BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
there was no paperwork, so you have no idea what your talking about. It was register, or don't register. And if you didn't register in time that was your fault.

You are wrong. We filled out the application for the Elite 80 and never received the invite. Same as the earlier poster stated.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what I meant by paper work. Filled out the email registration so get over yourself Igloo dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what I meant by paper work. Filled out the email registration so get over yourself Igloo dude.

Not everyone who registered got an invite dude. Ask your coach if he recommended your son when Igloo reached out to him. Probably not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will ask my NLF coach if AA reached out to him. I bet I know the answer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think you are going to get a straight answer from your "NLF" coach, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess every team ran it different. Our club told us who should register. This started off as needing your clubs approval to join. It may have ended open to everyone. But it is true Igloo was excluded from NLF events so there is no reason to be upset if others where chosen ahead of NLF. You will never get the truth at this point from your club.

If you think you are going to get a straight answer from your "NLF" coach, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the trust some of you parents have for your "NLF" coach. Come soon when a better player then your son comes along ...... See ya. Then see how dedicated to you he is. Suckaaaa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here it is ELITE 80 was open to ALL and 9d1 and express directors told there kids if they went to Elite 80 they would pull these players invites to certain showcases ALL were invited 1 9d1 Blaze kid showed and the Express kids that were registered did not show. Igloo has been shut out of NLF team events but some kids have gone to there showcase and it was not very well organized. In the end KUDOS to Igloo for opening door to ALL kids again showing that this is about kids and not about the [lacrosse] that goes on in the LACROSSE world cause of money . Yes I know they "did it for the money" remember these things cost money to put on between paying coaches , fields, insurance, printing materials , and plenty more . Yes maybe Igloo made some money but at the end of the day it is a business but more importantly it was a great day and very well organized and not one person walked away saying I can't believe I wasted my money on this garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all so shady and that's so pathetic. Lying and manipulating and the expense of 12/13 year old boys. I would say it's lacrosse, but I believe all youth sports has become toxic. Makes me sick.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all so shady and that's so pathetic. Lying and manipulating and the expense of 12/13 year old boys. I would say it's lacrosse, but I believe all youth sports has become toxic. Makes me sick.

You just got three straight answers.....all the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says you. Who are we suppose to believe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town team with baggage. All there offense is outsiders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only baggage this team has are the ones complaining on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here it is ELITE 80 was open to ALL and 9d1 and express directors told there kids if they went to Elite 80 they would pull these players invites to certain showcases ALL were invited 1 9d1 Blaze kid showed and the Express kids that were registered did not show. Igloo has been shut out of NLF team events but some kids have gone to there showcase and it was not very well organized. In the end KUDOS to Igloo for opening door to ALL kids again showing that this is about kids and not about the [lacrosse] that goes on in the LACROSSE world cause of money . Yes I know they "did it for the money" remember these things cost money to put on between paying coaches , fields, insurance, printing materials , and plenty more . Yes maybe Igloo made some money but at the end of the day it is a business but more importantly it was a great day and very well organized and not one person walked away saying I can't believe I wasted my money on this garbage.
The NLF coach is a personal friend of mine. He told me it was a waste of money, but he would do it. He never got a call. There were 2 kids who came from ninety one there. One is the faceoff kid who everyone knows and the other was on another team until last year, and they didn't put that he moved on the app because they didn't know where they would end up. I don't have a problem that NLF kids were excluded, just don't start bashing other programs for not "letting" their kids play. A few applied, and only 1 know from an NLF team was invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The score of the final game they lost could have been much worse. I saw the last 15 minutes or so and the team they were playing held the ball for at least 10 minutes and didn't attempt to score! It looked like they were giving the wogue team a break?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wogue was winning from the start so I highly doubt they did a service and chose not to run up the score on the comeback , the game was won by 2 goals that's not saying much , Empire team is just what Wogue team is , a true B team nothing more.
Besides if Empire had the opportunity to run the score up they would if they could , but they didn't because they cant !
usually holding off the score by 5 or more is how you do that tastefully if you are that good.

The score of the final game they lost could have been much worse. I saw the last 15 minutes or so and the team they were playing held the ball for at least 10 minutes and didn't attempt to score! It looked like they were giving the wogue team a break?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wogue was winning from the start so I highly doubt they did a service and chose not to run up the score on the comeback , the game was won by 2 goals that's not saying much , Empire team is just what Wogue team is , a true B team nothing more.
Besides if Empire had the opportunity to run the score up they would if they could , but they didn't because they cant !
usually holding off the score by 5 or more is how you do that tastefully if you are that good.

Just telling you what I saw big guy.....The ball didn't leave the Wogue side of the field for the last 10 minutes of the game! And the other team had possession the whole time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just telling you what I saw big guy.....The ball didn't leave the Wogue side of the field for the last 10 minutes of the game! And the other team had possession the whole time.

I think 10 minutes is a bit of a stretch Little Guy. The Empire team did a good job of playing keep away towards the end. In other sports that is called stalling, you usually get called for such a violation in other sports. Give credit where credit is due, Empire won a good game between the two. I am sure they will meet again in the summer. Hey Little Guy, do you get a rise out of stirring the pot of 8th grade youth sports? I bet you do....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think 10 minutes is a bit of a stretch Little Guy. The Empire team did a good job of playing keep away towards the end. In other sports that is called stalling, you usually get called for such a violation in other sports. Give credit where credit is due, Empire won a good game between the two. I am sure they will meet again in the summer. Hey Little Guy, do you get a rise out of stirring the pot of 8th grade youth sports? I bet you do....

Hey Big Guy, You seem very bitter. The bitter Big Guy! That's your new name. And no, what I get a rise out of is your obvious bitterness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is this the zoolander walk off challenge? you two are ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, need I say more......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF coach is a personal friend of mine. He told me it was a waste of money, but he would do it. He never got a call. There were 2 kids who came from ninety one there. One is the faceoff kid who everyone knows and the other was on another team until last year, and they didn't put that he moved on the app because they didn't know where they would end up. I don't have a problem that NLF kids were excluded, just don't start bashing other programs for not "letting" their kids play. A few applied, and only 1 know from an NLF team was invited.
I just spoke to an Igloo coach, and he said that the NLF kids were excluded because Igloo is excluded from NLF. Only a few that AA personally knew were invited, and many of the positions were filled by Igloo kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a flat out lie, no Igloo coach would say that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can confirm that the igloo coach said that. It is what it is. People don't phucking care like you think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can confirm that the igloo coach said that. It is what it is. People don't phucking care like you think
Exactly. It is what it is. There is a battle between NLF and non NLF teams, and the kids will be hurt by it. It is a real shame, as I heard that the Elite 80 was a first class event, and I would have love to have my kid be there. But there will be other opportunities, and I don't have a problem with it. Just stop with the NLF telling kids they couldn't go. That didn't happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds about right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the deal with the Elite 80. Igloo wanted the top players from the NLF teams to attend in order to increase the quality of players at the event and to expose those players to Igloo for the future in hopes that they might one day want to play for Igloo. The two NLF programs did not want their players going for their own self serving reasons so they were not cooperative with Igloo. Igloo invited some players who were known to the director. The rest were out of luck. If someone wanted their son to go - the NLF directors could have made it happen. Say what you want about Igloo - they certainly aren't perfect but one thing is clear, the NLF programs are black balling Igloo. They obviously feel that Igloo is bad for their business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do U get invite for NLF at IMG in January ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way that AA did that... Both Spallina and Mike C where personally contacted via text and phone call and they elected to either not tell their players, and or tell them not to go. The reason for this I have no idea. Igloo has gone and supported many of 90+1 events, and had included Express in many play days. There is no excuse. Kids didn't get the opportunity and it wasn't anything besides those two guy's greed, and lack for actually caring about their players. That is the truth, you may not want to hear it, but that is the actual truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the NLF really black-balling igloo? i heard that the reason igloo wasn't part of NLF is because igloo has only one grad year that is any good - 2021. all of the other NLF organizations think they have good teams at every grad year and only want to be associated with other organizations that have good teams at every grad year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my NLF son is in the middle of this nasty custody suit btw Igloo and NLF? That sucks. So much for free market system

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is not part of the NLF and that is fine. The NLF programs have every right to decide who is in their Federation. By black balling Igloo, I meant that the NLF is not allowing Igloo teams to play in their events. I suppose they have the right to do this as well but to me this is BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way that AA did that... Both Spallina and Mike C where personally contacted via text and phone call and they elected to either not tell their players, and or tell them not to go. The reason for this I have no idea. Igloo has gone and supported many of 90+1 events, and had included Express in many play days. There is no excuse. Kids didn't get the opportunity and it wasn't anything besides those two guy's greed, and lack for actually caring about their players. That is the truth, you may not want to hear it, but that is the actual truth.

The event was a waste of time, who cares? Was not a recruiting event, similar to the kids wasting money at prospect days. Smarten up and recognize a money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did NLF players from other years go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the NLF really black-balling igloo? i heard that the reason igloo wasn't part of NLF is because igloo has only one grad year that is any good - 2021. all of the other NLF organizations think they have good teams at every grad year and only want to be associated with other organizations that have good teams at every grad year.

Interesting. Igloo has top teams at 2022 and 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The event was a waste of time, who cares? Was not a recruiting event, similar to the kids wasting money at prospect days. Smarten up and recognize a money grab

This event was not a waste of time nor was it a money grab. Ask any parent whose son attended or any player that was part of this event. Additionally, it definitely got some players recognized for their performances by coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospect days a waste of time? You are clueless. That's how my kid got an offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And does that mean that an NLF kid can never switch over to igloo? Will the kid be black balled?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And does that mean that an NLF kid can never switch over to igloo? Will the kid be black balled?
An 90+1 kid left and went Igloo. Did real well. For whatever reason he went back to 90+1, and did well there too. Next season, he didn't make either team. Igloo took him back on Avalanche with open arms. Since he left, he would have been back up on Black Ice, but he wanted playing time. I don't think that AA would Black Ball a kid for being on 90+1 based on that.

Page 11 of 32 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard