threat camp in VA, but have no personal experience.

Good luck to your daughter and try to have fun with the process. We took the approach of first helping our daughter identify schools with good academics and size/surrounding area that she prefers - someplace we would consider to be an appealing option even in absence of lacrosse. Then she began reaching out to those schools this past summer and fall. A few clubs (one especially that I'm aware of) seem to push starting this process in 8th grade, but we have no regrets waiting until middle school ended. Some 2020s have committed, but there are still a lot of spots left to be filled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did lacrosse become a fulltime job in college?

When college coaches realized that having a winning program can translate into large amounts of cash in their pockets for camps, clinics, equipment, speaking engagements and summer travel clubs - Amonte, Gait, etc. would probably coach for free to keep those revenue streams alive - the players are financial assets to them

You mean Levy, Reese, right?

they would be included in the etc category

My daughter is at a school ranked between 50-75 and she is spending 2x more time with the team then on her classes and that was technically in the in Falls offseason. BTW for this her award was $4,250

Is she passing her classes? After all isn't that what its all about?

Yes, that is what it is all about. More people should realize that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have a list of divivion 1 January / February 5 v 5 or 7 v 7 clicics for high school players? If not where can I find some. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have a list of divivion 1 January / February 5 v 5 or 7 v 7 clicics for high school players? If not where can I find some. Thanks

It's over the season starts in February, so I doubt any programs will try to run tourneys or clinics anytime soon

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC has one on JAN 22 but I believe it's booked, but there maybe a wait list. Great clinic , fun 3v3 tourney, beautiful school in a perfect spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BC JAN event is a money grab. If you do not receive a personal Invite through your club coach, you are just a number. The targeted 2020 and 2021 players, and they are definitely given advance billing (and I might add, most are worthy of the advance hype) are all put together and get all the attention. With the huge number of attendees it is Virtually impossible to get "noticed" or a fair look if you are not on their radar already.

Coaches are raking it in!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree on that assessment ! $ grab if not on list .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What large camp is not a money grab. UNC, Syracuse and Duke have 250+ kids at their camps and they mostly scrimmage for 3 days. That equates to about $125,000 per camp. UNC holds at least 3 camps per year - it is all about $$. BC is a full day - 2 hour clinic followed by about 5-6 hours of 3v3 play. With only 150 kids there a very good player has a good chance of getting noticed. That being said, there is always a list of kids the coach is watching closely at every camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw BC first hand a couple of years ago. 150 kids cramped on one field inside a bubble. At least the other camps have lots of other schools coaches there and adequate space. Slim to none if your not on the radar. If your club coach has any relationship with the staff of a particular school and they are comfortable with your kids play. Ask them to give the staff a heads up your kid will be there and if they can keep an eye out. It worked in our case. Anything to increase your chances of catching there eyes for a bit.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BC JAN event is a money grab. If you do not receive a personal Invite through your club coach, you are just a number. The targeted 2020 and 2021 players, and they are definitely given advance billing (and I might add, most are worthy of the advance hype) are all put together and get all the attention. With the huge number of attendees it is Virtually impossible to get "noticed" or a fair look if you are not on their radar already.

Coaches are raking it in!

would that be pretty much the same across the board? My daughter was reached out to by a top program after fall tourneys (through our club director) once about attending a camp in December (which she didn't attend), and then most recently to be put on a house team of recruits/prospects in a 5 v 5 or 7 v 7 one day thing. Weren't sure if this was just a money grab or kicking the tires. decided since the coach emailed a second time it was our turn to kick the tires. Guess we will find out. somewhat hopeful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's good start. They want to see how she's play with commits and other prospects . If it's a school,she's interested in do it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did under armour 150 invitations go out yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8pm tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes - Under Armor 150 invites did go out. Deadline for acceptance was 12/1/16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe there is a second wave of invitations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8pm tonight

Are they going to be posted online??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was the deadline for the application

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone actually receive an invite today ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8pm thanks, my daughter's anxiously waiting...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of those applicants actually send videos in? Any ideas?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did NOT go out yet. They are emailed out at 8pm est

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that 8pm update, I've been obsessively refreshing my email every 2.4 seconds 😂 Good luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of those applicants actually send videos in? Any ideas?

We did not send a video, just letters from club and hs coach. Plus some of her accomplishments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that 8pm update, I've been obsessively refreshing my email every 2.4 seconds 😂 Good luck to all

Correct me if I am wrong, the invites went out, all you had to do was accept. If you accepted back when they were due, you are in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct me if I am wrong, the invites went out, all you had to do was accept. If you accepted back when they were due, you are in.

We are talking about the UnderArmour 150.

There was an application process that closed on December 1, 2016.

Apparently "over 900" applications for 2021 and 2020 were received.

They will select the top 150 for each class. Sounds like invites are emailed tonight at 8 p.m.

Good luck to all the girls (and their parents).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will select the top 150 for each class. Sounds like invites are emailed tonight at 8 p.m.

Unbelievable 900 people begging for a spot that is mostly political. So sad. Just another example of money, power and politics ruining this once great sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who makes choices and how are choices made?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This does not include any committed kids - correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We sent a short video but most of it was from home footage that was kind of grainy and unfocused at times but was mostly 1v1, -and we did have one pro film but that was from my daughter playing up and in a different position than she applied for. I figured that even a few good clips would show she has excellent stick skills and her strength on 1v1, at the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get too excited it's not that good an event ? Did you see the list of schools last year? It's a B level event. Elite120 is the real deal. Look at that list. Scoop an invite up from there and watch what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"They will select the top 150 for each class. Sounds like invites are emailed tonight at 8 p.m. "

That is a joke, right? They select 150 players. The "Top" has nothing to do with it. There is no tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results are up, you can log int the website and see if your daughter made it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We sent a short video but most of it was from home footage that was kind of grainy and unfocused at times but was mostly 1v1, -and we did have one pro film but that was from my daughter playing up and in a different position than she applied for. I figured that even a few good clips would show she has excellent stick skills and her strength on 1v1, at the least.

Did she get selected? I wish we could see if those who sent video did better in getting selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, she was accepted. I am also curious re: video - I really debated not submitting due to the poor quality and my crappy edits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the YJ 20's did the top 2 teams get much stronger or were the roster changes just window dressing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Political appointees

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could this affect our girls verbaling right now?

Lane Kiffin is just the latest coach to pull a verbal scholarship offer hiding behind a coaching change. This year in college football and basketball a record number of scholarships are not being honored. The two issues everyone is citing is change in coaching and that the players were recruited at too early of an age and things have changed.

Will lacrosse be next? If the big do it there should be concern that that the minor sports will follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the YJ 20's did the top 2 teams get much stronger or were the roster changes just window dressing?

Maybe the B team got stronger .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verbal commits are worth nothing, they are in their own right to not follow up with the scholorship.

Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard