BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 271 of 327 1 2 269 270 271 272 273 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says the mystery person with the mystery team from long island that can beat Yellow Jackets. Please tell me and everyone else the long island 2021 or 2022 team that can even come close to YJ. let me help you, NOBODY.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny same bogus conversation on boys side. Same culprit stirring it Leg a sea a second tier club with second tier players that play obscure tournaments and pretend to be relevant . Don't be fooled people YJ is and will always be king or should I say queen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says the mystery person with the mystery team from long island that can beat Yellow Jackets. Please tell me and everyone else the long island 2021 or 2022 team that can even come close to YJ. let me help you, NOBODY.

That is true. The real issue is that LI girl's lacrosse is falling as a whole. YJ teams just aren't quite as good as they were going off island. And other regions beyond just MD/NJ are starting to make a dent as well. LI will be just another girl's lax playing region pretty soon. Not THE hotbed along w Maryland that it used to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why YJ 2021 now has at least 12-15, that I know of, Players from TG that came over this year. Peace looser!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In many cases, the gold team can beat the blue team, the 3rd team can beat the second team, the 4th team can beat the third team. No other teams can beat them because they have many of the top players dispersed over as much as 4 teams. It doesn't leave much for the other clubs. But when they leave LI, they are not the force they used to be. On the boys side, the LI teams are still tops in the nation. This can no longer be said about the girls.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is true. The real issue is that LI girl's lacrosse is falling as a whole. YJ teams just aren't quite as good as they were going off island. And other regions beyond just MD/NJ are starting to make a dent as well. LI will be just another girl's lax playing region pretty soon. Not THE hotbed along w Maryland that it used to be.

Because many parents are too busy kissing asses and dropping their kids off at the curb for practice and camps instead of working WITH their kid. My kid isn't getting better - it must be the coach! It must be the program! It must be anything but me and my kid who I throw money at like it's water to pay for a very expensive travel lacrosse babysitter. PAL practice? Let me go grocery shopping. I wouldn't want to learn something to help my kid when I can get myself some fresh organic strawberries to eat while my kid stands on the sidelines in games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In many cases, the gold team can beat the blue team, the 3rd team can beat the second team, the 4th team can beat the third team. No other teams can beat them because they have many of the top players dispersed over as much as 4 teams. It doesn't leave much for the other clubs. But when they leave LI, they are not the force they used to be. On the boys side, the LI teams are still tops in the nation. This can no longer be said about the girls.

Keep telling yourself that MR gold team dad, sometimes at the younger ages its possible but usually even then 9 out of 10 times the blue team wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls are exactly where they have always been. Every team (except maybe2023) can easily handle any and all other LI teams. They go down and compete toe to toe with 3-4 other top teams in the nation, usually the big dogs from Md. Win some lose some, just like the top teams from Md. This has always been the case, is exactly the case right now, and will likely be the case moving forward. I was once on the other side of this conversation, my daughter playing for another "top" li club. Didn't get it way back then, always had a feeling we were just not on proper club, made the move and couldn't be happier. I'm sure tons of people have done similar with opposite results. But the whole YJ doomsday rant is just ridiculous. At nearly every age group they host a top 5 team in the nation. There is only one other club in the nation as strong across the board. M&D, Sw and Heros close. Play for any of the rest of the LI teams if it is a good fit, YJ is only superior on the top teams anyway, and only a very few can crack the team., so other clubs A teams may be a decent choice for you if you don't make top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls are exactly where they have always been. Every team (except maybe2023) can easily handle any and all other LI teams. They go down and compete toe to toe with 3-4 other top teams in the nation, usually the big dogs from Md. Win some lose some, just like the top teams from Md. This has always been the case, is exactly the case right now, and will likely be the case moving forward. I was once on the other side of this conversation, my daughter playing for another "top" li club. Didn't get it way back then, always had a feeling we were just not on proper club, made the move and couldn't be happier. I'm sure tons of people have done similar with opposite results. But the whole YJ doomsday rant is just ridiculous. At nearly every age group they host a top 5 team in the nation. There is only one other club in the nation as strong across the board. M&D, Sw and Heros close. Play for any of the rest of the LI teams if it is a good fit, YJ is only superior on the top teams anyway, and only a very few can crack the team., so other clubs A teams may be a decent choice for you if you don't make top team.

Haha, that analysis is not accurate. YJ do not have top teams anymore. They loose by a decent margin to the better teams, sorry mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So What is that you get for being a Yellow Jacket A team player? Do you think a Full ride? Parents with unrealistic expectations? Pressure from crazy parents that think that their kid is the be all end all? If your daughter loves the game then just play lacrosse and don't worry so much about where they land. YJ is a good program and have great coaches A B or C or blue gold or purple. Let them make friends, hangout with the right good kids with similar goals and keep themselves out of trouble, off the streets and healthy. Enjoy being part of a team and see what team work is. Do what is right for your kid and enough already...reading these posts are so hilarious..but yet like a train wreck I read...lmao!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid goes to a top twenty lacrosse school and never even picked up a lacrosse stick.
How did that happen??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why YJ 2021 now has at least 12-15, that I know of, Players from TG that came over this year. Peace looser!!

12-15, come on I find that hard to believe? How many left TG black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo will beat YJ 23 this summer guaranteed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So What is that you get for being a Yellow Jacket A team player? Do you think a Full ride? Parents with unrealistic expectations? Pressure from crazy parents that think that their kid is the be all end all? If your daughter loves the game then just play lacrosse and don't worry so much about where they land. YJ is a good program and have great coaches A B or C or blue gold or purple. Let them make friends, hangout with the right good kids with similar goals and keep themselves out of trouble, off the streets and healthy. Enjoy being part of a team and see what team work is. Do what is right for your kid and enough already...reading these posts are so hilarious..but yet like a train wreck I read...lmao!

What do YJ A team player get?
1-They get to play and practice with other kids of equal or better talent, fine tuning their individual skills by being challenged ( have you ever watched a practice where half the team can't catch? ..nobody gets better)
2-they represent the organization at the best tournaments in the toughest brackets
3- the YJ A reputation brings college coaches to the sidelines.. More looks equals better odds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid goes to a top twenty lacrosse school and never even picked up a lacrosse stick.
How did that happen??

Easy , you can afford the tuition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame they can't win anything!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's a looser?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many are on the 3rd,4th or5th team? Silly move imo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that happen??

Same way it happened for the other 99+% of college students who don't play lacrosse in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that happen??

Because it's easy to get into Louisville, duh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a year or two, they will be far better than all the other LI options very soon and continue to pull away the rest of the way. Most years start off better out of the box, but YJ top teams do something no other club does, continually attract the top talent on the island. You are a rare person who walks away from a blue team, I have seen it done a very few times and only by players who were bottom of bench, limited role or playing time or the writing was on the wall.

You keep saying this, but years like 2023 keep getting worse and can't even beat some LI clubs, or have very competitive one goal games with them?? They also lost good players this year and didn't gain any. Your point is not being supported by facts?

The only other YJ age group that wasn't better than other LI teams from the get-go was YJ2020 (REF TG2020BLK). But they sure are now. And every other age group started ahead and widened the gap every year. The only question here is will 2023 turn it around? my opinion is yes they will, but we will see.

Considering that half of the LI teams at any grade level ARE YJ's, that's not saying much.

YJ has more of the original TG2020 kids then TG does, what does that tell you?
[/quote][/quote]

tells me the old coach new what he was doing with his talent. they were once one of the top 3 2020 teams and had he stayed they would be the best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a year or two, they will be far better than all the other LI options very soon and continue to pull away the rest of the way. Most years start off better out of the box, but YJ top teams do something no other club does, continually attract the top talent on the island. You are a rare person who walks away from a blue team, I have seen it done a very few times and only by players who were bottom of bench, limited role or playing time or the writing was on the wall.

You keep saying this, but years like 2023 keep getting worse and can't even beat some LI clubs, or have very competitive one goal games with them?? They also lost good players this year and didn't gain any. Your point is not being supported by facts?

The only other YJ age group that wasn't better than other LI teams from the get-go was YJ2020 (REF TG2020BLK). But they sure are now. And every other age group started ahead and widened the gap every year. The only question here is will 2023 turn it around? my opinion is yes they will, but we will see.

Considering that half of the LI teams at any grade level ARE YJ's, that's not saying much.

YJ has more of the original TG2020 kids then TG does, what does that tell you?
[/quote]

tells me the old coach new what he was doing with his talent. they were once one of the top 3 2020 teams and had he stayed they would be the best! [/quote]

Not really, team was still very good after he left. They were good by collective talent. Players with talent started leaving and team fell apart. If you want to give the coach the credit, why can't he get the teams in his new club to that level? Because he doesn't have the collection of talent to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6. Not that hard to believe. Go look at the rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that happen??

Because you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that happen??

Pay attention...They didn't say they play lacrosse at a "Top 20" lacrosse school, they said their kid goes to a "Top 20" lacrosse school. Thousands of kids go to "Top 20" lacrosse schools and have never picked up a lacrosse stick. Jeez...you must be one of those yj geniuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The beginning of the end of yj, as you know it, is imminent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that happen??

Yes. How did you know.. I guess your wifes lessons with me paid off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that happen??

His wife taught you how to suck on hoses ,that seems like a skill you will use often .You are on a lacrosse forum so you can try to make kids who are going to top lax schools feellike it's less of an accomplishment , tells me you are a weasel and a loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's my jab at psycho parents that have fallen into the belief that their kids future is riding on their lacrosse abilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody laugh as hard as I do when you see a grown man wearing YJ gear!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got moved from the B team to the A team and yours only went from the D team to the C team so nah nah nah nah nah! Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, that's the bomb!! Might as well be sucking a pacifier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did that happen??

His wife taught you how to suck on hoses ,that seems like a skill you will use often .You are on a lacrosse forum so you can try to make kids who are going to top lax schools feellike it's less of an accomplishment , tells me you are a weasel and a loser.

Top lax school is a weak accomplishment. Give me top academic school (top 20) BIG drop off after that. Then I'm impressed, otherwise nobody cares!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"End of YJ" lol, That is a popular quote on this thread, every year, year after year, after year, after year, after year........... so is "CR is selling the club" year after year........ But nothing ever changes. Seriously, 723 pages of this thread dating back the better part of a decade, still the same predictions, to no avail. I have been at this for many, many years, long before BOTC started, every year every predicts the collapse of YJ. Yet in the last ten years all they have done is gotten stronger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the best is the grown man with the blanket and the stickers on his cooller

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"End of YJ" lol, That is a popular quote on this thread, every year, year after year, after year, after year, after year........... so is "CR is selling the club" year after year........ But nothing ever changes. Seriously, 723 pages of this thread dating back the better part of a decade, still the same predictions, to no avail. I have been at this for many, many years, long before BOTC started, every year every predicts the collapse of YJ. Yet in the last ten years all they have done is gotten stronger.

Pass the kool aid please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's yj. Not worthy of capitalization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hello all. new to this. I see grown, fat, unathletic, men with sweatshirts on with a big YJ on it??? Does the YJ stand for anything. They mostly drive 10 year old beat up cars if that helps. Thanks for your assistance. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Like Reply Quote
Page 271 of 327 1 2 269 270 271 272 273 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard