BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 102 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are from the B teams or kids that were cut.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There were a ton of kids at Igloo tryouts. Saw a lot of Outlaw, Empire, Express helmets there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a ton of kids at Igloo tryouts. Saw a lot of Outlaw, Empire, Express helmets there.

How would you know every kid from every organization? What team is your son on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. You're incorrect. Those are the quality kids from outlaws (select team fell apart towards the middle to end of last season), Empire (the team was terrible and played terrible teams in terrible tournaments. Worst organization of 2023), Tornados (very weak team. Ended up playing B divisions because they got destroyed by A teams) and Express Channy (roster was a huge joke. Took everyone. Playing time suffered) that are trying to find a better fit for next season. Everyone from those teams, except the developmental and average kids, are looking for a solid club to join.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting, kids that were cut? Who was told they were cut yet. love the policy if some teams tell kids they need to improve because they will look to replace them via tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. You're incorrect. Those are the quality kids from outlaws (select team fell apart towards the middle to end of last season), Empire (the team was terrible and played terrible teams in terrible tournaments. Worst organization of 2023), Tornados (very weak team. Ended up playing B divisions because they got destroyed by A teams) and Express Channy (roster was a huge joke. Took everyone. Playing time suffered) that are trying to find a better fit for next season. Everyone from those teams, except the developmental and average kids, are looking for a solid club to join.

100% accurate.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate.

At the end of the day 90% of players return back to their original team. There are only so many spots for movement on other teams. Parents test the waters on other teams knowing they can fall back to their previous club. Unless you're a parent that went scorched earth with the previous club and they, not children, are the reason you don't get an invite back. A few of them on outlaws and from reading on here, seems to be same with empire. Over reaching parents always ruin it for their children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the sounds of things, Empire is looking to be even worse next year. At least the horrible parents are gone, but now they are heavily recruiting everyone that got cut from all of the other clubs. Buyer beware with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worse than what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the sounds of things, Empire is looking to be even worse next year. At least the horrible parents are gone, but now they are heavily recruiting everyone that got cut from all of the other clubs. Buyer beware with them.

They are affiliated with 91. They'll fold at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did things with true blue turn out, did they do the 2 teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo improved by grabbing kids that will make the team better. They needed help at D and seemed to find it. Most of the core stayed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws is a good organization. They just need to better plan and Strategise. They had great athletic kids, just too much change and one dimensional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws is a good organization. They just need to better plan and Strategise. They had great athletic kids, just too much change and one dimensional.

I wonder if all of their players came back then if it was such a mess. Did they build both of their teams up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB ended up putting together a good team. Picked up a great defender three solid Attack and a solid middie. With there core players from last year it should be a great season. Kids love JC and he's doing a great job with them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did IGLOO pick 1 or 2 teams this year???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are affiliated with 91. They'll fold at some point.

Yeah, because all of those Orange teams are always folding. Do you even have a kid that plays?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder if all of their players came back then if it was such a mess. Did they build both of their teams up?

Many got offers to play elsewhere. Some already committed elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of the Select moved on. Don't know if they replaced them. Not sure of their second team. Supposedly they have a new coach for that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over 12 kids left select, Igloo poached em.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of the Select moved on. Don't know if they replaced them. Not sure of their second team. Supposedly they have a new coach for that team.

They will all be replaced. Second team has same coach as last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow 12 kids gone from Outlaws and onto Igloo. Is Outlaws having more tryouts? I want to get my son onto that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New coach won't matter much if a lot of select kids left for other organizations. The black team will ultimately be left with crap. All of the talented kids that attend the tryout will be placed on the select team and the second team will be left with kids that have no place on the team. Money maker for the outlaws and headache for the parents sounds like lots of fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard recon improved picked up a few new players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard only 3 kids left.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard only 3 kids left.....

More accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some where in between, but word is getting replaced by Very good kids, It works out for all. Just enjoy your son and support his team. No need to bash all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not normally post on these pages, but wanted to set a few things straight.

The 2023 Select team has had a few kids leave for other organizations. A few of those that left were not offered spots after the first tryout on the Select team.

We have added/upgraded at every position, and we still have a tryout on September 10th to complete filling out the roster.

It is going to be a legitimate A team, with over 50 practices and tournaments against top competition.

If anyone has any questions that they want answered about the 2023 Select team they can call myself, Mike Brennan, at 631-487-6338. I will be coaching this team each year.

Mike Brennan
631-487-6338

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bravo MB! Good for you! I don't even know you and I give you creds for that post!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Bravo MB! Good for you! I don't even know you and I give you creds for that post!

He is an upstanding and outstanding individual. He is an example of what is right about this sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MB is a good man with the right ideas. I wish him the best and hope to see the team have success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow 12 kids gone from Outlaws and onto Igloo. Is Outlaws having more tryouts? I want to get my son onto that team.

Wow, Igloo just got a lot worse. That's the dumbest thing anyone has written in a while. Why would Igloo, the #2 team around, take 12 kids from a substantially worse team? If you're going to make up a lie, try to one that makes a little more sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2023 Select team has had a few kids leave for other organizations. A few of those that left were not offered spots after the first tryout on the Select team.

We have added/upgraded at every position, and we still have a tryout on September 10th to complete filling out the roster.

Mike what's going on with the Gold team. We are considering trying out on the 10th. How does that roster look?
It is going to be a legitimate A team, with over 50 practices and tournaments against top competition.

If anyone has any questions that they want answered about the 2023 Select team they can call myself, Mike Brennan, at 631-487-6338. I will be coaching this team each year.

Mike Brennan
631-487-6338

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo putting 2 quality teams together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mike what's going on with the Gold team. We are considering trying out on the 10th. How does that roster look?

Mike Brennan
631-487-6338

Why don't you do what he said and call him at the number listed. Do you really want him to explain it on here and open the flood gates to the unnecessary banter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo A team has Bandit mentality and only plays stars or kids with Manhasset zip code. Not necessarily a negative but be aware. Ask around if you are one of the kids cut from your original team (Express/Outlaws) and thinking its a good place to land. B team is new and who knows about talent level but at least you'll have a chance to see the field. Igloo 2022 B team was not competitive in its first year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to Outlaw tryouts 9/10 if you are upset with your current club.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Mike Brennan
631-487-6338

Why don't you do what he said and call him at the number listed. Do you really want him to explain it on here and open the flood gates to the unnecessary banter.

That's the truth and besides Mike is not sitting in here looking to answer questions. He gave his contact info for a reason..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the good old blue and orange stacked their bench, i mean teams, just so other orgs don't scoop them up. Its a shame a good portion of these new kids won't see the field next summer. This is how kids lose interest and get discouraged with the sport.really unfortunate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the good old blue and orange stacked their bench, i mean teams, just so other orgs don't scoop them up. Its a shame a good portion of these new kids won't see the field next summer. This is how kids lose interest and get discouraged with the sport.really unfortunate.

Adding additional productive players is how teams and players get better. One of those teams lost some close games against top teams because they lacked effective subs, essentially ensuring that the starters had to go too deep and lost steam. The new additions, some will definitely be starters FYI, will play quality minutes and make the team better.

However, the other team is definitely just stick piling players to keep them from other teams. If my son was a middie, fogo specialist or goalie, it would be insane for me to move him to that team. They grabbed 3 kids. One was a middie who went from playing all game on his last team to the #7,8,9 middie on his new team. How is he going to get better without playing in tournaments? Would have been better to just do clinics.

Page 10 of 102 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard