BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,959
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 183 of 220 1 2 181 182 183 184 185 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2018 black played their last game trying to make the playoffs. Only certain girls got to play and they still got handled. At this age group the primary focus is getting girls recruited not making playoffs to win a backpack. SS had to help the black coach who is clearly in over her head with that team. It still didn't help.

Actually she played the girls fairly even in the first half and they went down big at half. In the second half she played more or less her main starters and they outscored the other team but could not make up the difference. To be honest with that many girls on the team there are quite a few who do not belong. They are there because of the combination from 3 teams to 2

Listen dbag - if you want to start calling out kids go ahead and we'll have a long conversation. Mistakes were made in both games Saturday by many/all the girls. The first game was lost in the second half when some of the nonstarters didn't play. If you're going to call out kids show your name and don't be gutless.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black played their last game trying to make the playoffs. Only certain girls got to play and they still got handled. At this age group the primary focus is getting girls recruited not making playoffs to win a backpack. SS had to help the black coach who is clearly in over her head with that team. It still didn't help.

Actually she played the girls fairly even in the first half and they went down big at half. In the second half she played more or less her main starters and they outscored the other team but could not make up the difference. To be honest with that many girls on the team there are quite a few who do not belong. They are there because of the combination from 3 teams to 2

Listen dbag - if you want to start calling out kids go ahead and we'll have a long conversation. Mistakes were made in both games Saturday by many/all the girls. The first game was lost in the second half when some of the nonstarters didn't play. If you're going to call out kids show your name and don't be gutless.

What's your name? Or do you just go by "Tough Guy?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's been SS team since inception, as soon as it became apparent that they couldn't compete she bailed out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shoot your mouth off when people can hear you and you'll find out quick you loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shoot your mouth off when people can hear you and you'll find out quick you loser.

No one called out kids, it is just reality in the money making world of girls lacrosse. To me a team should be no more than 22 players. 6 or 7 more girls make it impossible to get even playing time, especially when you are at a championship format tournament. There is not enough talent in an organization for a supposed "A" team to have that many players on their roster.

Let's be honest, if it is a championship format the organization wants to win the tournament. This is good for the program because they can boast about their success thus getting more players to sign up for future years.

On the other side of the equation it was a showcase as well with college coaches so it is understandable that the uncommitted girls want to play and be seen. With
the early commits they need to change the travel landscape. If there are 5 - 6 tournaments in the summer have half of them where everyone plays and have the other half tournaments for uncommitted girls, and this goes for every club so that there are not lopsided games. Also, you should never have a showcase as part of a championship format.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's been SS team since inception, as soon as it became apparent that they couldn't compete she bailed out

It appears the "starters" didn't do too well. Maybe the "starters" shouldn't be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It appears the "starters" didn't do too well. Maybe the "starters" shouldn't be.

Hmmm and guess who should be starting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This bickering is so surprising. TG's are has beens. Long time coming, well not really. Feel so bad for all of you really my heart hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm and guess who should be starting

I'll guess, is it the non-starters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another rough weekend for 2018. Even with BS on both sidelines, it didn't make a difference. Losing to teams they should be beating.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a showcase...you complain when they play to win and you complain when they play whole team and lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another rough weekend for 2018. Even with BS on both sidelines, it didn't make a difference. Losing to teams they should be beating.

It's not about wins and losses at a showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, so shocking! Heard they did great. Especially the starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Showcase, showcase, showcase. The goal is to showcase girls to the college coaches. I've been on the sidelines with the coaches...they don't care about the score nor do they know the score. They are there to watch the girls that have contacted them or the girls they are recruiting. I wish they wouldn't even keep the score cards. Relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Showcase, showcase, showcase. The goal is to showcase girls to the college coaches. I've been on the sidelines with the coaches...they don't care about the score nor do they know the score. They are there to watch the girls that have contacted them or the girls they are recruiting. I wish they wouldn't even keep the score cards. Relax.

Please don't tell them to relax.... The coaches are watching them too. It gives all the other girls a better shot when they scratch the daughters of the loudmouth parents off their list!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don't tell them to relax.... The coaches are watching them too. It gives all the other girls a better shot when they scratch the daughters of the loudmouth parents off their list!

So I guess him running isolation plays for the same girls over and over again helps everyone get recruited? I don't think so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U-15 tournament is underway in Indy.. TG Black tied Integrity 8-8 in first pool game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is your black team doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Won their pool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In answer to your question, how did TG Black do at the U15, they were 5-1-1 and came in 3rd. Yj in 1st, Liberty, 2nd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In answer to your question, how did TG Black do at the U15, they were 5-1-1 and came in 3rd. Yj in 1st, Liberty, 2nd.

Total waste of time and money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think TG 23's better than YJ's 23. Saw them both play but when will they go head to head?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think TG 23's better than YJ's 23. Saw them both play but when will they go head to head?

Very true but the better TG girls will move to YJ and they will be the dominate team in a few years. Look back and history will repeat itself. TG does do a better job of developing talent but CR does a better job of plucking g the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me the deadline TG uses for acceptance in their program? Is it before YJ's? If so, do they have a history of making exceptions if someone tried out for YJ also and didn't like their YJ placement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me the deadline TG uses for acceptance in their program? Is it before YJ's? If so, do they have a history of making exceptions if someone tried out for YJ also and didn't like their YJ placement?

Try outs are August 27 and 28 depending on the age group. Usually find out first week in September if you made a team. Girls have shown up in the past during the winter from other teams if there were open spots on teams. Doesn't matter which club they come from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think TG 23's better than YJ's 23. Saw them both play but when will they go head to head?

Very true but the better TG girls will move to YJ and they will be the dominate team in a few years. Look back and history will repeat itself. TG does do a better job of developing talent but CR does a better job of plucking g the best.

TG 2023 beat YJ 2023 this year. But sadly the above poster is probably correct the better TG girls will end up moving to YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think TG 23's better than YJ's 23. Saw them both play but when will they go head to head?

TG 2023 beat YJ 2023 this year. But sadly the above poster is probably correct the better TG girls will end up moving to YJ.

To say the TG develops players better than YJ is just a false statement.... read a few post above about how B.S. attempts at running a game, to S.S. overseeing teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't count on that happening.....already hearing of YJ blue kids looking elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What size roster do TG teams typically have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look on their site-- they are big rosters. Big rosters are going to be the case for any team of note, but I wonder about the truth of their playing time philosophy. You'll never get the truth of that here since every one's full of it (for an against).

My youngin' is gonna tryout this fall but I wish I watched them a little on the sidelines this year to see how girls are given playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on the age group. 2018 had the two biggest rosters because 3 teams were combined into 2 when a ton of girls left. Most teams have 22-24 girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look on their site-- they are big rosters. Big rosters are going to be the case for any team of note, but I wonder about the truth of their playing time philosophy. You'll never get the truth of that here since every one's full of it (for an against).

My youngin' is gonna tryout this fall but I wish I watched them a little on the sidelines this year to see how girls are given playing time.

I can only comment on the 2018 purple team. The roster was too big. Only had 4 girls that played defense and they never came off the field. Almost 3 full lines for attack and midfield. Girls only got 1 shift per half. Coaches rarely subbed on the fly. Many parents were upset about the playing time to the point they called BS to complain. He coached the very next tournament to see first hand and still was unable to figure it out. 6 girls missing at the hofstra tournament was the only reason the playing time went up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have had kids on both YJ and TG, the A teams were capped at 24, but the B, C, D whatever have had up 28-29 kids on the team different years. 24 players is really the max as its 2 full teams ( If the team is properly constructed of 8 defense, 6 middies, 8 attack and 2 goalies)
A few less is better, 18-20 dedicated players who all show-up is ideal.
some clubs post rosters, take a look and count for yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can anyone tell me the deadline TG uses for acceptance in their program? Is it before YJ's? If so, do they have a history of making exceptions if someone tried out for YJ also and didn't like their YJ placement?

YJ 2023 A team has 26 on the roster and plenty of complaints about playing time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you make a team you have a couple of weeks to send in your $500 non refundable deposit. If your daughter chooses to tryout for another program and accept a spot there then you forfeit yor $500.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughters team ran 6 attack, 6 middies, 6 defenders & 2 goalies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lucky you. My daughters team ran 11 attack, 8 middies, 4 defense and 2 goalies. Season was a total waste.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lucky you. My daughters team ran 11 attack, 8 middies, 4 defense and 2 goalies. Season was a total waste.

Here's my thought on rosters size. Carry too many people complain. Carry too few and you screw yourself. Anything under 21-22 is no good. My daughter had 19 and at 2 tournaments we had no subs. People blow off tournaments for other sports, vacation, Aunt Gertrude's birthday party whatever. I can't understand how you spend all this money and don't care. And screw the other girls in the process because they are dying in 90 degree heat!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's my thought on rosters size. Carry too many people complain. Carry too few and you screw yourself. Anything under 21-22 is no good. My daughter had 19 and at 2 tournaments we had no subs. People blow off tournaments for other sports, vacation, Aunt Gertrude's birthday party whatever. I can't understand how you spend all this money and don't care. And screw the other girls in the process because they are dying in 90 degree heat!

Because Aunt Gertrude turns 90 only once and she may not be here next year. In my book, family first!

Like Reply Quote
Page 183 of 220 1 2 181 182 183 184 185 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard