BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,418
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 274 of 327 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, we consider leaving YJ a step up. My daughter plays at the same level as the best YJ girls, so playing time was not the issue. We left because we didn't like the club philosophy and development model. My daughter is doing fabulous and will have her choice of schools. We had the choice to be followers or actually act in the best interest of our daughter, glad we did.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed, we consider leaving YJ a step up. My daughter plays at the same level as the best YJ girls, so playing time was not the issue. We left because we didn't like the club philosophy and development model. My daughter is doing fabulous and will have her choice of schools. We had the choice to be followers or actually act in the best interest of our daughter, glad we did.

Thats awesome, where did you move to and what age group? I think a lot of other kids would like to join you. Who wouldn't want to be fabulous and have their choice of schools. Thanks in advance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep selling your soul to the devil, keep losing friends, keep alienating yourself from everyone on your HS team.

As long as little Shannon gets to verbal the ends justify the means. And 95% of the Shannon's will commit to ok colleges with just ok lacrosse. Only a handful will do anything meaningful so enjoy the ride, try keeping your friends and keep perspective that its a game and it does in fact end pretty soon. Happy New Years!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Go on your own site!
you made your choice now live with it.

I do not believe you I think you are from another club trying to recruit.....

MAYBE... SOUNDS LIKE IT TO ME.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Go on your own site!
you made your choice now live with it.

I do not believe you I think you are from another club trying to recruit.....

MAYBE... SOUNDS LIKE IT TO ME.

He's not tying to recruit just trying to convince himself and everyone else that he's actually happier and better off. It's usually someone demoted from the A team and they just can't let it go. YJA is the only LI team people don't willingly walk from.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats awesome, where did you move to and what age group? I think a lot of other kids would like to join you. Who wouldn't want to be fabulous and have their choice of schools. Thanks in advance

Yes mommy you consider it a step up because your daughter was on the C team. If you don't like yJ go on your teams thread that no one is on because the clubs irrelevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep selling your soul to the devil, keep losing friends, keep alienating yourself from everyone on your HS team.

As long as little Shannon gets to verbal the ends justify the means. And 95% of the Shannon's will commit to ok colleges with just ok lacrosse. Only a handful will do anything meaningful so enjoy the ride, try keeping your friends and keep perspective that its a game and it does in fact end pretty soon. Happy New Years!

Blue parents are the absolute worst. Don't ever turn your back on them. Me first all the way everyday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue parents are the absolute worst. Don't ever turn your back on them. Me first all the way everyday

You are the most pathetic of people . Your kid was obviously not on a top just team and your ego could not accept it so you left the club. Now your obsession begins because your kid is getting little to no looks and now everything will be YJ fault. You need help your obsession with all things YJ is disturbing at best .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the most pathetic of people . Your kid was obviously not on a top just team and your ego could not accept it so you left the club. Now your obsession begins because your kid is getting little to no looks and now everything will be YJ fault. You need help your obsession with all things YJ is disturbing at best .

Of course it is disturbing to you....😂 You need to take the daddy ball blinders off!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Keep selling your soul to the devil, keep losing friends, keep alienating yourself from everyone on your HS team.

You are the most pathetic of people . Your kid was obviously not on a top just team and your ego could not accept it so you left the club. Now your obsession begins because your kid is getting little to no looks and now everything will be YJ fault. You need help your obsession with all things YJ is disturbing at best . [/quote

Pretty sure it's your kid getting no "looks" , mine is doing just fine, tons of interest, glad we have options ....someone a little jealous that YJ hype didn't pay off? We couldn't be happier! How about you?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to stop. It doesn't matter what club your daughter plays for. If your daughters team has more than 21 girls find a smaller club. I have nothing against YJ, my daughter started on the top team and they were great for her. As time went on her friends flocked to the TOP team as it was new and promised hands on SS experience. That lasted 1 year- exactly. Those who left were welcomed back to YJ, but many had younger siblings who chose 96 +1 or the way v. Both excellent hands on aggressive recruiting help. TG crapped the bed, crappy coaching and crappy grouchy directors. Those girls that got in schools to play lacrosse has zero help- especially the 2017 teams and any 18 not going to Hofstra. Granted half (maybe more than) girls committed to D1 schools will be transferring after fall ball (I miss my mommy, boyfriend, bed, it's so hard they never let me play, it's too much exercise)but I think the girls from any club that based their decision on non lax ideology will excel. The smart bet is on a school that plays freshman and where your parents can see you play, in addition to be able to come home once a month. That's what worked out for us, great D2 money and get to travel to see team play plus generous athletic and academic money. Please listen to your child- they love YJ, it's a great club. The only other club that gives a good another of help is way v. Don't discount it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello all. New to this. Is the Blue team considered one of the better teams in yellow jackets. I heard they don't do well at most tournaments. Is that why the parents are not liked. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it a step down?
Are they the only game in town?
Only place that provides out standing training all season?
You stay because your afraid...silly boys and girls....my experience is very different in our club...smaller and quality off season work being dine[/quote]

You know what's so sad? You bashing YJ on Christmas. Don't have anything better to do? lol I guess the company you have at the holidays' is so pathetic that you are trolling the YJ site to get your rocks off! Looser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it a step down?
You stay because your afraid...silly boys and girls....my experience is very different in our club...smaller and quality off season work being dine

You know what's so sad? You bashing YJ on Christmas. Don't have anything better to do? lol I guess the company you have at the holidays' is so pathetic that you are trolling the YJ site to get your rocks off! Looser! [/quote]

I'm not Catholic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello all. New to this. Is the Blue team considered one of the better teams in yellow jackets. I heard they don't do well at most tournaments. Is that why the parents are not liked. Thanks

Nice try. Need to be a little less obvious when you toss your bait out like that - though I'm sure somebody will bite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
CR would recommend you play on the moon if she thought it was good for her program. YJ parents want it both ways, we all suck if we don't ply YJ but then make excuses when their Shannon's end up playing at some low ranked lax program with crappy academics

cr's main concern is...money, and there are more than enough suckers that believe the hype to keep him swimming in their cash for years to come. he'll be vacationing on a tropical island soon with their cash and they'll be left with nothing more than a uniform. It's coming.

Yet you do desperately want a spot on the top team and if offered would jump in a heartbeat! But don't fret you are in good company. No other club on LI gets anywhere near the hatred and the crap spewed about them. That tells me they are relevant otherwise nobody would care.
Continue on.....

I hate CR and my daughter is a starter that plays significant minutes on a blue team. Hate is even too soft of a word. More like I wouldn't [lacrosse] on her if she was on fire.

I would [lacrosse] on Carol Rose even if she wasn't on fire...

Classy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it a step down?
You stay because your afraid...silly boys and girls....my experience is very different in our club...smaller and quality off season work being dine

You know what's so sad? You bashing YJ on Christmas. Don't have anything better to do? lol I guess the company you have at the holidays' is so pathetic that you are trolling the YJ site to get your rocks off! Looser!

I'm not Catholic. [/quote]

Maybe not, but I know what you are..... alone whatever you are celebrating!! Troll & a loser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it a step down?

You know what's so sad? You bashing YJ on Christmas. Don't have anything better to do? lol I guess the company you have at the holidays' is so pathetic that you are trolling the YJ site to get your rocks off! Looser![/quote]

You know what else is sad? Spelling "loser" as "Looser." Since facts don't matter to you why should spelling either?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, throwing an extra "O" in a word, or trolling lax site on Christmas........Looooooooser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why juvenile comments get posted. For any person new and old to this forum please keep in mind.......for every [1] YJ hater, there are at least [10] that like/love YJ. That is not an opinion, that's just reality. Do not rely on any of the clubs which includes YJ to get your daughter better and or recruited. It's up to you and your daughter on your own time. Way too many kids have this sense of entitlement {most likely their parent's fault. Stop enabling the kids!!}. Don't blame the director or the coach or F&F. If your daughter is not working at getting better on her own {after or between practices}, she'll fall behind the pack. If your daughter does not put in the work on her own.....which includes her own efforts in getting recruited, you too will be on this forum blaming others as to why she was not recruited. Before you sign up for any college clinic or camp, do you and your daughter a huge favor and be real with how she compares to others. Why go to a clinic/camp at a top D1 college if your daughter is not a top D1 player. Put the extra work in if your daughter wants to play in college. Just be sure it's what she wants......it's not about you!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why juvenile comments get posted. For any person new and old to this forum please keep in mind.......for every [1] YJ hater, there are at least [10] that like/love YJ. That is not an opinion, that's just reality. Do not rely on any of the clubs which includes YJ to get your daughter better and or recruited. It's up to you and your daughter on your own time. Way too many kids have this sense of entitlement {most likely their parent's fault. Stop enabling the kids!!}. Don't blame the director or the coach or F&F. If your daughter is not working at getting better on her own {after or between practices}, she'll fall behind the pack. If your daughter does not put in the work on her own.....which includes her own efforts in getting recruited, you too will be on this forum blaming others as to why she was not recruited. Before you sign up for any college clinic or camp, do you and your daughter a huge favor and be real with how she compares to others. Why go to a clinic/camp at a top D1 college if your daughter is not a top D1 player. Put the extra work in if your daughter wants to play in college. Just be sure it's what she wants......it's not about you!!

I'll respectfully disagree with the hate/love ratio you have for yj, but whatever. However, I will wholeheartedly agree with everything else you said. Way too many parents think it's the clubs job to get their little ray of sunshine into a college lacrosse program. It is not! Like you said, it is up to the player and the parents to get where little sunshine wants to be. Kudos to you, well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the top two teams are considered Blue and the next two teams are Gold. Basically they have two A teams and two B teams. They don't say but would have to guess the 5th and 6th teams are considered C teams but they actually beat all LI B teams. Hope that helps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF your number one goal in life is to get your daughter to verbal at a young age then the YJ's are the best club by far but everyone there is there for exactly the same reason so it is a horrible me first attitude that carries over to town PAL and school teams. We have learned to deal with it but most people there could care less about what other people think so they fit in great.

If you are looking for a lovey dovey team atmosphere, go find another clubs B team. If you play YJ'S its a full court press to verbal and you really don't care about what your teammates do. Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the top two teams are considered Blue and the next two teams are Gold. Basically they have two A teams and two B teams. They don't say but would have to guess the 5th and 6th teams are considered C teams but they actually beat all LI B teams. Hope that helps

Lol.. 2 teams are blue, you suckers bought the cool aide. 2nd team is 2nd team not blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, YJA can't even beat other A teams on LI in certain age groups, please stop your nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the nonsense there is only 1 Blue team. The next 25 sets of parents are being sold a bunch of goods

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the nonsense there is only 1 Blue team. The next 25 sets of parents are being sold a bunch of goods

Generally, with the exception of 2023, what a disaster!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents from the 2nd and 4th teams are the only ones who believe there are 2 blue and 2 gold teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality is that there is a #1 YJ team and that team is usually a top 5 team in the country. The top half of this YJ1 team are elite players, on a different level than most all of the YJ2 girls. The back half of the YJ1 team is roughly comparable to the top half of the YJ2 girls, all very good players and legitimate D1 talent. Overall, the YJ #2 team is distinctly below the YJ1 team, but still an "A" level travel team and probably approximately a top 25 team in the country. That YJ#2 team is usually slightly behind the Top Gun Black team, generally equal to Team Elevate Blue and ahead of Liberty for most years. I think holds true for the past several years and still holds true for the high school year grades. I am not as familiar with younger age groups so maybe my assessment doesn't hold true for those age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents from the 2nd and 4th teams are the only ones who believe there are 2 blue and 2 gold teams.

Well, th0se teams are filled with TG Black and Purple players now, so......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality is that there is a #1 YJ team and that team is usually a top 5 team in the country. The top half of this YJ1 team are elite players, on a different level than most all of the YJ2 girls. The back half of the YJ1 team is roughly comparable to the top half of the YJ2 girls, all very good players and legitimate D1 talent. Overall, the YJ #2 team is distinctly below the YJ1 team, but still an "A" level travel team and probably approximately a top 25 team in the country. That YJ#2 team is usually slightly behind the Top Gun Black team, generally equal to Team Elevate Blue and ahead of Liberty for most years. I think holds true for the past several years and still holds true for the high school year grades. I am not as familiar with younger age groups so maybe my assessment doesn't hold true for those age groups.

Spot on.
Two top blue teams do not exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spot on.
Two top blue teams do not exist.

Should call it 2021 YJ Black since it has a bunch of last year's TG Black players!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so true. 2 "A" is a joke, those parents who are smart will not fall for this smoke and mirrors stunt. You will see guaranteed, Let your girls play HS save your money save yourself. Talented girls will also have a place in this game regardless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed....what is going on with the 2023??? Disaster...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HNY fellow YJ community. Can anyone tell me if the rumor is true! that the infamous girl might not be playing lax for YJ. she will be playing with a Maryland team instead or is this just another BS story

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are B team parents still sore over the rosters? The A team is stacked with some of the best girls in the grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are B team parents still sore over the rosters? The A team is stacked with some of the best girls in the grade.

Stacked? That's funny, they lost every game to the good MD teams, didn't get any new talent, lost talent. If those are the best girls in the grade, that would be scary. That team has about 4 girls who are good. They moved one of the better girls down to the B team (Dumb move). Too much Daddy/Mommy ball going on. Most of that team is just not good. Can't catch/throw under pressure, easily stifled by good defenders, turnover machines, weak shots, small, unathletic. Will be the same again this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HNY fellow YJ community. Can anyone tell me if the rumor is true! that the infamous girl might not be playing lax for YJ. she will be playing with a Maryland team instead or is this just another BS story

I've heard the same rumor about her here in Maryland. Hhhhhmmmm...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious - why infamous? Moves around a lot or something? Dirty player? Both?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious - why infamous? Moves around a lot or something? Dirty player? Both?

A Maryland's B team maybe! She didn't make any of the A teams here in LI, doubt she'd make any of the top MD teams A teams!

Like Reply Quote
Page 274 of 327 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard