BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Long Island Dune Dawgs/Havoc Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REST IN PEACE SHOTTSIE! YOU WILL BE MISSED!
Originally Posted by CageSage
The following announcement was made at the Havoc Dune Dawgs web site. BOTC expresses our heartfelt sympathy to the family and the HDD program.

It is with heavy hearts that we share with you the passing of one of the members of our HDD Lacrosse Family. Mike Shotts, one of the HDD Directors, passed away suddenly late Sunday night. We are filled with sadness and shock by this sudden loss of not only our partner, but our good friend.

We know you all join us in wishing the Shotts' family sincere condolences. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they navigate this very tragic time.

Should you wish to offer condolences please forward them to us, and we will be sure the Shotts Family receives them.

Please mail to:
HDD Lacrosse
P.O. Box 259
Commack, NY 11725

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only person on the coaching staff or ownership staff with legitimate lax experience is Taylor....All of the others are WHO??? Ask around around about 1 of the owners before committing to this club....Be careful.....
Whoever asked about the size of the boys...great question...Can I have a birth certificate check please????....
I guess its only about the $$$$$$.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only person on the coaching staff or ownership staff with legitimate lax experience is Taylor....All of the others are WHO??? Ask around around about 1 of the owners before committing to this club....Be careful.....
Whoever asked about the size of the boys...great question...Can I have a birth certificate check please????....

Wow what utter garbage. This organization was designed for Taylor to make all lacrosse decisions while the Administration would fall to Polo and Mike S , a great guy who will be missed in a big way. The coaches are for the most part guys who played for Taylor at Dowling. They also have other Dowling lax coaches working for them. As far as age manipulation, I never saw it and know for a fact nobody on my sons team was too old.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Everything we have done with this organization has been solid and beyond reproach thus far. If you think that something is amiss, send us the details at cagesage@backofthecage.com and we will review your material. Other than that, BOTC will be doing some checking of our own ... like the origin of this posting.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Like I've said in the past. We will try to keep this forum clean. Please don't question anything regarding the kids ages. By questioning their ages, essentially you are questioning the integrity of Coach Taylor, whom you yourself said is the only one with "Lacrosse Experience". Is youth lacrosse really that serious? No it isn't.

Most of you parents that get up here and play computer tough guys are a bunch of you know whats.... Hopefully the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Then we'll just have more pathetic lacrosse parents in the future. Worry about whether or not your son and his team is getting better. That should be your only concern.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on DD 2 seasons ago. Cant say enough nice things about the coaches ,kids , and the hard work . Never saw older kids on the team either. Leave them alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What complete nonsense! If you don't like the product go play someplace else. the coaches hail from not only Dowling, but multiple colleges around the country. NO ONE ever said the "owners" all had college coaching experience. And let's remember to NOT attack a man who has recently passed away. Get some class!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you cagesage!

Originally Posted by CageSage
Everything we have done with this organization has been solid and beyond reproach thus far. If you think that something is amiss, send us the details at cagesage@backofthecage.com and we will review your material. Other than that, BOTC will be doing some checking of our own ... like the origin of this posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be cautious about what you say about people. Your inference is defaming in character. Careful of what? Since you hide behind your computer and have posted this in two different places you surely feel strongly, so have at it. Be an adult, use your name, it might lend a shred of credibility to your attempt to assassinate the character of an owner of an organization. Which one of them are you referring to exactly? Without that you are just another hack, whose kid suffers because of his parents, I feel bad for him to have to live out his life with a coward as a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me how they feel about Havoc Dune Dawgs? I’ve heard nothing but good things but I’m reading some blogs it seems there are some unhappy parents. My son made one of 2020 teams. What’s the different between the Elite team or is that a past thing from a Town Organization to Travel Organization when they combined? And going forward will both teams Blue and Yellow be treated the same? I do understand the difference between an “A” team and a “B” team. I expect one to be better than the other but that just give the one team a reason to try harder. Any Help???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One team will be better then the other so they may go to different tournaments or one will enter in a lower bracket. How you will be treated wil really be your opinion on how you like your coaches, you may like them more then the elites teams coaches. This organization is NOT obsessed with winning. The kids all get playing time. Taylor is the best youth coach I have seen. His clinics are great. They had a few minor problems, what group runs flawlessly? I would highly recomened them if you want to have fun and learn.
Can anyone tell me how they feel about Havoc Dune Dawgs? I’ve heard nothing but good things but I’m reading some blogs it seems there are some unhappy parents. My son made one of 2020 teams. What’s the different between the Elite team or is that a past thing from a Town Organization to Travel Organization when they combined? And going forward will both teams Blue and Yellow be treated the same? I do understand the difference between an “A” team and a “B” team. I expect one to be better than the other but that just give the one team a reason to try harder. Any Help???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the response I was looking for and in general what I have heard. I am familiar with travel programs for girls not boys. Thank you.

One team will be better then the other so they may go to different tournaments or one will enter in a lower bracket. How you will be treated wil really be your opinion on how you like your coaches, you may like them more then the elites teams coaches. This organization is NOT obsessed with winning. The kids all get playing time. Taylor is the best youth coach I have seen. His clinics are great. They had a few minor problems, what group runs flawlessly? I would highly recomened them if you want to have fun and learn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at a couple of tournaments this past summer where these guys played. At Bitter Lacrosse tournament in deerfield, I saw the assistant coach blow his stack and actually was yelling at the parents....of his own players. He was delaying the game by standing on the field and got called on by the parents of his team. At the next break in action, he stormed across the field and proceeded to get in a verbal altercation with multiple parents. Absolutely crazy.

I also heard that one of the 2020 coaches was asked to leave the tournament at Stowe.

As with all these club buyer beware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which assistant coach are you referring to, because I was there and I didn't see that. What I saw was an out of control parent who was screaming at the ref, and an owner of the organization going to speak to the parent.

I was at a couple of tournaments this past summer where these guys played. At Bitter Lacrosse tournament in deerfield, I saw the assistant coach blow his stack and actually was yelling at the parents....of his own players. He was delaying the game by standing on the field and got called on by the parents of his team. At the next break in action, he stormed across the field and proceeded to get in a verbal altercation with multiple parents. Absolutely crazy.

I also heard that one of the 2020 coaches was asked to leave the tournament at Stowe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't the head coach Vito. It was the bulked up coach, that came and yelled at everyone. The reason the parents were yelling was because the assistant coach wouldn't get off the field when told to get off by the Ref. When he started giving the ref crap "Am I in da way? Am I in da way?" That's when the parents started yelling at the coach to get off the field. He was cuasing a delay of game. The Assist. coach then came over and started in on the parents. Even getting in one guys face ridiculing him because the parent had "even played in high school" Never seen anything like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same coin two sides.

Which assistant coach are you referring to, because I was there and I didn't see that. What I saw was an out of control parent who was screaming at the ref, and an owner of the organization going to speak to the parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't the head coach Vito. It was the bulked up coach, that came and yelled at everyone. The reason the parents were yelling was because the assistant coach wouldn't get off the field when told to get off by the Ref. When he started giving the ref crap "Am I in da way? Am I in da way?" That's when the parents started yelling at the coach to get off the field. He was cuasing a delay of game. The Assist. coach then came over and started in on the parents. Even getting in one guys face ridiculing him because the parent had "even played in high school" Never seen anything like it.

You seriously do not know what you are talking about! Head coach is Vito, assistant is Lou. So which one are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there. Just becuase I don't know the guys name doens't mean it didn't happen. Based on the 2 names you gave, it was Lou who came over, yelling and belittleing people. It was actually a bit unsettling. It actually looked like he was going to start a fight there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there. Just becuase I don't know the guys name doens't mean it didn't happen. Based on the 2 names you gave, it was Lou who came over, yelling and belittleing people. It was actually a bit unsettling. It actually looked like he was going to start a fight there.

Lou never left the sidelines, neither did Vito. I was there too. If you are going to make WILD accusations about a coaching professional, you had better have your facts straight! Which team were you with and on what field did this happen. I think you are making this up to stir up trouble that doesn't exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Dude, I know what Vito looks like, it wasn't him. It was absolutely one of the other coaches. He was a big meathead looking dude. I was a parent of a Mass Vikings player. The team that they played. It was a tough closely fought game, we lost 6-5 and had played the Dune dogs in the am, again losing 5-4. (here's where you say this is sour grapes) Seriously, no problem on the loss, but the coach's behavior was absoltuely inappropriate. If my kid played for that jerk, I would have pulled him from the team. (here's where you say my kid, or I, is a wimp).

It was on the field that was across RT5 up on the hill side, upper field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guy seem to have been there to the disbeliver were you there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Dude, I know what Vito looks like, it wasn't him. It was absolutely one of the other coaches. He was a big meathead looking dude. I was a parent of a Mass Vikings player. The team that they played. It was a tough closely fought game, we lost 6-5 and had played the Dune dogs in the am, again losing 5-4. (here's where you say this is sour grapes) Seriously, no problem on the loss, but the coach's behavior was absoltuely inappropriate. If my kid played for that jerk, I would have pulled him from the team. (here's where you say my kid, or I, is a wimp).

It was on the field that was across RT5 up on the hill side, upper field.

You're still wrong. neither coach left the players sidelines. Maybe it was someone else standing over there that came across, but it wasn't either coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then maybe there's a 3rd guy that was standing on the sideleines with the team, on the players side, who came ACROSS the field? you know, like an assistance coach? It was clearly someone associated with the HDD program.

Last post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"He was a big meathead looking dude."

I believe you. However, you just described 75% of the sports dad's on Long Island, and the owners of most of the BOTC eyeballs viewing these threads.

No offense to the meatheads. You know who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" He was a big meathead looking dude." That's classic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then maybe there's a 3rd guy that was standing on the sideleines with the team, on the players side, who came ACROSS the field? you know, like an assistance coach? It was clearly someone associated with the HDD program.

Last post.

Let's agree to disagree. None of the coaches came across the field. Maybe someone did, but not a coach for sure.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
"He was a big meathead looking dude."

I believe you. However, you just described 75% of the sports dad's on Long Island, and the owners of most of the BOTC eyeballs viewing these threads.

No offense to the meatheads. You know who you are.
Nice to see that the "Michael Stivic" generation has been counted, but how about we move away from "All in the Family" and get the discussion back on track?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know who it was why do you continue to give this guy a hard time?if you were there and are part of the hdd you know this guy as one of the directors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know who it was why do you continue to give this guy a hard time?if you were there and are part of the hdd you know this guy as one of the directors

There's no way it was one of the directors...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a totally different note- I just went to see the DD sight- and one of the directors passed away Sunday Night. It is on the front page of the site. My condolences to the family. I do not know the program well, but hate to hear of anyone passing on, especially so suddenly. Just thought I would share in case any DD families past or present had not heard.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
On a totally different note- I just went to see the DD sight- and one of the directors passed away Sunday Night. It is on the front page of the site. My condolences to the family. I do not know the program well, but hate to hear of anyone passing on, especially so suddenly. Just thought I would share in case any DD families past or present had not heard.
The Havoc Dune Dawgs family lost Mike Shotts suddenly at the end of August. If you search here on BOTC, you will find some memorial information. BOTC thanks you for your post and condolences to the family and club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i noticed 2 dune dog teams scheduled for the fri tournement. are they last summer roster or this comming summer roster? my son played last year and registered this year but was not invited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello, please help regarding a curiousity of mine. Are the Havoc Dune Dawgs a consolidation of two clubs, Havoc and the Dune Dawgs? Please settle this argument. Thanks

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Hello, please help regarding a curiousity of mine. Are the Havoc Dune Dawgs a consolidation of two clubs, Havoc and the Dune Dawgs? Please settle this argument. Thanks
Yes, this was a merger of two programs.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Havoc Dune Dawgs organization is proud to announce the addition of Coach Tim Boyle, who will be taking over as head coach for one of the 2019 teams.

Coach Boyle is starting his fourteenth season as Dowling Head Coach, where he won a National Championship in 2012, and two Conference and USILA National Coach of the Year awards. During his tenure, Tim has coached over thirty All American Selections, four of which went on to play professionally. Prior to taking over as head coach, Tim served as the Golden Lions assistant from 1995-2000. His responsibilities included advance scouting, recruiting and working with the midfielders.

We feel that our 2019 coaching staff is second to none, with three teams being coached by Mike Taylor, Tim Boyle, and Chris Jorgensen/Lou Riley.

Tryouts for the 2019 teams will be held at Dowling's Brookhaven Athletic Facility, on 9/21 & 9/28, from 5:15-6:45pm. For more information, and to register, please visit havocddlax.com.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
All posts regarding the Havoc Dune Dawgs Lacrosse program can now be made to their new thread on the Main Message Board. This older thread will now be closed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard