BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,464
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 188 of 220 1 2 186 187 188 189 190 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Same thing has happened at this age last 3 yrs ..top two kids leave ..which causes next 7 or 8 to try and follow .. Opens up half the team and bs brings in B players or un happy A team players from lower clubs that tg has defeated over last couple years ...team will move on playing weak teams and will still win but by a much smaller margin and parents will be happy ....except for the few that waited to long to move they will jump at ninth grade go to yjB team to make that last attempt at recruiting ...There will always be kids to fill the open spots on Tg teams ...but when do you ever hear of wow that stud player just made the move to Tg ...never !!! ...it's always hey that stud player left Tg must be Cr trying to ruin club ...please it's just the best players tend to gravitate towards each other ..They help each other grow to next level ...

Only problem with your story is that it's not the top kids leaving for YJ b, a mediocre team who doesn't beat any quality teams, it's the girls unhappy that they're not playing enough so they are taking a step backwards with the hopes of moving up in the YJ org, which is highly unlikely since they weren't that good to begin with

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question, so please no haters or bashers.
Based on the above response that his kid would make A on the teams listed is that a better option than TG purple? Is TG purple considered equal to those club A teams or is a move to one of those teams A teams a better option in terms of exposure in the very near future for these 2021 girls. At the end of the day, all these clubs are $$ and if your kid isn't necessarily the next SS, but is a quality strong player, it gets tough to figure out. Any advice perhaps of someone that went through this with an older daughter that was at the top of the B team but didn't make the A team would be appreciated. Thank you

TG black or purple have limited exposure. SS has such a conflict of interest when it comes to recruiting and talking to coaches on their behalf. A club should help you get recruited, but as of recently (last three years) that isn't happening and girls are even leaving the top team to play for a YJ b team in some cases (2018 comes to Mind). Now the younger girls with talent to play somewhere other than Hofstra (2020 and 2021) are all leaving for YJ and other options.

Sounds like your daughter did a lot of bench warming for TG, I feel bad for you, but spewing nonsense really makes you look pathetic! Glad you are happy on YJ B/C who can't beat any quality teams. You love to put down SS, so I suppose CR is actively getting her B/C girls recruited to quality schools? Give me a break! Maybe your daughter just needs to work harder! I hear YJ has some clinics coming up, if you attend, you'll have a guaranteed spot on the c team!

Actually of the 4 girls who went to YJ B from TG, they all have had D1 contact starting the fall after they left TG and 3 of them are committed to D1 schools. Previous when they werewith TG they had no college contact. All they heard is "don't worry it will take care of itself" from BS. After 1st YJ fall tourn one girl had 3 contacts. Definetly not bench warmers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a stud player, TG will play you more than others. Why would you leave to go to YJ where you won't play as much? How does moving have a greater impact on recruiting? If you're good, you will get noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing has happened at this age last 3 yrs ..top two kids leave ..which causes next 7 or 8 to try and follow .. Opens up half the team and bs brings in B players or un happy A team players from lower clubs that tg has defeated over last couple years ...team will move on playing weak teams and will still win but by a much smaller margin and parents will be happy ....except for the few that waited to long to move they will jump at ninth grade go to yjB team to make that last attempt at recruiting ...There will always be kids to fill the open spots on Tg teams ...but when do you ever hear of wow that stud player just made the move to Tg ...never !!! ...it's always hey that stud player left Tg must be Cr trying to ruin club ...please it's just the best players tend to gravitate towards each other ..They help each other grow to next level ...

Parents come on here fighting the fight to support the TG teams, nearly all the top players make the switch that can if they are up to the task talent wise. Then the sobering years come, and they realize that fighting the fight was they wrong move. I know many parents kicking themselves in the [lacrosse] in the older age groups. But some were never up to task to make switch and some were lucky to even have a spot on a black team, so staying may be the best option for some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the above response that his kid would make A on the teams listed is that a better option than TG purple? Is TG purple considered equal to those club A teams or is a move to one of those teams A teams a better option in terms of exposure in the very near future for these 2021 girls. At the end of the day, all these clubs are $$ and if your kid isn't necessarily the next SS, but is a quality strong player, it gets tough to figure out. Any advice perhaps of someone that went through this with an older daughter that was at the top of the B team but didn't make the A team would be appreciated. Thank you

TG black or purple have limited exposure. SS has such a conflict of interest when it comes to recruiting and talking to coaches on their behalf. A club should help you get recruited, but as of recently (last three years) that isn't happening and girls are even leaving the top team to play for a YJ b team in some cases (2018 comes to Mind). Now the younger girls with talent to play somewhere other than Hofstra (2020 and 2021) are all leaving for YJ and other options.

Sounds like your daughter did a lot of bench warming for TG, I feel bad for you, but spewing nonsense really makes you look pathetic! Glad you are happy on YJ B/C who can't beat any quality teams. You love to put down SS, so I suppose CR is actively getting her B/C girls recruited to quality schools? Give me a break! Maybe your daughter just needs to work harder! I hear YJ has some clinics coming up, if you attend, you'll have a guaranteed spot on the c team!

Actually of the 4 girls who went to YJ B from TG, they all have had D1 contact starting the fall after they left TG and 3 of them are committed to D1 schools. Previous when they werewith TG they had no college contact. All they heard is "don't worry it will take care of itself" from BS. After 1st YJ fall tourn one girl had 3 contacts. Definetly not bench warmers.

There are huge differences in D1 schools! None of those girls are going to schools to brag about, but good for them, luckily there are a lot of spots out there, and a good fit for most players wanting to play at the next level

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a stud player, TG will play you more than others. Why would you leave to go to YJ where you won't play as much? How does moving have a greater impact on recruiting? If you're good, you will get noticed.

Exactly! Theses are sour grapes from a parent wearing rose colored glasses when it comes to their daughter, blame everyone but yourself mentality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A stud player isn't the kid who just goes to goal over and over ..it's the player who does it all ..doesn't matter if you play the whole game if your not playing with other kids that are on the same page or skill level then you can't showcase all your skills ..that's why better players make each other better ...it's not a competion but a team effort ..the parents that can't understand that are what ruin youth sports ...half the playing time but making great lax plays is better than playing whole game and making that rope pass that can't be caught or that great cut move never to receive ..kids need to accept the team concept

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the different clubs commitment pages, that might help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at the A teams for YJ for 2018, 19 and 20. They are littered with TG players. Best girls on 2018 and 2020 left because of stupidity on the part of TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many 2017s left over the last 3 years and many wish they did. All who left were recruited while some who stayed were not. Others who stayed (like myself) were given ZERO help. My daughters emails went unanswered and the final insult was a hasty phone call which BS said he would return but hasn't. My daughter is a 4 year varsity starter in high school and is quick and tough. Every single thing she did was on her own recruit wise- the little things she didn't know she had to figure out on her own. I'm glad it's over, and do not recommend this club to anybody. My daughter is a great student and will play at all he next level but wanted to stay closer to home, however it wasn't an option at the D1 level. Probably should have given D2 more thought in hindsight. I believe God sets our paths and hope to his is the one he chose for her but already feel we should have done more research. TG does not encourage team bonding and some girls dismiss others once they are recruited. Would not do it all over again or recommend it. Good luck to those who have not been recruited yet, there are still some very good D 3 schools looking for talent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A stud player can do it all .not just go to goal ...in order to showcase your skills you need to play with players that have similar talent ..quality mins over quantity mins ...also win or lose its always better to play against md teams ( top in country ) and participate in fall recruiting events that these teams go too ... Tg just doesn't do this ..it's fine for most but top players are always looking for more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A stud player can do it all .not just go to goal ...in order to showcase your skills you need to play with players that have similar talent ..quality mins over quantity mins ...also win or lose its always better to play against md teams ( top in country ) and participate in fall recruiting events that these teams go too ... Tg just doesn't do this ..it's fine for most but top players are always looking for more

Yup, your daughter keeps getting better playing on YG b/c teams and going to Maryland to get shellacked by Maryland B/c teams. Saw it all summer, hilarious! Don't be to upset though, many of the YJ a teams took serious beatings by the a versions of those same Maryland teams, especially the younger ages . Guess most YJ a teams are really b teams in the grand scheme

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't exactly work that way unless you play basketball or football. The top 5% (the fraky good kids) get noticed and recruited by all. But all the other good players have to have contact with the schools they wish to be recruited by and do to recruiting rules that starts in a big part with the club director and/or coach. since TG used college girls to coach and not adults they cannot help in this process. Which leaves it up to SS and BS.

Do you really think she is going to send good kids to other colleges she competes against on a regular basis. They will give you lip service and BS's bull sh*t line the cream rises to the top...... Another lazy excuse. Junk! They are total junk in the recruiting department since SS took over Hofstra. Look at the commitment page and how kids stopped going to top schools since then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, your daughter keeps getting better playing on YG b/c teams and going to Maryland to get shellacked by Maryland B/c teams. Saw it all summer, hilarious! Don't be to upset though, many of the YJ a teams took serious beatings by the a versions of those same Maryland teams, especially the younger ages . Guess most YJ a teams are really b teams in the grand scheme

So that's why every stud player in 2020 an down has left TG. To play on B teams... lol ... Joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at the A teams for YJ for 2018, 19 and 20. They are littered with TG players. Best girls on 2018 and 2020 left because of stupidity on the part of TG.

I think "best girls" is a stretch. Girls were of equal talent, just made a smart move to an organization with many connections. BTW they aren't missed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many 2017s left over the last 3 years and many wish they did. All who left were recruited while some who stayed were not. Others who stayed (like myself) were given ZERO help. My daughters emails went unanswered and the final insult was a hasty phone call which BS said he would return but hasn't. My daughter is a 4 year varsity starter in high school and is quick and tough. Every single thing she did was on her own recruit wise- the little things she didn't know she had to figure out on her own. I'm glad it's over, and do not recommend this club to anybody. My daughter is a great student and will play at all he next level but wanted to stay closer to home, however it wasn't an option at the D1 level. Probably should have given D2 more thought in hindsight. I believe God sets our paths and hope to his is the one he chose for her but already feel we should have done more research. TG does not encourage team bonding and some girls dismiss others once they are recruited. Would not do it all over again or recommend it. Good luck to those who have not been recruited yet, there are still some very good D 3 schools looking for talent.

2017 parent here. Not many left over last 3 years from my recollection. Same core group of girls still playing together and had a phenomenal summer together. It is unfortunate that not all players received the help they were looking for and some girls are still uncommitted. It is not over, there is still fall ball. Do you have to do your homework and guide your children...absolutely, you can't leave it all to the owners. Being a 4 year starter on varsity puts very little into perspective, especially when you need to take into account the size of the program and the competitiveness in making the team from the HS they are coming from. It seems you may have a differing evaluation of your daughter's level of play than coaches may have if you are not receiving contact.

The team played at plenty of tournaments over the last couple of years in front of dozens and dozens of coaches. Plenty of opportunity to be noticed. Never thought about leaving the program, it was the right fit for us and worked out very well for my daughter in the end. Good luck to your daughter and I hope she finds her place, however, I will recommend this club to anyone who asks in the future. I guess that is the nature of business (and it is a business), one club works for some but not for others. Just figured I would put a differing opinion out for all to read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are huge differences in D1 schools! None of those girls are going to schools to brag about, but good for them, luckily there are a lot of spots out there, and a good fit for most players wanting to play at the next level

UPenn isn't a school to brag about??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 parent here. Not many left over last 3 years from my recollection. Same core group of girls still playing together and had a phenomenal summer together. It is unfortunate that not all players received the help they were looking for and some girls are still uncommitted. It is not over, there is still fall ball. Do you have to do your homework and guide your children...absolutely, you can't leave it all to the owners. Being a 4 year starter on varsity puts very little into perspective, especially when you need to take into account the size of the program and the competitiveness in making the team from the HS they are coming from. It seems you may have a differing evaluation of your daughter's level of play than coaches may have if you are not receiving contact.

The team played at plenty of tournaments over the last couple of years in front of dozens and dozens of coaches. Plenty of opportunity to be noticed. Never thought about leaving the program, it was the right fit for us and worked out very well for my daughter in the end. Good luck to your daughter and I hope she finds her place, however, I will recommend this club to anyone who asks in the future. I guess that is the nature of business (and it is a business), one club works for some but not for others. Just figured I would put a differing opinion out for all to read.

At least 10 girls left according to rosters from the last 3 years. Constant rotating coaches and no show from Andrew did not help. There were also girls on purple lusted as players this year who did not play. Retread my post- my daughter found her place, but without any help from the club despite asking for guidance. In Virginia we had to combine teams because players were so checked out by then! Your daughter was given the playing time and attention that every one who paid deserved. Sadly it's the end of the road for some talented players who almost made a move to another club but foolishly stayed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think "best girls" is a stretch. Girls were of equal talent, just made a smart move to an organization with many connections. BTW they aren't missed.

They aren't missed? You're nuts. SS still calls the sisters going to BC to reconsider. Two girls on 2020 that moved up for the U15 championship were better than anyone on their team that was there already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UPenn isn't a school to brag about??

Great school for academics, not lacrosse, no money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 10 girls left according to rosters from the last 3 years. Constant rotating coaches and no show from Andrew did not help. There were also girls on purple lusted as players this year who did not play. Retread my post- my daughter found her place, but without any help from the club despite asking for guidance. In Virginia we had to combine teams because players were so checked out by then! Your daughter was given the playing time and attention that every one who paid deserved. Sadly it's the end of the road for some talented players who almost made a move to another club but foolishly stayed.

This age group had 3 teams 3 years ago. 2 years ago we had the fiasco of one giant roster for purple and a small roster for black after white folded. Many girls decided enough was enough and left. 26 girls committed in 2017 age group according to their website. At least 20 girls still left uncommitted. We left before last season when the game just wasn't fun anymore. My daughter was able to get recruited without their help and didn't miss TG one bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By far the best. Look at them now, problem is the smiths don't know how to recognize talent, properly handle talent on and off the field and/or are so lost in space and politics, they can't get out of their own way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This age group had 3 teams 3 years ago. 2 years ago we had the fiasco of one giant roster for purple and a small roster for black after white folded. Many girls decided enough was enough and left. 26 girls committed in 2017 age group according to their website. At least 20 girls still left uncommitted. We left before last season when the game just wasn't fun anymore. My daughter was able to get recruited without their help and didn't miss TG one bit.

We also left after the fiasco mentioned above, when it wasn't fun anymore. Our daughter committed to her number one choice after leaving TG. Some players would be better off going to showcases, camps, and prospect days, especially if they have it narrowed down to a few schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure of 2019 age but the top players in the 2020 age left over the last couple years .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many people overlook the point that their daughter might be happy with the friends on her team. In the end it is about getting better at lacrosse, but team dynamics are important for your daughter, which I believe carry over to the field. I see some teams - LI and MD - that have people whom I'd never want to spend a summer with. If your daughter is playing on a new team, but not having fun, she could burn out. Same goes for staying with the same club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The camp was a waste of time and all the camp instructors spent more time on their phone then instructing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anonymous
Unregistered

The camp was a waste of time and all the camp instructors spent more time on their phone then instructing

Yup, total waste

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see some of the 2018 white girls committing before most of the purple girls. Guess white was better than purple like they said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't toot your own horn, it could be some of the girls are willing to attend and play at ANY school and others have more defined goals.

Congratulations to your daughter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Most teams get better when the top 7 players leave! Now the rest can shine, especially the West Bab players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Purple has a new coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Purple has a new coach

Will he bring the dregs of West Islip with him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Purple has a new coach

and next year they will have another new coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Purple has a new coach

Are there any coaches over 20 years old not named smith?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if thats true. then why do so many girls get recruited to so many different schools? Their web site lists all the different school these girls go to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Purple has a new coach

And the year after, and the year after....when it comes to coaching there's no comparison to YJ. TG just doesn't get the top coaches, and the best one they had they couldn't keep so he went to Leg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Purple has a new coach

And the year after, and the year after....when it comes to coaching there's no comparison to YJ. TG just doesn't get the top coaches, and the best one they had they couldn't keep so he went to Leg

That's so funny! YJ have some of the absolute worst coaches! Daddy coaches whose daughters are terrible, college girls who may be able to play but are terrible caoaches. Ask the parents who drove to Maryland to watch their daughters ride the bench last summer while coaches favorites blew every game. You obviously don't have a clue what your talking about, and are bitter at TG because they didn't get your daughter recruited. Maybe it's because she's not that good and has a whining a-hole parent who thinks anybody actually cares what you say. LLL and L

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 just improved.

okay. how?

Purple has a new coach
so what you meant to say was TG2021 purple got better. A good coach certainly can have a large impact on a team! With all the girls who left the black team, how many purple girls got moved up? Will that be tough for the purple team?

Like Reply Quote
Page 188 of 220 1 2 186 187 188 189 190 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard