BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 97 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of you are forgetting House of Sports (HOS) as well.

Their 2019 group is a strong team. Obviously not the caliber of PT or Express North, but arguably the third best team in Westchester/Rockland/NYC for that age group. Have kept the same core of kids for 4 years and added great pieces along the way.

Recently went undefeated at Westchester War games (weak tournament but shows their growth) and beat solid Ward Melville squad in championship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I THINK DIRECTOR OF tristate mike bocklet is a world class guy and obviously hello of a player, but, the problem I see at that program is the way they position themselves in the lax universe, they play B tourneys against b/c teams and even though their teams at the younger levels are as good or as bad as the younger teams in Westchester like express or primetime, they will struggle to attract the players who are looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, while I realize that pot of gold may never exist for some players or even most players , but it is what drives parents to craziness of travel lacrosse. even his 2020, 2019, 2018, etc teams all play in low level tourneys with zero chance of any scout ever being there. so why pay 1500-2000 dollars when you can pay less for the same with programs like warriors, ballers, etc... meaning town style programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I THINK DIRECTOR OF tristate mike bocklet is a world class guy and obviously hello of a player, but, the problem I see at that program is the way they position themselves in the lax universe, they play B tourneys against b/c teams and even though their teams at the younger levels are as good or as bad as the younger teams in Westchester like express or primetime, they will struggle to attract the players who are looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, while I realize that pot of gold may never exist for some players or even most players , but it is what drives parents to craziness of travel lacrosse. even his 2020, 2019, 2018, etc teams all play in low level tourneys with zero chance of any scout ever being there. so why pay 1500-2000 dollars when you can pay less for the same with programs like warriors, ballers, etc... meaning town style programs
Everything you say is true, and I think for certain grade years can really only play tournaments based on talent. I would love to hear feedback about what their quality of instruction is? PrimeTime (especially) and Express North have become more about early recruitment than anything else. Team lacrosse is not in their vocabulary, watch the athletic middie go 1 on 2, and then shoot anyway & anywhere. So I think TriState and perhaps others can and should fill a niche for parents and players who aren't looking for the pot of gold in 7th and 8th grade but instead a solid summer team where players actually get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at the 2024 level- primetime played express north this past weekend 9-3 express north - what's going on with Primetime

Easy big guy. Express North gets destroyed whenever they leave westchester.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe it is as much the organization as it is the commitments [lack thereof] from many of the families. Seems they treat this as summer camp, expensive at that, and only show when its convenient.

Everything you say is true, and I think for certain grade years can really only play tournaments based on talent. I would love to hear feedback about what their quality of instruction is? PrimeTime (especially) and Express North have become more about early recruitment than anything else. Team lacrosse is not in their vocabulary, watch the athletic middie go 1 on 2, and then shoot anyway & anywhere. So I think TriState and perhaps others can and should fill a niche for parents and players who aren't looking for the pot of gold in 7th and 8th grade but instead a solid summer team where players actually get better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TS instruction that I have witnessed is ok. Nothing great or spectacular or unique, but certainly hits all the spots and not deficient in any way. I would be shocked if it were better than the instruction at PT or Express North, just based on reputation and pedigree of coaches. TS has been playing tournaments commiserate with their talent. Someone above indicated a problem with attendance and commitment at 2019. Similar problems exist at other grades, especially with regard to attendance at practice. Families are very wealthy (a generalization, I know, but I am basing it on what I see and where they live) and it means nothing to them to pay $1500 (or whatever it was) and have their kid miss tons of practice and some of the tournaments. The comparison to town summer programs is valid but most towns don't have such, so its not an option for many people. These programs seem to be in Northern Westchester and would be too far to travel for practice for most of who is at TS. Lower Westchester families are not driving their kids to Somers or Yorktown to play for Warriors or Ballers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at the 2024 level- primetime played express north this past weekend 9-3 express north - what's going on with Primetime

Easy big guy. Express North gets destroyed whenever they leave westchester.

well what does that say about primetime then? express north stinks, and pt 2024 stinks way worse - who cares -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My last two cents and its very nit-picky.

TS does not really have a sense of comradery. The majority of other teams bring team tents and the boys typically hang out in between games. This really hasn't been the case. They should consider this as the boys come from a number of different towns and would help build a bit more cohesiveness on the field.

TS instruction that I have witnessed is ok. Nothing great or spectacular or unique, but certainly hits all the spots and not deficient in any way. I would be shocked if it were better than the instruction at PT or Express North, just based on reputation and pedigree of coaches. TS has been playing tournaments commiserate with their talent. Someone above indicated a problem with attendance and commitment at 2019. Similar problems exist at other grades, especially with regard to attendance at practice. Families are very wealthy (a generalization, I know, but I am basing it on what I see and where they live) and it means nothing to them to pay $1500 (or whatever it was) and have their kid miss tons of practice and some of the tournaments. The comparison to town summer programs is valid but most towns don't have such, so its not an option for many people. These programs seem to be in Northern Westchester and would be too far to travel for practice for most of who is at TS. Lower Westchester families are not driving their kids to Somers or Yorktown to play for Warriors or Ballers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My last two cents and its very nit-picky.

TS does not really have a sense of comradery. The majority of other teams bring team tents and the boys typically hang out in between games. This really hasn't been the case. They should consider this as the boys come from a number of different towns and would help build a bit more cohesiveness on the field.

Not nit picky at all, in fact it's a small gesture of commitment from an organization to it's players and families. On a related topic I've always been a fan the Yorktown Ballers concept. Keeps many of it's players together, especially those at the mid-level, which I think has gone a long way in developing and keeping Yorktown's dominance in northern westchester

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no tristate parent and I get the tent- but- its a 2 yr old program, im sure bocklett has it on his to-do list

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the poster that said express north 2024 is cream of the class, I saw express north 2024 play this summer, man did they look awful, could not win a faceoff, or win a ground ball, not sure what happened there or how they beat Primetime 9-3. the one midi that dominated in the fall, can barely get out of his own way . lost every game this weekend, they need help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the poster that said express north 2024 is cream of the class, I saw express north 2024 play this summer, man did they look awful, could not win a faceoff, or win a ground ball, not sure what happened there or how they beat Primetime 9-3. the one midi that dominated in the fall, can barely get out of his own way . lost every game this weekend, they need help

What you're seeing at the younger ages is dilution of the talent as the number of programs grows. Long Island has more numbers to support 4-5 high quality teams. Westchester doesn't. They will all struggle to compete until some of these combine or fold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What measuring stick are you guys using to compare programs? If you are talking just talent, I think LIE North is tops for the older teams, but Daniello at Prime Time does a better job of placing kids in colleges.

I agree, dilution hurts in Westchester and Western CT but natural selection will win out. Plus there is room for different types of programs- recruiting focused, development and just kids who want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the clubs and where they mainly draw kids accurate?
Primetime- all over
Preds- Rye, Mamaroneck, Bronxville
Express North- Somers, Pleasantville
3D Tri-State- Greenwich
Eclipse- New Canaan, Westport, Weston
Dynasty- Mahopac
Rhino- Fairfield, Redding
Superstar- Ridgefield
Ballers- Yorktown
2Way- Rye, Mamaroneck, Pelham
19 TriState- Scarsdale, Mamaroneck,
Greenwich (club)- Scarsdale, Greenwich, White Plains
Topside- New Rochelle, Pelham

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Long Island Express N 2021 team for taking another big step forward as a team. It was a pleasure watching the boys play so hard together to beat teams with men on their rosters.

How do these teams get away with playing older kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations Express North 2024 , another great weekend - 1-3 against mostly B teams up in Simsbury , makes their record 4-15 on the summer - way to go!! Maybe Schreiber isn't yelling enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime looking pretty good now - lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PrimeTime went 2-3 at the NXT Cup. Lost to Taz and T91 from Maryland. Beat Superstar. So they weren't great either.

Who is the PT coach for this grade and how is the coaching? Will the coach change next year? My experience is that PT uses college kids as coaching.

Same for LIE North. Who is the coach and will he be the same next year? How is the coaching?

Have a son who may tryout for both. Want the best coaching. Want a coach that cares about the kids and makes a team out of them. Don't care about winning.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations Express North 2024 , another great weekend - 1-3 against mostly B teams up in Simsbury , makes their record 4-15 on the summer - way to go!! Maybe Schreiber isn't yelling enough

Why would any grown man keep track of the record of a bunch of boys who have just finished the 4th grade????

You might be surprised what one can learn from a loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the PT coach for this grade and how is the coaching? Will the coach change next year? My experience is that PT uses college kids as coaching.

Same for LIE North. Who is the coach and will he be the same next year? How is the coaching?

Have a son who may tryout for both. Want the best coaching. Want a coach that cares about the kids and makes a team out of them. Don't care about winning.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out 3d for really great instruction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pt- moves coaching around , but most are ex div 1 players or local hs coaches

li express is chris Schreiber/jay hill - very intense - good for some kids not so good for others -

both are good options

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westchester warriors- Nick Savastano (Kennedy catholic)is expanding his program to the younger ages- Nick is a top notch pro- could be great !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to 2021 LI Express North for a huge come from behind (twice!) victory over the Edge to win the NLF Summer Championship. Everyone contributed to the TEAM victory and the successful summer experience. Can't wait for next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE North 2021 won the B (single a) bracket. Team 9+1 beat eclipse for the championship in the A (aa) bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ITS WAS THE B BRACKET- NICE TRY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeh. If your gonna self promote. Be honest at least. You won the B bracket. Like 90+1 tristate saying they won the war games against b/c teams. It's not bad. But be honest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeh. If your gonna self promote. Be honest at least. You won the B bracket. Like 90+1 tristate saying they won the war games against b/c teams. It's not bad. But be honest

Get a life. Congratulating a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds on a hard fought tournament win, promoting nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many on here argue that this team is better than that as if being on the best team is somehow a ticket to playing in college and that kids should be embarrassed if they are playing on a team that is not super elite. Guess what? It's pathetic. It's your kids who are playing, not you. They're the ones who have to care at the end of the day and the minute they stop having fun, they won't care about it at all no matter how great their team is. And your status in the community and in life is not made better because little Johnny is a standout player. Whatever shortcomings you have that compel you to argue over the greatness of your kids youth lacrosse team will not diminish whether he plays at Hopkins or gets cut from his high school team. Much of what is on this board is good dialogue and exchange of information but those of you that are compelled to [lacrosse] on other programs while beating your chest about how great your son's program is have some serious character issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said
So many on here argue that this team is better than that as if being on the best team is somehow a ticket to playing in college and that kids should be embarrassed if they are playing on a team that is not super elite. Guess what? It's pathetic. It's your kids who are playing, not you. They're the ones who have to care at the end of the day and the minute they stop having fun, they won't care about it at all no matter how great their team is. And your status in the community and in life is not made better because little Johnny is a standout player. Whatever shortcomings you have that compel you to argue over the greatness of your kids youth lacrosse team will not diminish whether he plays at Hopkins or gets cut from his high school team. Much of what is on this board is good dialogue and exchange of information but those of you that are compelled to [lacrosse] on other programs while beating your chest about how great your son's program is have some serious character issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. That being the case why don't we all stop paying the middleman and get a summer league going. For these kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. That being the case why don't we all stop paying the middleman and get a summer league going. For these kids

because eit is a viscous cycle.

You get a summer league and it turns into rec because all the better players wants more they want better. then they leave then everyone wants better and bang back to club again.

Honestly the club route is MUCH better if you have the right club. Some clubs are just like rec but they call it club. Some are elite and are for the better players... but then comes the politics and that gets watered down.

Life is cyclical and cynical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What kind of troll spends his time knocking others who are congratulating a youth team on their success? Sneak back into the dark recesses of your pathetic little life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be interesting to see this coming year how many 2020's have miraculously morphed into 2021's through the wonders of private school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams for 19 and 20 in West/CT area?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In no particular order... 3d, Primetime, Predators, Express, Eclipse

Too many if you ask me. Talent is diluted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree. these teams all get pounded when they go the island. could compete if they combined

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree. these teams all get pounded when they go the island. could compete if they combined

Not true, Express North and Primetime do a pretty good of competing with the best teams all over, especially the older grades 2018, 2019 etc.

I keep seeing talk about the Predators but I have no idea who they are or where they compete. Have not seen them in the past 3-4 years anywhere on the island, PA or MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In no particular order... 3d, Primetime, Predators, Express, Eclipse

Too many if you ask me. Talent is diluted.

Indeed. Rumor has it that Colsey is going to be seriously upgrading Superstars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one thing colsey does that no other program is doing is bring some fun back into the game for these younger players - 3x3 small area games , box lacrosse etc, I have to believe he will see the fruits of his labor in the future , bring the back yard , creativity back into the game

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 97 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard