BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 90 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hooked means to have a coach give your son a starting position on the team even if they are not the best player trying out for that position,

Unhooked means you are trying out for a position on the team, Either you do not donate large sums of money to the school and or you do not know any of the coach's or there family members well enough for them to give your son unfair favoritism, In short if your son is trying out for attack and you think there are 6 positions open there are only 2 because 4 of the spots are already filled by the parents/kids with hooks

I hope I was able to help you understand, P.S. try getting out of your house a little, life is to short you should have been able to understand the slang of hook and unhooked

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FREDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how many 2020's are being actively recruited at this point? I have only heard of 1 commit, are there others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wonder how many 2020's are being actively recruited at this point? I have only heard of 1 commit, are there others?

Probably the exceptional players with political ties at this point. All the showcases are heating up so I would imagine it will be nuts in 30-60 days for everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax already. There will be plenty of time for 2020s to commit. They haven't even entered high school for God's sake. You will see commitsments really pick up in the winter and then summer of next year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One just committed to Michigan from long island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably the exceptional players with political ties at this point. All the showcases are heating up so I would imagine it will be nuts in 30-60 days for everyone else.

Given how crazy this all is, I would be shocked if almost all of 91 wasnt getting serious attention already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
88+3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really good player - re classed 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought reclass was a Maryland thing

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is, but on Long Island most of the players that reclass stay on their original travel/club team, unlike Maryland, who immediately drop down a year to get an advantage...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is, but on Long Island most of the players that reclass stay on their original travel/club team, unlike Maryland, who immediately drop down a year to get an advantage...

Probably the best way to go overall. That way you still get the benefit of looking bigger and faster to the college coaches but dont have to listen to the crybaby daddies say that you did it solely to win a youth tournament. Smart move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't the reclassed 2019 in question play 2020 for club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That early Michigan commit should get interesting. I'll be shocked if the current coach is still there by the time his NLI day comes...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That early Michigan commit should get interesting. I'll be shocked if the current coach is still there by the time his NLI day comes...
Plays for Kellenberg if I'm not mistaken

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

your talking about the Dpole (at Kelly) not the middie 19/20 recent commit.

both should be fine and are tops in 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't the reclassed 2019 in question play 2020 for club?

No. Stayed with 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the recent 2020 Michigan recruit! going to be an exciting summer for the boys, who's next and where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loser who's next and where? Get a life! Another guy living through his kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could make the same statement about any 8th grader that commits - 4 or 5 years away is a long time for anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That early Michigan commit should get interesting. I'll be shocked if the current coach is still there by the time his NLI day comes...

Without getting us off the topic (2020) too much, Why would a coach leave over the next 3 years from one of the top colleges in one of the top conferences in the country when from all appearances, he is making inroads in recruiting and is probably building himself a premier program with likely unparalleled resources. Seems like he is set for the time being and I would think this is a place I would want to go for all the reasons stated. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wolvorines in the tournament within the next few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That early Michigan commit should get interesting. I'll be shocked if the current coach is still there by the time his NLI day comes...

Without getting us off the topic (2020) too much, Why would a coach leave over the next 3 years from one of the top colleges in one of the top conferences in the country when from all appearances, he is making inroads in recruiting and is probably building himself a premier program with likely unparalleled resources. Seems like he is set for the time being and I would think this is a place I would want to go for all the reasons stated. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wolvorines in the tournament within the next few years.

Are you serious?? Great school but the lacrosse program is a trainwreck! Getting worse not better, even though they have some talented players. Did they even win a game this year? So many better options. Pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious?? Great school but the lacrosse program is a trainwreck! Getting worse not better, even though they have some talented players. Did they even win a game this year? So many better options. Pathetic!
Explain exactly what constitutes a better option than the University of Michigan? Lets see I'll give you Ivies (if you can get in) then maybe Duke, ND, GTown, UVA (maybe) then...? A school that pays for all four years of college? last I checked there are only 3 schools in DI that guarantee a four year education and there are some strings attached to that agreement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan - great education and those helmets are the bomb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Rising Sons lacrose club really folding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Explain exactly what constitutes a better option than the University of Michigan? Lets see I'll give you Ivies (if you can get in) then maybe Duke, ND, GTown, UVA (maybe) then...? A school that pays for all four years of college? last I checked there are only 3 schools in DI that guarantee a four year education and there are some strings attached to that agreement.

School is good, no doubt. Lax program miserable. My kid was offered there, but since lacrosse will be a big part of his college experience with the rigor of being a D1 athlete, he chose another on your list. I guess it would also depend how serious you are about contributing to a winning program. If you are satisfied riding pine and getting berated by a losing coach in fear of his job, maybe it's the right place, after all it is a fine school in other aspects.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone do any of the individual showcases this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School is good, no doubt. Lax program miserable. My kid was offered there, but since lacrosse will be a big part of his college experience with the rigor of being a D1 athlete, he chose another on your list. I guess it would also depend how serious you are about contributing to a winning program. If you are satisfied riding pine and getting berated by a losing coach in fear of his job, maybe it's the right place, after all it is a fine school in other aspects.

To each his own. But plenty of coaches berate players and tons will ride the pine for 4 years at tons of schools. I don't have a dog in the fight but folks on a 2020 board taking shots at UM cuz they arent winning now are missing the bigger picture. UM does very few things half way. Doubt the current record stays that way by the time 19/20 kids get there. And...as mentioned...while lax is important so is getting a job. UM has one of the largest and most active alumni bases you will find...as does ND, Duke, Harvard, etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you hear this? Can't see that happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the kid who "committed" to UM. I didn't mean the current coach would leave there on his own but rather he better show some improvement over the next two years max or he will be out which may put the kid at risk at UM if that coach is gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, talked to some of their parents at another event. Sons 2020 team will be no more after the summer. The boys on that team are being encouraged to try out for NXT, some will make it some won't. Rising Sons is only going to be a club for 4th-8th grade teams. It will be interesting to see what happens and where those boys land.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the kid who "committed" to UM. I didn't mean the current coach would leave there on his own but rather he better show some improvement over the next two years max or he will be out which may put the kid at risk at UM if that coach is gone.

Just glad we have another mature 8th grader out there. I kind of feel guilty that my son still doesn't listen to me all the time and these other kids already know what college they want to go to. I need to ask the parents what the key is to their success

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...Rising Sons is only going to be a club for 4th-8th grade teams...

That is a tough road to travel. Without the hype of college recruiting how will they attract quality players to their club?

As a parent I would love it if they can really teach and challenge the boys and develop fundamentals and IQ and have fewer ulterior motives. I'll admit that view might be pretty naive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Can't understand why Under Armour would allow 17 year olds to play on their South Team?? Just took a peak at the roster, aren't these parents embarrassed and how do the tournament directors allow these parents and kids to get away with it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Can't understand why Under Armour would allow 17 year olds to play on their South Team?? Just took a peak at the roster, aren't these parents embarrassed and how do the tournament directors allow these parents and kids to get away with it?

My Rising Sr. could whoop the asses of most the 2019 too... and he is 7 1/2 months younger than the St. Andrews Kid, I hope that is a type O.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking for a 2020 "B" level travel team or "A" level town for 2016 Jimmy McGrath memorial lacrosse Tournament June 25th at St Pauls you can email me @ fsyouthlax@gmail.com for more info

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, talked to some of their parents at another event. Sons 2020 team will be no more after the summer. The boys on that team are being encouraged to try out for NXT, some will make it some won't. Rising Sons is only going to be a club for 4th-8th grade teams. It will be interesting to see what happens and where those boys land.

NXT is a good organization but their 2020 team is weak. I can't imagine any of the Sons not making it, or wanting to go there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basically their entire team will make up the new NXT 2020 HS team. I'm assuming they are going to leverage NXT for their recruiting ability. NXT is big in that market. Their HS teams are actually really good. This 2020 team will be the best in Philly because it will be made up of mostly Sons and a handful of other local talent. I bet kids leave Mesa and HHH to try and get on that team now. All very interesting.

NXT is a good organization but their 2020 team is weak. I can't imagine any of the Sons not making it, or wanting to go there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basically their entire team will make up the new NXT 2020 HS team. I'm assuming they are going to leverage NXT for their recruiting ability. NXT is big in that market. Their HS teams are actually really good. This 2020 team will be the best in Philly because it will be made up of mostly Sons and a handful of other local talent. I bet kids leave Mesa and HHH to try and get on that team now. All very interesting.

I highly doubt they will be the best in Philly, however, if you ask them they will be happy to tell you just how great they are currently. I guess if you say you are the best enough times, maybe it will be true?!

Page 70 of 90 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard