BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 77 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents ruining sports for kids, and at the same time ruining their kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
horrible but probably true, in that there is no real youth sports anymore. It is a business's and parents should be... Better be involved.

The rec league is fine as long as it is treated as such. But we aren't talking rec league. So many times they say you probably never played a sport. I think that is so false, I think many of us did and know when we need to stay involved and when to back off.

None of this is new, and what was once old is new again. Be parents, what that's means is different to each one of us. But the HS thing doesn't last long for your children, you learn a lot if you have 3 or 4 go through, you can apply what you learned, it is a lot harder if you have 1 or 2 and the times flies by before I you realize it.

Protect your house first...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
U r a despicable human being...

Oh, and ur kid is not as good as u think he is...

U r really teaching him valuable life lessons here... Threaten the school board over some nonsense to get your way... Nice! What character!

So 18 years of building a program is impacted and 50 kids (I mean 49 kids) have their HS Lax experience interrupted due to the vanity and ego of a few selfish people.

Well said. JC was a good coach who put a tremendous amount of time into building the program. There are a group of parents who have a sense of entitlement that is absolutely ridiculous. They should get a better grip on the reality that no matter who the next coach is there kids will not play unless they put in the time and get better. this is really just an absolute shame that the board got involved and is tearing down a program that is one of the better run on Long Island. I feel sorry for all those kids that were beginning the recruiting process and now have to start over with a new coach that has no history or knowledge of any of them.

Lets remember that this board is an elected group and can be out if people choose to get them out. Funny they did not get this involved when they were paying our previous superintendent the most compensation of any one in the county for her position. I guess they are as clueless as the DUMB A$$ parents that did nothing but [lacrosse] to them about playing time. 50 kids on the team what did they think would happen. Should of made cuts and moved on..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some clarity on the Syo issue -

while there has been a tremendous amount of support for the coach and a vocal minority of people with complaints (some valid and some not so much) the coach was repeatedly given the support of the administration about "coaching style and playing time issues" the final straw that led to this was an incident off the field that was reported to the school by another employee of the school district and not a parent of a player on the team (although after the situation became public I believe other parents did come forward and complained).

constant parent complaints might have been a contributing factor but they were not why this happened.

Personally I think the Board and the Superintendent spend way to much time on this one team and one coach when they have to spend so much time on real issues like common core and budgets, it seems like a stronger AD could have prevented a lot of the parent complaints and by giving meeting to all these parents they gave them a sense of power that maybe in the long run hurts the program.

God speed to the next coach that has to deal with us folks, unless he can figure out how to play 35 kids at one time he will be crucified on here and in the AD's office the morning after the first game. Imagine what the parents would be like if Syo was a losing team????

JC was and will continue to be a good coach and has "helped" build a very good program but regardless of who takes over the varsity the youth program and more importantly all the travel programs will continue to feed the HS with very well trained lacrosse players.

Good luck coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be a board of education meeting this Monday, July 11th at South Woods middle school at 8:00 PM. It is a community forum where anyone can speak their mind. I will be there with my son to plead our case for coach Calabria to remain as coach. If you can attend to help our cause, please be there by 7:45

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I judge a coach with the amount of talent compared to record.
JC was decent coach- not great he had a lot more talent than most teams think he should have won state in the last runs.

Coaching style- horrible- it is one thing to yell at the refs and own teammates but to belittle opposing players is un-acceptable.

He made his own bed now he has to sleep in it.

When your a coach you need to have control of your emotions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the insight--wonder who that "other high school employee" could have been. And what they had to gain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sure about that not a parent part?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T heodore R oosevelt is rolling over in his grave right now over all this nonsense.

Typical case of Board covering their butts and taking the easy way out.

The situation will only get worse as the really bullying is occurring by a few selfish parents who will undoubtedly be emboldened by there influence over the Board, likely holding a potential frivolous lawsuit over the Board's head.

Well once the High school's lacrosse program goes down the drain the only thing Syosset will be known for will be idiot parents and a second rate school district.

Well done!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is taking the head job ? New coach from Massapequa ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Board will be calling in the starting lineup and line changes this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the insight--wonder who that "other high school employee" could have been. And what they had to gain.

coach of another varsity team with no connection to the lax team or ax to grind that I know of

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Board will be calling in the starting lineup and line changes this season.

I know that it is hard for people on BOTC to believe because this is a lacrosse site not an education site but the board really does not give a poop about lacrosse or who coaches it, or any other sport for that matter. They became involved because the district felt this incident warranted the boards involvement - nothing to do with playing time or coaching style or parent complaints this was about a simple single off field error in judgment that the administration and board felt was serious enough (I DO NOT FEEL IT WAS SERIOUS ENOUGH) to not renew his contract going forward

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For which he was suspended pending an investigation and reinstated at it's conclusion. Can't have it both ways. They cleared him then to resume coaching, so they look pretty incompetent, or currupt, "unclearing" him now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Rooney busy nowadays?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They already have their Parent Advisory Board in place to help out the new guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I got to say is Massapequa better not hire that traitor back.
There will be a revolt in Massapequa if they hire him back to coach pequa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is taking the head job ? New coach from Massapequa ?

I doubt it being he is best friends with JC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Busy stirring the pot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol so childish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hes going to sachem east

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JC has NOT ever/ NEVER been associated with MHS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow up, there would be no revolt, the man is a gentlemen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JC has NOT ever/ NEVER been associated with MHS

They are talking about his assistant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol so childish

Ehh his assistant was from Massapequa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T heodore R oosevelt is rolling over in his grave right now over all this nonsense.

Typical case of Board covering their butts and taking the easy way out.

The situation will only get worse as the really bullying is occurring by a few selfish parents who will undoubtedly be emboldened by there influence over the Board, likely holding a potential frivolous lawsuit over the Board's head.

Well once the High school's lacrosse program goes down the drain the only thing Syosset will be known for will be idiot parents and a second rate school district.

Well done!

I went to one of the rival schools mentioned. To call Syosset a second rate school district qualifies you as an imbecile. The lax team will remain good for a while, but the changing demographics will be a factor in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would you know what went on on the sidelines? Belittling the opposing players...not so! I've witnessed opposing coaches do horrible gestures to our players after games. I feel sorry for the person who posted this BS. JC did a lot with the talent that he had. His smartness and coaching strategy enabled our team to reach the County Championship game for years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your team should have made states with that kind of talent every year. if you like your kid going home in his underwear as a punishment for losing and then have him lie to get coach reinstated then you need professional help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your team should have made states with that kind of talent every year. if you like your kid going home in his underwear as a punishment for losing and then have him lie to get coach reinstated then you need professional help.

wasn't punishment but it was a mistake, I didn't care nor have i heard any of the other parents on the team that I have spoken cared, thank goodness he didn't keep his e-mails on a private server..... oh wait, that is actually something important that people should and do care about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a term for people like you. It starts with a P and ends wth a Y.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know any of the kids lied? Were you there in the room with them? And if your son plans on playing lax in college...Good Luck! Your 4 years are going to be miserable. Lastly, I've seen girls change their clothes (yes, taking their shirts off wearing sports bras) and football players leaving the building in their compression shorts. Do their parents need professional help? I think not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least someone is acknowledging that there are talented players in Syosset...

Maybe if the school actually cared about and supported the program Syo would win states one year... Too much energy spent trying to crush the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy to see that many parents of starters are writing their Syo defense of a coach who has shamelessly belittled and ridiculed his players over the course of many years. As a parent of a lacrosse alumni, I couldn't wait to leave (neither could my son). It is a shame that a sport that my son loved was robbed from him by this man. He lies, he deflates, chastises, and demoralizes even his best players. What is sad is that the parents of those boys that feel the brunt of his narcissism and tirades do not find it as easy to get up to a podium to voice their mistrust of JC. They and their boys know what it will mean for them-blacklisted, banished from play time, made fun of, etc. As all of you proponents suckle the teet of JC and his alleged promise of recruitment help, etc, etc. know there is an equal amount of us who will call and write to the board and administration praising them on this long awaited decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok... I will see you on Monday Night at the Board Meeting...

If u feel so strong in your convictions you should man up and do it in person , not hiding behind an aninomous post.

Nice that you feel it is appropriate to engage in aninomous character assassination! You are a real man!

I hope ur son fleeced a bit of character from JC while he was on the team.. He certainly could not have learned it from a coward like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"T-e-a-t"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a woman as are you I see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok... I will see you on Monday Night at the Board Meeting...

If u feel so strong in your convictions you should man up and do it in person , not hiding behind an aninomous post.

Nice that you feel it is appropriate to engage in aninomous character assassination! You are a real man!

I hope ur son fleeced a bit of character from JC while he was on the team.. He certainly could not have learned it from a coward like you.

"Aninomous"? LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, and by the way...

Sometimes a good kid does not get recruited or selected for an all star event not because of there lack of skill and athletic ability, but rather because their parents are too involved and are always complaining.... You know the type... People who always complain about little Johnny's playing time, etc... Bitching about everything on BOTC...

Think about it....

Have a nice day.

Nice try but not even close. 18 out of 22 kids from the same club being selected by the guy that runs that club has nothing to do with complaining parents. Keep telling yourself the whole process wasnt a farce eventually you might even believe it.

Page 72 of 77 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard