BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mass Elite 2019 red is one of the top teams in this age group.. I'm from Connecticut and my daughter plays on a weaker club team, but I have seen this girls play. The majority of the best players on the New England Under Armour team were on Mass Elite and they smoked team LI.

Do they play lax in New England?

not really apparently. One decent club in a geographic region that's 3x the size of the tri state area. jokeola.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A decent club?? who do you think you are. These girls are committed to top D1 schools. Northwestern,Notre Dame,Boston College,Princeton,Stanford to name a few. They have some of the best players in the country and the Under Armour tournament is proof of this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A decent club?? who do you think you are. These girls are committed to top D1 schools. Northwestern,Notre Dame,Boston College,Princeton,Stanford to name a few. They have some of the best players in the country and the Under Armour tournament is proof of this.

Pathetic, mass elite has never won anything. They may have smart kids, but none of those teams winning the lax title. It's all about academics in new england.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are extremely short-sighted. Most reasonable parents of lax-playing kids at this level are using lax to get into great colleges. Who cares about winning G8 Tourney in NJ in July 2016! What I care about is my 2019 played well that weekend and got offers from Ivies and several other great schools. Really, are you trying to be a parody of an idiot lax parent? Peace out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how far do the girls drive to get to practice? from what I understand its basically a regional, multi state organization and you still have never put a trophy on the mantle. but some solid wins so be happy about it. just don't expect people to be overly impressed because you have a fraction of the D1 commits of YJ or M&D and a handful of others who, by the way, have won dozens of tournaments each.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but Ivies are for the financially needy and the rich at this point especially if you have multiple kids . Duke , Stanford are better options for the upper middle class at this point and then there are the UVA , UNC , BC types on the next level if you want excellent academics and highly competitive girls lax .

Sorry just not true. You can become more informed if you actually go to the financial aid calculators at Harvard's site for an example. If you live in NY and have annual income of 200k and assets of 500k not including house, you get close to half of the cost covered by aid if you have two kids in college. Now if you consider that financially needy, ok, but i don't. Ivies are way more generous w aid and to much higher thresholds than most non-ivies. Now of course having the grades and the playing ability are not easy. But the cost of going to an Ivy for a middle-class family is not the main problem relative to many other schools out there.

You are spot on BUT, two qualifiers:

1. Ivies offer no merit scholarships.
2. Ivies offer no athletic scholarships.

So, there really is no one correct answer. Depends on the parents finances, the kids academics, and the kids athletic ability as to which schools are more affordable. But you are right, meeting 100% of financial need, as the Ivies do, might make a huge difference in the costs depending on one's finances.

My personal experience was very different. My daughter had the athletic ability and grades to attend the Ivies but our household income exceeds qualifying for any financial assistance. We certainly are not rich by long island standards and having multiple kids who will be attending college at the same time made paying 250000 for college an impossibility. Went to a great school and will come out with no debt so it worked out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're wrong the girls on this team live in Massachusetts. You clearly do not know what your talking about.The girls on this team are on the same level if not better than the YJ. The 2019 YJ team is all hype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how far do the girls drive to get to practice? from what I understand its basically a regional, multi state organization and you still have never put a trophy on the mantle. but some solid wins so be happy about it. just don't expect people to be overly impressed because you have a fraction of the D1 commits of YJ or M&D and a handful of others who, by the way, have won dozens of tournaments each.

I think this poster said their kid was NOT on Mass Elite but that his/her daughter played w some of the girls at Under Armour. So I think this was a very reasonable, unaffiliated opinion. Some of those commits you refer to had offers from North Carolina and other places you might deem to be quite good lax schools. They chose other places. Different choices for different families, and no "right" answer. Just to clarify, Mass Elite generally draws from south and west of Boston, including Rhode Island. Providence is only about 35-40 minutes from where ME practices. They get the occasional players from the north side of Boston, but the traffic can be tough for practice. So probably a bit more "regional" than clubs in other areas, but not crazily so. The 2019 ME team happens to be a very strong class for the program. Where most grades at Mass Elite are good but in the second tier of clubs behind the YJs etc, I think it is fair to put the 2019s in the top tier category. They can generally play with anyone and if they were to shorten their bench like some clubs do, I would guess can beat anybody on any given day. Not that lists are the end all be all, but two of the players are on the top 20 sophomore Young Guns IL list and that doesn't include the girl that was the overall MVP at UA, someone who probably could/should be on there. Not looking to get in an argument, just saw these posts on here and wanted to put some perspective around it. For the record, my daughter plays for Mass Elite, but bounces between our "A" and "B" teams. The age group all practices together and tournament rosters are set for each tournament separately. Unlike other programs where the teams are set for the season. Girls get moved up and down throughout the year depending on who signs up for a tournament and how they have been progressing. So I know these girls and families pretty well. They are a good group. Sometimes frustratingly so smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this poster said their kid was NOT on Mass Elite but that his/her daughter played w some of the girls at Under Armour. So I think this was a very reasonable, unaffiliated opinion. Some of those commits you refer to had offers from North Carolina and other places you might deem to be quite good lax schools. They chose other places. Different choices for different families, and no "right" answer. Just to clarify, Mass Elite generally draws from south and west of Boston, including Rhode Island. Providence is only about 35-40 minutes from where ME practices. They get the occasional players from the north side of Boston, but the traffic can be tough for practice. So probably a bit more "regional" than clubs in other areas, but not crazily so. The 2019 ME team happens to be a very strong class for the program. Where most grades at Mass Elite are good but in the second tier of clubs behind the YJs etc, I think it is fair to put the 2019s in the top tier category. They can generally play with anyone and if they were to shorten their bench like some clubs do, I would guess can beat anybody on any given day. Not that lists are the end all be all, but two of the players are on the top 20 sophomore Young Guns IL list and that doesn't include the girl that was the overall MVP at UA, someone who probably could/should be on there. Not looking to get in an argument, just saw these posts on here and wanted to put some perspective around it. For the record, my daughter plays for Mass Elite, but bounces between our "A" and "B" teams. The age group all practices together and tournament rosters are set for each tournament separately. Unlike other programs where the teams are set for the season. Girls get moved up and down throughout the year depending on who signs up for a tournament and how they have been progressing. So I know these girls and families pretty well. They are a good group. Sometimes frustratingly so smile

Sounds fair enough, I would not use UA as a benchmark for how good the mass elite 2019 team is but again a very solid team from what I have seen. Would I put them in top 5 , no but definitely knocking on the door.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds fair enough, I would not use UA as a benchmark for how good the mass elite 2019 team is but again a very solid team from what I have seen. Would I put them in top 5 , no but definitely knocking on the door.

I would. But to each their own. How many times have you seen them play? Can't imagine very often. And for sure you haven't seen them shorten their bench, because they never do. So it's a hypothetical argument anyway, and one that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would. But to each their own. How many times have you seen them play? Can't imagine very often. And for sure you haven't seen them shorten their bench, because they never do. So it's a hypothetical argument anyway, and one that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

top 5:M&D, YJ, SW, Capital and Heros in no particular order TG,ME,Liberty,TLC and Steps next 5 in no particular order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That means a lot that your saying people haven't seen them play often...maybe start playing in competitive tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]A decent club?? who do you think you are. These girls are committed to top D1 schools. Northwestern,Notre Dame,Boston College,Princeton,Stanford to name a few. They have some of the best players in the country and the Under Armour tournament is proof of this.

top 5:M&D, YJ, SW, Capital and Heros in no particular order TG,ME,Liberty,TLC and Steps next 5 in no particular order.

Usually true. Not in this age group. ME has never lost to the group you put them in. But all on here are correct, they don't get to play a lot against the better competition. If they did regularly, it would make them better. Wish they could.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone heading down to this Navy rivalry tournament this sunday? anyone been there and is a good site for a tourney, good fields and places to watch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beautiful location--right on the river...and you can walk out the gates and be right in downtown Annapolis. The only issue will be parking--you can't park on the base and parking tight in Annapolis. i understand they are running shuttle buses from navy stadium which is a good thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most fields overlook the river and being on the grounds and seeing the young people who are making a such an important commitment will fill you with pride, especially in such a dark time politically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in Annapolis. Great venue for lacrosse, food, history and shopping. I don't think there will be any vendors onsite though. Parking is at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium with frequent buses to the venue. Enjoy your visit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most fields overlook the river and being on the grounds and seeing the young people who are making a such an important commitment will fill you with pride, especially in such a dark time politically.

It's a good school. LOTS of good schools in the country. Cool your jets Halsey. 'murica!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a good school. LOTS of good schools in the country. Cool your jets Halsey. 'murica!

shut it yah liberal panty waste. nothing wrong with patriotism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2019 announced commitment to Hofstra yesterday and the sun still came up this morning. Shocking! (For those who are slow, please note the sarcasm before responding.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2019 announced commitment to Hofstra yesterday and the sun still came up this morning. Shocking! (For those who are slow, please note the sarcasm before responding.)

I love that our club doesn't announce, publicize or in anyway promote the commitments of the girls in our program. And before the trolling starts, there are a lot of them. Usually between 20-30 D1 and similar amounts of D2/D3. There is nothing posted about them until their freshman years in college, when you can see where the club alumni went. Lead with developing strong, talented young women and the rest follows. It actually isn't all about the rat race to early commitments. Would love to see others follow that lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Halsey! You have no idea who you're talking to. I am a PROUD military vet and patriotic. Just because I do not buy-in to the hype of the romanticism of a service academy does not make me unpatriotic. It just means that I am a grown-up and have preferences and opinions. And, conversely, being all up in the rear end of a service academy does not make you patriotic. I have a personal friend and co-worker who is a former Navy officer but (probably shockingly to you) he did not attend the Naval Academy. He got a GREAT education at Notre Dame, joined ROTC, attended OCS, and was commissioned as an officer. Arguably at a better academic institution. So, again...relax. 'murica!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love that our club doesn't announce, publicize or in anyway promote the commitments of the girls in our program. And before the trolling starts, there are a lot of them. Usually between 20-30 D1 and similar amounts of D2/D3. There is nothing posted about them until their freshman years in college, when you can see where the club alumni went. Lead with developing strong, talented young women and the rest follows. It actually isn't all about the rat race to early commitments. Would love to see others follow that lead.

what club is this? you must be joking, no announcement, please document this absurd claim..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what club is this? you must be joking, no announcement, please document this absurd claim..

Fact. Not an absurd claim. There are no commitments on their website. The club makes no announcements or congratulations on social media etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact. Not an absurd claim. There are no commitments on their website. The club makes no announcements or congratulations on social media etc.

If you are so proud why all the cloak and dagger about the club name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what club? whats the name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are so proud why all the cloak and dagger about the club name?

What do you think of it? Do you think it's a good thing? If so, do you wish your club behaved that way?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Halsey! You have no idea who you're talking to. I am a PROUD military vet and patriotic. Just because I do not buy-in to the hype of the romanticism of a service academy does not make me unpatriotic. It just means that I am a grown-up and have preferences and opinions. And, conversely, being all up in the rear end of a service academy does not make you patriotic. I have a personal friend and co-worker who is a former Navy officer but (probably shockingly to you) he did not attend the Naval Academy. He got a GREAT education at Notre Dame, joined ROTC, attended OCS, and was commissioned as an officer. Arguably at a better academic institution. So, again...relax. 'murica!

Somebody has an ax to grind!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to figure out what club you are talking about. You just described 40-60 commitments in your description "Usually between 20-30 D1 and similar amounts of D2/D3. " . The top clubs with recruiting are M&D and YJ and they only have between 40-50 commits per age group. This must be some super secret club that puts all the other clubs recruits to shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to figure out what club you are talking about. You just described 40-60 commitments in your description "Usually between 20-30 D1 and similar amounts of D2/D3. " . The top clubs with recruiting are M&D and YJ and they only have between 40-50 commits per age group. This must be some super secret club that puts all the other clubs recruits to shame.

Imaginary club, don't take the bait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not a problem and we understand where you are coming from. Many great students, strong leaders, and outstanding athletes apply to the Naval Academy each year and do not get it. You should not take it personally.

We are all grateful for your service and remember, it's not where you start (Ensign or 2nd LT for instance) but where you finish (ranting on a girls lacrosse forum).

Go Navy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No axe to grind. I'm just amazed that so many people seem to think that since a kid goes to a military academy they must be a top-notch kid. Uber patriotic, straight A's, perfect SAT, ma'am and sir BEFORE they went to the academy, never curse, etc. Nothing could be further from the truth for most of them. They're just regular kids who have chosen to attend a military academy to get a good education and (hopefully) become good military officers one day, and possibly parlay that into a successful career outside of the military. Not all who graduate become good officers, and some enlisted (and some other officers) actually prefer an officer who did not attend an academy. This isn't the 40's or 50's with John Wayne and Gene Autry. From a lacrosse perspective, they're an okay team that plays a weak schedule. So, no axe to grind...just educating the public.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No axe to grind. I'm just amazed that so many people seem to think that since a kid goes to a military academy they must be a top-notch kid. Uber patriotic, straight A's, perfect SAT, ma'am and sir BEFORE they went to the academy, never curse, etc. Nothing could be further from the truth for most of them. They're just regular kids who have chosen to attend a military academy to get a good education and (hopefully) become good military officers one day, and possibly parlay that into a successful career outside of the military. Not all who graduate become good officers, and some enlisted (and some other officers) actually prefer an officer who did not attend an academy. This isn't the 40's or 50's with John Wayne and Gene Autry. From a lacrosse perspective, they're an okay team that plays a weak schedule. So, no axe to grind...just educating the public.

Sorry you did not get in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody held them up as paragons of virtue. However, in a day and age when most of the country (especially the youth) are entitled and narcissistic and when such a small percentage of the population chooses to serve, I think you would be better off selecting other targets than kids who choose to attend our nation's service academies.

You do come off as sort of a sourpuss and perhaps even a tad envious. You sound like a jilted lover.

As for educating the public, we appreciate your attempt at that particular service but again, it really isn't necessary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody held them up as paragons of virtue. However, in a day and age when most of the country (especially the youth) are entitled and narcissistic and when such a small percentage of the population chooses to serve, I think you would be better off selecting other targets than kids who choose to attend our nation's service academies.

You do come off as sort of a sourpuss and perhaps even a tad envious. You sound like a jilted lover.

As for educating the public, we appreciate your attempt at that particular service but again, it really isn't necessary.

You come across as some sort of pompous jackass who feels you are somehow special because your 14 year old committed 9 years of their life away . It's a great school and certainly those who are attending should be proud but let's not pretend that the students who select a military academy are the greatest academic or greatest athletes out there. I have seen many parents push their kids to certain schools because they like the price tag and this is no different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you did not get in sir. We hope this opportunity to air your grievances publicly proves theraputic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You come across as some sort of pompous jackass who feels you are somehow special because your 14 year old committed 9 years of their life away . It's a great school and certainly those who are attending should be proud but let's not pretend that the students who select a military academy are the greatest academic or greatest athletes out there. I have seen many parents push their kids to certain schools because they like the price tag and this is no different.

Thank you for echoing my sentiments. You probably said it better than I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not a super secret club. u know the name. I just looked on website to count to see if my guess on numbers was accurate. They haven't posted 2016 grads yet. In '14 class there were 34 D1 players and 17 D2/D3. In '15 class there were 20 D1 players and 19 D2/D3. Scanning a little, those actually look like pretty good bookends. The '14 class looks high on D1 number. I would say my guesses were pretty accurate, but more like 20-25 D1 per year w '14 being a strong year. So 40-50 total per year, half D1 is about right.

And no commitments on website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not a super secret club. u know the name. I just looked on website to count to see if my guess on numbers was accurate. They haven't posted 2016 grads yet. In '14 class there were 34 D1 players and 17 D2/D3. In '15 class there were 20 D1 players and 19 D2/D3. Scanning a little, those actually look like pretty good bookends. The '14 class looks high on D1 number. I would say my guesses were pretty accurate, but more like 20-25 D1 per year w '14 being a strong year. So 40-50 total per year, half D1 is about right.

And no commitments on website.

Very few '14s went to top level lax schools...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you did not get in sir. We hope this opportunity to air your grievances publicly proves theraputic.

Sorry you had your 13 year old commit 9 years of their life to something they could not possibly have the capacity to understand because you are too cheap to want to have to reach into your pocket to get her an education .

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard