BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 46 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NYS allows a 16 game schedule if a coach schedules OOC games. So if he got suspended it wasn't for over scheduling.

Thank you, that was something as a parent that I did not know. If you are correct maybe a someone should inform Plainedge that their coach should not have been suspended. Good info thanks again....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plainedge should get kicked out of playoffs. Every coach knows not to schedule 16 games. This jerk needs to go.

Look at the goal differential allowed, was it really necessary to beat up on weak teams? Are those egos not big enough? Anyone with insight from the meeting today please post

It's never just the coach, all girls at this level know when they are just padding their stats. This isn't a Plainedge thing this a modern day girls lacrosse thing.

It's the parents, it's almost always the parents!

You are right. Mom and dad endorse the poor sportsmanship and point grabs because its not about the team it's about getting money to play in college.

First of all who cares about Plainedge they will or never have been able to crack top tier teams, they have always had one the loudest mouth parents on the island who happens to be a YJ coach and is only concerned with his own kid who is average at best. In defense of the coach doesn't the athletic director sign off or review the schedule? Also I took a look at the out of conference games scheduled there were 3 from the Nassau power division, Port Washington who appear to be one of the better teams in Nassau and North Babylon a better than average team in Suffolk all other games on schedule were division games of which are out of any bodies hands. As for the margin of victory comment they are not as out of line with other teams as said by an earlier poster, 10 goals keeps clock running doesn't it? so when out matched most teams usually hover around the 10-12 goal margin.....one more thing teams in Suffolk and at least one other have 16 games scheduled, over sight or not coach suspended and it looks like a tough seeding for them of which they are not a threat to upper tier teams in Nassau anyway. Where is Plainedge anyway?
How do you the YJ coach and the players but not where Plainedge is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYS allows a 16 game schedule if a coach schedules OOC games. So if he got suspended it wasn't for over scheduling.

The Plainedge parents run the team and have blown through a lot of coaches over the last few years. They placed their high profile football coach on the team to settle the turnover down. Not sure what happens next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Plainedge parents run the team and have blown through a lot of coaches over the last few years. They placed their high profile football coach on the team to settle the turnover down. Not sure what happens next.

Easy.... everybody in girls lax knows that loud mouth he has been around YJ forever! p.s. I have heard of Plainedge I just don't know where it is located smart a$$ just like I don't where many high schools are located through out long island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy.... everybody in girls lax knows that loud mouth he has been around YJ forever! p.s. I have heard of Plainedge I just don't know where it is located smart a$$ just like I don't where many high schools are located through out long island!
Here's a clue, they are usually in the Town they are named for. Examples like, Manhasset is in Manhasset, Northport is in Northport, Syosett is in Syosett......get it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a clue, they are usually in the Town they are named for. Examples like, Manhasset is in Manhasset, Northport is in Northport, Syosett is in Syosett......get it?

Plainedge is not a town - it's a school district. It pulls from Seaford, Massapequa, Farmingdale and maybe Bethpage. Similar to Island Trees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.K. so I attended Plainedge High School genius and now live in Suffolk here is lesson for you Plainedge is not a town it is the name of the High School, Plainedge encompasses parts of several towns such as Massapequa, Seaford, Bethpage it is not a town so get your facts straight because by your knowledge John Glenn is a town (located in Elwood by the way).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.K. so I attended Plainedge High School genius and now live in Suffolk here is lesson for you Plainedge is not a town it is the name of the High School, Plainedge encompasses parts of several towns such as Massapequa, Seaford, Bethpage it is not a town so get your facts straight because by your knowledge John Glenn is a town (located in Elwood by the way).

Plainedge is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) in the Town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, New [lacrosse], United States. The population was 8,817 at the 2010 census. Residents are served by the Bethpage (11714), Massapequa (11758), and Seaford (11783) Post Offices, with a small number of residents being served by the Farmingdale (11735) and Levittown (11756) Post Offices. The area was once known as Turkeyville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look for Plainedge to advance from their side of the bracket to meet GC in the finals. Girls are going to coach themselves like in Varsity Blues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look for Plainedge to advance from their side of the bracket to meet GC in the finals. Girls are going to coach themselves like in Varsity Blues

Even the hook and ladder won't save them in that game

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who will win first round tomorrow in the b playoffs - gc, lynbrook, long beach, north shore , manhasset, south side, wantagh, plainedge - can there be any upsets in 2nd round - lynbrook over gc? south side over manhassett?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau County girls lax teams are only allowed to schedule 15 games. They don't go by the state rule of 16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look for a YJ coach to be pushed again for the spot if current coach doesn't survive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau County girls lax teams are only allowed to schedule 15 games. They don't go by the state rule of 16

So Nassau County should be suspended they broke state rules.... LOL!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long live the Plainedge pirate. That is what that loudmouth is referred to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Plainedge lose at Calhoun or does this blabbering continue all week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Plainedge lose at Calhoun or does this blabbering continue all week?

Plainedge played 4 above average teams and lost all 4 games by as little as 2 goals and one by 12 goals. I guess they could beat Plainedge who seems like a similar team. We shall see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15 is less than 16, Genius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15 is less than 16, Genius.

what happened to the coach? team is still in playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plainedge is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) in the Town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, New [lacrosse], United States. The population was 8,817 at the 2010 census. Residents are served by the Bethpage (11714), Massapequa (11758), and Seaford (11783) Post Offices, with a small number of residents being served by the Farmingdale (11735) and Levittown (11756) Post Offices. The area was once known as Turkeyville

Plainedge is a [lacrosse] show, that's what it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is MacArthur not playing home v Lynbrook? They are the be higher seed and higher conference? Splain please? What is the over/under?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is MacArthur not playing home v Lynbrook? They are the be higher seed and higher conference? Splain please? What is the over/under?

Seriously? Lynbrook is 8 and Macarthur is 9 - yes #9 is higher than the #8 but in sports the "higher" seed means the better ranked team. So in the NCAA bracket when a 1 plays a 16, 16 is a "higher" seed but the #1 ranked team is ranked "higher" so you play at the "higher" seed, NOT the "higher" number. That said, todays winners are:

GC
Lynbrook
North Shore
Manhasset
South Side
Wantagh
Calhoun (in a close one)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calhoun will lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight, the Plainedge coach is going to lose his job because he's a loud mouth and the parents don't like him? Is he in the teacher's union? Because if he is, his job is protected by the union, losses and being a jerk don't matter. The only way he gets canned is if he is abusive to his players, or he resigns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calhoun is playing North Shore. Not possible for both to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the High School Lax Girls thread Einstein

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
calhoun is playing plainedge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roslyn is Playing North Shore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight, the Plainedge coach is going to lose his job because he's a loud mouth and the parents don't like him? Is he in the teacher's union? Because if he is, his job is protected by the union, losses and being a jerk don't matter. The only way he gets canned is if he is abusive to his players, or he resigns.

I think its a loudmouth parent who someone says is a pirate and a coach who scheduled and had team play too many games. Or is the coach a pirate? Either way its sounds like a mess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lynbrook played a tougher schedule than MacArthur that is why they got a home game - lynbrook will win by 10 - they have the leading scorer in Nassau

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think its a loudmouth parent who someone says is a pirate and a coach who scheduled and had team play too many games. Or is the coach a pirate? Either way its sounds like a mess.

You know you just cant make this stuff up!!!!

Just out of curiosity, does he call himself a pirate or is that what they call him behind his back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a separate note, St. Anthony's defeated Sacred Heart Academy yesterday to win the CHSAA title. The Friars closed strong, winning 14-10 in what had been a very close contest.

Let the Catholic bashing begin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while coaching he wears a puffy shirt like the one seinfeld wore for kramers girlfriend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't wanna bee a prate, Jerry Seinfeld

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does he have an eye patch? Does he have a long black beard? Better yet can he be heard exclaiming "AAAAARGGGGGGHHHHHH" all the time as he waves a cutlass with a parrot on his shoulder? Just a few questions I would love to have answered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a separate note, St. Anthony's defeated Sacred Heart Academy yesterday to win the CHSAA title. The Friars closed strong, winning 14-10 in what had been a very close contest.

OK It's such a powerful League

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Plainedge pirate has no clue this is his nickname, however now he might. For years he had a mustache and goatee and once wore a bandana, hence started the Plainedge pirate. Since the girls were in 3rd grade he has been a nuisance on the sidelines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is. SA and SHA are two very strong teams. Kellenberg beat Southside and Calhoun, both teams in playoffs, and Kellenberg does not, generally move players up to varsity. So there will always be some very strong players who are on JV until they are a junior, thus not fielding their strongest teams at the varsity level as they could otherwise. SJB has been very strong in the past and had an off year. The others may be weak but the top 3 are solid and could compete with many publics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is. SA and SHA are two very strong teams. Kellenberg beat Southside and Calhoun, both teams in playoffs, and Kellenberg does not, generally move players up to varsity. So there will always be some very strong players who are on JV until they are a junior, thus not fielding their strongest teams at the varsity level as they could otherwise. SJB has been very strong in the past and had an off year. The others may be weak but the top 3 are solid and could compete with many publics.

Read in Newsday that SA are graduating 14 seniors, how will this affect them going forward?

Page 29 of 46 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard